2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Partner"

One Piece Manga Chapter 944 Discussion and 945 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 944 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 945

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Top 5 Wano chapter. I doubt we have more than 5 more chapters in this act.

Top chapters so far:
10) 936

9) 937
8) 939
7) 943
6) 912
5) 922
4) 944
3) 931
2) 925

1) 923

Been waiting for more on Killer since Zou ended. He interest me because he's the vice cap (not confirmed) and was able to form that alliance while his Captain is the loose captain. Plus how he was a firecracker when first introduced. I like those kind of balanced characters. Now we get some info on him via Kid and motive behind his actions in this twist. Also the only other non captain Supernova.

Kyoshiro comes off as insincere again to me. Calling himself the Shogun's dog. Something is off. I love how the whole crew was unsurprisingly ready for action.
Drake looks pissed.
Law might secretly rescue his crew in this madness. I think that was the first 720 pound cannon because 360 is 1 sword and 1080 is 3 swords. Makes sense with there being 2.

Now Zoro is starting to do what I thought. He's on his own vendetta, outside of the mission and has something against Orochi. No Kinemon, Inu and Asura Doji in this chapter, so they will make their move soon because they have to still be around.
I wonder how Kaido feels while watching this.

Linlin, Kawamatsu, Kiku, Chopper, Hyo, Luffy, Raizo, Caribou, etc vs Queen and his SMILE users. This will be cool to see how Queen survives this. Of course Kid, Kawamatsu, Luffy and others will have to lose their restraints first.

Last edited:

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Amazing chapter.

Oda's forgetting the loop hole of Luffy's powers in this ring restriction I think. The rule is set foot outside it explodes not cross the line and it explodes. Luffy could extend out of the ring if he wanted/needed which means he should/could be able to either kick over the water bucket or grab that weight and lift them out or something besides just watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhistleBlower

HashiraMadara

Elite
Kin
121💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
10/10 chapter!

* Kamazo is Killer and Kidd sacrificed his escape for his friend!

* Thank God Big Mom came in, I was in no mood for Queen vs handicapped Luffy(boring AF)

* Zoro being a badass as usual, Kyoshiro seems to know something about Zoro

* Killer ate Smile :t-t:

* Lmao Sanji treated Drake like he was nothing

* Strawhats running loose. I was so ready for Nami using Zeus

* When the hell is Kawamatsu making a move and where the hell is Law

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That killer twist was crazy. Just so I'm clear Killer's from Wano right, because he had had that mask to hide his "laugh" a while ago but it kind of sounded like Kidd was implying he was given a SMILE after they were captured. Did he eat SMILE and that's why he hated the laugh because it wasn't always a laugh or was he forced to eat a SMILE after being captured?

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That killer twist was crazy. Just so I'm clear Killer's from Wano right, because he had had that mask to hide his "laugh" a while ago but it kind of sounded like Kidd was implying he was given a SMILE after they were captured. Did he eat SMILE and that's why he hated the laugh because it wasn't always a laugh or was he forced to eat a SMILE after being captured?
He probably ate the SMILE after he got captured.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He probably ate the SMILE after he got captured.
That's kind of what I was thinking the way Kid said what do they do to make a man change so much but then when he said you hated people making fun of that laugh so you put on a helmet makes me think he's dealt with the laugh for longer than just now.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That's kind of what I was thinking the way Kid said what do they do to make a man change so much but then when he said you hated people making fun of that laugh so you put on a helmet makes me think he's dealt with the laugh for longer than just now.
Kamazou think was completely took me by shook. Few weeks back people were saying he was denjiro.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kamazou think was completely took me by shook. Few weeks back people were saying he was denjiro.
I know, I read a little out of order so I started seeing Kids words and was like yoooo what if it's killer then saw the part about the mask :eek:. Looking back there was a big clue, the weapon. I rechecked the wiki page and the blades Kamazou used are just like Killers but with handles. Not seeing a beard tuft threw it off a bit too.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The past few chapters were truly amazing.

