2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"The Red-Haired Pirates - An Emperor's Crew"

One Piece Manga Chapter 1079 Discussion and 1080 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 1079 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 1080

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Did Dory and Broggy the giants from 20 years ago just kill off Kidd with their goldfish finishing move ?

I wouldn't mind for Kidd to be actually dead, but I also know this is One Piece, so that chance is 2% But if he is really dead it would be such testament of power and a warning to the newer generation that the old power isn't going to give up their spot without a big battle.

Kidd's role was kinda done anyway in the story and he now served his purpose to hand Shanks a large piece of the Pirate King puzzel. We know he wouldn't bow before Shanks to be spared from his previous encounter with Kaido. And his dream was to have a seat at the yonkou table. But if you get humbled like this at this stage in the story, I fear Oda might have just used him to set an example.

Jokey

Supreme
Kin
113💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Still crazy to me there were people that actually thought Kidd would stand a chance against Shanks. I’m glad this happened to Kidd tho, I doubt Oda would “end” two major characters back to back in the story like that so Law might actually make it out alive against BB.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So the big question, in my eyes at least, is; is this a pump fake?
You must be registered to see images

Looks a bit like Laws hat and sword sitting at the front of Teach's "ship"

Did Law and Kidd really both just get murked the arc right after Wano and in the same chapter?

Or is this possibly a pump fake and Law actually managed to beat Teach and steal his ship? The latter seems unlikely tbh.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This chapter confirmed that Shanks is legit one of the strongest if not The strongest Yonko in OPverse. He one shotted not one but 2 supernovas with a single attack. This also made me realise how strong Oden was who survived the same attack from point blank range from Roger.
No doubt Kaido put him(Shanks n Oden) in his Top 5 & ranked him higher then Linlin.
Coming to the chapter the Egghead part was meh.
York ambitions are kinda bad. It seems she is some sort of master manipulator who has planned everything. Which doesn't add up as Seraphims orders can be override by Real Vegapunk who at most part of this arc was happily running around the island thinking he was free from WG.
Secondly BB ships moving to Egghead means Caribou was definitely BB informant. He gave away there location n they have come to pick him up. This begs the question is Caribou 10th Titanic Captain of BB pirates? As it makes no sense for BB pirates to show up on Egghead island as they already got what they need by attacking Heart pirates n BM remnants.
I will rate it 4.5/5 chapter.

Kidd's role was kinda done anyway in the story and he now served his purpose to hand Shanks a large piece of the Pirate King puzzel. We know he wouldn't bow before Shanks to be spared from his previous encounter with Kaido. And his dream was to have a seat at the yonkou table. But if you get humbled like this at this stage in the story, I fear Oda might have just used him to set an example.
None of the Supernovas were supposed to last this longer. Post Wano it's apparent that Oda has started to get rid of them as seen with Hawkins n Drake. And now it has come to Law n Kid.

Also Shanks started to seek One Piece only after Luffy awakened his GGnM begs the question what Roger said to Shanks which made him cry?

Did he knew GGnM was Sun god Nika model which is needed to restore balance in OPverse or something else.
Besides he doesn't even need Poneglyphs to reach Laugh Tale. He simply need to call Rayleigh n ask him for directions lol.

It's obvious that he's eliminating Luffy's competition acting lyk a gatekeeper.
He gave an ultimatum to Kid that he can surrender his poneglyphs n leave And went to Wano to keep a check on BB pirates. It seems he wants Luffy to reach Laugh Tale before someone else(especially BB).

So the big question, in my eyes at least, is; is this a pump fake?

Looks a bit like Laws hat and sword sitting at the front of Teach's "ship"

Did Law and Kidd really both just get murked the arc right after Wano and in the same chapter?

Or is this possibly a pump fake and Law actually managed to beat Teach and steal his ship? The latter seems unlikely tbh.
The flag of Edward Teech(real Blackbeard) is believed to be a skeleton piercing a heart.

BB is 'D' <Devil incarnation> n heart symbolises Heart Pirates. So Oda prolly took the inspiration from this flag to write down the Law-BB encounter. [Found this Theory on Internet]

We all knew Kid was gonna get packed if Oda was going for full Shanks Vs Kid. However nobody expected that he will get one shot after Wano. That's 3B bounty guy + Killer (whose most prolly carry 1B bounty) loosing so easily.
No doubt Aramaki was so scared of Shanks n ran away. This guy is ruthless lol.

