5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Enma"

One Piece Manga Chapter 955 Discussion and 956 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 955 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 956

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Reactions: Naruto X Hunter

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I thought it was a pretty good chapter.

Bege and co. heading to Dressrosa could be an interesting cover story.

I know people get tired of 'zoro so badass' but come on, taking his energy back from the sword like that was pretty cool.

30,000 vs 4,000 shouldn't be so rough when Luffy can probably ice 10-20,000 of them right off the bat with a Conq. blast.

I wonder if we'll see a new G4 this battle or not, he's training Bounce Man so it would seem not.

Why just mention the 'snatch' bit like that and not dig a little more. Save that panel for when we're getting an explanation.

Was it meant to look like Law was working with Orochi or was that just me?

Joker

Supreme
Kin
213💸
Kumi
2,291💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I get the whole training sequences and all, but I really just wanted this chapter to focus on Onigashima. I’m craving the whole Rox background, but it is nice to see that Luffy and co are unaware of the alliance. They’re in for a surpriseeee

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
  1. Sanji having a heart attack when Zoro displayed Enma's power
  2. Luffy casually using King Kong Gun in training really shows how far he has improved
  3. Luffy and Zoro are the only Straw Hats training for the final battle (at least on camera anyway)

Reactions: Naruto X Hunter

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
so now it's cconfirmed. oden was certainly stronger than a rank 1comannder. that sword could probably slice kaido and big mom.
We know it sliced Kaidou, it would be a good time to test BM's invulnerability for sure, although if Zoro did manage to damage her the question arises would that make him > Luffy and if that's the case then I don't see him actually doing it.

TRE MERCER

Legendary
Kin
22💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I understand there training or whatever but Kaido still one shotted Luffy and in about 2weeks Luffy is going to be able to fight on par with Kaido I call bs

Shellshocked

Kin
378💸
Kumi
43💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I’m really wondering about them leaving Hiyori at the grave . Could that be a trap for orochi or are they that naive to make such a mistake ... it will be funny if they fail and the rebellion all have to leave for Zou in the end

Pirate King

Elite
Kin
22💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This chapter was sooo freaking awesome, this war is going to be so epic

Even with these power ups I’m really having a hard time seeing how luffy and co are going to win this war

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm really glad Oda skipped through the last days, it gives the story a bit more momentum.

Lovin' all the sword-service we've received the past few chapters. Still it's a bit annoying though that we're only receiving bits and pieces of the Zoro-Wano connection without the whole context and that somehow none of the characters has pointed out (at least not on-screen) this connection. It's also quite. strange that suddenly Kawamatsu is respectful towards Zoro. Anyway, it seems that Zoro will obtain a Supreme Grade Sword by raising one or two Great Grade Swords.

Finally:

"Magic swords and reasoning are one and the same: not for the weak"

most...quotable...line...ever

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We know it sliced Kaidou, it would be a good time to test BM's invulnerability for sure, although if Zoro did manage to damage her the question arises would that make him > Luffy and if that's the case then I don't see him actually doing it.
What if Luffy punches BM so hard that she coughs blood? What if Luffy punches BM so hard that it causes some sort of internal bleeding? Then would it be okay if Zoro gives BM her very first scar?

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What if Luffy punches BM so hard that she coughs blood? What if Luffy punches BM so hard that it causes some sort of internal bleeding? Then would it be okay if Zoro gives BM her very first scar?
Mmm? Yes and no. It'd be more acceptable for him to hurt her then imo but as for "1st" I think that'll have to go to Luffy before Zoro but I would count the coughing blood as a visible sign of injury.

As long as it's shown or established Luffy would also be able to damage her at the time than I'm fine with it.

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mmm? Yes and no. It'd be more acceptable for him to hurt her then imo but as for "1st" I think that'll have to go to Luffy before Zoro but I would count the coughing blood as a visible sign of injury.

As long as it's shown or established Luffy would also be able to damage her at the time than I'm fine with it.
But Zoro right now can slash Luffy as well but that doesn't mean he is stronger so it really shouldn't matter if he hurts Big Mom before Luffy.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
What the hell is Oda doing? Why are only Zoro and Luffy training? This is a war arc, we should have at least ONE panel showing the others, especially Sanji, preparing themselves for combat

I'm really glad Oda skipped through the last days, it gives the story a bit more momentum.

