2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"The Shogun of Wano - Kozuki Momonosuke"

One Piece Manga Chapter 1051 Discussion and 1052 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 1051 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 1052

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Great emotional payoff chapter. The Germa siblings showing us you're not a cool guy if you don't walk away from explosions.

The dragon and the nine shadows. Nice to see the Scabbards step out of the mist to public bafflement like they were ghosts who jumped across 20 years because that's literally the case. Exchange Ashura and Izo with Shinobu and Hiyori and we technically have our 9 figures, albeit without a dawn. While too early to pronounce them dead, it is sad that Ashura and Izo couldn't be there for the Shogun's big moment. I wouldn't mind if the rest of the alliance got presented to the Wano people like this, but it's not a good idea with everyone injured not to mention it undercuts the role of Big News.:bignews:

Goodnight little dumpling. A touching flashback to help wrap up Tama's story as we learn she's probably not Kurozomi with normal parents that died from hard labor in Orochi's Wano. She was positive and proactive even as an orphan, no wonder she valiantly jointed the war by herself. Adding a time limit and Stockholm Syndrome condition is Oda awkwardly stopping Tama from becoming Sugar 2.0, though it's nice Tama gained a foster mommy to go with foster daddy Hitetsu. With Luffy fulfilling his promise of giving her a Wano with abundant food, the world is safe from Tama of the 500 Beasts because it looks like she's comfortably staying in Wano.

Battle for the final spot on the Sunny, Victor: Yamato? Yamato follows up on her declaration before Kaido in 1016 that she's going out to sea with Luffy. Ironic how it mirrors what Jinbe did before Big Mom, both polar opposites with Jinbe fully mature and realized at sea while Yamato remains a socially underdeveloped landlubber from 20 years of isolation. So I like that it's Jinbe saying nothing is settled until Luffy wakes up. Oden functionally serves as Yamato's guiding force/gag, Oda making no effort to say this is negative or that a different Yamato exists as her flashback also featured Odenmato. Her other name is Yamato and that's likely good enough for Luffy after everything she contributed. Jinbe's toast was delayed for the post-raid banquet, will the Strawhats celebrate more than one new member?

Announcing his name at the cost of his life, bawling his eyes out, and making the entire room laugh in the process.
Spoiler

Now proudly announcing his name again, still making some laugh but the rest of Wano cry. No more tears.
Spoiler

Everyone was waiting for him, all he needed to do was overcome himself. Momo's development cycle is complete: from being scared of Kaido's mere name to declaring an alliance against him. In Wano: seeing who he's fighting for in Act 1, realizing the magnitude of his presence in Act 2, using his name and ability in Act 3. General Momo provided necessary leadership in Luffy's absence so the alliance wouldn't waiver one bit. He gave up 20 years of his life to conquer his fear of heights, his fear of Kaido, and save Onigashima + the capital. Momo goes from a boy to a man both physically and mentally, taking up the sword he felt he wasn't worthy of before as well as his rightful place on the throne. The Momo and Hiyori reunion. The Great Shogun of Wano. Beautiful end to the chapter.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Can't wait to see new bounty posters and the reaction of the world when news will reach to them!!
One of my favourite parts of the series. I hope we get a Decks of the World vol.3 + a chapter purely dedicated to having Brannew explain every single bounty individually (like how he did for the Yonkou). Not to mention with Yamato and Jinbei, two absolute heavyweights have joined the Strawhats and it brings the total of CQ users in the crew to three.

Reactions: Relostar Devil

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm sure I'm in the minority but I don't think Yama will join the crew but probably the fleet as the representative of Wano for Luffy's fleet.

There have been a lot of little things and Jinbei's line this chapter adds on.

Notice how she's still giving orders to the Beast Pirates remnants and they're listening to her.

With Kaido beaten, possibly dead though unlikely, and Luffy leaving are the Scabbards and samurai strong enough to keep the WG out without the strength of someone like Yamato?

Her fruit is described as the guardian deity of Wano calling back to my last point.

