1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Samurai"

One Piece Manga Chapter 959 Discussion and 960 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 959 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 960

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oi! Hide yo' kids! And yo' wives! Close your shops! Hell, Hide yo' livestock! This made me giggle, what's he gonna do with the pigs? xd

Anyway, considering the emphasis Oda has placed this chapter on how Orochi has cut off all the vital access routes, he seems to be implying this is what it eventually will turn into:

It could also go into the other direction or harbor, however I'm more inclined to believe they're still going via Tokage. Either way the essence is that they will have to go through the capital, which makes sense. There have been a few plot points that were contrasting quite a bit with their original plan, but would perfectly fit this scenario.

For starters all the big-shots have gathered on Onigashima and the intention of the insurgents was to take them down there. So, what about the Flower Capital then? Even from a pure symbolic point of view it feels weird to have it completely absent from all the action. What's the point of introducing such a magnificent location while barely using it? On top of that they are having a festival, which is king of pointless to bring up if everything happens off-screen. It does provide nice setting for some...'unplanned festivities'.

Secondly, those samurai are still locked up. What was the point of introducing them all, even pointing out how strong they are, if the only thing they will do is sitting in a jail throughout the course of the arc? If the army has to cross the Flower Capital, it provides the perfect opportunity to free them and even bolster their strength.

Thirdly, Denjiro is still unaccounted for. Now he could be be involved at any point during the events that will unfold, but time-wise this would be an ideal opportunity.

Fourthly, Kyoshiro is in the capital. He is by far one of the most enigmatic characters that got introduced in Wano and he's probably the main obstacle that has to be overcome if they indeed would go through the capital. His character wouldn't really benefit the story if they keep him so far away from the action. You can also include Law here as the last time he was seen, was in the capital. Again a perfect opportunity to drag him back to the front lines.

Lastly, the biggest issue of this plan would be the time to cross the entire country. The story has been hopping back and forth between the present the previous two days. So it's possible that they're already on the move while Kinemon and the others arrived at the harbor. It's kind of hard to get the timeframe right, but I somewhat have the feeling that Oda first wants to make them feel despair and follow it directly up with a first climax.

And another thing. There's obvious someone leaking intel to Orochi, but I'm wondering if Oda intentionally dropped a hint when Orochi said '4000'? I found it weird when their numbers were increased with 200 men. 4000 or 4200 makes little difference and it's such an odd number, but yet it was emphasized their army is 4200 men strong. Orochi on the other hand said 4000, which could been interpreted as that the traitor didn't know they found an additional 200 men. This is kind of far-fetched though.

Finally, it's peculiar that we can't see anyone during the bombing of the harbor. Those ships are vital to their plan, yet no guards, no shipwrights? My guess is that they simply repaired too many ships as a result of Franky's enthusiasm. His goal was too make enough ships to carry an army that was far larger than the one they had and as their numbers are limited, it would simply not be possible to bring all of them along.

Reactions: SaitamaSanji

SaitamaSanji

Kin
391💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oi! Hide yo' kids! And yo' wives! Close your shops! Hell, Hide yo' livestock! This made me giggle, what's he gonna do with the pigs? xd

Anyway, considering the emphasis Oda has placed this chapter on how Orochi has cut off all the vital access routes, he seems to be implying this is what it eventually will turn into:

It could also go into the other direction or harbor, however I'm more inclined to believe they're still going via Tokage. Either way the essence is that they will have to go through the capital, which makes sense. There have been a few plot points that were contrasting quite a bit with their original plan, but would perfectly fit this scenario.

For starters all the big-shots have gathered on Onigashima and the intention of the insurgents was to take them down there. So, what about the Flower Capital then? Even from a pure symbolic point of view it feels weird to have it completely absent from all the action. What's the point of introducing such a magnificent location while barely using it? On top of that they are having a festival, which is king of pointless to bring up if everything happens off-screen. It does provide nice setting for some...'unplanned festivities'.

Secondly, those samurai are still locked up. What was the point of introducing them all, even pointing out how strong they are, if the only thing they will do is sitting in a jail throughout the course of the arc? If the army has to cross the Flower Capital, it provides the perfect opportunity to free them and even bolster their strength.

Thirdly, Denjiro is still unaccounted for. Now he could be be involved at any point during the events that will unfold, but time-wise this would be an ideal opportunity.

