707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Robin VS. Black Maria"

One Piece Manga Chapter 1020 Discussion and 1021 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 1020 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 1021

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

• Wow
Reactions: minamoto

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Another nice battle thriller for a chapter. I can see why Denjiro threw away the pomp, got tired of waking up with hair in his mouth.

Beware of Dogmato. Kaido and Yamato repeat their act like cats and dogs, but we do get a blast exchange and Yamato's DF name for our troubles. The Mythical Inu Inu, model: Ooguchi no Makami is a rather unpredictable choice as it turns out to be one of Japan's many wolves/dogs enshrined as guardians, this one guided Prince Yamato Takeru through a forest. Namuji Hyouga looks a frost breath attack countering Kaido's Blast Breath. Yamato the white wolf with frost powers sounds sweet, although I can't think of any specific story application for Yamato freezing something (the waves around Wano?) or why Kaido wanted this power. It would be very Oda for Kaido/Yamato's clash to mirror Brook's Cold Soul VS the Wanyudo's flaming man-pup in the same chapter.

[ This is what Dogmato probably looks like. Just missing Kaido's collar and some sideboob. ]
You must be registered for see images

[Hopefully the Monkey D./Marco/Yamato Momotaro trio get a scene together, otherwise Inuarashi got replaced as top dog for nothing.]

A lady with lots of arms fights a lady with lots of legs. Fantastic that Brook and Robin are getting some desperately needed action, but sad that Black Maria's tattoo and chest are now bandaged after the cruelest nipple twister took place off panel. Black Maria doesn't shine much in combat as she swings and misses all chapter, but I do love how this Zoan springs another clever trap with a mysterious Illusion Mist getting Robin and Brook to see their loved ones in place of their enemies. Brook completely unaffected like a man who hallucinated enough for dozens of lifetimes in the Florian Triangle is just awesome. A shame the skeleton has been downgraded to the cute Kunyun and Gifters as Tama's minions failed to appear, but Robin and a giant naked Robin soloing Black Maria is great to put her on the same level with the others.

When Luffy needs to fly, but he forgot his Sanji back home.:jay-he: Just like Queen, Black Maria ranks the Strawhats (with Jinbe mistaken as an ally) by bounty with no room for nuance. Some F6 bounties would really put into perspective why Maria looks down on Sanji. Oda has this idea, mentioned in SBS 73, that Zoro and Sanji are Luffy's wings to go along with Luffy's need to fly this chapter. It's precious that Strawhats like Robin echo this level of respect for the left and right hand men. Whether it simply means Zoro and Sanji are Luffy's top subordinates or this analogy is going beyond to describe them as supporters who allow Luffy to take to greater heights is an interesting idea I'm sure will be expanded upon in the future.

Caribou Swamp Storage: meat, mermaids, ninjas, you name it and we supply it. Caribou already fed Luffy in Udon so he's the MVP of the Wano characters missing in Onigashima and im hoping he gives luffy meat to recoup.
Shinobu and Momo landed in the Wano mainland, presumably with the help of a ninja kite, now meeting Luffy and the Heart Pirates. Don't need snail minutes when you got VOAT. Luffy not only needs to fly with Momo but also refuel, like someone who was beaten raw rather than taking a haki time out.

No break this week fortunately, not with Robin and Brook's fights dangling in our faces.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This was a bad chapter especially after a delay.
Reason:
1)Maria saying SHs will betray Robin:

You must be registered to see images

-It makes literally no sense considering the fact that they declared war on WG for her
-I guess Maria skipped the entire Ennies lobby arc lol.

2)Kaido and Yamato interaction
-Ch1019- I never intended for u to eat it

Ch1020- It was a mistake to let a wannabe to eat it

It's like same interaction we got in 2 consecutive chapters and it kinda contradicts.

3)Find more meat

This is complete BS. Laws crew said there's nothing more left and now Caribou has what secret meat stashed in middle of no-where.

4)Luffy remained calm

-This is complete opposite of Luffy. I mean he went full berserk when Kaido blasted that mountain and now when he learnt that Kinemon is no more he asking Momo to remain calm. It's like Luffy is out of character.

5)Luffy forgot flight ability?

-He got G4 which gives flight ability. He got G3 which gives him a huge boost to jump really high but still he wants to rely on Momo's df which he can't even control properly. Again makes no sense.

I will rate it a 1/5.

• Love

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Reason:

-It makes literally no sense considering the fact that they declared war on WG for her

It's like same interaction we got in 2 consecutive chapters and it kinda contradicts.

3)Find more meat

This is complete BS. Laws crew said there's nothing more left and now Caribou has what secret meat stashed in middle of no-where.

4)Luffy remained calm

-This is complete opposite of Luffy. I mean he went full berserk when Kaido blasted that mountain and now when he learnt that Kinemon is no more he asking Momo to remain calm. It's like Luffy is out of character.

-He got G4 which gives flight ability. He got G3 which gives him a huge boost to jump really high but still he wants to rely on Momo's df which he can't even control properly. Again makes no sense.

I will rate it a 1/5.
very tru...but no for some fanz...criticizin odda is some sort of desrespect and hatred...dey'll just hate on u for stating a honest opinion...

