2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Luffy"s Dream"

One Piece Manga Chapter 1060 Discussion and 1061 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 1060 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 1061

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Im-Sama independance day'd Sabo :eek:

Looks like the Government has some tricks up their sleeves. like an ultimate Buster Call.

Doubt Sabo is dead, but to wipe an island just to contain secrets fits their agenda.

Kinda weird that 1060 chapters in Luffy suddenly has another big dream he never thought to mention after declaring he wants to be pirate king for 30 years. Wonder what it will be things like world piece or ultimate freedom for everyone come to mind. But I don't think those would be topics the Strawhats would laugh at him for.

cryhwks

Veteran
Kin
321💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So, Im has Orbital Strikes? Do they have armed satellites in space?

Ever since Enel's cover story, I wondered if OP would be like Trigun? If you don't know the story of Trigun? A spoiler, in that series the planet it's taking place on, humans are not native to that planet.

I'm wondering if that's the case here? I do think it's slightly different, because I believe the Fishmen, Minks, Dwarfs, etc are native to the planet. And a foreign race migrated here for some reason? And at first everything was cool, but eventually there was some internal conflict, a war happened, that ended up with the native races dominated by the foreign one. Which has never happened in our own history, lol.

I think this almost has to be the ancient weapon Uranus? And the question becomes, if they can just wipe out an island, whenever they want to? Why don't they use it more often? I think we can assume this is what happened to God Valley? So that means, they've had use to it, for a long time.

But with something like O'Hara, they chose to destroy it with a Buster Call, and not this weapon? Why? They knew how to read the Poneglyphs, but, that wasn't a big enough reason to use the weapon?

To me, that says, there is some kind of limitation to this weapon. Like maybe it is a lost technology, and they only have so many shots of it, and they don't know how to make anymore ammo for it?

But, doesn't it seem like they sorta wasted a shot here? Because from the translation, it seems like they were already going to destroy this place before they knew Sabo was there? So you can't say, they knew Sabo saw Im, and wanted to kill him as quickly as possible to hide the truth?

They know that the revolutionaries are on Ivankov's Island, why wouldn't they aim it there and wipe out the revolutionaries? Just really interesting stuff.

Also, I love Bonney coming in here, there is so much we could potentially learn here. Kuma's backstory? What's her actual age? Do we get some flashbacks to the Revire from her POV?

And it's also kinda funny that Oda felt like he needed to be blunt about Luffy having a dream beyond becoming PK. Because some people refused to take the incredibly obvious hints, he's been dropping about it, lol.

10/10 chapter. For the first time in a long time the WG feels super threatening.

Last edited:

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Looks like the Government has some tricks up their sleeves. like an ultimate Buster Call.

Doubt Sabo is dead, but to wipe an island just to contain secrets fits their agenda.

Kinda weird that 1060 chapters in Luffy suddenly has another big dream he never thought to mention after declaring he wants to be pirate king for 30 years. Wonder what it will be things like world piece or ultimate freedom for everyone come to mind. But I don't think those would be topics the Strawhats would laugh at him for.
Based on the context, Sabo being there was just an extra. They said as much when they called it bad luck and fate; they were planning to annihilate the island either way and my guess is that they did it to set an example.

It's weird and at same it isn't. It feels weird because Luffy has proclaimed that becoming the Pirate King is his dream since the start, so to now learn after all this time this isn't the whole story, it comes across as being a bit random and unnecessary. On the other hand personally, I always felt that there was something off. Despite the fact that there have been numerous characters who proclaimed that they wanted/were going to become the Pirate King, which is honestly rather generic, only Luffy was somehow special. Why is it that Luffy saying that he wants to become the PK made Shanks acknowledge him as being similar to Roger, but not anyone else?

This has always been a bit of a plot hole.

cryhwks

Veteran
Kin
321💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Based on the context, Sabo being there was just an extra. They said as much when they called it bad luck and fate; they were planning to annihilate the island either way and my guess is that they did it to set an example.