The Killer-twist caught me completely off guard. It baffles me with how little Oda can give a character more depth and feel empathy for them. It also places his bout with Zoro in a different perspective. I'm mostly wondering though what Oda is going to do with Kyoshiro? He seems to be one of the most powerful opposing characters other than Kaidou and the Three Calamities, but he's a complete enigma. Seriously curious about what drives him.

So, considering Orochi was able to make his getaway there isn't any reason left for the Strawhats to keeping hanging around in the capital. Zoro will have a short skirmish with Kyoshiro, but soon all of them will ditch and run to not make Yasuie's sacrifice in vain. The captured samurai will be released because they will be deemed innocent after Yasuie's performance.

At the same time a first climax will be reached at the prison, which will eventually lead to the escape of most of the prisoners who will form the bulk of Momo's forces. They will then be armed by the weapons Zoro took from Gyukimaru, which he beat after escaping the capital.

This is the scenario, in a broad perspective,I'm somewhat expecting for the next coming chapters.

Amazing chapter.

Oda's forgetting the loop hole of Luffy's powers in this ring restriction I think. The rule is set foot outside it explodes not cross the line and it explodes. Luffy could extend out of the ring if he wanted/needed which means he should/could be able to either kick over the water bucket or grab that weight and lift them out or something besides just watch.
I think the trigger is simply that when the collar leaves set boundaries, it will explode. I wouldn't consider it a loophole that Luffy can reach outside of that boundary with some of his limbs due to his powers. What's he going to do with it exactly that could somehow save him from this predicament indefinitely? Not to mention it could also be used against him by pulling him out of the ring.

So far Luffy treated his situation as a sparring-opportunity, but with Big Mom arriving and Killer's & Kidd's execution, he doesn't really have the liberty to take things so casual. It has been predicted before, but we know Rayleigh knows a trick to undo such collar's. The chance that Luffy will use it in the end are rather high and it would have the additional bonus of having Kidd and Luffy teaming up.

I know, I read a little out of order so I started seeing Kids words and was like yoooo what if it's killer then saw the part about the mask :eek:. Looking back there was a big clue, the weapon. I rechecked the wiki page and the blades Kamazou used are just like Killers but with handles. Not seeing a beard tuft threw it off a bit too.
In hindsight it's always easy to spot 'supposed' hints, but that only makes sense when you possess the information that Kamazou is Killer. If you don't go with that assumption, there wasn't anything that objectively tied him to Killer. Those blades weren't something characteristically unique to him as, for example, Cariboo also used a scythe with similar blades once. In fact Kamazou blended in so perfectly with the scenery of Wano I didn't even think there was any need to consider him being someone else, which is exactly what makes this revelation so awesome.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The past few chapters were truly amazing.

The Killer-twist caught me completely off guard. It baffles me with how little Oda can give a character more depth and feel empathy for them. It also places his bout with Zoro in a different perspective. I'm mostly wondering though what Oda is going to do with Kyoshiro? He seems to be one of the most powerful opposing characters other than Kaidou and the Three Calamities, but he's a complete enigma. Seriously curious about what drives him.

So, considering Orochi was able to make his getaway there isn't any reason left for the Strawhats to keeping hanging around in the capital. Zoro will have a short skirmish with Kyoshiro, but soon all of them will ditch and run to not make Yasuie's sacrifice in vain. The captured samurai will be released because they will be deemed innocent after Yasuie's performance.

At the same time a first climax will be reached at the prison, which will eventually lead to the escape of most of the prisoners who will form the bulk of Momo's forces. They will then be armed by the weapons Zoro took from Gyukimaru, which he beat after escaping the capital.

This is the scenario, in a broad perspective,I'm somewhat expecting for the next coming chapters.