Lovin' all the sword-service we've received the past few chapters. Still it's a bit annoying though that we're only receiving bits and pieces of the Zoro-Wano connection without the whole context and that somehow none of the characters has pointed out (at least not on-screen) this connection. It's also quite. strange that suddenly Kawamatsu is respectful towards Zoro. Anyway, it seems that Zoro will obtain a Supreme Grade Sword by raising one or two Great Grade Swords.

Finally:

"Magic swords and reasoning are one and the same: not for the weak"

most...quotable...line...ever
Strange that a connection that was never established in the manga, anime, or even paratextual material isn’t being elaborated on? I wonder why.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What the hell is Oda doing? Why are only Zoro and Luffy training? This is a war arc, we should have at least ONE panel showing the others, especially Sanji, preparing themselves for combat

Strange that a connection that was never established in the manga, anime, or even paratextual material isn’t being elaborated on? I wonder why.
??

I didn't say it was weird to elaborate on it I said it's weird, for me, to do it in a couple panels at a time spaced out throughout many chapters. It would have been nice to get more of a convo after Momo brought 'snatch' back up instead of just a casual reference.
Post automatically merged:

But Zoro right now can slash Luffy as well but that doesn't mean he is stronger so it really shouldn't matter if he hurts Big Mom before Luffy.
Before...maybe, maybe not but if only he's shown to than I think it would be too much implication for people to run with that Zoro would then be > Luffy. Like I said as of now Luffy couldn't do that so if Zoro does without us seeing Luffy also do it it'd feel weird to me.

Reactions: Passerby

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
??

I didn't say it was weird to elaborate on it I said it's weird, for me, to do it in a couple panels at a time spaced out throughout many chapters. It would have been nice to get more of a convo after Momo brought 'snatch' back up instead of just a casual reference.
Post automatically merged:

Before...maybe, maybe not but if only he's shown to than I think it would be too much implication for people to run with that Zoro would then be > Luffy. Like I said as of now Luffy couldn't do that so if Zoro does without us seeing Luffy also do it it'd feel weird to me.
OH you know I was gonna reply something completely different to you; that post was to Caliburn and I didn’t realize yours was still selected.

What I was gonna say is that since the Ryou technique of Haki destroys from the inside out, that’s probably how Oda can write Zoro being able to cut BM without making him rank above Luffy: Luffy will just use Ryou to hurt her from the inside, bypassing the super durable skin

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Then which series have you been following exactly? This chapter alone has been hammering steadily on this connection and this is not the first time during this arc. In fact you can trace it all the way back to the Thriller Bark arc where Zoro fought Ryuuma and obtained his sword. A sword that has been shown being an element of importance to the development of the current plot, something that was already hinted at during the Punk Hazard arc when Kinemon lost it when he saw Zoro wielding Shuusui. The fact that Ryuuma is a recycled character from an earlier story of Oda that served as Zoro's prototype, only gives this an even deeper dimension. Yes, this was 'out of the current story', but it establishes a connection nonetheless. In particular because he build an entire arc around it that was hyped for years and not merely used Ryuuma's character as a one-time easter egg.

Now I don't know how far the anime currently is as I haven't seen it in a while, but in the end the anime just follows the manga and I know several of the things I just explained already happened.

Lastly Oda said this in vol 92's SBS:

D: In Ch. 909, was the carpenter boss that appeared in Wano the same one that was introduced in the Volume 7 SBS, Minatoma-san? P.N. Yacchi

O: Yes he is!! Back then, he was fixing the broken door to the bar in Foosha Village. He was introduced as Carpenter Minatomo-san, exclaiming "Who did this!?". And now, he somehow ended up in the New World in the closed bordered country of Wano! Isn't that weird!? That's right, they actually aren't the same person! They have the same last name because they're related by blood. The fact of the matter is, a ship from Wano reached East Blue a few decades ago.

One of the descendants of someone on that ship is a person that everybody is familiar with...

