Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

"Jinbe vs Who's Who"

One Piece Manga Chapter 1018 Discussion and 1019 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 1018 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 1019

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: minamoto

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
With a VS in the title, you know you've got a good chapter. Pay-Pay and Ulti bonding over a book in a room full of Beast plushies is too adorable. Page One having a shaved head and horns on his skull is necessary info.

The Gifters that keep on gifting. CP0 with fresh numbers updates us with the Beast Pirates down from 20k to 16k, the alliance up from 7k to 9k. Two thousand more have fallen over the last two chapters. The result of Tama's actions were 300 Smiles switching sides with the remaining 200 avoiding the dango, never attending the party, or just died like poor Sheepshead and Ginrummy. The more surprising consequence was Waiters and Pleasures switching sides with their Headliner/Gifter bosses, netting the alliance another ~2k fodder. Imagine a good boss like Briscola last chapter suddenly flips and starts hammering you -- these are some really loyal or easily intimidated goons to still follow the traitors. Can you really blame overlord Tama for this one?

Who's Who called the wrong fish Nika. To be fair, Jinbe's face was coated black this chapter. Who's Who confirms he was one those guys who got jacked in prison and busted himself out, ruling out Impel Down. He's also a prison convert who now praises the sun. The guard who spread the idea of "Sun God" Nika that frees slaves was eliminated for what CP0 calls outdated information, and now they need to take care of Who's Who for the same reason. Maybe it's not outdated so much as not WG approved. The sun god the Shandians made sacrifices to, the sun the Elbaf giants pay tribute to with 12 days of fasting, the Dawn the Minks are waiting for, and the former fishmen slaves creating the Sun Pirates. Zero chance this is all a coincidence and Oda is seeking to tie the mythologies of the OP world together. Is it Joy Boy related? Well, there is one damning piece of evidence with a sun right next to a giant upside down strawhat, all in the ancient lunar Shandian civilization discovered by the one piece God Enel:

You must be registered to see images
A vengeful cat who pins his failings on the Gomu Gomu Vs a grateful fish freed from prison by its user and given a place on his crew. The red and blue corner treat us to a raw but technical thriller. Good choreography with Jinbe using attacks, blocks, even a counter grip to defend. Who's Who is a little clever spamming his very effective Fang Pistol, resorting to his legs after his hands became useless. I loved the sheer brutality with WW breaking his Ancient Zoan fingers then getting his wrists snapped by the fishman grip, Jinbe earning a slash and a saber nab to the face. I honestly thought Jinbe would find a water source and soak this furball, but it looks like land lubber karate alone is good enough to deal all the damage Ulti took from Luffy/Yamato/Big Mom/Zeus/Nami. What a beast.

Lesson learned: never throw away your knife in the middle of a fight.

Oh the humiliation of being the one Smilodon born with a long tail.

Now 60 chapters into Act 3, we enter clap back season (or break season:catcry:). Kanjuro, Page One, Ulti, now Who's Who. Jinbe's final punch was a shockwave to Who's Who face, a new Ogi technique and likely a mask-breaking finisher as seen against Wadatsumi and Big Mom. I don't mind this beautiful fight continuing, but the cat already info-dumped some major lore, triggered Jinbe, got broken in hybrid and I can't see what's left other than parting words. Should WW be awakened and recover sometime later, I see a nasty CP0 execution in his future. No more Oni virus, Tama's mission finished, Luffy on standby. Assuming there's a pattern, two chapters for every Strawhat fight and a chapter for side characters like Drake and Killer is generous by post-TS standards and would give us months of non-stop action. I'll be looking forward to it all.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It was an ok chapter.
Didn't get the Slaves God hype. I mean Fisher tiger saved slaves n to hide the mark made that Sun tattoo. Not to forget even Ussop had saved slaves back in Dressrosa. So I seriously don't get this hype.

CP0 talking about Who's who n wanna make sure he's confirm dead is very sus. This could only mean that Who's who knows something very important abt Gomu Gomu no mi.

Lastly it's confirmed Shanks stoled the df from Who's who. So Gomu Gomu no mi confirm to be very important df in OPverse n most prolly the key to reach Raftel.

I will rate it 3/5

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It was an ok chapter.
Didn't get the Slaves God hype. I mean Fisher tiger saved slaves n to hide the mark made that Sun tattoo. Not to forget even Ussop had saved slaves back in Dressrosa. So I seriously don't get this hype.