I think the trigger is simply that when the collar leaves set boundaries, it will explode. I wouldn't consider it a loophole that Luffy can reach outside of that boundary with some of his limbs due to his powers. What's he going to do with it exactly that could somehow save him from this predicament indefinitely? Not to mention it could also be used against him by pulling him out of the ring.

So far Luffy treated his situation as a sparring-opportunity, but with Big Mom arriving and Killer's & Kidd's execution, he doesn't really have the liberty to take things so casual. It has been predicted before, but we know Rayleigh knows a trick to undo such collar's. The chance that Luffy will use it in the end are rather high and it would have the additional bonus of having Kidd and Luffy teaming up.

In hindsight it's always easy to spot 'supposed' hints, but that only makes sense when you possess the information that Kamazou is Killer. If you don't go with that assumption, there wasn't anything that objectively tied him to Killer. Those blades weren't something characteristically unique to him as, for example, Cariboo also used a scythe with similar blades once. In fact Kamazou blended in so perfectly with the scenery of Wano I didn't even think there was any need to consider him being someone else, which is exactly what makes this revelation so awesome.
I'll have to double check when official translations come out but this chapter Queen said if you set foot outside the ring so that's what I was basing it off of also it'd still need to be the sensor that goes over and that's not on Luffy's arms or legs.

@b1 I was talking about him helping Kid and Killer not being able to help him self with it. But if he can knock Kid and Killer out of the water he doesn't need to worry about them dying because he's staying alive.

And you have a good point he could get grabbed and pulled out but he could also resist those weaker guys pulling him and he has help in the prison and he has mc shield to a degree. This would be a good time for Luffy to learn how to use haki like Rayleigh did in Sabaody.

@b2 Which is why I said 'looking back' I didn't say I always knew it was him or anything. I admit only with hindsight is it a clue but it is a clue regardless and it's not just the weapon it's the dual wielding on top of it. I agree with you and the person I agreed with originally the reveal was awesomely unexpected.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I love the moment where One Piece arcs get traction and all the build-up starts paying off. We're right at that moment now.

It's amazing that even after 25 years Oda can come up with a plot twist when everyone is waiting for a plot twist. That moment you turn the page and it's Killer's reveal your heart sinks a little. When you hear Kidd scream for his partner you feel bad for him. Why ? He is a piece of shit, but somehow you've grown to love him because he is in the same boat as Luffy and he is a respectable pirate, unlike Queen, Drake, Hawkins and every one who sold themselves out to fly under a yonkou flag.

Can't wait to see it all come crashing down. Bege was the same last arc. He was set-up as a giant turd but got an amazing redemption, and you end up cheering on a mob boss.

Next chapter we start cheering on big mom, MAMAMAMAAAAAA !

Reactions: ThatOfLegend

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I’ve notice that during this chapter, Kidd being more and more like the Whitebeard counterpart is becoming true every chapter.
Kid ran back after he escaped just to see what they did to his first mate. Willingly got captured for the sake of Killer.

Even Queen emphasized on how he and Kid are rivals.

At this point people should stop denying it and give up on the law one.

-Akuma-

Elite
Kin
958💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
65⚔️
I’ve notice that during this chapter, Kidd being more and more like the Whitebeard counterpart is becoming true every chapter.
Kid ran back after he escaped just to see what they did to his first mate. Willingly got captured for the sake of Killer.

Even Queen emphasized on how he and Kid are rivals.

At this point people should stop denying it and give up on the law one.
What? Law is still Luffy's rival and Law literally ran off to save his crewmates.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I really don't want to see Big Mom fight without her sword or homies. Her style is so dry without them. It's kind of like watching a retarded child abuse her dolls. There's the drool, flailing, lopsidedness, and even the retarded reasoning behind the beating.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I really don't want to see Big Mom fight without her sword or homies. Her style is so dry without them. It's kind of like watching a retarded child abuse her dolls. There's the drool, flailing, lopsidedness, and even the retarded reasoning behind the beating.
Maybe she goes in with a life or treat, sucks some souls out and create homies on the fly

Status
Not open for further replies.