Veteran
Kin
347💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This chapter was crazy lit.

We got everything in this chapter from fights, new character reveals, and Kaido.

Kaido just showing up like that and in a dragon form no less suprised me. I think we all knew nothing was going to go according to plan but wow that was fast. Kaido probably saw and hears over everything in Wano with that Dragon-Shenlong form.

10/10 chapter

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was just searching about Dragons in Japanese folklore n found that Dragons in Japan are related to water in some form. Maybe that is the reason why Kaido can't drown himself. U can read the stories in the link given below:

Hey guys did any of your notice that kaidu and momsuke has,same devil fruit.
And momsuke devil fruit was man made and the creator was vengapunk.so I guess both have the same power.
Both can fly,create some form of Clouds, and both have exactly same Dragon.
I think Ceasar or Vegapunk was trying to create Dragon Zoan to counter Kaido.

Reactions: Michelle

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The panel of Kaidou as a dragon is one of the best Oda ever drew and that says a lot, I love it! This also delivers a heavy blow to the Dragon = dragon theory.

Poor Kinemon, hasn't seen his wife in over 20 years, but it's peculiar that his wive's name is O-Tsuru. There' a female marine going by that name and she's quite old, but how could a marine of all things be married to a samurai? And who would Kiku have ever been able to meet her while she shouldn't have left Wano? Makes little sense that they are the same person.

And as speculated Onigashima is part of Wano and in close proximity. This chapter also explains something I've been wondering about for ages: how is it that Wano accepts Kaidou? But it makes sense when you take into account he can transform into a dragon. From Kinemon we know that their knowledge/perception of DF is limited/different and dragons hold an important place in many Eastern religions. So I can imagine if they met a man who could transform into a huge dragon, that they started to adore him as a god.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
The panel of Kaidou as a dragon is one of the best Oda ever drew and that says a lot, I love it! This also delivers a heavy blow to the Dragon = dragon theory.

Poor Kinemon, hasn't seen his wife in over 20 years, but it's peculiar that his wive's name is O-Tsuru. There' a female marine going by that name and she's quite old, but how could a marine of all things be married to a samurai? And who would Kiku have ever been able to meet her while she shouldn't have left Wano? Makes little sense that they are the same person.

And as speculated Onigashima is part of Wano and in close proximity. This chapter also explains something I've been wondering about for ages: how is it that Wano accepts Kaidou? But it makes sense when you take into account he can transform into a dragon. From Kinemon we know that their knowledge/perception of DF is limited/different and dragons hold an important place in many Eastern religions. So I can imagine if they met a man who could transform into a huge dragon, that they started to adore him as a god.
Kinemon's wife is this .

The Marine is named Tsuru(as opposed to Kinemon's wife, who is O-Tsuru). I believe she's only referred to as "O-Tsuru" by Doflamingo(O-Tsuru-chan), which might be a type of honorific. It's possible that, since Doffy is connected to Kaido and has deep knowledge, it could be a reference to Kinemon's O-Tsuru, hinting at a possible connection between them.

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This is the best chapter I have read in a while. Enjoyed every bit of it. A mix of humour, thrill, suspense & revelations. Kaidou looks awesome in his Dragon Form. Now was he a Dragon that transforms into a Human or a Human that transforms into a Dragon?. That would be interesting to know his backstory. Ever since Kaidou's introduction into the manga.... I never felt that he is a human.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Great chapter, I'm a bit conflicted on a number of things though.

1) The biggest surprise to me in this chapter wasn't Kaidou's DF reveal. It was Shutenmaru slicing Jack up. I've been reading OP for a looong time and I know better then to not judge someone on his design by now. But that was a Holy Shit ! moment for me. He gave of some celestial dragon vibe. Also his bull is badass as fuck, move over Ucy.

2) I wish Oda did the Kaidou reveal a bit different. When reading you can't help to already see the picture before you read the text. When flipping to the last page you already saw the design and knew it was Kaidou before you had the chance to read the text. I would've liked it better if the design was put on a double page and the text on the page before, like the voice coming from the heavens. That design also deserves 2 full pages.

