2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Chained"

One Piece Manga Chapter 1015 Discussion and 1016 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 1015 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 1016

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What a ride !

This is such a crazy battle, it's been going on for so long and the real fights haven't even started yet. The matchups are only being made just now.

Bit disappointed in Chopper. He lost faith in Luffy and he is being forced to retreat and go back to his role as medic. Maybe we will explore the dangers of the improved rumble ball later. But for now Monster point is kinda underwhelming. He is a big and slow target. And other 'monsters' like Queen just tower over him.

Sanji kicking that fat neck reminded me of a good old antimanner kick course. Slinging Perospero of in the distance, I can only imagine Carrot and Wanda will be waiting for him there. Hope they pay back that prick for killing Pedro.

As for being killed. I think this was the final blow to Kin'emon. First being hit like Glenn from the walking dead and then to be impaled by Kaido, not sure if there is coming back from that. Storywise you would expect him to have some final words to Momo or one epic last stand. But it also would just be harsh reality and the consequence of standing up against a yonkou.

So unless there is some superhuman feat of him still being alive, it's One Piece so let's not rule that out. I see one other option of him being alive, Kanjuro with the redemption storyline. Would be super weak and probably don't like it unless there is a damn good reason.

But Kanjuro, Kikunojo and Kin'emon could all have been ink clones.

Let's see next week. can't wait for the conclusion after all this setup.

Reactions: Jokey

Jokey

Supreme
Kin
113💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Crazy chapter. Love seeing Momonosuke’s growth! I see a potential SH apprentice future for him on our last adventure to Raftel.

I’m very interested in finding out how Zeus managed to reincarnate himself into Nami’s climatact because I was sure he was done for.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Crazy chapter. Love seeing Momonosuke’s growth! I see a potential SH apprentice future for him on our last adventure to Raftel.

I’m very interested in finding out how Zeus managed to reincarnate himself into Nami’s climatact because I was sure he was done for.
Yea confused about Zeus as well. Curious to see if it makes sense.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What a ride !

This is such a crazy battle, it's been going on for so long and the real fights haven't even started yet. The matchups are only being made just now.

Bit disappointed in Chopper. He lost faith in Luffy and he is being forced to retreat and go back to his role as medic. Maybe we will explore the dangers of the improved rumble ball later. But for now Monster point is kinda underwhelming. He is a big and slow target. And other 'monsters' like Queen just tower over him.

Sanji kicking that fat neck reminded me of a good old antimanner kick course. Slinging Perospero of in the distance, I can only imagine Carrot and Wanda will be waiting for him there. Hope they pay back that prick for killing Pedro.

As for being killed. I think this was the final blow to Kin'emon. First being hit like Glenn from the walking dead and then to be impaled by Kaido, not sure if there is coming back from that. Storywise you would expect him to have some final words to Momo or one epic last stand. But it also would just be harsh reality and the consequence of standing up against a yonkou.

So unless there is some superhuman feat of him still being alive, it's One Piece so let's not rule that out. I see one other option of him being alive, Kanjuro with the redemption storyline. Would be super weak and probably don't like it unless there is a damn good reason.

But Kanjuro, Kikunojo and Kin'emon could all have been ink clones.

Let's see next week. can't wait for the conclusion after all this setup.
Give Chopper some slack. He has always kind of been the naive, gullible child & crybaby of the group. Storywise it hasn't been that long ago that he couldn't even distinguish the fake Strawhats from the real ones on Shabondy. Aso I really would't call Queen a fair standard for Chopper, I mean his bounty is probably somewhere in the range of 1-1.5B. In the end Chopper's forte is still his supportive role, not his combat ability.

It seems to me that the scenario of a King & Queen vs Zoro & Sanji match-up actually might become a reality. In a certain way the two teams resemble each other. They are pretty much the 2 & 3 of their respective crews and have a rocky relationship with one another. The difference being that King and Queen seem to be borderline resentment, while Zoro and Sanji tend to have more of a rivalry.