Luffy's had multiple interactions and chances to invite Yamato into the crew but he hasn't yet. Doesn't that seem odd, Luffy's never hesitated to ask someone to join if he wanted them to but he didn't ask Yamato even as she was explaining her situation in the attic.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm sure I'm in the minority but I don't think Yama will join the crew but probably the fleet as the representative of Wano for Luffy's fleet.

Notice how she's still giving orders to the Beast Pirates remnants and they're listening to her.

With Kaido beaten, possibly dead though unlikely, and Luffy leaving are the Scabbards and samurai strong enough to keep the WG out without the strength of someone like Yamato?

Her fruit is described as the guardian deity of Wano calling back to my last point.

Luffy's had multiple interactions and chances to invite Yamato into the crew but he hasn't yet. Doesn't that seem odd, Luffy's never hesitated to ask someone to join if he wanted them to but he didn't ask Yamato even as she was explaining her situation in the attic.
There have been a lot of people, even before this chapter, that were on the fence about Yamato joining. Though, the reality is that in the very least there is absolutely nothing that holds her back from joining.

Fleet representative? For us it's an important distinction whether a character truly becomes part of the crew or just tags along for a while, but that does not apply to the people in the OP world. At this stage of the story if someone joins the crew, regardless of the motivation, it pretty much is till the end. So, this 'fleet representative' thing is kind of redundant, unless you're saying she will remain behind, similar to how Bartolomeo & co do their own things, however that would have made this entire issue pointless. Then there would have been no reason to bring it up at all.

Jinbei just plainly stated a fact; that in the end it's the captain that decides, which is a very Jinbei thing to say. When he was first introduced in ID, he made it very clear he isn't a nice person that's just going to help anyone who needs help. For him this is simple: if Luffy says ok, it's ok for him, if Luffy says no, Yamato can go piss off. This is a reflection of his personality, just like how the reactions of the other Strawhats were reflections of theirs. You can't really single out Jinbei's reaction, while in that same scene Brook, Sanji and Robin were not apprehensive about Yamato.

The entire chain of command of the Beast Pirates is gone: Kaidou, the three Calamities, the Flying Six...Yamato is pretty much the only one left they are familiar with, but it has been a regular occurrence during this arc that many are confused with her orders as they benefit the enemy. Many are still not entirely aware that Yamato fought against her own father.

Wano was able to remain isolated for centuries. On top of that they have the support of the Mink tribe and possibly a bit of the remaining WB Pirates. If push comes to shove, they can also borrow the Strawhat flag. Even though Yamato is strong, if the WG really wants Wano, her presence there isn't going to make much of a difference.

This whole guardian deity business can just as easily be interpreted in a completely opposite manner, namely that to protect Wano she has to go. Yamato wants to make Oden's ambition a reality and for that she firmly believes she has to leave. Why? Because of what Oden wrote himself.

All the interactions Luffy had with Yamato, were during the raid when they were almost always fighting. Even Luffy, as aloof as he is, isn't going to start recruiting people at such moments. This is absolutely not odd. In fact, if anything, the moment he truly tends to ask people would be...right now.

The truth is simply that there are absolutely zero reasons as why Yamato would have to stay in Wano. As much as I've become fond of her character, it remains a fact that she was introduced relatively late and came out of the blue to the point it really feels like it was a list minute addition and that she had to be retroactively fit in the established narrative. Not only is she strong, but she's also in the possession of what might be one of the most important documents in the world (Oden's log) and based on that she adamantly believes she has to leave Wano and join the Strawhats.

What would have been the point of her character if she remains in Wano? Despite the fact that she spent most of her life there and admires Wano, its culture and the Kozuki clan, she was never one of them. Momo can't leave. The Scabbards are never going to leave Momo alone. Tama is too young and Komurasaki isn't a fighter. Who is left then to bring Oden's ambition a reality? Yamato, in particular because she is expendable. Her whole character seems to have been written purely for that specific purpose. Without it, what merit was there in adding her to the story?

