2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Triceracopter"

One Piece Manga Chapter 1019 Discussion and 1020 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 1019 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 1020

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Finally a good Franky fight again, with a brutal finish.

Didn't expect the Yamato DF. I agree with Relostar, my first thought went to Sulong Carrot. But that is probably just Oda's artstyle. She's supposed to be a dragon type, so I think in the anime it will be better to differentiate between a hairy and a smooth body.

Yamato already pulling an amazing feat holding off Kaidou this long on her own. She is monstrous.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Finally a good Franky fight again, with a brutal finish.

Didn't expect the Yamato DF. I agree with Relostar, my first thought went to Sulong Carrot. But that is probably just Oda's artstyle. She's supposed to be a dragon type, so I think in the anime it will be better to differentiate between a hairy and a smooth body.

Yamato already pulling an amazing feat holding off Kaidou this long on her own. She is monstrous.
I don't see any particular resemblance between the two tbh. Most popular opinion seems to be that Yamato is a mythological Kirin, so I would say it falls under 'horse' or 'deer' series.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't see any particular resemblance between the two tbh. Most popular opinion seems to be that Yamato is a mythological Kirin, so I would say it falls under 'horse' or 'deer' series.
It's the long white flowing SS3 hair and the animal nose.

But like I said, probably just a manga only issue. Carrot was all white and Yamato will probably keep her hair color I imagine and her own skintone, or maybe a bit blueish.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
A very fun and action-packed chapter. Jinbe with one of his best kimonos, great to see Oda remembered his Aquaman ability to summon his whale friends in Impel Down. Zoro and Sanji sharing a picnic on their own shark is unexpectedly wholesome.

Zoro, the most hardcore man alive, who eats poison and razors without flinching then shits blood for breakfast, is afraid of a little jab. A classic joke that always gets me. With Luffy also awake and craving his usual ultra regenerative meat, it looks like these two are set to bounce back at the same time.

Who said Triceratops couldn't detach their frills and spin them around their necks to fly? Gotta love how Sasaki's hair is completely unharmed. This Flying Six started out as a serious character, but worked out to be a goofball full of gags and gimmicks matching Franky's pace. A nice hybrid return to form as Sasaki mostly keeps his human shape with a triceratops transplanted on top of his upper jaw and skull, the coat around his shoulders and the hakama below the waist would give any dino some swag. The Triceratops was big enough to bulldoze a 13 meter Shogun that towers over Big Mom and Kaido, for the hybrid to make that look small puts Sasaki in the average giant height range. The helicopter frill and whirl blade reminded me of Baby 5 and Buffalo's combo. Don't even need haki when big general Sasaki can zip around then slice or smash Shoguns with full body momentum.

The flying Victory slash, the giant dino suplex, Franky's just too cool. But the way he ejected himself from the Shogun to position himself on the floor and aim an upside down beam at Sasaki's sliced up belly, damage made possible thanks to Tama's distraction, was the perfect smooth + brains finisher. Franky is in trouble if Sasaki is not down, which I could see due to no Denjiro or Kokoro/Water 7 closure. Franky's much slower on his tiny legs and is reduced to spamming the beam that Sasaki should predict now. Sanji dancing with Queen talking about swiping his cyborg parts for Franky furthers the idea that the Shogun is finished in Wano and a stronger mech with a new theme could be built next arc.

Yamato's gender depends on protecting Wano from Kaido. Welp. Might as well cut a deal and start dancing naked on the streets. We finally have confirmation that Yamato is a DF user, with Kaido saying he worked hard to obtain it (yelled at Jack many times). There is no doubt this is Wano's third Mythical Zoan, a class rarer than logia yet the entire Navy only had four logia with the Admirals + Smoker. Kaido really is blessed with fortune. As strong as Yamato looked before, nothing less than a Mythical power up could stall a monstrous-looking hybrid Kaido hellbent on killing his kid.

The Sulong Sulong no mi model: Carrot and Wanda. So hybrid Yamato has a white furry appearance with long limbs, flame fur like the Koma-animals of Wano (and probably an Ace reference), topped with a Gear 4 cloud around the neck to complete the Luffy deity look. It's a lovely hybrid but quite a mystery as it lacks stripes or rounded ears for a Byakko, extra horns or scales for Kijin, and another dog or fox would be butting into Devon's territory. Cannot wait to find out its special ability and see it go all out, but wrapping up the Tobiroppo is what I expect will come first.

Reactions: Love Cook

Relostar Devil

Regular
Kin
326💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This arc is super cool and would have loved even more if sasaki would have used haki. That would have put Franky at disadvantage and then he will get to know how much haki is important in new world but anyways hopefully oda should show black Maria using haki and not simply matching her with Robin and Brook level.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok I was reading few old chapters of this arc n found something very interesting.

When Who's who first saw Luffy he didn't showed any resentment
You must be registered to see images

And last chapter we learned he had some form of hatred against Luffy yet he didn't went after his head here.

Back to this chapter.
Good thing we got Franky v Sasaki.
Franky without any help defeated one of the flying six was definitely a feat considering the fact that they are the strongest in Kaido's fleet.

Should have shown a lil more with Sanji n Queen fight but it was nevertheless a good chapter.

This arc is super cool and would have loved even more if sasaki would have used haki.
Fair point. At the beginning Sasaki's image was portrayed to be someone who's as strong as other flying six members.

N he should have shown Haki considering the fact that he was a captain in NW before joining Beast Pirates

Oda got to maintain that Power scaling in SHs crew which is prolly the only reason I see why he didn't go Haki mode as Franky don't have any Haki feats.

This also raise a question if Who's who also had a crew then why CP0 was still unaware abt him.

I will rate this as 3/5 chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.