707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Two Peas In A Pod"

One Piece Manga Chapter 1023 Discussion and 1024 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 1023 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 1024

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: minamoto

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
good chapter :)... sanji and zolo powerz will level up and if they defeat king and qween they be very very close to admiral level...

Sanji body feel weird could be duo to okama modification on him rather then german66 lieneage factor blooom...

• Angry
Reactions: Erikhog

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This probably is my favorite chapter this year. A gift that keeps on giving.

I love how all the bystanders are hyping up the fight that is taking place between King, Queen, Zoro and Sanji. Such intensity that no one is to interfere.

Some backstory on Zoro's lineage, being linked to Ryuuma. I wonder if that will have some implications later on. It's probably one of the reasons that he is able to handle Enma.

Also something up with Sanji, is there something special with his body. Could it be activated by the raid suit ?

Neko and Inu being straight up savages getting the revenge for their fallen comrades. I hope they kill Perospero and Jack. They're no Strawhats, they have a license to kill.

And the star of the chapter is Momo who sacrificed years of his life to become a badass and will guide Luffy to the final battlefield to save his country. I can't wait to see what he looks like in human form.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Damn it was almost a perfect chapter.
I feel King is definitely one of the strongest commander as he's compared to the Gods by WB himself. That being said I definitely liked some of the parts of this chapter n felt Oda should have put certain part at the beginning.

1)Sanji part:
I think Oda's ready to explain how Sanji can use Fire technique without any df ability. I believe Judge either tried to clone Kings race or somehow managed to put DNA of that lost race in Sanji. However he thought it didn't work n considered Sanji as a failed experiment till he saw he can use Fire tech without any suit or weapon.

2)Zoro Shimotsuki part:
This part was unnecessary as he has fought with Ryuma n travelled with Yasui and they never pointed anything yet the non clan members think he could be a Shimotsuki.
It's like Madara and Obito can't figure Sasuke as Uchiha but Gaara could lol.

3)Dukes part:
I feel this got overshadowed and Oda should have started the chapter with Dukes v Jack n Perospero and then should have moved to Sanji/Zoro Vs All stars. As to be honest after seeing Sanji n Zoro in action I wanted more of that then Dukes thinking past stuff.

4)Ending Part:
Finally Mono is now a full grown Dragon n ready to take Luffy back to Onigashima. Lol Laws crew thought Kaido was there. Even made me think wtf Kaido doing there.

I would rate it 4.5/5.

Reactions: WhistleBlower

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
[Absolutely gorgeous first character poll spread. Looks like Oda bumped up Kaido and Big Mom to top 50 then split this between Wano characters, WCI characters and the Shichibukai.
Katakuri using Mogura + Awakening + Donuts + Spike Mochi at the same time, I need it as a poster.]

The DNA tests are back and Sanji just found out he's part Nika. Zoro and Sanji treat us to a very rare and very enjoyable 2v2 with big action panels, intense shading and good choreography. It's a dream come true, that and Zoro using his mouth sword against King The Barber. Another Zoro and Ushimaru/Ryuma parallel, though it's interesting Ryuma lost an eye after Monsters. Bizarre that Queen questions Sanji's ability to generate fire in an arc where Holdem's lion, puppy Wanyudo, Black Maria's spider and Kin'emon swinging his sword can all do it. It's not something Sanji may be able to wave away anymore seeing as how Judge's raid suit is causing a strange reaction in his body. With Luffy and Zoro getting AdCoC on top of Ryou and Enma, just putting on a raid suit was not going to be enough for Sanji.

The Lunarian black sheep of the family. King's race gets named as another lunar tribe tying them directly to the Skypeians/Shandians/Birkans that used to live on the moon. Maybe a genetic split took place with the white wing angels on one end and the black devils with fire powers on the other, much like the human-ish Elbaf Giants versus the demonic Ancient Giants. So the Red Line is not an artifical construct, a "God's Land" (not God Valley not Skypeia) existed up there, the ancient Celestials took it for themselves and you have to imagine "Sun God" Nika is central to all of this. There's a lot to piece together but I'll wait until the King fight is over.