Fourthly, Kyoshiro is in the capital. He is by far one of the most enigmatic characters that got introduced in Wano and he's probably the main obstacle that has to be overcome if they indeed would go through the capital. His character wouldn't really benefit the story if they keep him so far away from the action. You can also include Law here as the last time he was seen, was in the capital. Again a perfect opportunity to drag him back to the front lines.

Lastly, the biggest issue of this plan would be the time to cross the entire country. The story has been hopping back and forth between the present the previous two days. So it's possible that they're already on the move while Kinemon and the others arrived at the harbor. It's kind of hard to get the timeframe right, but I somewhat have the feeling that Oda first wants to make them feel despair and follow it directly up with a first climax.

And another thing. There's obvious someone leaking intel to Orochi, but I'm wondering if Oda intentionally dropped a hint when Orochi said '4000'? I found it weird when their numbers were increased with 200 men. 4000 or 4200 makes little difference and it's such an odd number, but yet it was emphasized their army is 4200 men strong. Orochi on the other hand said 4000, which could been interpreted as that the traitor didn't know they found an additional 200 men. This is kind of far-fetched though.

Finally, it's peculiar that we can't see anyone during the bombing of the harbor. Those ships are vital to their plan, yet no guards, no shipwrights? My guess is that they simply repaired too many ships as a result of Franky's enthusiasm. His goal was too make enough ships to carry an army that was far larger than the one they had and as their numbers are limited, it would simply not be possible to bring all of them along.
interesting. while i agree with wt u said wouldnt they be attracting too much attention if they went through flower capital? didnt it was mentioned that government officials are there so they need to be careful.

and abt that last para. is there a chance the traitor himself is some kind of double agent? like he actually work for straw hats alliance bt plays his role under shogun so he wont get caught yet at the same time making the alliance one step ahead everytime

and finally abt the battle itself. so as we know the night gonna be a full moon where mink can get their sulong form to fight. bt there is something that bothers me. do u really think that a battle as huge as this will simply go down over one night? its not quite right for me. so far considering the fact that even akainu vs aokiji happened for 10 days it would take at least more than 7 days for kaido to go down IMO. wt im trying to say is wt ever gonna happen the battle will be very close for each side. so pretty sure kaido or BM wont go down that easily like how WB did since marines forces were too much for WB pirates bt cant see that from wts gonna happen at onigashima. the battle would probably be way close than it looks. so my question is that wouldnt it hv been the best if minks could fight in their sulong form or gain it when they reach the climax of the battle? its like this battle wont end in one night as it would take days to take out kaido so having minks using their trump card this early on the battle is unlikely or somewt not right for me. So here is wt i think. since minks would need their ability at the climax of the battle i feel like this battle gonna last for a complete month of a time. Bt even that seems impossible. so wt do u think abt this

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Am I the only one frustrated that no one is making counter measures for Big Mom? Surely Luffy or even Momonosuke can warn the scabbards and say that BM is as powerful as Kaido and that should be prepared for her as well?

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
interesting. while i agree with wt u said wouldnt they be attracting too much attention if they went through flower capital? didnt it was mentioned that government officials are there so they need to be careful.

and abt that last para. is there a chance the traitor himself is some kind of double agent? like he actually work for straw hats alliance bt plays his role under shogun so he wont get caught yet at the same time making the alliance one step ahead everytime

and finally abt the battle itself. so as we know the night gonna be a full moon where mink can get their sulong form to fight. bt there is something that bothers me. do u really think that a battle as huge as this will simply go down over one night? its not quite right for me. so far considering the fact that even akainu vs aokiji happened for 10 days it would take at least more than 7 days for kaido to go down IMO. wt im trying to say is wt ever gonna happen the battle will be very close for each side. so pretty sure kaido or BM wont go down that easily like how WB did since marines forces were too much for WB pirates bt cant see that from wts gonna happen at onigashima. the battle would probably be way close than it looks. so my question is that wouldnt it hv been the best if minks could fight in their sulong form or gain it when they reach the climax of the battle? its like this battle wont end in one night as it would take days to take out kaido so having minks using their trump card this early on the battle is unlikely or somewt not right for me. So here is wt i think. since minks would need their ability at the climax of the battle i feel like this battle gonna last for a complete month of a time. Bt even that seems impossible. so wt do u think abt this
Of course they would attract attention. It's not a preferred plan, but a plan out of complete necessity and by lack of any alternatives. However, as I said currently a festival is being held and it's the only day in the year they are allowed to drink. So there's bound to be ruckus either way. What's more all the Beast Pirates should be at Onigashima alongside most of Orochi's men. Only a select few remained in the capital and those are under Kyoshiro's command. Other than him the only known character that is strong enough to pose a threat is Law. And for both of them it's kind of unclear what their aim is.