It's weird and at same it isn't. It feels weird because Luffy has proclaimed that becoming the Pirate King is his dream since the start, so to now learn after all this time this isn't the whole story, it comes across as being a bit random and unnecessary. On the other hand personally, I always felt that there was something off. Despite the fact that there have been numerous characters who proclaimed that they wanted/were going to become the Pirate King, which is honestly rather generic, only Luffy was somehow special. Why is it that Luffy saying that he wants to become the PK made Shanks acknowledge him as being similar to Roger, but not anyone else?

This has always been a bit of a plot hole.
Well, you could say as far back as when we see that scene where Shanks is talking to Rayleigh and he says that Luffy said the same thing as Roger did, that is hint. Because why would Roger say he's going to be King Of The Pirates, before that title existed? And that happened during Sabaody, like 15 years ago.

Also, didn't we have that scene when little Luffy declaration is cut off, happen in the Ace flashback arc after Marineford? That was like 12 years ago.

So I think Oda has had this idea and hinted at for a really long time. It's just now, we are moving towards the end, and I think Oda felt like he needed to be blunt about, because people still didn't get it, even though it became obvious during Wano.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah the orbital strike was probably to set an example to opposing king and not Sabo in particular. The Gorbatsjov elder called it fate.

They made a big deal about Sabo not having the right set-up of Den-Den mushi slugs to prevent him from being tracked. He wouldn't be the careless as a revolutionary who has been hiding and running his entire life. I think he was in the vicinity of the island broadcasting from a remote slug like leeching of your neighbours WiFi. All his panels are zoomed in on his face, we don't see any background.

I think the role of Pirate King will be explored more. Shanks showing a real interest now while always being depicted as the ultimate laid back guy. I think he wouldn't bother if it was just a title. The One Piece might hold some power and may be something more than just a 'we made friends along the way' treasure.

cryhwks

Veteran
Kin
321💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's been pointed out that Sabo wasn't looking directly up like the rest of the citizens. So he was probably a little ways away from the island. Also, can the weapon neutralize Logia abilities?

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's been pointed out that Sabo wasn't looking directly up like the rest of the citizens. So he was probably a little ways away from the island. Also, can the weapon neutralize Logia abilities?
The limits of logia are manga physics, Oda can stretch that as far as he wants.

Wouldn't be unthinkable that if the blast is big enough that even Logia's can't survive since there is nothing left to regenerate from. Kinda like how perfect Cell could come back from being destroyed for 90% by Goku but Gohan had to wipe him out completely.

For what it's worth Z had island busting Dyno bombs. He shot one of those at Kizaru who seemed concerned but he survived of course. Is that canon ? no. But it did come out of Oda's pen, so it at least follows his logic.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This chapter for me seems very ok-ish chapter.

Luffy's Dream:
-I think Oda is dragging this thing by not telling us what exactly Luffy wants. He told Kaido that he wanna make a world where everyone can eat. And now we hearing he has some other aspirations which made Shanks bet on new age.
Comeon just show us what it is.

Zoro's position:
-This one i feel is kinda stupid that Zoro is stopping SHs declaring war on Mariejois. We know Luffy at one point is gonna do that. I thought it will be bcus of Boa. But I guess it might be bcus of Sabo or Vivi. Yet we not going towards Mariejois bcus we still need to find Vegapunk's Lab🤦

Sabo knows Im:
-So it seems Sabo saw Im n knows that OPverse has 1 authority whose greater than CDs or Elders. Prolly why Im signed death warrant of Sabo n blew that island.

This is interesting as it seems Im has one of the Ancient weapons. Also it was lyk Skypiea which Enel used. That brings the question was Enel correct when he said he was a God? I mean he could be a Celestial Dragon who went to Skypiea to rule over them lyk Im does.

I will rate it 4/5.

Sabo would have activated Logia intagibility. He also got flight ability so he might have escaped the blast radius.
Sabo now knows that the world is ruled by Im and they got one of the ancient weapons.

That being said why did Im only used it on Lulusia island. Why not on Kambakka where revs are stationed or WCi or Wano or Beehive. They could have easily ended Yonko / Revs hagemony in NW.
I have this feeling that the weapon might not be that gud against Df users or Haki users and it is still in experiment phase. He prolly used it first time to figure out how that weapon works.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This chapter for me seems very ok-ish chapter.