I get the feeling many people are against Yamato joining exactly because she came out of nowhere and then explicitly claimed what might be the last spot in the Strawhat crew. Normally, people debate for years about new Strawhats and then suddenly Yamato swoops down.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There have been a lot of people, even before this chapter, that were on the fence about Yamato joining. Though, the reality is that in the very least there is absolutely nothing that holds her back from joining.

Fleet representative? For us it's an important distinction whether a character truly becomes part of the crew or just tags along for a while, but that does not apply to the people in the OP world. At this stage of the story if someone joins the crew, regardless of the motivation, it pretty much is till the end. So, this 'fleet representative' thing is kind of redundant, unless you're saying she will remain behind, similar to how Bartolomeo & co do their own things, however that would have made this entire issue pointless. Then there would have been no reason to bring it up at all.

Jinbei just plainly stated a fact; that in the end it's the captain that decides, which is a very Jinbei thing to say. When he was first introduced in ID, he made it very clear he isn't a nice person that's just going to help anyone who needs help. For him this is simple: if Luffy says ok, it's ok for him, if Luffy says no, Yamato can go piss off. This is a reflection of his personality, just like how the reactions of the other Strawhats were reflections of theirs. You can't really single out Jinbei's reaction, while in that same scene Brook, Sanji and Robin were not apprehensive about Yamato.

The entire chain of command of the Beast Pirates is gone: Kaidou, the three Calamities, the Flying Six...Yamato is pretty much the only one left they are familiar with, but it has been a regular occurrence during this arc that many are confused with her orders as they benefit the enemy. Many are still not entirely aware that Yamato fought against her own father.

Wano was able to remain isolated for centuries. On top of that they have the support of the Mink tribe and possibly a bit of the remaining WB Pirates. If push comes to shove, they can also borrow the Strawhat flag. Even though Yamato is strong, if the WG really wants Wano, her presence there isn't going to make much of a difference.

This whole guardian deity business can just as easily be interpreted in a completely opposite manner, namely that to protect Wano she has to go. Yamato wants to make Oden's ambition a reality and for that she firmly believes she has to leave. Why? Because of what Oden wrote himself.

All the interactions Luffy had with Yamato, were during the raid when they were almost always fighting. Even Luffy, as aloof as he is, isn't going to start recruiting people at such moments. This is absolutely not odd. In fact, if anything, the moment he truly tends to ask people would be...right now.

The truth is simply that there are absolutely zero reasons as why Yamato would have to stay in Wano. As much as I've become fond of her character, it remains a fact that she was introduced relatively late and came out of the blue to the point it really feels like it was a list minute addition and that she had to be retroactively fit in the established narrative. Not only is she strong, but she's also in the possession of what might be one of the most important documents in the world (Oden's log) and based on that she adamantly believes she has to leave Wano and join the Strawhats.

What would have been the point of her character if she remains in Wano? Despite the fact that she spent most of her life there and admires Wano, its culture and the Kozuki clan, she was never one of them. Momo can't leave. The Scabbards are never going to leave Momo alone. Tama is too young and Komurasaki isn't a fighter. Who is left then to bring Oden's ambition a reality? Yamato, in particular because she is expendable. Her whole character seems to have been written purely for that specific purpose. Without it, what merit was there in adding her to the story?

I get the feeling many people are against Yamato joining exactly because she came out of nowhere and then explicitly claimed what might be the last spot in the Strawhat crew. Normally, people debate for years about new Strawhats and then suddenly Yamato swoops down.
Mmm Luffy asked Brook as soon as he saw him. He asked Zoro before he freed him and iirc he asked Chopper to join before they beat Wapol(though I may be off on that one)

Also for the record I'm not against Yama joining I'm against this newer trend where people cry new SH on every character that spends some time with the crew. First it was Caesar, then it was Carrot, a little bit for Law, now Yamato, I even saw some saying they want/think Katakuri would join.

I never said there was anything stopping her from joining(other than Luffy) just showing small details that could explain why she doesn't join if she ends up not joining. On the flip side to that there's nothing guaranteeing she'll join. 2 of the crew liking her and one liking the situation and her desire to join don't mean she will.

