2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"The New Emperors"

One Piece Manga Chapter 1053 Discussion and 1054 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 1053 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 1054

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This chapter was interesting.

Firstly I have to say Ryokugyu looks very clean and we get to see him in action. He definitely looks someone who should not be mess with as he single handedly took down Beast Pirates remainants wit ease.
You must be registered to see images

I didn't see Jack here so he prolly fled after the raid.
Also I think Aramaki is a lowkey fan of Akainu.

Next thing that was very good about this chapter is Morgan.

This guy ended BMs reputation after WCI arc and now the entire OPverse is in a mess after they see G5 Luffy poster. He's definitely anti-WG/Yonko sorta guy.

Lastly which was very interesting thing in this chapter was Pluton is here in Wano. We still missing Kaido's poneglyph reading part but this is a big news. Will be interesting to see what pluton is and how Kozuki were able to hide it from Kaido and Orochi.

Now certain parts which weren't convincing.
1)Tengu is Kozuki Sukiyaki;
-We knew he was someone important but this seems kinda retcon because why will Orochi keep a former Shogun alive when he hated him whole heartedly.

2)Aramaki going for Luffys head;
-For me it was definitely a big surprise that this guy is going straight for Luffys head even though he was asked nothing to do by Akainu.

I will rate it as 4/5 chapter.

Relostar Devil

Regular
Kin
326💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Do admirals really have a chance now if they go straight to wano for a conflict with a such hotshots alone!? Definitely NO... Ryokogyu is out of his mind for thinking he can take down pirates in wano

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This chapter was interesting.

Firstly I have to say Ryokugyu looks very clean and we get to see him in action. He definitely looks someone who should not be mess with as he single handedly took down Beast Pirates remainants wit ease.

I didn't see Jack here so he prolly fled after the raid.
Also I think Aramaki is a lowkey fan of Akainu.

Next thing that was very good about this chapter is Morgan.

This guy ended BMs reputation after WCI arc and now the entire OPverse is in a mess after they see G5 Luffy poster. He's definitely anti-WG/Yonko sorta guy.

Lastly which was very interesting thing in this chapter was Pluton is here in Wano. We still missing Kaido's poneglyph reading part but this is a big news. Will be interesting to see what pluton is and how Kozuki were able to hide it from Kaido and Orochi.

Now certain parts which weren't convincing.
1)Tengu is Kozuki Sukiyaki;
-We knew he was someone important but this seems kinda retcon because why will Orochi keep a former Shogun alive when he hated him whole heartedly.

2)Aramaki going for Luffys head;
-For me it was definitely a big surprise that this guy is going straight for Luffys head even though he was asked nothing to do by Akainu.

I will rate it as 4/5 chapter.
The depiction of Ryokugyu was way more grim then I thought it would be based on spoilers.

I could be wrong but wasn't Jack killed?

He's not lowkey a fan he's a flagrant fan.

I had seen theories about tengu being sukiyaki and pointing out him playing with dolls on cover stories or somewhere.

The one thing that made no sense to me was the gorosei complaining about remove the "D." From Luffy's wanted poster. It's been that way since he was issued one why remove it now? Makes no sense. Same way it makes no real sense they knew the GGnM could awaken to the Nika, knew Luffy had GGnM and didn't take a more proactive role in killing or capturing him.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
A red nose on Buggy, a red nose on Sukiyaki, a red nose on a random animal in the cover. :finally:This chapter delivers it all. That Odyssey spread makes me wish Oda designed more original animals for the OP world. The Zoan class would thank him.

Pluton, the god of the death, meets Wano, land of the dead. Miracle baby Sukiyaki survives Kurozomi attempts on his life once again. The same age/VA/Kokeshi dolls and Orochi never confirming his death strongly hinted the Tengu was a fake. Kaido executed Oden knowing he had Sukiyaki imprisoned to read Poneglyphs. He escaped to see Wano's only hope was the prophecy, hiding in samurai shame from even his own grandkids, and tragically continued as a ghost to guide Wano's future heroes to Pluton. No wonder. Pluton could explain everything from Wano closing itself off, why Momo needs to live, why the WG craves Wano, why Kaido thinks its special, why Big Mom asked if part of One Piece was here. Cannot wait to find out more.

The Auction House 3 get their 3 billion. Oda caught me off guard with this one, but the precedent was set in Dressrosa when Law and Luffy split the credit and ended up with the same bounty. The WG isn't checking feats, if they hear the Luffy-Law-Kid alliance defeated Big Mom and Kaido then the 9 billion exceeding BM + Kaido's total is split 3 ways. Luffy's exceptional crew and grand fleet is enough to push our boy to Yonko regardless. He may still have to prove himself before Shanks, otherwise I see Luffy entering the Blackbeard fight with underdog status. Big bird publishing Gear 5 is hilarious, right now the world sees ice cream hair Luffy but in the future it will help reconnect them to Nika/Joy Boy's forgotten legend.