Luffy's Dream:
-I think Oda is dragging this thing by not telling us what exactly Luffy wants. He told Kaido that he wanna make a world where everyone can eat. And now we hearing he has some other aspirations which made Shanks bet on new age.
Comeon just show us what it is.

Zoro's position:
-This one i feel is kinda stupid that Zoro is stopping SHs declaring war on Mariejois. We know Luffy at one point is gonna do that. I thought it will be bcus of Boa. But I guess it might be bcus of Sabo or Vivi. Yet we not going towards Mariejois bcus we still need to find Vegapunk's Lab🤦

Sabo knows Im:
-So it seems Sabo saw Im n knows that OPverse has 1 authority whose greater than CDs or Elders. Prolly why Im signed death warrant of Sabo n blew that island.

This is interesting as it seems Im has one of the Ancient weapons. Also it was lyk Skypiea which Enel used. That brings the question was Enel correct when he said he was a God? I mean he could be a Celestial Dragon who went to Skypiea to rule over them lyk Im does.

I will rate it 4/5.

Sabo would have activated Logia intagibility. He also got flight ability so he might have escaped the blast radius.
Sabo now knows that the world is ruled by Im and they got one of the ancient weapons.

That being said why did Im only used it on Lulusia island. Why not on Kambakka where revs are stationed or WCi or Wano or Beehive. They could have easily ended Yonko / Revs hagemony in NW.
I have this feeling that the weapon might not be that gud against Df users or Haki users and it is still in experiment phase. He prolly used it first time to figure out how that weapon works.
Sabo was not the target. That much became clear when the Elders called it 'bad luck' and 'fate'. What's more blowing up a whole island and erasing any trace of it ever existing for a single person who just said himself a few seconds ago he was supposedly in the proximity, seems to be a rather inefficient way of doing things. I doubt whatever weapon they used, is something that can be summoned on such short notice. It's not even clear the Elders & Im were aware that Sabo spotted them till he mentioned it in his call with the RA.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Knowing Luffy my guess is something along the lines of have the biggest feast ever or a feast with everyone.

Tbf it has been kind of hinted that Luffy has another dream besides being PK. A dream he made with Ace, if I have the timeline correct a promise he made before eating the GGnM and meeting Shanks. We saw him get cut off in their flashback and Ace was cut off from explaining Luffy's wish to Yamato.

I do find it kind of amusing people are pushing back against this second dream revelation a bit but just accepted Luffy's fruit as a mythical zoan, that the WG was trying to erase from existence yet they allowed Luffy to live a free life. The same organization that put nearly 100 mil bounty on a child for what she knew didn't do a single extra step to remove the eater of their most feared fruit....

Last edited:

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sabo was not the target. That much became clear when the Elders called it 'bad luck' and 'fate'. What's more blowing up a whole island and erasing any trace of it ever existing for a single person who just said himself a few seconds ago he was supposedly in the proximity, seems to be a rather inefficient way of doing things. I doubt whatever weapon they used, is something that can be summoned on such short notice. It's not even clear the Elders & Im were aware that Sabo spotted them till he mentioned it in his call with the RA.
With all the observation haki n future sight stuff i find it amusing if Elders n Im didn't spotted Sabo at Mariejois especially in Throne room.

I read the chapter again n it seems you are correct that they wanna destroy the island before hand but the question that's bugging me is why Lulusia?Just bcus they rebelled against WG.
I believe many nations rebelled bcus of Dragon but they never nuked those countries. This is why i believe they don't knew how that weapon work n it's still its work in progress sorta project.

