2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"The Tower"

One Piece Manga Chapter 1029 Discussion and 1030 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 1029 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 1030

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Fairly entertaining action chapter. A nice Bonney to accompany the bloody Supernova gore fest.

Get in the goddamn suit, Sanji (-Judge). Picking up from last chapter, we get repeated emphasis that Sanji feels pain even if he takes no damage. He lacks that Vinsmoke heart of ice but Sanji is afraid that may be about to change. Leaving the battlefield wouldn't be a bad idea since Evil Sanji could start using the samurai as his personal meatshields. Luckily, Queen has demonstrated he's a hardcore Germa tech addict who will gladly follow Sanji to get his fix. You can easily swap Queen with an okama, the raid suit with a dress to see how deeply traumatizing this must be for Sanji.

Three glorious double spreads to conclude a Supernova showdown. Hawkins's overall participation in Wano hasn't been bad at all as he was involved in Acts 1, 2 and 3 with a fight and multiple skirmishes before this chapter. Kaido's #1 understudy even got a W by locking up Law using his crew as hostages, but it failed him here. Multiple lives, tarot cards, strawman summons, his Goma no Sou form and Kid as a hostage -- Hawkins showcased a little bit of it all, along with the most emotion he's ever expressed with that face. Pain, as it turns out, hurts. His trump card that allows one to surpass their limits may just be the Tower card drawn too late. Hawkins is Worst Gen so I doubt this is the end of his journey, he may help the Wano alliance or save his power for the final arc.

The newest member of the legendary one-armed tribe. Killer's DF power is having the highest IQ among the Supernova so leave it to this genius to discover Appoo's weakness, bypass Kaido's defense with a sonic blade, slicing Hawkins's left arm and more importantly checking inside since that's where dead dolls usually emerge from. Hawkins's 92% chance of victory relied on Killer pleading as he took a beating, but the sadistic Magician was more interested in reducing everyone to his mental state than defeating the Kid Pirates. Kid and Killer climb the pirate world by pushing each other forward and making risky gambles like challenging the Big Mom/Red Hair/Beast Pirates. Hawkins took the safe road with the highest odds only to lie defeated with a missing arm like Kid anyway. It truly is nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Big Mom flipping through the air to nail a spinning sword attack. Should have dressed as Kirby in the last color spread. Kid tanking that is most impressive. The man has barely had a break from fighting Yonko since the rooftop so it's astounding he hasn't fainted once. Law as the ultimate support definitely helps. Hawkins's "Tower" card/chapter title likely had no effect on these two, but it reinforces the narrative that the new generation can longer be stopped by the old guard. The worst outcome for Kid and Law looks like that of Yamato where they merely step aside injured but undefeated, though I would love to see them at least permanently mark Big Mom.

• Wow
Reactions: minamoto

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I remember few years back ppl said WCI was Sanji's arc n Wano will be Zoro's arc.
However it feels like Sanji's arc never ended lol.
Not only he got a strong bloodline (revealed in last arc) n now we see his skin is as good as Armament haki.
On the other hand we still no nothing about Zoro's family side. Oda teased Zoro's family side n then completely skipped it.

Hawkins part was very disappointed. Oda didn't even revealed how his Df works. I mean he got those dolls, straw monster thing, cards n he skipped everything just so that Killer can basically kill him. It seems like Oda now realised that Wano has been stretched too much and it's about time we start finishing everyone in half a chapter.

I will rate it a 3/5

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Fairly entertaining action chapter. A nice Bonney to accompany the bloody Supernova gore fest.

Get in the goddamn suit, Sanji (-Judge). Picking up from last chapter, we get repeated emphasis that Sanji feels pain even if he takes no damage. He lacks that Vinsmoke heart of ice but Sanji is afraid that may be about to change. Leaving the battlefield wouldn't be a bad idea since Evil Sanji could start using the samurai as his personal meatshields. Luckily, Queen has demonstrated he's a hardcore Germa tech addict who will gladly follow Sanji to get his fix. You can easily swap Queen with an okama, the raid suit with a dress to see how deeply traumatizing this must be for Sanji.

