1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"The Promised Port"

One Piece Manga Chapter 958 Discussion and 959 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 958 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 959

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Lol Oda. A bit lame, but I'll bite.

- Act 3 starts with tragedy. That's ruff. I like that Inuarashi was like "**** it, we'll just do this anyway" with a rowboat. What a dawg.

- It's obvious they didn't die. But something happened.
I saw some theories floating around when the spoilers released that Franky could have made hot air balloons ships, or ---Caribou could have swallowed them all to hide and infiltrate Onigashima... like another fakeout as we got it in Whole Cake Island with Wadatsumi swallowing the Sunny. Lame, because Oda can't expect us to think they're dead, specially when it's the second arc in a row he does this. Sigh.

- Maybe even Jinbe showed up and coated their ships so they can go under the storm and the waves and show up at Onigashima a la Whitebeard... Franky can do submarines too... so many parallels.

- But something definitely happened. Orochi knew about their raid and Orochi is ecstatic and unconcerned. He either sent someone there to take care of them, and they were defeated but sailed away to Onigashima earlier and appeared to be defeated ... or the men Orochi sent betrayed Orochi and gave him false info.

- Did he send Kyoshiro? As it was mentioned he stayed behind in the capital... this has a meaning, it's not random info.
My theory is that Kyoshiro is the alliance's mole, undermining Orochi and helping Komurasaki. So he most likely faked an attack, destroyed some ships and told them to sail (or hide) away from that port. X Drake and Law could have a hand in it too.

- Or, worst case scenario, Vegapunk arrived with his new Pacifistas per Orochi's requestand wrecked the port. IDK :huh:

- The small snails being blocked is either due to some device or the storm interfering with it, nothing serious.

- It would be really cool if when Kin'emon and the others showed up at Onigashima, everyone else would be there, exhausted or defeated from fighting, but then would rise up again to fight. Maybe Conquerors Haki can do that? Give an astonishing amount of will to the allies to get up and fight again. Like Luffy did vs Katakuri.
Maybe that's why it's the strongest and rarest form of Haki. Because not only it can defeat the weak of will, but it can also powerup others' will to fight

- That, or they will show up after Kin'emon and the others arrive at Onigashima and stand against the 40k soldiers. Something like Jon Snow vs the cavalry charge at the Battle of the Bastards.

- A curious thing was said by Oden. *********** has a sketchy translation, ***********'s is better.
Nonetheless, Wano has decided to stay closed to the WG for all this years and he doesn't understand why. Something tells me that this is not so simple as wanting to be an isolated country, but because they're hiding the secrets of the void century. Or some of them.

Reactions: Erikhog

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sulong Minks incoming!
You must be registered to see images

Also am I the only one who thought this was Nami?

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Now that was quite anticlimactic...

It has a bit of a mystery thriller-vibe as how the hell did Orochi succeed in making so many people and materials disappear on such short notice without leaving a trace? It was to be expected that not everything would go smoothly, but still this feels like the momentum that was generated in the previous chapters got halted, especially now that next week there's no chapter. I would have preferred that OP would have gone on a break this week.

Reactions: Lord Orange

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Now that was quite anticlimactic...

It has a bit of a mystery thriller-vibe as how the hell did Orochi succeed in making so many people and materials disappear on such short notice without leaving a trace? It was to be expected that not everything would go smoothly, but still this feels like the momentum that was generated in the previous chapters got halted, especially now that next week there's no chapter. I would have preferred that OP would have gone on a break this week.
Do you think that a mink is the traitor? Whoever the traitor is, I hope it will be a good reveal! I think the last "traitor revealed" we got was Pudding but she turned out to be somewhat of a comedy character in the end.

Olorin

Legendary
Kin
268💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sulong Minks incoming!

Also am I the only one who thought this was Nami?
there is also an usopp look alike, not to mention the second woman on that pic could ez be robin, makes u wonder if the SHs went and disguised themselves

Reactions: Passerby

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Do you think that a mink is the traitor? Whoever the traitor is, I hope it will be a good reveal! I think the last "traitor revealed" we got was Pudding but she turned out to be somewhat of a comedy character in the end.
Well I don't really get how/why a mink could have gotten into contact with Orochi. On the other hand it has never been explained how Jack knew exactly that Raizou was on Zou nor how Kinemon, Momo and the others returned. Though, that again contrasts with the reality that most people considered Orochi paranoid and that he didn't seem to have any actual proof of their return.

It pretty much comes down to that Orochi and Kaidou operate quite independently from another and don't share information as much as they should...and this gets kinda confirmed in this chapter as apparently they have an average of meeting each other once a year.

So I'm more inclined to believe it's someone from Wano, in particular because it would be near impossible for a mink to decipher the riddle on the paper (unless it was one of the minks from the inner circle).

Reactions: Passerby
Status
Not open for further replies.