Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

"The Stars Take the Stage"

One Piece Manga Chapter 1022 Discussion and 1023 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 1022 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 1023

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: minamoto

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

it was good chapter..i ma glad to see zoro sanji combo again..

poor ecstaz kid he got tricked by bazil hawkin..how he gona defeat him now..

if lufy frees wano..it gona be a emergency sirene for dragon nobles...lufy's bounty will tripple...

bigest benifitor is gona be blackbeard.. : " hey lufy thanks for doing job for me of eliminating my rivalz.."..

-big mama wil have heart change...she will become good character but that after she get her ass kicked..

-kaido will die..lufy for first time in series wil kill someone..kaido will even thank him for that cuz in death lies wisdome ..but me love see a diferent scenario of luffy teaching kaido lesson of how to apreciatte life and..

-btw my one piece treasure theory is almost ready..it's teh best greatest closesst to teh truth theory...it's mindblown never seen before theory...i know why roger laughted at raftel :)))...i'll have AB have teh pride of hosting this greatest theory of mine :)))..

thx for reading..

Reactions: TheKnightOfTheSea

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
BEST TWO PAGES OF THIS CHAPTER:

A pretty hype transition chapter with some minor character focus. Best part is we're back to a regular schedule.

The arc doomsday countdown begins. There's only 15 minutes until Onigashima completes the second half of its journey and reaches the capital. Retroactively, you can look at everything from 998 to 1021 as taking place within 15 minutes. However the dawn doesn't look like it's 15 minutes away, setting up Momo for his own hour of legend. An Odabox prouncing the Tobiroppo defeated is more or less the story itself calling the fights. Page One and Ulti don't get panels but they were already declared down in 1016. The interesting part is Who's Who's mask not crumbling to reveal his face. As the CP0 said they must confirm his death and possibly identify the body before they leave Wano, it would seem there is one special scene left for this cat.

Raizo's catching earlobe whips as the side character fights get serious. He explains his ninja way that a retainer should only serve a master he desires to die for even beyond death, so why is Fukurokuju loyal to Orochi? Because he's the current Shogun...just ignore his execution and new Shogun Yamato. And I thought big head was smart for attacking the one Raizo clone with bandages.

When a man can't point an arrow and monologue in peace without getting slashed in the face, you know this Pedro thing has gone too far. A Scabbard update reminds us that three samurai are down, three are fighting, and three in Denjiro/Kawa/Izo are stuck in limbo. Maybe one should have stayed behind to help Inu fight Jack. Neko vs Perospero comes with an interesting caveat in that this battle is taking place outside where Carrot and Wanda went down. I would really hate to be a candy man right now.

The magician's ace in the hole. Cut to Hawkins, lamentably, putting away his scarecrow form as he's nearly out of dolls and hasn't put a scratch on Killer in the process. Can't even play cards without extra lives. He remains arrogant as his current doll is Eustass (in the middle of a three way staring contest with Big Mom and Law), turning this fight into an intellectual challenge for the Massacre Soldier. This bluff didn't work against Law but this time sadistic Hawkins doesn't seem to mind dying for Kaido to pull one over on Killer.

Killer might gravely wound him by slicing Kid's fake arm. We're in trouble if Hawkins get desperate and points a blade at his own throat.

King and Queen the dynamic duo. I'm in awe of one physically imposing panel after another reminding us these two are almost as big as Jack and Kaido, even if a hybrid bracchio giving Queen barely half a meter in height is short of expecations. They dominate the battlefield roasting the traitors, knocking Sanji back, and seemingly depleting Marco which never happened in Marineford. Our burd got one final scene stopping King from unleashing his inner Akainu punch, what Marco couldn't do for Ace. The YC1 phoenix who was all over Marineford like a bad rash now takes a backseat and lets Luffy's wings take flight. What a glorious Zoro/Sanji moment.

A nice tidbit of lore regarding King's race this chapter gives me some ideas.

I find it fascinating that Oda assigned elemental attributes to the three non-human races with the Fishmen having water manipulation, Minks with electricity, and now King's racial fire ability. Their strongest members just happen to be tied up in this arc with King + Inu/Neko + Jinbe/Jack. I could see their current circumstances as a result of a Void Century cleansing for fear of their monstrous apperance and abilities. The Fishmen escaped 10k meters under the sea, the Minks climbed on top a giant elephant constantly on the move and shrouded in mist, while King's race was not so lucky and got wiped out from the top of the Red Line where Mary Geiose was to be built. I cannot wait to find out the secrets behind this man.

