2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Demonio"

One Piece Manga Chapter 1021 Discussion and 1022 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 1021 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 1022

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Woaaah What did I read ?

Robin's giant form was already cool, then the fishman karate came out which was even cooler. Jimbei will be proud of her. Then years after receiving the moniker of demon child, forced upon her by the World Government, she finally accepts her title and turns into an actual demon. Brook's and Sanji's trust in Robin was paid back in double.

But the bravest person award goes to Momo, willing to head back to the battlefield despite his fear of Kaidou and heights and ready to sacrifice years of his life to receive a gon (HxH) like power-up. That's some next level dedication, and also kinda poetic that it now is his turn to give up his life in the Kozuki family, just like his parents and sister did before him.

I wonder if they will go through with it. On the one hand I kinda want to see tween Momo following in his father's footsteps. On the other hand I hope he also can keep a part of his innocence and learn about the world in his own pace.

Relostar Devil

Regular
Kin
326💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Robin unlocked get haki...!!!!! GODA you beast... If anyone wants to see the momo giant form then go back to chapter 310. Everything, every arc was setup from the very intial stage in odas mind.. Goda!!

• Wow
Reactions: WhistleBlower

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
A splendid Robin chapter. I did not imagine she would ever get a fight this good. Franky and Senor Pink sharing a drink is one of the best covers of them all, I only wish it was part of the main story.

Gigante Fleur: giant wacky inflatable arms girl. Robin and Black Maria treat us to a very creative fight given the versatility of their powers. Robin summons snake arms and a giant corpse (only good for getting beat up it seems) from the floor. Even if Maria sets it on fire, Robin could have just sprouted limbs on the roof, walls or directly on Maria's back. Too broken. Oda doesn't protect his girl like Nami and shows us Robin getting sliced, beaten, spitting blood and collapsing to add to the tension and struggle. Nice bit of smarts and technique at play too as Robin palms the roof like Sabo would a colosseum to bring down rubble, leading to a mid-battle flashback on what Robin picked up from the Revs.

Robin using palm heel thrusts like a martial artist the entire time. Her training with Sabo and Koala was right under our noses.

You must be registered to see images

Black Maria is all woman, maybe an itsy bit spider given all those puns. She felt a quasi-Mythical Zoan the entire time with a half human/half Zoan form like Marco but with two heads, emitting hallucination mist, fingertip webs powerful enough to restrain Sanji, poison tip legs and a head that spits fire because why not. This spider couldn't match the raw physicality of the dinos having to put on a brass knuckle to pound Robin, but her endless trickery gave her a creative arsenal to challenge Robin at every turn. She met all my expectations of a minor female antagonist, I can see why Oda figured another Zoan transformation was unnecessary.

Can't say Robin didn't warn her.

You must be registered to see images

Robin unleashes her inner Devil Child all grown up. In a battle where she was labeled a burden to her own crew, a mere tool to be sacrificed by other Strawhats like Sanji, reminded of her cursed existence through Ohara illusions, it's very fitting that Robin becomes the demon Black Maria was mocking. The menacing Hakuba-like shading, horns and bat wings look like the Hana Hana made a dark "Bat Flower" bloom this time. Robin spitting Maria's words back in her face using a submission hold with a leg choke to end it all was devastating. Robin may have picked up new martial arts recently, but she's first and foremost an expert grappler.

Brook as classy as ever, using a G-Cleft to finish the peanut gallery for his part. Given that every shot of Kunyun makes this Number look smaller than a typical giant, it's not too impressive and I hope Brook plays a key role in protecting Robin in her vulnerable state.

Gonna be real awkward pairing adult Momo with little Tama. Oda cuts to the chase as Caribou was brought in to feed Luffy and does exactly that. The cliffhanger is Momo putting in an odd request that Shinobu make him into a man. Pause. Turns out the Juku Juku only affecting the inanimate was apparently a mistranslation. Momo may desire a mature body to join the fight or simply have the strength to fly to Onigashima. Perhaps he's thinking something greater like countering Kaido's massive dragon clouds. Wouldn't mind seeing the badass pink dragon from Chapter 310 or adult Momo picking up Ame no Habakiri. If Momo really needs to return to a childish body post-Wano, the Scabbards can go on a cover story serial to find Jewelry Bonney.

Quite impressed with how each fight has been better than the last. I cannot wait to see what's in store for Kaido's commanders.

Reactions: Jokey and Love Cook

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Basically another power up a character received from flashback n the said character never shown this sort of power up when he/she was struggling in previous arc. So it's basically another G4 sort of situation that was shown in this chapter.
Nevertheless it was a good action packed chapter with Robin v Maria.
Certain things which again kinda makes no sense is Shinobu's power. If she can change the age of Momo then the power is same as Bonney's power minus she can revert back to the age she was before. So it's like 2 identical df in OPverse.
Another thing that I didn't liked was how Caribou has rationed 1month of supply within a week and ppl of Wano has no idea about it. They are enjoying whatever festival going on and Caribou stole their meat. Not to forget he didn't even knew how he gonna escape Wano but falls outanowhere to help our hero. Was this part required? I don't know. It's just like Luffy running out of gas back in dressrosa so that he can be carried by fodders just to one shot Doffy later on.
Still it was a decent chapter. I Will give it a 4/5.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Now I'm interested if we'll see 'cus I always thought it kind of worked like Bon Clay's where she needed to activate and deactivate it.
I don't think Bonney's powers are permanent, I think it just is an effect. Just like Tsuru's and Foxy's powers.
Yeah Um it's confusing because pre timeskip she turned marines into kids and old men.
On the other hand, she turned herself to a kid when trying to stop zoro from killing the celestial dragon in sabondy.
Then she reverted herself to adult.

Similarly, post timeskip she changed her appearance to an old lady to sneak into Mary Jo'a

Status
Not open for further replies.