Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It was a pretty big debate during WCI. Most argued Luffy would beat BM in that arc, some of us argued he wouldn’t and the story was gonna lead BM to intersect with Kaido.

I personally theorized they would link due to a lot of thematic and visual similarities between them and that Caesar and the SHs would ultimately be the linchpins.
I don't really think that's fair. The context of that discussion would have been vastly different. We've know for a long time now that Luffy didn't beat BM during that arc and the moment she had her den den mushi call with Kaidou, it was almost a given they would meet up. So when BM eventually popped up in Wano, it was a matter of chapters when they would come face to face.

So I find it a bit misplaced to emphasis on that discussion while I sincerely doubt there were even any people left who believed the opposite
:nero:

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
I don't really think that's fair. The context of that discussion would have been vastly different. We've know for a long time now that Luffy didn't beat BM during that arc and the moment she had her den den mushi call with Kaidou, it was almost a given they would meet up. So when BM eventually popped up in Wano, it was a matter of chapters when they would come face to face.

So I find it a bit misplaced to emphasis on that discussion while I sincerely doubt there were even any people left who believed the opposite
:nero:
That discussion took place months before WCI ended, during the build up for the arc’s climax.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Well, that's what I just said. The context was vastly different back then and not really comparable with the present. So I find it quite unnecessary to bring this up again.
Uh no, it's not. And I really shouldn't have to explain why I'm posting "Everybody who told me I was wrong when I said Kaido and BM will end up clashing were the actually wrong ones" in a discussion post about the chapter where Big Mom and Kaido clashed. The "The context was vastly different back then and not really comparable with the present" part especially is confusing cause it just sounds like you're stringing words together with no meaning, especially since I've pointed out that this was a theory made long before Kaido and BM had any interaction in the series. It was a theory made from noticing thematic and aesthetic elements that Kaido and Linlin shared, and also narrative elements that were clearly meant to unite them that I noticed before it was made explicit in the manga by their phone call. People were telling me those elements meant nothing, and this chapter ultimately proved them wrong. So, they can open wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.