2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Her Secret"

One Piece Manga Chapter 938 Discussion and 939 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 938 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 939

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

cryhwks

Veteran
Kin
321💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Average chapter, absolutely my least favorite of the arc, not awful, but it was to short and didn't seem like much happened.

Hyori being Kamuraski isn't a surprise, and I guarantee you she will have the time DF. AND I think through this DF Luffy will get the time he needs to get up to a level where he won't instantly get crushed by Kaido. Because even with this training he's currently undergoing I just can't see how he would stand a chance still?

For those who were saying Zoro is stronger than Luffy after he got crushed by Kaido, do you still believe that nonsense now? He passed out from one sword blow from a guy who is absolutely nowhere near Kaido's level. Yes he was blindsided, but you'd think if he was really stronger than Luffy that wouldn't make him pass out, especially after all the damage he's ever encountered throughout the series.

And clearly there is a traitor among Kin and crew's allies. It would be interesting if it was someone we know kinda well, but I doubt Oda would do that. It's probably one of those Old guys we first saw when the tattoo was first mentioned.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
A lot of people are saying meh but this was a pretty funny chapter to me because of all offhand mentions and theories that have been thrown around until this point.

It was in a thread here that someone jokingly referred to the Smiling Big Head Guy(I'm not good with names) as Raizo's cousin, and now it turns out that Smiling Big Head Guy may have some relations to the other big heads.

It was everywhere that people kept saying the Thot is truly dead and they'd wish for others to stop insisting that she was Momo's sister or that she's alive, and it turns out she's both.

It was in a thread here that people were denying that Usopp gave Orochi's henchman that killed the thot a card, and now here's more proof that he may have gotten the card.

And it was my thoughts that Orochi's Henchman is working against Orochi, and now here he is preemptively defending his action before even being accused.

For those who were saying Zoro is stronger than Luffy after he got crushed by Kaido, do you still believe that nonsense now? He passed out from one sword blow from a guy who is absolutely nowhere near Kaido's level. Yes he was blindsided, but you'd think if he was really stronger than Luffy that wouldn't make him pass out, especially after all the damage he's ever encountered throughout the series..
He was clearly poisoned.

Reactions: Lord Orange

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A lot of people are saying meh but this was a pretty funny chapter to me because of all offhand mentions and theories that have been thrown around until this point.

It was in a thread here that someone jokingly referred to the Smiling Big Head Guy(I'm not good with names) as Raizo's cousin, and now it turns out that Smiling Big Head Guy may have some relations to the other big heads.

It was everywhere that people kept saying the Thot is truly dead and they'd wish for others to stop insisting that she was Momo's sister or that she's alive, and it turns out she's both.

It was in a thread here that people were denying that Usopp gave Orochi's henchman that killed the thot a card, and now here's more proof that he may have gotten the card.

And it was my thoughts that Orochi's Henchman is working against Orochi, and now here he is preemptively defending his action before even being accused.

He was clearly poisoned.
I was actually thinking he was passing out of hunger
You must be registered to see images

You see before he passes out it says grrrrmbbb made me think of grumble like an empty stomach does and wasn't he asking for food when he met that smiling thief guy?

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I was actually thinking he was passing out of hunger
You must be registered to see images

You see before he passes out it says grrrrmbbb made me think of grumble like an empty stomach does and wasn't he asking for food when he met that smiling thief guy?
You have a point. Besides, I don't think the bandit hit Zoro once and the girls never mentioned anything for poison, so it may not be poison. Maybe it was actually the injury.. The Bandit grinned & turned his back before Zoro even showed signs of falling with the grumbling.

Olorin

Legendary
Kin
268💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think Wano has so far donw what it wanted to very convincingly. Oda brilliantly pulled off conditions in occupied territory (Europe in ww2 for example) of which large parts were passing out leaflets, secret meetings, secret radio broadcasts in all facets of otherwise mundane daily life... all under constant threat of the occupiers, with equivalents of secret police, traitors, arrests, ... a true beginnings of a resistance. I think Oda wrote it extremely well

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
^ that makes one ponder will it really heal zoro instantly lol , usopp is a great liar

- Also, I feel robbed that Zoro fainted after that attack. He has taken far worse in the past without fainting, hasn't he?
Did he get soft because of his lack of challenges in the New World? Unused to pain? Was it the poisoned food? Poisoned water? That was what affected his stamina?
Or was Orochi's assassin that strong to deal serious damage to Zoro? Not even Mihawk or Daz Bones had that effect, but to be sure Orochi's assassin may be stronger than Daz and Mihawk probably tried not to kill Zoro / softened the blow.
However, I do have to give him props for managing to defend the girls against the assassin. Last time he was faced with such a challenge, Monet managed to almost decapitate Nami and puncture Robin before Zoro could intervene.

- I want a Law + Sanji team up to rescue the Heart Pirates. And then they face Drake and Hawkins. Make it happen, Oda!
- Take this with a grain of salt lol but what if the Rat musketeer is the snitch? He is a rat after all, pun intended . Regardless I hope this traitor plot goes somewhere shocking tbh.