Jokey

Supreme
Kin
113💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This chapter confirmed that Shanks is legit one of the strongest if not The strongest Yonko in OPverse. He one shotted not one but 2 supernovas with a single attack. This also made me realise how strong Oden was who survived the same attack from point blank range from Roger.
No doubt Kaido put him(Shanks n Oden) in his Top 5 & ranked him higher then Linlin.
Coming to the chapter the Egghead part was meh.
York ambitions are kinda bad. It seems she is some sort of master manipulator who has planned everything. Which doesn't add up as Seraphims orders can be override by Real Vegapunk who at most part of this arc was happily running around the island thinking he was free from WG.
Secondly BB ships moving to Egghead means Caribou was definitely BB informant. He gave away there location n they have come to pick him up. This begs the question is Caribou 10th Titanic Captain of BB pirates? As it makes no sense for BB pirates to show up on Egghead island as they already got what they need by attacking Heart pirates n BM remnants.
I will rate it 4.5/5 chapter.

None of the Supernovas were supposed to last this longer. Post Wano it's apparent that Oda has started to get rid of them as seen with Hawkins n Drake. And now it has come to Law n Kid.

Also Shanks started to seek One Piece only after Luffy awakened his GGnM begs the question what Roger said to Shanks which made him cry?

Did he knew GGnM was Sun god Nika model which is needed to restore balance in OPverse or something else.
Besides he doesn't even need Poneglyphs to reach Laugh Tale. He simply need to call Rayleigh n ask him for directions lol.

It's obvious that he's eliminating Luffy's competition acting lyk a gatekeeper.
He gave an ultimatum to Kid that he can surrender his poneglyphs n leave And went to Wano to keep a check on BB pirates. It seems he wants Luffy to reach Laugh Tale before someone else(especially BB).

The flag of Edward Teech(real Blackbeard) is believed to be a skeleton piercing a heart.

BB is 'D' <Devil incarnation> n heart symbolises Heart Pirates. So Oda prolly took the inspiration from this flag to write down the Law-BB encounter. [Found this Theory on Internet]

We all knew Kid was gonna get packed if Oda was going for full Shanks Vs Kid. However nobody expected that he will get one shot after Wano. That's 3B bounty guy + Killer (whose most prolly carry 1B bounty) loosing so easily.
No doubt Aramaki was so scared of Shanks n ran away. This guy is ruthless lol.
I was thinking the same but isn’t egghead a little too far away from BB vs. Law? I also came across that theory on twitter. I however doubt its BB on that ship, this would be the perfect opportunity for Kuzan to appear (since egghead is facing the same fate as Ohara) and “announce” to the world he’s the 10th captain of the BB pirates? Or Kuzan simply accompanying this unknown 10th captain? I simply can’t wrap my head around why Aokiji would support any of BB’s goals.

But you never know with Oda tho, that could also be Shiryu and Laffitte on that ship, but Aokiji makes much more sense to me.

Reactions: Skull Knight

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was thinking the same but isn’t egghead a little too far away from BB vs. Law? I also came across that theory on twitter. I however doubt its BB on that ship, this would be the perfect opportunity for Kuzan to appear (since egghead is facing the same fate as Ohara) and “announce” to the world he’s the 10th captain of the BB pirates? Or Kuzan simply accompanying this unknown 10th captain? I simply can’t wrap my head around why Aokiji would support any of BB’s goals.

But you never know with Oda tho, that could also be Shiryu and Laffitte on that ship, but Aokiji makes much more sense to me.
I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure Aokiji isn't really supporting any of blackbeard's goals and he's an undercover agent for S.W.O.R.D.

Reactions: Jokey

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I also doubt BB is on that ship.
Yes Aokiji is the perfect candidate for this venture. He can stop the marines fleet by freezing the ocean. We might get a panel of him stopping Kizaru maybe [I doubt we gonna get Kizaru Vs SHs(Sanji) this early].
SHs prolly have to use Coup De burst to escape the island. Meanwhile Caribou might trade SHs Poneglyphs or some Intel to the other BB commander (who might be accompanying Aokiji).

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure Aokiji isn't really supporting any of blackbeard's goals and he's an undercover agent for S.W.O.R.D.
Aokiji is like Drake. Remember how Drake went to that island to capture Caribou. Aokiji did the same in WCI. He's trying to earn BBs respect by infiltrating places which has the hype of impenetrable defence (WCI, Egghead). He will betray them no doubt abt that but right now his actions are quite murky.

Reactions: Jokey
Status
Not open for further replies.