CP0 talking about Who's who n wanna make sure he's confirm dead is very sus. This could only mean that Who's who knows something very important abt Gomu Gomu no mi.

Lastly it's confirmed Shanks stoled the df from Who's who. So Gomu Gomu no mi confirm to be very important df in OPverse n most prolly the key to reach Raftel.

I will rate it 3/5
odda only give 1 hype page ..a rest is just annoyiing repetetive pages..he's been doin tis alot...

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
odda only give 1 hype page ..a rest is just annoyiing repetetive pages..he's been doin tis alot...
The hype was maybe in 1page but the whole thing was streched like 4-5pages which means that Nika has to be some sort of legend which has attributes like Fisher Tiger, Luffy n Ussop.
Now Who's who said something like Prisoners told him to pray to this God.
Note: This was never shown or told in Impel Down (if I m not wrong) n it's worst prison in OPverse(considering its hype that only 1guy had escaped before Luffy).

So for me it didn't clicked. Maybe it will become big thing in future but I fear it could very well become like BM's chef thing(who had no plot, shown as a mastermind but turned out to be a fodder).

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jimbei turned on the beast mode, the hardening of CoA to the point Who's Who broke his finger on his skin was such an Ohhhh Shit... Moment. Jimbei always the gentleman, but mentioning Nika and disrespecting his race ticked him off. He doubled his strength without being in the water.

With a VS in the title, you know you've got a good chapter. Pay-Pay and Ulti bonding over a book in a room full of Beast plushies is too adorable. Page One having a shaved head and horns on his skull is necessary info.

The Gifters that keep on gifting. CP0 with fresh numbers updates us with the Beast Pirates down from 20k to 16k, the alliance up from 7k to 9k. Two thousand more have fallen over the last two chapters. The result of Tama's actions were 300 Smiles switching sides with the remaining 200 avoiding the dango, never attending the party, or just died like poor Sheepshead and Ginrummy. The more surprising consequence was Waiters and Pleasures switching sides with their Headliner/Gifter bosses, netting the alliance another ~2k fodder. Imagine a good boss like Briscola last chapter suddenly flips and starts hammering you -- these are some really loyal or easily intimidated goons to still follow the traitors. Can you really blame overlord Tama for this one?

Who's Who called the wrong fish Nika. To be fair, Jinbe's face was coated black this chapter. Who's Who confirms he was one those guys who got jacked in prison and busted himself out, ruling out Impel Down. He's also a prison convert who now praises the sun. The guard who spread the idea of "Sun God" Nika that frees slaves was eliminated for what CP0 calls outdated information, and now they need to take care of Who's Who for the same reason. Maybe it's not outdated so much as not WG approved. The sun god the Shandians made sacrifices to, the sun the Elbaf giants pay tribute to with 12 days of fasting, the Dawn the Minks are waiting for, and the former fishmen slaves creating the Sun Pirates. Zero chance this is all a coincidence and Oda is seeking to tie the mythologies of the OP world together. Is it Joy Boy related? Well, there is one damning piece of evidence with a sun right next to a giant upside down strawhat, all in the ancient lunar Shandian civilization discovered by the one piece God Enel:

A vengeful cat who pins his failings on the Gomu Gomu Vs a grateful fish freed from prison by its user and given a place on his crew. The red and blue corner treat us to a raw but technical thriller. Good choreography with Jinbe using attacks, blocks, even a counter grip to defend. Who's Who is a little clever spamming his very effective Fang Pistol, resorting to his legs after his hands became useless. I loved the sheer brutality with WW breaking his Ancient Zoan fingers then getting his wrists snapped by the fishman grip, Jinbe earning a slash and a saber nab to the face. I honestly thought Jinbe would find a water source and soak this furball, but it looks like land lubber karate alone is good enough to deal all the damage Ulti took from Luffy/Yamato/Big Mom/Zeus/Nami. What a beast.

Lesson learned: never throw away your knife in the middle of a fight.

Oh the humiliation of being the one Smilodon born with a long tail.