Three glorious double spreads to conclude a Supernova showdown. Hawkins's overall participation in Wano hasn't been bad at all as he was involved in Acts 1, 2 and 3 with a fight and multiple skirmishes before this chapter. Kaido's #1 understudy even got a W by locking up Law using his crew as hostages, but it failed him here. Multiple lives, tarot cards, strawman summons, his Goma no Sou form and Kid as a hostage -- Hawkins showcased a little bit of it all, along with the most emotion he's ever expressed with that face. Pain, as it turns out, hurts. His trump card that allows one to surpass their limits may just be the Tower card drawn too late. Hawkins is Worst Gen so I doubt this is the end of his journey, he may help the Wano alliance or save his power for the final arc.

The newest member of the legendary one-armed tribe. Killer's DF power is having the highest IQ among the Supernova so leave it to this genius to discover Appoo's weakness, bypass Kaido's defense with a sonic blade, slicing Hawkins's left arm and more importantly checking inside since that's where dead dolls usually emerge from. Hawkins's 92% chance of victory relied on Killer pleading as he took a beating, but the sadistic Magician was more interested in reducing everyone to his mental state than defeating the Kid Pirates. Kid and Killer climb the pirate world by pushing each other forward and making risky gambles like challenging the Big Mom/Red Hair/Beast Pirates. Hawkins took the safe road with the highest odds only to lie defeated with a missing arm like Kid anyway. It truly is nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Big Mom flipping through the air to nail a spinning sword attack. Should have dressed as Kirby in the last color spread. Kid tanking that is most impressive. The man has barely had a break from fighting Yonko since the rooftop so it's astounding he hasn't fainted once. Law as the ultimate support definitely helps. Hawkins's "Tower" card/chapter title likely had no effect on these two, but it reinforces the narrative that the new generation can longer be stopped by the old guard. The worst outcome for Kid and Law looks like that of Yamato where they merely step aside injured but undefeated, though I would love to see them at least permanently mark Big Mom.
I think Law will be involved in BM's defeat. His name trafalgar and waterlaw(waterloo) are two big battles where Napoleon was defeated. BM's sword, Napoleon.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think Law will be involved in BM's defeat. His name trafalgar and waterlaw(waterloo) are two big battles where Napoleon was defeated. BM's sword, Napoleon.
Yeah sawyer7mage on youtube predicted the same thing, but im more inclined to wanting big mom fall in this arc , not another one like elbaf like most are predicting. Otherwise, we will be going with onepiece till 2030 lol

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah sawyer7mage on youtube predicted the same thing, but im more inclined to wanting big mom fall in this arc , not another one like elbaf like most are predicting. Otherwise, we will be going with onepiece till 2030 lol
I think she'll fall here. I don't see Kid continuing on with us and I think he'll be involved in her defeat as well. I saw a theory recently that Captain Kid is Captain John's son and was looking for something BM took from him after Rocks Pirates split up.

Even if this doesn't end up being true I still think Kid will beat an emperor with help this arc like Luffy seeing as he and Law have been poised to be his rivals.

SH's will enter Elbaf having vanquished their greatest enemy marking a new era where the SH's are A. being known when they arrive in a new land and B. being welcomed into a country as other Yonko are(WB and Shanks primarily)

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think she'll fall here. I don't see Kid continuing on with us and I think he'll be involved in her defeat as well. I saw a theory recently that Captain Kid is Captain John's son and was looking for something BM took from him after Rocks Pirates split up.

Even if this doesn't end up being true I still think Kid will beat an emperor with help this arc like Luffy seeing as he and Law have been poised to be his rivals.

SH's will enter Elbaf having vanquished their greatest enemy marking a new era where the SH's are A. being known when they arrive in a new land and B. being welcomed into a country as other Yonko are(WB and Shanks primarily)
Inbox me the theory

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

The short hand is Kidd is based on William Kidd who had a famous father Captain John Kidd and since he never said what he took from BM the theory ties it to John who loved treasure and sailed with BM.

Also fun/dumb point but John's zombie had purple/pink-ish hair. Maybe when anime red heads get old instead of white their hair turns pale reddish shades?

Status
Not open for further replies.