2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Nobody Important"

One Piece Manga Chapter 1024 Discussion and 1025 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 1024 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 1025

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Bit of a boring and basic backstory, we've seen this or a version of it a couple of times already. The samurai were pretty cool to acknowldege her. This chapter felt like a Strawhat membership formality that we had to get out of the way. I think Oda could've done more with the kid of a yonkou. Well we'll see, maybe there is more to it when she grows up.

Usopp was great this chapter.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
God usopp here to end this war. @Love Cook

Second part of the color spread looking beautiful, although a little more standard like a typical Strawhat spread. Love the Roger in the sky, the Franky-Kid super punk high five, and Sanji's leg actually black for once. The best part is Oda hiding all his shame with a tiny little Woop Slap in the back.

Interesting to see the aftermath of the Tobiroppo fights with Robin out of it from overexerting herself, but Jinbe who took Who's Who's fangs to the face is fighting with nothing more than scuff marks. Usopp bragging about his Shanks-level haki and taking down two dinos is not only more CoC foreshadowing, it may actually have consequences for his post-Wano bounty. Due to the Vivre Cards, we can speculate knowing all the grunt bounties before the arc even concludes.

Food, weapons, Kaido's beaten and tied up daughter. What could be better?:yasu: Yamato's life really is just a sick game to Kai-flamindo. Prisoners Ushimaru, prototype Yamato and Kyoshiro The Dad having a reverse Luffy/Tama moment with Yamato is cute, but they sign their own death warrants by reading Oden's book of spoilers. Ushimaru with the 40-year old Zoro look + the nitoryu style + the Shimotsuki clan/Koshiro dojo emblem + now TWO chapter titles should be Zoro's father. Uncle of Zoro lacks the bang. He was given the label Great Swordsman (Dai Kengou) last chapter that only Mihawk and Ryuma share, but strangely Ushimaru never left any impression for Kaido to see his identical image when fighting Zoro. We'll have to wait for Zoro to visit Ryuma's grave for Onimaru to cough up the complete family history.

Kaido and Yamato celebrate happy bonk day. Epic final spread with the baguas colliding to cap off their gritty family tussle. Hunched over hybrid Kaido with his meaty legs leaping in the air has made me grown to appreciate his form. Yamato now confirmed a CoC + advanced CoC user, telling us she remained cuffed only because she was a prisoner of her own mind. Yamato questions why Kaido is cruel and robs Wano's freedom, but Kaido doesn't have a pre-prepared villain speech and just says it's complicated. Kaido praised Oden before his death, saved Jack from defeat, called his own man Orochi a tyrant, and what kind of death he desires is a mystery. For now, he's fairly complex to break down and we still need more insight on his past experiences.

The mini-flashback slowed down the momentum of the last few chapters but I still liked the chapter overall. I expect Kaido to suffer a nasty wound before defeating Yamato at some point, though I don't see Yamato's role ending just yet. I see an expected Luffy turn up just before Kaidous about to kill Yamato [ Dressrosa vibe]

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yamato for SH confirmed
Idk mate, Jinbei is going to be officially welcomed to the crew this arc. Have we had an arc where we get 2 new SH's?

Plus her fruit is supposedly the guardian diety of Wano and Momo will need help rebuilding even with the Scabbards helping him.

Also if Yamato believes she IS Oden and not just trying to relive his life then Oden already went to sea and wouldn't need to again.

She either has to denounce that she's Oden and sail with Luffy or stick to her conviction of being Oden and stay with Wano.

Relostar Devil

Regular
Kin
326💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Idk mate, Jinbei is going to be officially welcomed to the crew this arc. Have we had an arc where we get 2 new SH's?

Plus her fruit is supposedly the guardian diety of Wano and Momo will need help rebuilding even with the Scabbards helping him.

Also if Yamato believes she IS Oden and not just trying to relive his life then Oden already went to sea and wouldn't need to again.