You must be registered for see images

The era of the clown is here. Never thought I'd see the day Buggy and Shanks would be Yonkobros. Excited to see how Buggy's rise is rationalized this time. The Shichibukai forming one crew and letting Buggy's head have the biggest target would be a funny way to help make the outside world a mess.

Ryokugyu replaces Akainu, Fujitora replaces Aokiji, the balance of the world is maintained. Ryo the ruthless, rampaging bull going beyond Akainu's orders to earn his praise. Love it. The young Senor Pink face + no top + tattoo + flower pants is a rebellious combo too. A nice inversion of the laid back and gentle flower guy trope much like Kizaru is the slowest man alive. He delivers what you could call Cruel Justice/Law of Nature by draining the Beast Pirates who starved Wano and its people for decades. King and Queen hiding and recovering in Udon to serve as hypemen. Ouch. While I don't see what stopping the party to beat Ryokugyu would show that Luffy beating Kaido did not, I like that this a-hole is saving Wano just by leaving flowers behind every footstep.

Jinbe waiting for the nakama debate to end.:few: A Skypeia-style dance around the drumbeat with fireworks as the bonfire in the center is just fantastic. I'm happy every Wanonese side character made it. Kin'emon and Tsuru <3. Even Kid can't stop the fun as the whole party encapsulates everything Joy Boy, so it's touching that Momo decided to spread Joy Boy's good name around Wano after Luffy rejected taking the credit. Wonderful chapter to break on, I hope Oda gets some rest and plans everything he needs to.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I forgot to mention that our "Bombastic Clown" Captain Buggy is a Yonko :love:
He fulfilled a part of his dream.

Now we know who was the guy Shanks wants to talk about when he met Gorosei

There legendary duel to find which is colder (North or South pole) will shook Opverse:ROFLMAO:

Wait i also realised why Roger and Co.laughed when they reached Laugh Tale.

They prolly saw the future where Captain Buggy is the new Yonko lol.

The depiction of Ryokugyu was way more grim then I thought it would be based on spoilers.
He's not lowkey a fan he's a flagrant fan.
Ryokugyu might be a mini version of Akainu if he seriously want to start a ruckus in Capital currently.
I am also hearing theories that he might be a wano citizen who's healing the country with his plant based DF.

But yes his attitude was definitely something I didn't expected.

I could be wrong but wasn't Jack killed?
Jack most probably survived. It was only said he was defeated by Inurashi.

And we know this guy could take hits and then again comeback as if nothing happened.

I had seen theories about tengu being sukiyaki and pointing out him playing with dolls on cover stories or somewhere.
To be honest I was expecting him to be one of Daimyo captured by Kaido. I don't recall if they all died or survived somehow.

The one thing that made no sense to me was the gorosei complaining about remove the "D." From Luffy's wanted poster. It's been that way since he was issued one why remove it now? Makes no sense. Same way it makes no real sense they knew the GGnM could awaken to the Nika, knew Luffy had GGnM and didn't take a more proactive role in killing or capturing him.
Yes when we first learnt that GGnM was mythical Zoan that was complete BS writing. They have been keeping a track on Luffy from Ennies lobby. I remember that in Impel Down a Marine said that it was Luffy and Buggy who are the architect of ID Prison Break. They didn't mention any Shichibukais name even though there were 4 of them who were part of ID prison break directly/ indirectly. So it makes zero sense for Cipher Pol or Elders to learn that GGnM is in Luffy's possession after MF incident.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
For anyone who thinks "the strawhat crew itself lacks manpower...they can't beat any Yonko crew by themselves" :

They have the largest fleet among all active Yonkos, doesnt matter if the weak trio are weak.....

Also, keep in mind the WG has information the public doesn't. The WG KNOWS Luffy defeated Crocodile, Moria, Doflamingo, etc. They're aware that many key figures of royalty and authority owe debts to the Straw Hats.
To the public, the Straw Hats only have Fishman Island as their territory. To the WG, Alabasta and Dressrosa may also be considered SH territory. And, what about Wano?

To me, the WG wasn't scared of the Samurai. They are scared of Pluton. If the WG knows Pluton is in Wano, and believe that Luffy has direct/indirect control over Wano as a country, this completely explains him being considered a Yonkou (on top of lava-shotting Kaido).

Status
Not open for further replies.