I do find it kind of amusing people are pushing back against this second dream revelation a bit but just accepted Luffy's fruit as a mythical zoan, that the WG was trying to erase from existence yet they allowed Luffy to live a free life. The same organization that put nearly 100 mil bounty on a child for what she knew didn't do a single extra step to remove the eater of their most feared fruit....
Luffy's DF being mythical Zoan was BS.
Oda said he doesn't know how to beat Kaido which is prolly the reason he had to retconned GGnM.
Nothing made sense after Luffy lost first time at rooftop. Caribou popping Outta nowhere to give Luffy snacks, Laws crew knowing where Luffy gonna fall, Momonuske also there to take him back at Onigashima. It's was pretty sloppy writing n only reason alliance won was bcus of plot Armor. This is one of the reason why ppl are now saying that post Wano seems better than what final battles were. Heck it took Oda decades to give Robin a proper bounty. Lol.

cryhwks

Veteran
Kin
321💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Them being lucky Sabo was there, actually does put a limit on this weapon a bit. Because if this was done on the spur on the moment? Means they could fire off this weapon whenever and wherever they want. But them planning on destroying the Island, likely means they moved something into position first.

And knowing Oda, it will probably be that thing that Capone encountered right before the time skip. And it's been pointed out that there was 16, "beams" of light, Doflamingo's final attack was 16 Holy Bullets, probably not a coincidence? And I guess Imu can mean 1, 6 in Japanese? Chapter 1060, probably very intentional by Oda, and might even explain why he wrapped up Wano so quickly, because he wanted to be here for this chapter.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
With all the observation haki n future sight stuff i find it amusing if Elders n Im didn't spotted Sabo at Mariejois especially in Throne room.

I read the chapter again n it seems you are correct that they wanna destroy the island before hand but the question that's bugging me is why Lulusia?Just bcus they rebelled against WG.
I believe many nations rebelled bcus of Dragon but they never nuked those countries. This is why i believe they don't knew how that weapon work n it's still its work in progress sorta project.

Luffy's DF being mythical Zoan was BS.
Oda said he doesn't know how to beat Kaido which is prolly the reason he had to retconned GGnM.
Nothing made sense after Luffy lost first time at rooftop. Caribou popping Outta nowhere to give Luffy snacks, Laws crew knowing where Luffy gonna fall, Momonuske also there to take him back at Onigashima. It's was pretty sloppy writing n only reason alliance won was bcus of plot Armor. This is one of the reason why ppl are now saying that post Wano seems better than what final battles were. Heck it took Oda decades to give Robin a proper bounty. Lol.
Caribou is currently hiding in a barrel only a few feet away from several powerful haki users, including two that have the King's Disposition and this while these same people were able to sense him on FI when he tried to kidnap Shirahoshi. Yet, no one has noticed anything. Either Oda isn't consistent in his portrayal or even the CoO requires you to focus.

And my opinion is that the Elders and Im wanted to set an example and that the Lulusia Kingdom lost the draw. I mean the Buster Call is a marine procedure and despite the fact Ohara was annihilated and the narrative distorted, people still know about the incident. It wasn't covered up.

In this case it doesn't seem the Marines are involved at all and the kingdom will vanish from the world completely. Most likely it's not a weapon they use unless the situation really demands it for the simple reason that it would draw too much attention. Many times in the series it has been shown that the WG and the Marines operate rather independently from one another and sometimes even against each other. And the reason why they decided to use it now? Well too much has happened in recent times. The status quo of the world keeps crumbling and too many people are getting too close to the secrets of the Void Century.

cryhwks

Veteran
Kin
321💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Caribou is currently hiding in a barrel only a few feet away from several powerful haki users, including two that have the King's Disposition and this while these same people were able to sense him on FI when he tried to kidnap Shirahoshi. Yet, no one has noticed anything. Either Oda isn't consistent in his portrayal or even the CoO requires you to focus.

And my opinion is that the Elders and Im wanted to set an example and that the Lulusia Kingdom lost the draw. I mean the Buster Call is a marine procedure and despite the fact Ohara was annihilated and the narrative distorted, people still know about the incident. It wasn't covered up.

In this case it doesn't seem the Marines are involved at all and the kingdom will vanish from the world completely. Most likely it's not a weapon they use unless the situation really demands it for the simple reason that it would draw too much attention. Many times in the series it has been shown that the WG and the Marines operate rather independently from one another and sometimes even against each other. And the reason why they decided to use it now? Well too much has happened in recent times. The status quo of the world keeps crumbling and too many people are getting too close to the secrets of the Void Century.
The barrel has chains all over it, they obviously know he's there. Remember, Luffy promised him that he'd give him a ride out of Wano awhile back. But they are keeping him in that barrel.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They sensed Bonney in that storm. It makes no sense if they can't sense Caribou.