She either has to denounce that she's Oden and sail with Luffy or stick to her conviction of being Oden and stay with Wano.
She already said in this chapter that she will travel to sea, and she fulfills all the condition of being SH. Abusive childhood, dream and I have read somewhere long back in one of the interview, Oda stated that new female fighter is gonna join SH. There could be two members in one arc to join the crew as jinbei officially became the member in WCI arc. And wano is very big and important arc, we haven't gotten kaidos backstory yet, no clue of BMP.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
She already said in this chapter that she will travel to sea, and she fulfills all the condition of being SH. Abusive childhood, dream and I have read somewhere long back in one of the interview, Oda stated that new female fighter is gonna join SH. There could be two members in one arc to join the crew as jinbei officially became the member in WCI arc. And wano is very big and important arc, we haven't gotten kaidos backstory yet, no clue of BMP.
An abusive childhood is condition to being a straw hat? Zoro's childhood wasn't abusive. Luffy's kind of was but not really. Brook has a tragic past but nothing indicating an abusive childhood. Franky was abandoned, which never shows signs of affecting him, then raised in a loving family with Tom and Iceberg. Usopp's was kind of lonely but not really abusive.

Also her tragic past is essentially Sanji's, it'd be a bit redundant. Abusive, overbearing father who imprisoned their kid, the child rebels and wants to leave.

Speaking of conditions her dream is Oden's dream does she have her own unique dream? Jinbei doesn't have a dream like the rest besides helping make Luffy PK and he joined.

They were talking about holding Jinbei's welcoming ceremony after the raid, he's not "officially" been inducted. Yes he joined the crew at WCI but now is when he joins their adventure. I wasn't saying there CAN'T be 2 joining I just don't think it's likely.

I'm not following you on why Kaido's backstory or the BMP's would have any correlation to Yamato joining SH's?

If you're talking about the 21st anniversary interview he said there would be at least one more SH coming, don't see anything about that SH being female.
Post automatically merged:

God usopp here to end this war. @Love Cook

Second part of the color spread looking beautiful, although a little more standard like a typical Strawhat spread. Love the Roger in the sky, the Franky-Kid super punk high five, and Sanji's leg actually black for once. The best part is Oda hiding all his shame with a tiny little Woop Slap in the back.

Interesting to see the aftermath of the Tobiroppo fights with Robin out of it from overexerting herself, but Jinbe who took Who's Who's fangs to the face is fighting with nothing more than scuff marks. Usopp bragging about his Shanks-level haki and taking down two dinos is not only more CoC foreshadowing, it may actually have consequences for his post-Wano bounty. Due to the Vivre Cards, we can speculate knowing all the grunt bounties before the arc even concludes.

Food, weapons, Kaido's beaten and tied up daughter. What could be better?:yasu: Yamato's life really is just a sick game to Kai-flamindo. Prisoners Ushimaru, prototype Yamato and Kyoshiro The Dad having a reverse Luffy/Tama moment with Yamato is cute, but they sign their own death warrants by reading Oden's book of spoilers. Ushimaru with the 40-year old Zoro look + the nitoryu style + the Shimotsuki clan/Koshiro dojo emblem + now TWO chapter titles should be Zoro's father. Uncle of Zoro lacks the bang. He was given the label Great Swordsman (Dai Kengou) last chapter that only Mihawk and Ryuma share, but strangely Ushimaru never left any impression for Kaido to see his identical image when fighting Zoro. We'll have to wait for Zoro to visit Ryuma's grave for Onimaru to cough up the complete family history.

Kaido and Yamato celebrate happy bonk day. Epic final spread with the baguas colliding to cap off their gritty family tussle. Hunched over hybrid Kaido with his meaty legs leaping in the air has made me grown to appreciate his form. Yamato now confirmed a CoC + advanced CoC user, telling us she remained cuffed only because she was a prisoner of her own mind. Yamato questions why Kaido is cruel and robs Wano's freedom, but Kaido doesn't have a pre-prepared villain speech and just says it's complicated. Kaido praised Oden before his death, saved Jack from defeat, called his own man Orochi a tyrant, and what kind of death he desires is a mystery. For now, he's fairly complex to break down and we still need more insight on his past experiences.

The mini-flashback slowed down the momentum of the last few chapters but I still liked the chapter overall. I expect Kaido to suffer a nasty wound before defeating Yamato at some point, though I don't see Yamato's role ending just yet. I see an expected Luffy turn up just before Kaidous about to kill Yamato [ Dressrosa vibe]
@Yellow well I mean Jinbei is stronger than Robin(durability and physical strength) so it makes sense he's showing less battle wear than Robin.