Yes I am saying she will be like Bart and lead the Wano force of Luffy's fleet.
We know he'll have Wano on his team and it's unlikely Momo will be able to come help him personally when the time comes so he'll send his people. The scabbards would likely stay with their shogun as is their responsibility so who would be left to lead the Wano forces on expeditions and battles outside of Wano?

cryhwks

Veteran
Kin
321💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

No way, I don't see how anyone watched episode 1015 and can still think Yamato isn't joining the crew? Other people have explained this better than me. But Oda cares a lot about themes. And Yamato fits the theme of the characters that have joined.

And she does fit the theme of Oden. Oden was possibly the final Roger pirate? And Oden shook up the power dynamic in that crew. Because Oden was definitely as strong if not stronger than Rayleigh and Scopper.

But Zoro and Sanji are both getting major power ups anyways. And Oda has been putting fire "over" more, meaning this Sanji flame power is going to be very powerful.

And I always like to compare with Blackbeards Crew. Catarina Devon, Mythical Dog vs Mythical Dog.

Luffy had plenty of time to invite Franky, did not happen until the end. Zoro initially invited Usopp, Robin invited herself. So it isn't some uncommon situation. And again it fits Oden as well, because Oden just invited himself onto Whitebeards crew, and WB finally just gave in.

The bond between Yamato and Ace is to strong, for her to not carry on with his brother.
The only thing before episode 1015, I thought would be against her joining, is I thought she knew the ending of Rogers journey, but we found out that those pages are not in Odens journal.

Momo doesn't need her, because all the Scabbards are alive. So she has nothing to do, and knowhere obvious to go. The only natural path is her joining Straw Hats.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No way, I don't see how anyone watched episode 1015 and can still think Yamato isn't joining the crew? Other people have explained this better than me. But Oda cares a lot about themes. And Yamato fits the theme of the characters that have joined.

And she does fit the theme of Oden. Oden was possibly the final Roger pirate? And Oden shook up the power dynamic in that crew. Because Oden was definitely as strong if not stronger than Rayleigh and Scopper.

But Zoro and Sanji are both getting major power ups anyways. And Oda has been putting fire "over" more, meaning this Sanji flame power is going to be very powerful.

And I always like to compare with Blackbeards Crew. Catarina Devon, Mythical Dog vs Mythical Dog.

Luffy had plenty of time to invite Franky, did not happen until the end. Zoro initially invited Usopp, Robin invited herself. So it isn't some uncommon situation. And again it fits Oden as well, because Oden just invited himself onto Whitebeards crew, and WB finally just gave in.

The bond between Yamato and Ace is to strong, for her to not carry on with his brother.
The only thing before episode 1015, I thought would be against her joining, is I thought she knew the ending of Rogers journey, but we found out that those pages are not in Odens journal.

Momo doesn't need her, because all the Scabbards are alive. So she has nothing to do, and knowhere obvious to go. The only natural path is her joining Straw Hats.
I'm assuming you're talking about the pre-requisite sad backstory and a dream when you say themes she fits.

If so I'm aware she has those boxes checked that's why if it happens I won't be blind sided as there are hints she'll join. I just feel there are also hints she may stay behind.

People keep bringing up the parallel of Oden sailing on the PK ship and Yama thinking she's Oden and Luffy being next PK so she'll definitely join. But Oden only sailed with Roger for a year or less, once they reached Laugh Tale he left.

If you're using the parallel as a reason she'll join the parallel has to be complete. So do you think she would join just to sail until they reach Laugh Tale and then leave like Oden did?

As for Franky, Luffy didn't like Franky for almost all of W7/EL. And when exactly was this plenty of time out of curiosity? Luffy was on full tilt since he gets to EL and passes out after his fight with Lucci and iirc never actually comes across Franky at EL until jumping onto Merry.

Robin didn't actually invite herself the same waybYamato is. She snuck on the boat but she does say "I want to join your crew" & "let me join your crew" while blunt it is a request. She then reasoned that Luffy made her live when she wanted to die so it's his responsibility and
He agreed. Notice Robin doesn't tell anyone she's their new crewmate.
You must be registered to see images

You must be registered to see images

Status
Not open for further replies.