Now 60 chapters into Act 3, we enter clap back season (or break season:catcry:). Kanjuro, Page One, Ulti, now Who's Who. Jinbe's final punch was a shockwave to Who's Who face, a new Ogi technique and likely a mask-breaking finisher as seen against Wadatsumi and Big Mom. I don't mind this beautiful fight continuing, but the cat already info-dumped some major lore, triggered Jinbe, got broken in hybrid and I can't see what's left other than parting words. Should WW be awakened and recover sometime later, I see a nasty CP0 execution in his future. No more Oni virus, Tama's mission finished, Luffy on standby. Assuming there's a pattern, two chapters for every Strawhat fight and a chapter for side characters like Drake and Killer is generous by post-TS standards and would give us months of non-stop action. I'll be looking forward to it all.
Seeing Nika being depicted in this chapter it also struck me as a Shandian style. The panel you posted is interesting. I hope there is more to their race, their is lots of unexplored potential. A race from before the void century, a country Roger visited, Enel that flew an arc to the moon, maybe there is a link to Uranus the ultimate weapon with a link to the sky god. That would seem to be a reason for the WG to be concerned enough to silence everyone who mention it.

Reactions: WhistleBlower

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The hype was maybe in 1page but the whole thing was streched like 4-5pages which means that Nika has to be some sort of legend which has attributes like Fisher Tiger, Luffy n Ussop.
Note: This was never shown or told in Impel Down (if I m not wrong) n it's worst prison in OPverse(considering its hype that only 1guy had escaped before Luffy).

So for me it didn't clicked. Maybe it will become big thing in future but I fear it could very well become like BM's chef thing(who had no plot, shown as a mastermind but turned out to be a fodder).
very good coment my frend :)..

also my Theory is that a ancient weapon uranus is a UFO spacecraft 🛸🛸 ...i come up wit tis theory on my own :)..

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I don't think he was locked up in ID. My first thought was that he was locked up in Mariejois. He didn't commit any crime, he failed the task he was assigned to and I find it a bit weird that a guard is going to disappear in ID just because he shared a rather vague story. Even though ID is a governmental facility, it doesn't really seem to be the kind of place that they would keep tabs on to a degree where they know what each guard says.

ID is a place of criminals, but we know that in Mariejois hoards of slaves are kept, some of which are even given DF for amusement. It feels more in line with the WG's twisting thinking to punish one of their own agents for a failure by enslaving him and making him do cat tricks or something. There has probably been a slave population for nearly 800 years, which makes it pretty much a separate, isolated community from the rest of the world with their own 'history'. Within that context it seems fitting that a story like that of Nika is told there.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't think he was locked up in ID. My first thought was that he was locked up in Mariejois. He didn't commit any crime, he failed the task he was assigned to and I find it a bit weird that a guard is going to disappear in ID just because he shared a rather vague story. Even though ID is a governmental facility, it doesn't really seem to be the kind of place that they would keep tabs to a degree where they know what each guard says.

ID is a place of criminals, but we know that in Mariejois hoards of slaves are kept, some of which are even given DF for amusement. It feels more in line with the WG's twisting thinking to punish one of their own agents for a failure by enslaving him and making him do cat tricks or something. There has probably been a slave population for nearly 800 years, which makes it pretty much a separate, isolated community from the rest of the world with their own 'history'. Within that context it seems fitting that a story like that of Nika is told there.
This just reminded me of two scenes from the reverie:
1) Jewelry bonney was trying to get into gate which 'commonor's not allowed.
2) The scene where the fishman island group chose walk instead of use the 'man'escalator which was being pushed by slaves underground

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think he was locked up in ID. My first thought was that he was locked up in Mariejois. He didn't commit any crime, he failed the task he was assigned to and I find it a bit weird that a guard is going to disappear in ID just because he shared a rather vague story. Even though ID is a governmental facility, it doesn't really seem to be the kind of place that they would keep tabs on to a degree where they know what each guard says.

Why I brought Impel Down because of the following reasons:

1)CP0 wants to make sure he's dead
-I remember in ID there was a lvl where prisoners history was removed from existence.

This could have explained why he picked the name Who's who.

2)Prisoner
- Who's who said I can't believe you knew the story (A rogue member of CP9 breaking out of Prison) - Ch1017
Impel Down was the best prison WG had. It was stated multiple times in ID arc that's it's best.

And the prison break happened in ID 2yrs back.

3)Talks about the Legend
-Back when I was in prison I was told to pray to someone for salvation- Ch1018
In ID Mr2 also talked abt Miracle person

4)Torture
Who's who said, "I used to have it rough"- Ch1017
"My cruel sentence was dragging forever. I just wanted to be saved" - Ch1018
-Again ID we saw guards luv torturing ppl.

5)Ppl getting Vanished
Who's who said "Guard who told me vanished"- Ch 1018
Interestingly ppl did vanished in ID too

It's interesting that whatever he told in this chapter n previous ones gives me strong ID vibes.

