2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Final Curtain"

One Piece Manga Chapter 1057 Discussion and 1058 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 1057 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 1058

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Finally Wano ended.
Honestly the arc was pretty mid as ppl expectations were skyrocketed when Oda made the statement that Wano will surpass MF. However it was pretty underwhelming. Whether it was Joyboy return or Rocks history not discussed that well.

That being said I liked the ending part. Momo acting lyk Shogun just to loose his composure infront of Luffy and Kinemon thinking he can cut Luffy bcus he didn't said goodbye to them before leaving was nice lil touch Oda added.

Now the funny part. You see when a manga character says that You are making us confuse.
You must be registered to see images

Makes me think how poorly Yamato was written off in this arc. She started in mid of the arc claiming she's Oden. Oda tried to connect her wit Oden's journal and Ace. Showed how she waited for Zoro n Luffy to awake just to tell them she doesn't wanna sail currently lol.
And ppl fell for the bait that she's next SH.
Heck I remember ppl were arguing that she should join as she gonna taught Zoro how to use ACOC😆
Well all is not lost. She's now a Honorary Strawhat who we might see her at the EOSS taking part in final war. Just that she's not gonna travel with SH till rest of the journey.

Lastly the part which peaked my interest was this,

Could this woman be Luffy's mom? Notice the baby doesn't look like Uta. And the baby has black hair.

i will rate this chapter 4.5/5.

Relostar Devil

Regular
Kin
326💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Finally Wano ended.
Honestly the arc was pretty mid as ppl expectations were skyrocketed when Oda made the statement that Wano will surpass MF. However it was pretty underwhelming. Whether it was Joyboy return or Rocks history not discussed that well.

That being said I liked the ending part. Momo acting lyk Shogun just to loose his composure infront of Luffy and Kinemon thinking he can cut Luffy bcus he didn't said goodbye to them before leaving was nice lil touch Oda added.

Now the funny part. You see when a manga character says that You are making us confuse.

Makes me think how poorly Yamato was written off in this arc. She started in mid of the arc claiming she's Oden. Oda tried to connect her wit Oden's journal and Ace. Showed how she waited for Zoro n Luffy to awake just to tell them she doesn't wanna sail currently lol.
Heck I remember ppl were arguing that she should join as she gonna taught Zoro how to use ACOC😆
Well all is not lost. She's now a Honorary Strawhat who we might see her at the EOSS taking part in final war. Just that she's not gonna travel with SH till rest of the journey.

Could this woman be Luffy's mom? Notice the baby doesn't look like Uta. And the baby has black hair.

Only gonna agree with you on yamato's part written poorly... Rest you are the worst critic

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
NGL, I actually liked the chapter and the chapters since Oda came back from his break. I know some people think he rushed it but I thought that was the perfect pace.
We got a new admiral introduced with his DF powers as well, we had Shanks hype even though that was mainly for the movie, we had new yonko revelation, cross guild reveal.

Regarding the chapter I liked the interaction between the captains. The goodbye scene was well done too.
Yamato not joining is good, as much as I would have liked the addition of such a strong member, she is too fucking annoying with the "I am Oden" gag. She needs to solve her identity crisis before she joins properly lol.

Only stupid thing in this chapter was the Hiyori thing, not because of what she said but more because she didn't do shit during the raid and they're acting like she was a complete badass, gtfoh

AND was that a wanted poster in Nami's hand? Please Oda give us the crew bounties next chapter!
Post automatically merged:

Finally Wano ended.

Nah, im half asleep correct me if im wrongwith my timeline, but that seems more likely to be Ace and that lady Portgas D rouge

Last edited:

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Only gonna agree with you on yamato's part written poorly... Rest you are the worst critic
Lmao don't tell me you think Wano was perfect when we know Oda has to rush Wano bcus of the movie Red.

Nah, im half asleep correct me if im wrongwith my timeline, but that seems more likely to be Ace and that lady Portgas D rouge
Could be. But if i m not wrong Rouge died immediately after Ace's birth. So that scene doesn't make sense.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lmao don't tell me you think Wano was perfect when we know Oda has to rush Wano bcus of the movie Red.

Could be. But if i m not wrong Rouge died immediately after Ace's birth. So that scene doesn't make sense.
Honestly I think it's Uta's mom.
1. She has white hair to explain Uta's half white half red hair.
2. She's singing implying to me that's where Uta got her singing habits and abilities.

Uta and Luffy are 3 years apart. Uta and that baby don't look that far in age. Maybe Shanks went to see Ace as a baby?

Last edited:

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I liked the Momo parts in this chapter, it was a fitting end to his story.

I was waiting why Luffy pretty much went out of his way to say goodbye to everyone but Momo and Kinemon, most of the times Oda has a nice curveball but now I agree with Momo, Luffy was just a dickhead in this case.

Handing them a Strawhat Jolly roger is cool, Wano is now part of the empire. After Fishman island it sends a big message to everyone who sails in the New World, Luffy's really an established pirate now.

And those are all the nice things I have to say about this chapter.

The fact that Yamato stays behind is AB SO LUTE bullshit. Even Kin'nemon says it in this chapter that we've been set on the wrong foot with what she said last chapter. Besides that it makes no sense with her dreams. They even address it in this chapter, "oh i'll just set sail and follow in their footsteps". So her dream is to still go out, but apparently not with the pirate king, not with Ace's brother, not with the friends that freed her. It's stupid.

I almost feel like a publisher said to Oda halfway this arc, you're not adding another strawhat, 10 is enough. The build-up was there for her to join, and it's just being brushed over with "oh, I'm staying". To do what ? She will be bored out of her mind in 2 days on Wano.

The only thing I can think of is that she'll be Pluton's defender / captain when it's time to open Wano or bad people are coming after it.

Speaking of bad people, where the **** are Big Mom and Kaidou ? dead In the crust of the earth ? Captured ? You can't leave them both on Wano, that sounds like a horrible plan.

• Haha
Reactions: WhistleBlower

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Honestly I think it's Uta's mom.
1. She has white hair to explain Uta's half white half red hair.
2. She's singing implying to me that's where Uta got her singing habits and abilities.

Uta and Luffy are 3 years apart. Uta and that baby don't look that far in age. Maybe Shanks went to see Ace as a baby?
Notice the baby's hair. It doesn't match with Uta.
Also Uta's age currently is 21. Luffy is 19+ n Ace was 20Pre TS. Post TS he would have been 22.

I doubt Shanks found Ace bcus Garp took him when he was born.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Notice the baby's hair. It doesn't match with Uta.
Also Uta's age currently is 21. Luffy is 19+ n Ace was 20Pre TS. Post TS he would have been 22.

I doubt Shanks found Ace bcus Garp took him when he was born.
What does the baby's hair have to do with Uta's hair?

Yes but Garp took him to Dadan who lived right near Fusha which Shanks is known to have visited.

Speaking of Garp with how much he blames Shanks for influencing Luffy don't you think he'd have mentioned if Luffy's mother was close enough to Shanks it appears she's on his ship?

Status
Not open for further replies.