Relostar Devil

Regular
Kin
326💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
An abusive childhood is condition to being a straw hat? Zoro's childhood wasn't abusive. Luffy's kind of was but not really. Brook has a tragic past but nothing indicating an abusive childhood. Franky was abandoned, which never shows signs of affecting him, then raised in a loving family with Tom and Iceberg. Usopp's was kind of lonely but not really abusive.

Also her tragic past is essentially Sanji's, it'd be a bit redundant. Abusive, overbearing father who imprisoned their kid, the child rebels and wants to leave.

Speaking of conditions her dream is Oden's dream does she have her own unique dream? Jinbei doesn't have a dream like the rest besides helping make Luffy PK and he joined.

They were talking about holding Jinbei's welcoming ceremony after the raid, he's not "officially" been inducted. Yes he joined the crew at WCI but now is when he joins their adventure. I wasn't saying there CAN'T be 2 joining I just don't think it's likely.

I'm not following you on why Kaido's backstory or the BMP's would have any correlation to Yamato joining SH's?

If you're talking about the 21st anniversary interview he said there would be at least one more SH coming, don't see anything about that SH being female.

@Yellow well I mean Jinbei is stronger than Robin(durability and physical strength) so it makes sense he's showing less battle wear than Robin.
What I meant was a tragic/sad backstory not a abusive, wrong choice of words from my side. Yamato clearly said she wants to roam the seas that's her dream now so I guess she will be SH. And what I also believe that after this war, SHs will read odens journal where location of road poneglyph would have been pointed down and that would be the elbaf. Because Elbaf is long due also.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What I meant was a tragic/sad backstory not a abusive, wrong choice of words from my side. Yamato clearly said she wants to roam the seas that's her dream now so I guess she will be SH. And what I also believe that after this war, SHs will read odens journal where location of road poneglyph would have been pointed down and that would be the elbaf. Because Elbaf is long due also.
I agree with you on Elbaf coming soon. I wonder if BM will be handled by then or still chasing SH's?

I'm 50/50 on them reading Oden's journal. Luffy showed with Rayleigh he doesn't really want any tips or hints. Robin might read it but idk.

I get what you're saying about Yamato meeting the "requirements" but like I mentioned Jinbei kind of breaks these requirements so they may not be as definitive signals as they were pre skip.

I feel like Yamato is a misdirect and will stay in her country like Vivi.

We'll see. Hints are there so it won't be too shocking if it happens but I just don't see enough unique things about her that warrant bringing her along. Let her join the fleet or take some samurai who want to explore outside of Wano and be a fleet commander.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Black maria's bounty isn't too far behind Who's who. That's why I made that comment.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Tbh this reasoning doesn't really hit anywhere.

The whole '2 new SHs' argument is very relative. Depending on your POV as much a three people joined the SHs at the end of the Enies Lobby arc (Usopp, Robin & Franky). Yes, two of them had been member previously, but that's kind of it, isn't it? Jinbei has been involved with the Strawhats for several arcs. Recently, he just officially joined their ranks. So, the whole amount thing seems completely irrelevant. In itself there's also no particular problem with multiple new SHs.

I don't really see how her DF being the 'guardian of Wano' should be a hindrance. Yamato might have spent the majority of her life in Wano, but she's Kaidou's daughter and the interaction she had with the rest of Wano was very restricted. I don't really she why she of all people would be required to help rebuild Wano. That's Momo's task. I can hardly imagine he's going to leave Wano, but in the end someone has to finish what Oden started 20 years ago. Someone has to go and from that perspective Yamato is almost perfect. Not only is she hellbent on bringing Oden's ambition a reality, her being Kaidou's daughter could complicate things a lot in post-war Wano (though OP generally doesn't delve that deep in to socio-political matters). It's almost a win-win situation.

Yamato doesn't believe she is Oden and she's not trying to relive his life. She's not crazy. Granted, her approach is rather weird, but we've learned enough about her history and psyche to know she is very well sane. Her approach is simply that as Oden is dead, someone has to become Oden to finish what he started. She can easily leave Wano and still act like 'Oden', there's no conflict here.