I understand that chances are very high that he might have been imprisoned in some other prison prolly with Fish man slaves (which could possibly explain he knew so much abt Fish men history). The only problem for me is if Nika was a legend in Slaves book then we should have got something about it in Boa's or Koala's flashback.
But I have to say Oda did bring back those ID memories in this chapter.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why I brought Impel Down because of the following reasons:

1)CP0 wants to make sure he's dead
-I remember in ID there was a lvl where prisoners history was removed from existence.

This could have explained why he picked the name Who's who.

2)Prisoner
- Who's who said I can't believe you knew the story (A rogue member of CP9 breaking out of Prison) - Ch1017
Impel Down was the best prison WG had. It was stated multiple times in ID arc that's it's best.

And the prison break happened in ID 2yrs back.

3)Talks about the Legend
-Back when I was in prison I was told to pray to someone for salvation- Ch1018
In ID Mr2 also talked abt Miracle person

4)Torture
Who's who said, "I used to have it rough"- Ch1017
"My cruel sentence was dragging forever. I just wanted to be saved" - Ch1018
-Again ID we saw guards luv torturing ppl.

5)Ppl getting Vanished
Who's who said "Guard who told me vanished"- Ch 1018
Interestingly ppl did vanished in ID too

It's interesting that whatever he told in this chapter n previous ones gives me strong ID vibes.

I understand that chances are very high that he might have been imprisoned in some other prison prolly with Fish man slaves (which could possibly explain he knew so much abt Fish men history). The only problem for me is if Nika was a legend in Slaves book then we should have got something about it in Boa's or Koala's flashback.
But I have to say Oda did bring back those ID memories in this chapter.
1) CP9 members are not 'part of history' to begin with. They're recruited from orphans or from families of existing members. They don't function either as public faces for the WG, that's what the Marines are for. By their very nature CP9 agents are supposed to work behind the scenes. It's kind of pointless to erase someone from history who didn't really exist in the first place. In contrast most lvl 6 prisoners were all people who were very well known, but the WG tried to erase their existence and everything they did.

A lot of Beast Pirates are named after cards or card games. No immediate reason to see deeper meanings behind the ones they were given.

2) That's kind of the point. They kept on hammering how no one has escaped from ID...except Shiki...except Who's Who apparently...and then Luffy caused the biggest jailbreak in history. That's already quite contradictory, but it becomes even worse when you take into consideration that Who's Who resents Luffy for eating the Gomu Gomu no Mi, but doesn't address the fact he pretty much helped him escape? And the fact that Jinbei himself was locked up in lvl 6 for a while?

3) He was talking about Ivankov, someone who's known around the world and someone who Bon Clay personally adored. The ID context is irrelevant here as he would be his fan regardless. What he heard about him, he most likely didn't hear in ID, but long before he ended up there. That's completely different than hearing a taboo legend that might get you killed in the prison itself.

4) You make it sound that ID guards are the only ones who love torture. Based on what we've seen from Mariejois and the Celestial Dragons, it's questionable they are that much more humane. At least it's known for most prisoners that they are in ID. Depending on the situation not all torture is administered directly as for most of the floors it's a survival of the fittest approach. In contrast the slaves of Mariejois are properties that can be disposed of on a whim.

5) He was talking about missing prisoners, not missing guards. Kind of a big difference and those prisoners were the lvl 5.5 inhabitants. It was specifically mentioned that a lot of them were the prisoners that got 'demoned away'.

6) Boa explained that she was a slave 600 chapters ago or something. The legend of Nika was introduced in the latest chapter and it's not like Boa gave a very in-depth summary of her slave-period, which probably lasted a decade. Her point was to explain the connection between the Sun Pirates and the tattoo on her back. Why would she waste her time by talking about an at that point irrelevant legend that's even dangerous to mention? The fact that someone disappeared just for telling it mockingly is probably reason enough that even slaves are not going to talk about it carelessly...if they even know about it. This is a non-issue.

Not really sure why you wanted to emphasize why you are thinking of ID as you know that nothing you said really has much traction. Yeah, Oda could make this work, but it isn't realistic for the continuity and chronology of the series. Who's Who can't have been part of the great jailbreak two years. Way too many plot holes and two years isn't that long ago, yet he's talking about something in a distant past. He also puts a clear emphasis on the slave connection, but ID is a criminal facility. Slavery is officially abolished, but the place that continuous to enable it en mass is Mariejois. If this legend is important enough to cover it up, you again end up with Mariejois. Not only is the seat of power in the world, it's also isolated from the rest of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.