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Reason:

3)Find more meat

4)Luffy remained calm

I will rate it a 1/5.
Idk if you're just looking for things to complain about or if you're genuinely this displeased, either way a lot of these are very easily explained.

1. Didn't the WG say when discussing Luffy's bounty at one point how the truth of the Enies Lobby incident was suppressed? Why would Maria know that? Maria is working off the history of Robin the world has as a pirate who jumped from crew to crew.

2. Kaido didn't plan for Yamato to eat the fruit. He had the fruit waiting for the right person(we don't know who) but at some point Yamato convinced Kaido to let her have it and her being his daughter he agreed likely assuming giving her something she wanted would bring her closer to him, which we know it didn't. No contradiction here.

3. Caribou can store stuff inside his body, that's how he was kidnapping people. As a pirate with an ability to store an unlimited amount of resources inside him what are the odds he doesn't have emergency rations? That's like thinking Bege wouldn't have meat in his castle. No contradiction here.

4. Luffy isn't telling him to stay calm, he's telling Momo to stay resolved. He saw Momo waivering and thinking of quitting at the thought of losing Kinemon so Luffy told him to save his tears for later.

5. Luffy using G4(or any energy for that matter) going to Onigashima is that much less energy he'll have for the fight with Kaido which as we've seen he clearly needs as much energy as he can get. Plus this is Momo's fight too he should be there for the end. Moments of great strain can yield the best result and this is the day Momo learns to use his power.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Idk if you're just looking for things to complain about or if you're genuinely this displeased, either way a lot of these are very easily explained.
This is simple observation. None of these have any simple explanation. Rather Oda wants readers to fill these gaps even tho it's confusing, contradicting and half of them makes zero to no sense.

1. Didn't the WG say when discussing Luffy's bounty at one point how the truth of the Enies Lobby incident was suppressed? Why would Maria know that? Maria is working off the history of Robin the world has as a pirate who jumped from crew to crew.
They got full Ennies Lobby team sitting in Wano. They got a ex-Cipher Pol member who most prolly knows how CP works and how info flow within their channels yet you think they won't gather this info when they very well knew SHs were in Wano n now they need to capture Robin?

2. Kaido didn't plan for Yamato to eat the fruit. He had the fruit waiting for the right person(we don't know who) but at some point Yamato convinced Kaido to let her have it and her being his daughter he agreed likely assuming giving her something she wanted would bring her closer to him, which we know it didn't. No contradiction here.
@bold Read the panels again. Yamato never convinced his father. She said she was hungry so she ate it. And it's clear that Kaido never wanted her to eat it.

3. Caribou can store stuff inside his body, that's how he was kidnapping people. As a pirate with an ability to store an unlimited amount of resources inside him what are the odds he doesn't have emergency rations? That's like thinking Bege wouldn't have meat in his castle. No contradiction here.
Stealing treasure is one thing and keeping large stock of meat is other thing lol. Not to forget they are in middle of nowhere and Caribou didn't said he has got meat stored in his chamber. He said he will look for some. This itself makes no sense unless Carribou's ship/crew is nearby them and they have stocked large amount of meat in their ship.

But even if I assume that he had some hidden stash of meat in his pocket what's the probability thats enough for Luffy to get back in working condition?

4. Luffy isn't telling him to stay calm, he's telling Momo to stay resolved. He saw Momo waivering and thinking of quitting at the thought of losing Kinemon so Luffy told him to save his tears for later.
Momo's resolve is breaking that's understandable. Alliance is still not in a good shape and the top fighters in Kaido's crew(Commanders, BM n Kaido) is still in good shape. Even Luffy lost to Kaido. But in that panel Luffy isn't showing any anger even tho he heard Kin is gone.

5. Luffy using G4(or any energy for that matter) going to Onigashima is that much less energy he'll have for the fight with Kaido which as we've seen he clearly needs as much energy as he can get. Plus this is Momo's fight too he should be there for the end. Moments of great strain can yield the best result and this is the day Momo learns to use his power.
There priority is to protect Momo. Even Kaido knows this as he wanted to execute Momo as that will end any resolve Samurais have to fight any longer.

You say this is Momo's fight to.
Ok. Agreed.
He should be there to raise the morale but ppl are hunting him. And Luffy wants to take him straight to Kaido. And we don't even know if Momo can fly that high.

Now I know Oda wants that confusing look on Kaido when he sees Momo can use the same df that Kaido got n at some point he gonna protect Wano by holding Onigashima mid air.
But I honestly feel Oda was sloppy as Momo still haven't figured how his df works even though he was traveling with multiple df users n should have trained a lil with his df when he was training in Wano.

Last edited:

Jokey

Supreme
Kin
113💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
5/5 chapter. I’m predicting a Luffy, Yamato, Momo and Marco battle against Kaido coming up.

Can we ban Skull knight and Mimoto from accessing this section tho? Do y’all like torturing yourself? Imagine continuing reading a manga you dislike lol, seems like a mental illness to me.

• Wow

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
5/5 chapter. I’m predicting a Luffy, Yamato, Momo and Marco battle against Kaido coming up.

Can we ban Skull knight and Mimoto from accessing this section tho? Do y’all like torturing yourself? Imagine continuing reading a manga you dislike lol, seems like a mental illness to me.
Nice fanfic..

Status
Not open for further replies.