And lastly my biggest gripe is with their stupid plan. I already talked about this last week. How can they just merrily sail to Wano after Big Mom just beat them up. It's not even that they sailed to Wano it was more of an escape to Wano. They haven't learned anything of Pedro's death. Look at this plan. If you replace tea party with alcohol party and bege with Kinemon we're back at the start again. Sanji even said "They'll be drunk and making fools of themselves. We will swoop in and take them all". What is this stupid confidence ? After the last encounter the last thing you want is a collision with a yonkou crew.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is the best chapter I have read in a while. Enjoyed every bit of it. A mix of humour, thrill, suspense & revelations. Kaidou looks awesome in his Dragon Form. Now was he a Dragon that transforms into a Human or a Human that transforms into a Dragon?. That would be interesting to know his backstory. Ever since Kaidou's introduction into the manga.... I never felt that he is a human.
I was gonna make that thread yesterday but dropped it. We've seen a human fruit but only one model while we've seen multiple models of other animals so why not people? Could Kaidou be a Dragon who has eaten a human fruit model giant?

1) The biggest surprise to me in this chapter wasn't Kaidou's DF reveal. It was Shutenmaru slicing Jack up. I've been reading OP for a looong time and I know better then to not judge someone on his design by now. But that was a Holy Shit ! moment for me. He gave of some celestial dragon vibe. Also his bull is badass as fuck, move over Ucy.

2) I wish Oda did the Kaidou reveal a bit different. When reading you can't help to already see the picture before you read the text. When flipping to the last page you already saw the design and knew it was Kaidou before you had the chance to read the text. I would've liked it better if the design was put on a double page and the text on the page before, like the voice coming from the heavens. That design also deserves 2 full pages.

And lastly my biggest gripe is with their stupid plan. I already talked about this last week. How can they just merrily sail to Wano after Big Mom just beat them up. It's not even that they sailed to Wano it was more of an escape to Wano. They haven't learned anything of Pedro's death. Look at this plan. If you replace tea party with alcohol party and bege with Kinemon we're back at the start again. Sanji even said "They'll be drunk and making fools of themselves. We will swoop in and take them all". What is this stupid confidence ? After the last encounter the last thing you want is a collision with a yonkou crew.
Shuntenmaru is Ashura Doji and was one of the silhouettes of the three they were looking for

Last edited by a moderator:

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Only now you realize that your boy is stupid? Did you skip WCI?

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Only now you realize that your boy is stupid? Did you skip WCI?
The only stupid one here is you because as usual you're missing the point trying to take a stab at me. Also Sanji is not my 'boy', as opposed to you fictional characters don't get me worked up so much to the point where I turn into a salty stalker.

There are like 15 people involved in this plan and none of them are wondering if this is a good idea after failing spectacularly trying to execute an almost identical plan the day before with another yonkou that is still out to kill them.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oh yeah forgot him. So I wonder is Kaidou a man who ate a dragon fruit or a dragon who ate a man fruit? Probably the former. Also if he has a df and wants to die or wants to die in general why hasn't he drowned himself?
I think his willing to die act is just theatrics knowing that he doesn't die anyway. Like how changes his mood when he drink from a sad drunk to an angry drunk he probably also is a suicidal drunk looking for attention. Even his introduction said it was a flashy death by jumping off a sky island.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
what about starvation? do you think he could go years without eating like green bull?
What I understand so far looking into Kaido's personality is that the guy is suffering from some sort of Depression. That could also explain the suicidal tendencies of his like jumping from that Sky island.
During Depression some people eats n drinks a lot which is possible reason why he didn't tried to starve himself.
And let's not forget that they are Pirates who are always in semi drunk form.

palmer

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
phew.. been soooooooo long have been here.
well wano arch is going well and exciting too, hope it continues.... (? reviere)

And lastly my biggest gripe is with their stupid plan. I already talked about this last week. How can they just merrily sail to Wano after Big Mom just beat them up. It's not even that they sailed to Wano it was more of an escape to Wano. They haven't learned anything of Pedro's death. Look at this plan. If you replace tea party with alcohol party and bege with Kinemon we're back at the start again. Sanji even said "They'll be drunk and making fools of themselves. We will swoop in and take them all". What is this stupid confidence ? After the last encounter the last thing you want is a collision with a yonkou crew.[/QUOTE]

THIS^^^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.