Yea confused about Zeus as well. Curious to see if it makes sense.
Well the technology exists to have devils fruits merge with inanimate objects, but I think in this case it's simply due to the nature of BM's power. She controls souls. She can extract and divide souls and then place them inside soulless entities. So, placing a soul inside Nami's clima-tact is nothing out of the ordinary for her. It just happened inadvertently and in an indirect way this time around.

Zeus himself is a piece of BM's soul that merged with a thundercloud. So, when the majority of him got eaten by Hera, the remaining fragments were able to merge with the clima-tact. Most likely due to the high compatibility. He had been living in there after all.

Zeus, Hera and Prometheus aren't just different from the other homies because they were made with pieces of BM's soul, but also because they're actually forms of energy/elemental in nature. In contrast to a tree or a rock, they have the inherent aptitude to 'transform'. Most likely this was an application of her powers that never crossed BM's mind.

For me this seems to be an acceptable reasoning, at least taking into account OP logic.

Simply put:

Standard process = extract soul => insert soul in soulless entity
Advanced process = extract soul => insert soul in soulless entity (now Zeus) => entity with soul (Zeus) inserted in another soulless entity

Last edited:
Reactions: Jokey

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Senor Pink on the prowl for ladies, Sanhawk and his legendary blade Zoru slaying XD What a nice chapter.

The Hunter finally finds his prey. I'll never get tired of Sanji suddenly popping in to attack someone. Sanji with one kick: 1) breaks Queen's retractable needle teeth, 2) makes Queen spin like a rotisserie, 3) blocks Perospero's arrow barrage, 4) sends Peros flying with white eyes, 5) saves Chopper while carrying Zoro. One of his best entrances in the series. Very reminiscent of Jabra about to finish off Usopp with his wolf claws only to get sent flying with a kick to the face, you can even go further with Sanji first losing to Black Maria/Kalifa. It's followed by a nice speech as well. Just when all the samurai begin to panic over the announced fates of Luffy and the Scabbards, Sanji kicking the largest monster on the floor and telling the ugly crying Monster Chopper to get it together (might have been pain tears honestly, ouch) signals to the allied force that it's too early to give up and that the Strawhats are used to making miracles out of impossible situations.

I wonder if Chopper plans on treating Zoro in Monster Point, otherwise the talk of side effects last chapter may mean nothing if he simply cancels the form.

OMG they killed Kinny. Again. Protecting Momo and fighting Kaido were Kin'emon's main reasons for continuing as he believed his wife Tsuru died in Holdem's fire. It's tragic but beautiful that he musters everything he has left in his pathetic state to poke Kaido, making him turn around and waste a few more seconds monologuing. Kin'emon mentioned earlier how there was no honor dying to Kaido, and true to his word he gets shish kebab'd in a shameful stab to the back using Kiku's blade. At least now we know that when Kaido truly feels like killing someone, he'll drop the club and reach for the nearest gun or sword.:catblush:

Drowning Luffy kept afloat by the VOAT. Momo has a nice moment relaying Luffy's message while on the lam from Kaido and just witnessing Kin fall. Like he's collecting himself while boosting everyone's morale. Luffy being the telepath speed dialing Momo was a quite a surprise. VOAT users can not only communicate with each other, but Luffy mastered this to such an extent that he's spam calling from an unconscious water-weakened body all the way to the sky. This goes back to their first battle when Kaido felt he was being stared down by a konked out Luffy. Luffy's will never gave in even if his physical body could not keep up. Luffy is leading the raiders and giving everyone hope even while drowning. Stunning. The Polar Tang was the most reasonable rescue device, shutting down outside guest theories again. Credit to Law for leaving these guys out there to follow Onigashima and catch stragglers that fell into the sea. What the Heart Pirates did at the end of Marineford. With a medical bay at his disposal and Wano rivers that could follow Onigashima to the capital, Luffy is in expert hands until he's ready to bounce back.