The barrel has chains all over it, they obviously know he's there. Remember, Luffy promised him that he'd give him a ride out of Wano awhile back. But they are keeping him in that barrel.
Exactly his barrel is chained n Luffy promised him a ride. If SHs doesn't know he's hiding / spying on them then it's one hella inconsistency with Observation haki.

I recall in Reverie elders asked Im has he decided who to eliminate n everyone thought it was Cobra or Vivi. But he wanna eliminate an island full of ppl was kinda weird bcus they rebelled.
I think we saw the use of this weapon when Monk was going towards that island(Raijin island). I still believe Im is still doing experiment with that weapon bcus it will make no sense of he can fully utilise it n can nuke any country as he wants.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Fkn insane chapter!!
Either IM-sama is uranus or has it in his possession 100%!
Now whether or not sabo lives or not is to be seen, lets see whether whatever weapon was used to was enough to extinguish a fire logia user.
In terms of Caribou, i really hope the strawhats know that his there on the ship this time. Considering how much they've all grown and like 4-5 of them decent observation haki....
but still i don't feel easy how they keep him around and have serious conversations, like fk him off keep your crew secrets to yourself......
Also very convenient robin doesn't reveal to luffy what happened to Hancock and coby. 100% fluffy would've changed trajectory.

Last edited:

cryhwks

Veteran
Kin
321💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
They definitely know Caribou is in the barrel. Why would it be chained up if they didn't? And like I mentioned before, Luffy promised him a ride off of Wano. It was back in the prison.

And something I thought of, that really doesn't apply to this chapter. But now that the WG seemingly has some form of cloning? Can they make a clone of a person from the 3 Eyed Tribe, therefore possibly giving them a way to translate the ancient language? Because that detail about that tribe seems kinda pointless, if it doesn't come back in some way.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
They definitely know Caribou is in the barrel. Why would it be chained up if they didn't? And like I mentioned before, Luffy promised him a ride off of Wano. It was back in the prison.

And something I thought of, that really doesn't apply to this chapter. But now that the WG seemingly has some form of cloning? Can they make a clone of a person from the 3 Eyed Tribe, therefore possibly giving them a way to translate the ancient language? Because that detail about that tribe seems kinda pointless, if it doesn't come back in some way.
You'd think they would chain the top up too , not just the sides. In the past im pretty sure when he snuck on, franky chained it up good from all angles.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They sensed Bonney in that storm. It makes no sense if they can't sense Caribou.

Exactly his barrel is chained n Luffy promised him a ride. If SHs doesn't know he's hiding / spying on them then it's one hella inconsistency with Observation haki.

I recall in Reverie elders asked Im has he decided who to eliminate n everyone thought it was Cobra or Vivi. But he wanna eliminate an island full of ppl was kinda weird bcus they rebelled.
I think we saw the use of this weapon when Monk was going towards that island(Raijin island). I still believe Im is still doing experiment with that weapon bcus it will make no sense of he can fully utilise it n can nuke any country as he wants.
Only, that would be a very weird thing to omit from the story. In particular because they are having conversations they really shouldn't be having with outsiders listening. I mean the only people who now know Luffy's dream, among other things, are: Shanks, Sabo, Ace, the Strawhats and...Caribou. I mean what the fudge? Additionally, Caribou is having internal monologues, which gives the impression he is eavesdropping.

Sure, Luffy is definitely the type of character that would talk about sensitive information while fully knowing Caribou is hiding there, but that doesn't really apply to the others. So, it's all kind of weird.

IIRC Im shredded pictures of Luffy and BB, but was staring at one of Vivi. In another scene the Elders said that Cobra requested an audience and referred to him as a 'traitor'. Considering Cobra has attended multiple Reveries, it looks like killing him was an impromptu decision. Possibly because he was asking the wrong questions. Vivi's case on the other hand seems to have been planned to some degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.