In the end they don't have time to spare and they can't afford to loose too many men along the way. Also their forces are currently spread into several groups, so that would make it hard to counter them if they appear from multiple sides. If there was any time to pull a maneuver like this, it would be now.

And no I don't think the traitor is a double agent. There was absolutely no merit in revealing the entire plan to Orochi. It's always possible the traitor tries to redeem him/herself later on, but an elaborate double-crossing scheme? No.

Even though there had been some preparation for this rebellion for nearly 20 years, in the end they had to plan it in less than two weeks and the majority of that time they used to gain troops, arm them and organize the transport logistics. From a rational point of view the success ratio of this endeavor would be incredibly low. I'm not going to try to predict this battle as there are simply too many variables and it most likely will end up in a massive, chaotic battlefield. It can't be compared to Akainu vs Aokiji, which was a 1 one 1 battle. Regarding Sulong, the Minks themselves admitted it's an unpredictable ability. Apparently few clouds before the moon can negate it. Now they do have Nami, but it remains a risky tactic to place too much faith in.

Reactions: SaitamaSanji

SaitamaSanji

Kin
391💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Even though there had been some preparation for this rebellion for nearly 20 years, in the end they had to plan it in less than two weeks and the majority of that time they used to gain troops, arm them and organize the transport logistics. From a rational point of view the success ratio of this endeavor would be incredibly low. I'm not going to try to predict this battle as there are simply too many variables and it most likely will end up in a massive, chaotic battlefield. It can't be compared to Akainu vs Aokiji, which was a 1 one 1 battle. Regarding Sulong, the Minks themselves admitted it's an unpredictable ability. Apparently few clouds before the moon can negate it. Now they do have Nami, but it remains a risky tactic to place too much faith in.
so wt do u think. will it go down over an one night? i know its not 1 v 1 like akainu and aokiji bt still the fact whoever gonna put down kaido will more likely have a very close fight gives me the idea that kaido wont go down over just one day. remember inuarashi and nekomamushi vs jack fight? it went for five days straight since the battle was close. the other parties of minks and beast pirates werent even a factor here. its true we still dnt how kaido will go down if he gets 1 v 1 or 2 v 1 or any other bt still the battle will be much closer and would take days to take him out IMO. i still think it would hv been better if minks got to access their sulong form at the climax of the battle not this early on

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
so wt do u think. will it go down over an one night? i know its not 1 v 1 like akainu and aokiji bt still the fact whoever gonna put down kaido will more likely have a very close fight gives me the idea that kaido wont go down over just one day. remember inuarashi and nekomamushi vs jack fight? it went for five days straight since the battle was close. the other parties of minks and beast pirates werent even a factor here. its true we still dnt how kaido will go down if he gets 1 v 1 or 2 v 1 or any other bt still the battle will be much closer and would take days to take him out IMO. i still think it would hv been better if minks got to access their sulong form at the climax of the battle not this early on
Time is a relative concept in a manga. There's a reason why the longest battles have been off-screen, in flash-backs or with interruptions showing scenes that occur somewhere else: a battle drawn out for days in the present time is going to feel unrealistic to us, readers, as we experience time differently. The only way to bypass that is to regularly make forward time jumps. Though, the issue with that is that it's going to slow down the momentum that has been created. It's something that works for less important battles; for example Luffy vs Cracker made a 10-hour jump or something, but plot-wise that wasn't that important of a fight; however this is going to be greatest climax of the entire series so far.

Personally I'm not really bothered with having all of this end in one day as that one day could equal an entire year or more in real life. It's also highly doubtful either Kaido or BM will be fighting 1 on 1. It's possible a single character will do the 'final stretch', but I'm more inclined to believe this is going to be a series of several characters ganging up in sequence. There's really no shortage of big shots present and several who are still expected to show up.

Reactions: Erikhog

Shellshocked

Kin
378💸
Kumi
43💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think it will be Luffy/ Zoro vs kiado since Luffy out for revenge and Zoro has the sword that cut him . And Sanji,chopper Robin Nami face Big mom Sanji can feed her robin and chopper can try to hold her and Nami has zues makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.