When Fukurokuju flying with earlobes is not the silliest part of the chapter, suddenly you understand why Jack never goes hybrid. :catblush:Centaur mammoth Jack is a fresh take on mammal hybrids even if looks like his regular torso and arms were just plastered on top of the elephant. However, Jack being Jack, still gets tossed allowing Inuarashi to find moonlight from the rooftop hole where snow was falling on Ashura last chapter. Grab some popcorn with that grass Carrot, Perospero's face says it all as I can't see Raizo and the Sulong boys losing their fights now.

He's an overgrown pink baby and his name is not Senor Pink. Cool shot of dragon Momo, consistent with his child form's 2 horns as opposed to dragon Kaido having 4 horns and his hybrid with 6 horns total. A symbolic development showing an immature cowardly crybaby has forced himself to grow up throughout Onigashima and now sacrificed 20 years of his youth to help Wano in its time of crisis. While human Momo looking like Oden would be interesting in the context of Yamato, it's possible he took on Sukiyaki's appearance with matching topknots, the man whose birth screwed the Kurozomi clan and the death Orochi was directly responsible for. Bonney probably won't get Kuma'd to Wano as time only moving forward is a recurring theme of the arc, so I'd say this is permanent and Shogun Momo is eliminated from joining the crew.

Wonderful action chapter, can't wait for Luffy and Momo to reach the roof and make Kaido do the face. :horus::huh::nosh::stone:

• Wow
Reactions: minamoto

Relostar Devil

Regular
Kin
326💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
[Absolutely gorgeous first character poll spread. Looks like Oda bumped up Kaido and Big Mom to top 50 then split this between Wano characters, WCI characters and the Shichibukai.
Katakuri using Mogura + Awakening + Donuts + Spike Mochi at the same time, I need it as a poster.]

The DNA tests are back and Sanji just found out he's part Nika. Zoro and Sanji treat us to a very rare and very enjoyable 2v2 with big action panels, intense shading and good choreography. It's a dream come true, that and Zoro using his mouth sword against King The Barber. Another Zoro and Ushimaru/Ryuma parallel, though it's interesting Ryuma lost an eye after Monsters. Bizarre that Queen questions Sanji's ability to generate fire in an arc where Holdem's lion, puppy Wanyudo, Black Maria's spider and Kin'emon swinging his sword can all do it. It's not something Sanji may be able to wave away anymore seeing as how Judge's raid suit is causing a strange reaction in his body. With Luffy and Zoro getting AdCoC on top of Ryou and Enma, just putting on a raid suit was not going to be enough for Sanji.
Holdem, Black Maria, kinemon are all df user so it's fruit ability which allows them to use it and Sanji ain't a fruit eater that's why queen questioned him... It was even stated in the chapter that he "ain't df user than also how come you are able to generate fire"... And also I guess that strange reaction to his body is what I think will be a some kind of a trigger to a new power up to Sanji because even I don't think Sanji in raid suit will be able to take down queens hybrid form and king isn't in his hybrid form yet and he is the number one in the crew after kaido so it's natural for him to be stronger than queen and rest of them.... So it's natural for Zoro also to have advance CoC to so that he can be on equal level with king!

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Holdem, Black Maria, kinemon are all df user so it's fruit ability which allows them to use it and Sanji ain't a fruit eater that's why queen questioned him... It was even stated in the chapter that he "ain't df user than also how come you are able to generate fire"... And also I guess that strange reaction to his body is what I think will be a some kind of a trigger to a new power up to Sanji because even I don't think Sanji in raid suit will be able to take down queens hybrid form and king isn't in his hybrid form yet and he is the number one in the crew after kaido so it's natural for him to be stronger than queen and rest of them.... So it's natural for Zoro also to have advance CoC to so that he can be on equal level with king!
Holdem and Black Maria, fair enough.
But kinnemons devil Fruit has nothing to do with devil Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.