The anthro Climatact from the recent SBS comes to life pretty coincidental ;)

Zeus avoiding death was no surprise given the character development he displayed fully rejecting Big Mom, and Nami just shoving the Climatact inside Hera's mouth. It looks like what happened here was that Zeus's soul, from Big Mom squeezing it out of the cloud like a sponge, possessed the staff before Hera could fully swallow. I'm not sure what the difference between a staff and a staff with a face is, maybe Zeus will shoot weather eggs and whack fodder by itself, but there's hope for Ultifans as Oda wouldn't power up Nami if there wasn't an opponent on the receiving end of her new stick.

Just as it looks like Act 3 is on life support, new figures step in to plug the holes and keep it going. Kid and Big Mom stop their staring contest long enough for the Kid & Law dream team to assemble. So admirable of Law to respect Luffy's request of a 1v1 with Kaido by ruining Kid's 1v1 against Mom. Yamato finally in action against Kaido. All the speculation over Yamato and Kaido's bond finally comes to a head as these two confront, also a chance to see the little clubber's DF power. Two great new matches to look forward to along with Sanji Vs Queen. Next chapter is looking good already.

YAMATO IN ZOAN FORM PREDICTION:
FOUND THIS ON THE INTERNET

Last edited:
Reactions: Love Cook

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This chapter has its ups n down.
1) Kinemon is dead?
-To be honest if that blow finished Kinemon den I truly believe it should have done in last chapter as Kinemon was badly injured wit his fight wit Kaido. It would be a waste of panels if he's dead.

2)Luffy Drowning
-Luffy fell from Onigashima n survived. Did he just mimick what Kaido did when he was introduced?
I seriously doubt how he gonna return back n beat Kaido when he has no strength left anymore.

3)Sanji & Marco Vs Queen & King
-So finally we getting this matchup. Now ideally Queen should kick Sanji's a** pretty easily as post TS Every guy has easily beaten Sanji. But desperate times calls desperate measure. Sanji need to use that Vinsmoke tech n redeem himself by beating the shiit out of Queen.

4)Law n Kid teaming up
-This one is something which interested me. I felt Law should have concentrated on Kaido for the time being as he could buy some time. Kid already have killer so he still has lil chance surviving BM. Could law joining him meant they gonna take out BM?

5)Neko still missing
-This guy was supposed to take out Perospero n he's still missing. Come on Oda. How much time will it take for him to reach this floor?

Overall a 3/5 chapter

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Give Chopper some slack. He has always kind of been the naive, gullible child & crybaby of the group. Storywise it hasn't been that long ago that he couldn't even distinguish the fake Strawhats from the real ones on Shabondy. Aso I really would't call Queen a fair standard for Chopper, I mean his bounty is probably somewhere in the range of 1-1.5B. In the end Chopper's forte is still his supportive role, not his combat ability.

It seems to me that the scenario of a King & Queen vs Zoro & Sanji match-up actually might become a reality. In a certain way the two teams resemble each other. They are pretty much the 2 & 3 of their respective crews and have a rocky relationship with one another. The difference being that King and Queen seem to be borderline resentment, while Zoro and Sanji tend to have more of a rivalry.

Well the technology exists to have devils fruits merge with inanimate objects, but I think in this case it's simply due to the nature of BM's power. She controls souls. She can extract and divide souls and then place them inside soulless entities. So, placing a soul inside Nami's clima-tact is nothing out of the ordinary for her. It just happened inadvertently and in an indirect way this time around.

Zeus himself is a piece of BM's soul that merged with a thundercloud. So, when the majority of him got eaten by Hera, the remaining fragments were able to merge with the clima-tact. Most likely due to the high compatibility. He had been living in there after all.

Zeus, Hera and Prometheus aren't just different from the other homies because they were made with pieces of BM's soul, but also because they're actually forms of energy/elemental in nature. In contrast to a tree or a rock, they have the inherent aptitude to 'transform'. Most likely this was an application of her powers that never crossed BM's mind.

For me this seems to be an acceptable reasoning, at least taking into account OP logic.

Simply put:

Standard process = extract soul => insert soul in soulless entity
Advanced process = extract soul => insert soul in soulless entity (now Zeus) => entity with soul (Zeus) inserted in another soulless entity

Yea the why BM placed or allowed a soul to go into an enemy weapon is odd. If it's Zeus's soul it's even more odd. How would his soul have been separated?