This part might be featured later in the main story so I won't mention any more than that. It isn't going to be a major plot line, it will just be a minor story.

Granted, it doesn't explicitly say Zoro. But face it, of all the possible candidates Zoro is by far the most likely one.

So manga check ✔︎, anime check ✔︎and paratextual check ✔︎

Then the only question remains why you ever made this non-sensical remark in the first place as most of this isn't brand-new information? My incentive was that by now we've reached a point that the characters themselves, whether it be Zoro himself or one of the Wano citizens, should have grown some awareness, yet they seemingly pass this off as a coincidence.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Then which series have you been following exactly? This chapter alone has been hammering steadily on this connection and this is not the first time during this arc. In fact you can trace it all the way back to the Thriller Bark arc where Zoro fought Ryuuma and obtained his sword. A sword that has been shown being an element of importance to the development of the current plot, something that was already hinted at during the Punk Hazard arc when Kinemon lost it when he saw Zoro wielding Shuusui. The fact that Ryuuma is a recycled character from an earlier story of Oda that served as Zoro's prototype, only gives this an even deeper dimension. Yes, this was 'out of the current story', but it establishes a connection nonetheless. In particular because he build an entire arc around it that was hyped for years and not merely used Ryuuma's character as a one-time easter egg.

Now I don't know how far the anime currently is as I haven't seen it in a while, but in the end the anime just follows the manga and I know several of the things I just explained already happened.

Lastly Oda said this in vol 92's SBS:

D: In Ch. 909, was the carpenter boss that appeared in Wano the same one that was introduced in the Volume 7 SBS, Minatoma-san? P.N. Yacchi

O: Yes he is!! Back then, he was fixing the broken door to the bar in Foosha Village. He was introduced as Carpenter Minatomo-san, exclaiming "Who did this!?". And now, he somehow ended up in the New World in the closed bordered country of Wano! Isn't that weird!? That's right, they actually aren't the same person! They have the same last name because they're related by blood. The fact of the matter is, a ship from Wano reached East Blue a few decades ago.

One of the descendants of someone on that ship is a person that everybody is familiar with...

This part might be featured later in the main story so I won't mention any more than that. It isn't going to be a major plot line, it will just be a minor story.

Granted, it doesn't explicitly say Zoro. But face it, of all the possible candidates Zoro is by far the most likely one.

So manga check ✔︎, anime check ✔︎and paratextual check ✔︎

Then the only question remains why you ever made this non-sensical remark in the first place as most of this isn't brand-new information? My incentive was that by now we've reached a point that the characters themselves, whether it be Zoro himself or one of the Wano citizens, should have grown some awareness, yes they seemingly pass this off as a coincidence.
Man WHAT? The only connection between Zoro and Wano is that Zoro has Ryuma’s sword. And please don’t bring up that “Ryuma looks like Zoro” thing when YOU yourself shit on someone else’s theory that Zoro was related to Ryuma when they used that same reasoning by saying it was just Oda recycling an old character design. Pick one, Caliburn.

Why are you saying that Minamoto is a connection between Zoro and Wano when Zoro has NOTHING to do with him? The character was invented in the SBS as a gag to explain a visual inconsistency when Higuna kicked down the door to the bar when he had a confrontation with Shanks. Zoro and Minamoto have absolutely no relation drawn between them in any portion of the story; hell, it’s more likely for Shanks to be that character than Zoro considering that Shanks was actually involved in the paratext that created Minamoto.

As I said at the start, the only connection Zoro has to Wano is that he has Shisui, something that HAS been addressed over and over in this arc, so again I have to ask: what the hell are you talking about lmao

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
OH you know I was gonna reply something completely different to you; that post was to Caliburn and I didn’t realize yours was still selected.

What I was gonna say is that since the Ryou technique of Haki destroys from the inside out, that’s probably how Oda can write Zoro being able to cut BM without making him rank above Luffy: Luffy will just use Ryou to hurt her from the inside, bypassing the super durable skin
Gotchya, I realized after I hit send I may not have been replying about the right thing lol. That's probably what will happen and that's cool for me I just wouldn't want Zoro to show damaging BM without Luffy also showing ability to you know what I mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.