Last edited:

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
BEST TWO PAGES OF THIS CHAPTER:

I'm curious how Hawkins managed to get a puppet doll connected to Kid. I had believed hawkins power was limited to the other persons haki similar to Law not being able to 'room' kaidou/big mom.
I always believed Kid to be stronger , and stronger willed than hawkins so how come he got targetted so easily. I wonder how killer will get out of this tricky situation hmm.

100%, the strawhats bounties are gonna skyrocket after this arc.
blakbold : i think mystery is how hawkin produce straw pupets on all pipole not just on kid (or maybe i missed something...)

my theory he only need to touch dem with his hand or straw sword..

also tis chapter might prove how killer is stronger then hawkinz...wich also means kidd >> basil hawkinz..

but now i have theory : law might remove heart of kidd or some trick like that in order to save kids life...

or what if law already have basil hawkin heart...they met befor in prison didnt they?????..

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Woooow what a chapter, hope they give this one the nice animation treatment once they reach this point in the anime.

I almost thought Marco was going to bite it, but he just wanted to give the stars a flashy entrance.

To hit them with a classic Oni Giri and Mutton Shot combo is satisfying to see. Attacks that were introduced over 20 years ago are now used in the endgame.

I also hope Perospero gets mauled to death.

Can't wait for the coming chapters. Awesome fights are coming.

Shellshocked

Kin
378💸
Kumi
43💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
it was good chapter..i ma glad to see zoro sanji combo again..

poor ecstaz kid he got tricked by bazil hawkin..how he gona defeat him now..

if lufy frees wano..it gona be a emergency sirene for dragon nobles...lufy's bounty will tripple...

bigest benifitor is gona be blackbeard.. : " hey lufy thanks for doing job for me of eliminating my rivalz.."..

-big mama wil have heart change...she will become good character but that after she get her ass kicked..

-kaido will die..lufy for first time in series wil kill someone..kaido will even thank him for that cuz in death lies wisdome ..but me love see a diferent scenario of luffy teaching kaido lesson of how to apreciatte life and..

-btw my one piece treasure theory is almost ready..it's teh best greatest closesst to teh truth theory...it's mindblown never seen before theory...i know why roger laughted at raftel :)))...i'll have AB have teh pride of hosting this greatest theory of mine :)))..

thx for reading..
When you going to bless us with your anzing theory minimon

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
When you going to bless us with your anzing theory minimon
gime a month or 2 or maximum maximum 3 🙏🙏... reason why is i'm waiting for something in wano arc to hapen...plus i have job and seriouz life to deal wit too...

-i figured it out i promise you i don't lie :) and u'll be mindblown after reading my theory...all i'm asking u is to be patient lilt bit :)..

Shellshocked

Kin
378💸
Kumi
43💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
gime a month or 2 or maximum maximum 3 🙏🙏... reason why is i'm waiting for something in wano arc to hapen...plus i have job and seriouz life to deal wit too...

-i figured it out i promise you i don't lie :) and u'll be mindblown after reading my theory...all i'm asking u is to be patient lilt bit :)..
You been telling me about this theory for awhile I’m ready to see what the hyped about bro

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The chapter was good.

I find this Hawkins character really interesting now. He lost to Zoro n Law yet he didn't switch side. Even tho he clearly said this chapter that Apoo betrayed him too n it was best for his interest to ally with Kaido. This could only mean that Kaido's chance of winning this war is far greater than Luffys or that's what his cards must have shown. So it's basically protagonist will vs antagonist luck that's gonna unfold in upcoming chapter.
Not to forget that his weird ability to make dolls is another mystery which I hope Oda explains before taking him out.

One thing which I think Oda missed was the status of Dinosaur duos. When they showed that flying six were out they didn't showed Pay pay or Ulti. Now I hope they are gone bcus Oda just teased Commander Lvl fights about to begin. And I personally don't want to again see Ulti running n headbutting SHs again.

I will rate it 4/5.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The chapter was good.

I find this Hawkins character really interesting now. He lost to Zoro n Law yet he didn't switch side. Even tho he clearly said this chapter that Apoo betrayed him too n it was best for his interest to ally with Kaido. This could only mean that Kaido's chance of winning this war is far greater than Luffys or that's what his cards must have shown. So it's basically protagonist will vs antagonist luck that's gonna unfold in upcoming chapter.
Not to forget that his weird ability to make dolls is another mystery which I hope Oda explains before taking him out.