You said remaining fragments but wasn't he shown being fully devoured? Having remaining bits now would feel a tad cheap unless he snuck some pieces left that I missed.

I just don't see how Zeus could bond with anything without BM's doing and she was trying to take his power back.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yea the why BM placed or allowed a soul to go into an enemy weapon is odd. If it's Zeus's soul it's even more odd. How would his soul have been separated?

You said remaining fragments but wasn't he shown being fully devoured? Having remaining bits now would feel a tad cheap unless he snuck some pieces left that I missed.

I just don't see how Zeus could bond with anything without BM's doing and she was trying to take his power back.
Zeus already left once with Nami on White Cake Island and in the previous chapter he also went against Big Mom. Maybe because he was originally a part of BM's soul, his nature is fundamentally different than regular homies.

Face it, Zeus, a thunder cloud, had been living inside Nami's clima-tact, which was odd to begin with. I really don't think we should be nitpicking about this as face it, this ability was illogical to begin with. I mean, what are the rules regarding souls? How is it that Zeus, Napoleon and Prometheus are male, but Hera female? Thinking about this too much will only spoil the chapter.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Zeus already left once with Nami on White Cake Island and in the previous chapter he also went against Big Mom. Maybe because he was originally a part of BM's soul, his nature is fundamentally different than regular homies.

Face it, Zeus, a thunder cloud, had been living inside Nami's clima-tact, which was odd to begin with. I really don't think we should be nitpicking about this as face it, this ability was illogical to begin with. I mean, what are the rules regarding souls? How is it that Zeus, Napoleon and Prometheus are male, but Hera female? Thinking about this too much will only spoil the chapter.
I get what you're getting at but Zeus was a soul in a being "captured"/living in Nami's climatact, that's fine for me.

How "Zeus'" soul, which is BM's soul, left the cloud on his own doesn't add up to me. How would a homie soul move without BM's direct involvement?

Why wouldn't other homie souls leave their objects and return to their owner if the soul can move between objects of their own free will?

Honestly if BM was involved in the switch I wouldn't question any of it but how Zeus could take her soul and make his own choice about what it's in seems like something thought up on the fly imo.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
BM homies are kinda broken. If u guys recall during MF arc Jinbei used sea water to purify Moria's Zombie. Reason given was that Sea water cancel out DF power of the user.
But the same logic doesn't applies to BM as her ship is seen smiling n singing even tho it's sailing on the water, She made a homie out of sea n there was that homie(which looks like crocodile) who basically was underwater n swimming. Not even once it cancel the affects of DF.
So it's a inconsistency that Zeus became apart of Nami's climatact even tho he got eaten last chapter.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I get what you're getting at but Zeus was a soul in a being "captured"/living in Nami's climatact, that's fine for me.

How "Zeus'" soul, which is BM's soul, left the cloud on his own doesn't add up to me. How would a homie soul move without BM's direct involvement?

Why wouldn't other homie souls leave their objects and return to their owner if the soul can move between objects of their own free will?

Honestly if BM was involved in the switch I wouldn't question any of it but how Zeus could take her soul and make his own choice about what it's in seems like something thought up on the fly imo.
I didn't mean that homies can just extract their own souls and implant them in other entities. As far as we know there is no correlation between the homies and the original 'owner' of the soul. Neither Zeus, Hera, Napoleon nor Prometheus look like BM, yet the clima-tact is pretty much Zeus.

I mean what are Zeus and Prometheus exactly? A cloud and a flame. When do they 'die'? When does a cloud stop existing? It seems that as long as a piece exists they can survive. Hera ate Zeus, but possibly there was still a fragment left in the clima-tact. Too small to become a cloud again (for now), but enough to keep the ego intact and merge with something else.

Just a case of right place, right time. The conditions for this to occur happen to have been fulfilled, but is not something that just any homie can do at any time.

Tbh if you had no issues with BM placing a soul into a flame or cloud, you shouldn't really have any particular issues with Zeus merging with clima-tact. The former is actually much more of a head scratcher than the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.