The crucial point is that all the SHs joined Luffy because they wanted to join the crew, despite all of them having their own dreams and aspirations. In Yamato's case her purpose is to leave Wano to achieve Oden's goals. Once those are accomplished, what then? Vivi, Carrot & Pedro all tagged along for certain periods of time with the SHs. It's not because Yamato leaves with the SHs that therefore she's going to be an actual member. There's a large grey area here.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Tbh this reasoning doesn't really hit anywhere.

1. The whole '2 new SHs' argument is very relative. Depending on your POV as much a three people joined the SHs at the end of the Enies Lobby arc (Usopp, Robin & Franky). Yes, two of them had been member previously, but that's kind of it, isn't it? Jinbei has been involved with the Strawhats for several arcs. Recently, he just officially joined their ranks. So, the whole amount thing seems completely irrelevant. In itself there's also no particular problem with multiple new SHs.

2. I don't really see how her DF being the 'guardian of Wano' should be a hindrance. Yamato might have spent the majority of her life in Wano, but she's Kaidou's daughter and the interaction she had with the rest of Wano was very restricted. I don't really she why she of all people would be required to help rebuild Wano. That's Momo's task. I can hardly imagine he's going to leave Wano, but in the end someone has to finish what Oden started 20 years ago. Someone has to go and from that perspective Yamato is almost perfect. Not only is she hellbent on bringing Oden's ambition a reality, her being Kaidou's daughter could complicate things a lot in post-war Wano (though OP generally doesn't delve that deep in to socio-political matters). It's almost a win-win situation.

3. Yamato doesn't believe she is Oden and she's not trying to relive his life. She's not crazy. Granted, her approach is rather weird, but we've learned enough about her history and psyche to know she is very well sane. Her approach is simply that as Oden is dead, someone has to become Oden to finish what he started. She can easily leave Wano and still act like 'Oden', there's no conflict here.

4. The crucial point is that all the SHs joined Luffy because they wanted to join the crew, despite all of them having their own dreams and aspirations. In Yamato's case her purpose is to leave Wano to achieve Oden's goals. Once those are accomplished, what then? Vivi, Carrot & Pedro all tagged along for certain periods of time with the SHs. It's not because Yamato leaves with the SHs that therefore she's going to be an actual member. There's a large grey area here.
@1 I didn't say there was a problem with 2 people joining at once I pointed it out it hasn't actually been done yet. Robin joined, officially and sailed with the SHs after, before EL. Same for Usopp. Both are returning in this scenario.

Jinbei has yet to even get the chance to sail from one island to the next with the SH's. This will be the beginning of his journeys with the SH's. He started to leave with them at WCI then stayed back to help them escape. Carrot's been sailing with them longer than Jinbei's had the chance too.

Sure, there's a first time for everything but the pattern implies 1 SH joins.

@2 If you're described as the guardian of a place, say Arizona, it'll be a bit difficult to guard that place of you're traveling around the world. The name implies they'll be there to protect Wano when needed. The beast the fruit allows you to become is the diety so she may or may not feel obliged to keep the guardian in Wano.

Finishing what Oden started is opening Wano's borders though. How is Yamato leaving with Luffy going to help open Wano's borders? Whose to say she won't join Luffy after opening the borders? Or are we assuming everyone will just agree the borders should be open at the moment the raid ends?

The people of Wano persecuted the Kurozumi descendants for a family members crime and one came back to enslave their country and destroy their lives. I don't think they would make the same mistake with Yamato this time especially with Momo in charge who would support her as she support him in this raid.

@3 She said she needs to sail with the Pirate King like Oden did. She is trying to relive the life Oden lived. She's referring to herself as Oden not as someone just trying to fulfill his dreams. She's at the least a bit delusional.

You said she wants to become Oden to finish his dream but leaving Wano would be going backwards on the track to opening the borders.

@4 her purpose is to leave wano to achieve Oden's goal. All the SH's joined....despite having their own dream. And there's the hiccup, Yamato's dream isn't her dream it's Oden's and idk how Luffy will take to someone who's following the dream of someone else.

"It's not because Yamato leaves with the SHs that therefore she's going to be an actual member. There's a large grey area here."

Isn't that the same thing I said by saying idk she'll be a SH but maybe a fleet member in my follow up post?

Status
Not open for further replies.