One thing which I think Oda missed was the status of Dinosaur duos. When they showed that flying six were out they didn't showed Pay pay or Ulti. Now I hope they are gone bcus Oda just teased Commander Lvl fights about to begin. And I personally don't want to again see Ulti running n headbutting SHs again.

I will rate it 4/5.
Well that's only if his card ability is actually working, or it is just a scam he uses to justify his own actions. Pretty much how people are using Tarrot cards in real life.

The funny thing is that there are three groups of people in this game: the skeptics, the fortune tellers and the gullible people. But there is only one group of people who believe it's real and it ain't the fortune tellers.

If I was in the situation Hawkins was right now, I know I would be siding with Kaidou and Big Mom. Don't need a deck of cards for that decision.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well that's only if his card ability is actually working, or it is just a scam he uses to justify his own actions. Pretty much how people are using Tarrot cards in real life.
Throughout the series Hawkins was shown using his cards to predict the future outcomes.

You must be registered to see images

His cards are shows him the probability of success/submission/escape/defeat/death etc. And itts not like one time event. It was shown multiple instances by now

So I doubt its a scam. Either his cards have some sorta DF ability or he has the type of observation haki where he can predict future to a certain extent.

If I was in the situation Hawkins was right now, I know I would be siding with Kaidou and Big Mom. Don't need a deck of cards for that decision.
If I am not wrong Hawkins was defeated by Law before Kaido and BM entered into an alliance. So he must have read something about Luffy, Law, Kid n Killer. This will further explain how he was so sure that he stood no chance against Kid n Killer but has a 92% chance of beating killer if he fights with him alone.

Now I am not saying he choose the wrong side as anyone will obviously choose Yonkos over Supernovas but in this instance I felt if he saw outcomes like Kid/Luffy/ Law will surive this raid then he should have been neutral rather than attacking head on when he knew he cant beat Kid n Killer at the same time.

• Wow
Reactions: minamoto

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Throughout the series Hawkins was shown using his cards to predict the future outcomes.

His cards are shows him the probability of success/submission/escape/defeat/death etc. And itts not like one time event. It was shown multiple instances by now

So I doubt its a scam. Either his cards have some sorta DF ability or he has the type of observation haki where he can predict future to a certain extent.

If I am not wrong Hawkins was defeated by Law before Kaido and BM entered into an alliance. So he must have read something about Luffy, Law, Kid n Killer. This will further explain how he was so sure that he stood no chance against Kid n Killer but has a 92% chance of beating killer if he fights with him alone.

Now I am not saying he choose the wrong side as anyone will obviously choose Yonkos over Supernovas but in this instance I felt if he saw outcomes like Kid/Luffy/ Law will surive this raid then he should have been neutral rather than attacking head on when he knew he cant beat Kid n Killer at the same time.
hawking could saw futur via cards and smply lied about it...just sayin it's one posibility...

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
hawking could saw futur via cards and smply lied about it...just sayin it's one posibility...
His abilities are really interesting. From making those dolls to that weird scarecrow looking thing.

I do believe he had some sort of future sight which explains how he's giving possibilities (0-100%) as if he can see thru various outcomes like Dr Strange (Marvel) in short amount of time. I don't think card readers can be that sure while predicting someone's future.
But then again we are like 110chapter deep now n he will take another major 'L' in next few chapter. So I doubt Oda will go that deep with him.

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
His abilities are really interesting. From making those dolls to that weird scarecrow looking thing.

I do believe he had some sort of future sight which explains how he's giving possibilities (0-100%) as if he can see thru various outcomes like Dr Strange (Marvel) in short amount of time. I don't think card readers can be that sure while predicting someone's future.
But then again we are like 110chapter deep now n he will take another major 'L' in next few chapter. So I doubt Oda will go that deep with him.
maybe he use someting like mantra and haki that predict future..i mean what if tarot card predict isn't related to hawking evil fruit???..that could be very posible no???...

now lets dig more into tis : mystery isn't how hawking creat those straw pupets...but how some evil fruits have magical powerz..

like evil fruit that alows travel in futur... tis imo are neither paramesia nor lojia and nor zoans...that is one big mystery bro...

Status
Not open for further replies.