Best parts of the chapter
- Law getting upset that his crew was captured and ticked when Shinobu said 'dispose of them'. oooooooooh!
Zoro was not there to hear that Momo & his few scabbards/crew time traveled. Gotta be surprising. Maybe we will see her flashback now?
- O-toko robbed Usopp rofl
- Sanjis' face when Nami is done rofl

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
^ that makes one ponder will it really heal zoro instantly lol , usopp is a great liar

- Also, I feel robbed that Zoro fainted after that attack. He has taken far worse in the past without fainting, hasn't he?
Did he get soft because of his lack of challenges in the New World? Unused to pain? Was it the poisoned food? Poisoned water? That was what affected his stamina?
Or was Orochi's assassin that strong to deal serious damage to Zoro? Not even Mihawk or Daz Bones had that effect, but to be sure Orochi's assassin may be stronger than Daz and Mihawk probably tried not to kill Zoro / softened the blow.
However, I do have to give him props for managing to defend the girls against the assassin. Last time he was faced with such a challenge, Monet managed to almost decapitate Nami and puncture Robin before Zoro could intervene.

- I want a Law + Sanji team up to rescue the Heart Pirates. And then they face Drake and Hawkins. Make it happen, Oda!
- Take this with a grain of salt lol but what if the Rat musketeer is the snitch? He is a rat after all, pun intended . Regardless I hope this traitor plot goes somewhere shocking tbh.

Best parts of the chapter
- Law getting upset that his crew was captured and ticked when Shinobu said 'dispose of them'. oooooooooh!
Zoro was not there to hear that Momo & his few scabbards/crew time traveled. Gotta be surprising. Maybe we will see her flashback now?
- O-toko robbed Usopp rofl
- Sanjis' face when Nami is done rofl
Zoro passing out to pain makes no sense. Unless someone can present an argument to show the damage from that one attack was greater than the accumulated damge of Luffy at Thriller Bark then there has to have been something else at play.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Chapter was average i guess like komorasaki and hiyori reveal was known to all .

What is interesting what is exactly kyoshiro upto ? Is he really on good side as it makes out.

This hiyori thing is just not convincing me man just look at all those panels she is def planning up something big thing.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Chapter was average i guess like komorasaki and hiyori reveal was known to all .

What is interesting what is exactly kyoshiro upto ? Is he really on good side as it makes out.

This hiyori thing is just not convincing me man just look at all those panels she is def planning up something big thing.
Honestly I'm more inclined to believe all of this was borderline improvised.

Originally I didn't know how I had to feel about Kyoshiro as it's hard to get a read on him. At this point though I think he is neither for nor against either the Kozuki nor the Orochi-faction. It has been shown before he values familial bonds quite a lot, so whatever he did was mostly for Hiyori's sake.

The entire killing of Komurasaki felt staged from the beginning, yet if that was a well thought out elaborate scheme, how come the next thing we see is a fleeing Komurasaki without anyone to protect her? Face it, if it wasn't for Zoro, she would have truly died.

My current perception is that Kyoshiro somehow got his hands on one of the cryptograms and notified Hiyori (or the other way around), which made Hiyori wanting to search for her brother. Because she was considered 'family' by Kyoshiro, he decided to help her by staging her death. But from then on she was on her own. This is also in line with Kyoshiro mentioning this chapter that he suffered the greatest loss of all. I mean he had control over Wano's #1 idol, which certainly provided a lot of benefits for him (money, influence, intelligence information). Not only has he lost all of that, his relationship with Orochi definitely is a bit strained at the moment.

So when the time comes, I really wouldn't put my money on him supporting the Kozuki-faction just like that. In fact he already once said he would have loved to fight the likes of Kinemon. Not because he seems to hate them, but purely out of interest and I think that's also how he's going to behave during the remainder of this arc.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Honestly I'm more inclined to believe all of this was borderline improvised.

Originally I didn't know how I had to feel about Kyoshiro as it's hard to get a read on him. At this point though I think he is neither for nor against either the Kozuki nor the Orochi-faction. It has been shown before he values familial bonds quite a lot, so whatever he did was mostly for Hiyori's sake.

The entire killing of Komurasaki felt staged from the beginning, yet if that was a well thought out elaborate scheme, how come the next thing we see is a fleeing Komurasaki without anyone to protect her? Face it, if it wasn't for Zoro, she would have truly died.

My current perception is that Kyoshiro somehow got his hands on one of the cryptograms and notified Hiyori (or the other way around), which made Hiyori wanting to search for her brother. Because she was considered 'family' by Kyoshiro, he decided to help her by staging her death. But from then on she was on her own. This is also in line with Kyoshiro mentioning this chapter that he suffered the greatest loss of all. I mean he had control over Wano's #1 idol, which certainly provided a lot of benefits for him (money, influence, intelligence information). Not only has he lost all of that, his relationship with Orochi definitely is a bit strained at the moment.

So when the time comes, I really wouldn't put my money on him supporting the Kozuki-faction just like that. In fact he already once said he would have loved to fight the likes of Kinemon. Not because he seems to hate them, but purely out of interest and I think that's also how he's going to behave during the remainder of this arc.
This is interesting from your thoughts i can conclude kyoshiro has ethics and honor he maintains . He protected hiyori because she was part of the family here.

However i do like to see why kyoshiro is doing all this just to balance things up or he really hates shogun .

Albiet i am still yet to understand hiyori plot device means to kyoshiro.

I dont think kyoshiro is good guy he is playing something. I def think his aim is to become shogun.

Status
Not open for further replies.