2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Onigashima's Decisive Monster Battle"

One Piece Manga Chapter 1001 Discussion and 1002 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 1001 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 1002

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Chapter was actually gud.
Great way to start the brawl between Supernovas n Yonkos.
Liked how Kaido put Luffy in same category as other big shots.
1 thing which interested me was this scan.
You must be registered to see images

If u notice Kaido here tells who can actually fight wit him n notice no Admiral is there lol.

Also the marked left hand guy looks alot like Dragon. I may be wrong n it could be Rocks also.

Also notice he doesn't put Shiki or Moria in that list.
I remember people believed that Shiki was in same category as Roger. I guess Kaido disagree wit them. Lol.

This chapter definitely peeked the interest back in this Onigashima Raid. I hope Oda continues the fight in next chapter.
I will rate it 4/5.

Reactions: WhistleBlower

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

If u notice Kaido here tells who can actually fight wit him n notice no Admiral is there lol.

Also the marked left hand guy looks alot like Dragon. I may be wrong n it could be Rocks also.

I remember people believed that Shiki was in same category as Roger. I guess Kaido disagree wit them. Lol.

This chapter definitely peeked the interest back in this Onigashima Raid. I hope Oda continues the fight in next chapter.
I will rate it 4/5.
I think it was rocks.

Kind of funny how brook can cut Zeus(when Nami isn't controlling him) and now zoro can cut prometheus.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think it was rocks.

Kind of funny how brook can cut Zeus(when Nami isn't controlling him) and now zoro can cut prometheus.
I think it was rocks.

Have u noticed when BM was using Prometheus she was wearing it like a glove.

But here it seems like she was throwing Prometheus towards Luffy which is why Zoro was able to cut it clean.

If she was wearing Prometheus then Zoro should have cut her hand.

This is kinda strange as they r surrounded by a no.of enemies n ideally BM should go for her sword n wear Prometheus on her head like in WCI.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Have u noticed when BM was using Prometheus she was wearing it like a glove.

But here it seems like she was throwing Prometheus towards Luffy which is why Zoro was able to cut it clean.

If she was wearing Prometheus then Zoro should have cut her hand.

This is kinda strange as they r surrounded by a no.of enemies n ideally BM should go for her sword n wear Prometheus on her head like in WCI.
Yea it looks a bit like she was gonna punch him with it around her hand but she could have been slamming it down as well I suppose but either way it doesn't mean zoro should have necessarily been able to cut her hand she's impenetrable outside of a fit mode from what we've been told

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yea it looks a bit like she was gonna punch him with it around her hand but she could have been slamming it down as well I suppose but either way it doesn't mean zoro should have necessarily been able to cut her hand she's impenetrable outside of a fit mode from what we've been told
Impenetrable Skin was also the hype of Kaido but Oden did put a permanent scar on him.
So if Zoro is going to cut Kaido with the help of Enma then he can most probably cut BM to.

Now it might not be a big inconsistency here as Zoro is not powering up Enma as seen when he tried to cut Kaido but the whole attack of BM n Zoro looked kinda ugly in Manga.
As I told u that it looked like she's throwing Prometheus on Luffy.
Hope Anime does a better job here.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So many cool little things. Luffy among the great, Kaidou interested.
Zoro using foxfire style after seeing it all the way back on Punk Hazard.
Kid in his scrap metal megazord
A game of scrub chicken

And after all those attacks Kaidou said Meh, I'm going to be a dragon again.

What they showed so far was great, but they need to step it up a couple of notches. Can't wait to see how they will deal with this. Big mom needs to get out of there or it will be impossible.

The anime should put ALL the animators on this fight. I want it fast paced and movie quality.

Donald J Trump

Elite
Kin
912💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I will rate it 4/5.
Big Mom isn't there, nor is Garp and we know for a fact they could both fight him. BIG Mom and Garp>>>> Oden. I think the list was just limited due to the size of the page. I don't think the left guy is Dragon, he's got the exactly the same smile and hair as Captain Rox.

• Haha
Reactions: Shanks

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Big Mom isn't there, nor is Garp and we know for a fact they could both fight him. BIG Mom and Garp>>>> Oden. I think the list was just limited due to the size of the page. I don't think the left guy is Dragon, he's got the exactly the same smile and hair as Captain Rox.
What are you doing here Don , thought Twitter banned you , now you got Animebase . :sneaky:

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Page Limitation
If it was panel limitation then Oda would have draw a separate page for it. This can't be the reason why Garp or BM isn't included.

Also It's not that Admirals or other Yonkos can't fight with him. At the top left panel he says "Only a handful of ppl can fight him" - which means Admirals, Yonkos can fight with him.

But the middle panel is where he remembers that only 5 guys were his greatest foe/opponent. This means Rocks, WB, Shanks, Roger n Oden pushed him to his limits.

Big Mom
Now we know BM can very well challenge/fight him. But in WCI we already saw BM saying that she needed Giants help to beat other Yonkos. That means she's the weakest Yonko.

Navy
We also know Navy had captured him n tried to execute him multiple times.
I highly doubt Vice Admirals or prison wardens can singlehandedly or collectively can stop Kaido.

This means Admirals with/without Shichibukai had to fight/capture him.

Even they not being part of the list only means that he doesn't think Admirals to be as great as these 5guys were.

Now someone said in another thread that Was Oden a Yonko tier guy?
Apparently Kaido thinks he was. Lol. This also means that 2nd commander lvl is very close to a Yonko tier or prolly WB commander system was broken :ROFLMAO:

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Btw Great chapter , @Caliburn i told you zoro will face kaido. I 'll write down here he will be the one to kill kaido .

Zoro still hasnt used his Enma to full potential or rather still has to find a way to adapt anyone remember Thriller bark.

I liked Kidd's design as fan of old punk rock i might start liking kidd he is growing on me . I am least surprised nothing is happening to kaido only COA with advanced ryou can fatally hurt him or just forget it unless Law and kidd figures out kaido weakness untill then i just dont see how they can defeat 2 yonkos.
Post automatically merged:

I will rate it 4/5.
Ya i saw that as well , i read theories Dragon might not be Garp's son and took Monkey D name.

Other theories include Xebec being Celestial Dragon himself and abondoned his royal life to hint for Ancient weapons. I am delighted Shanks in the kaido's description . Looks like this happrned during the time Shanks became Yonko maybe there was huge incident that happened that deemed Shanks as Yonko by World Government.
Post automatically merged:

I will rate it 4/5.
Ya i saw that as well , i read theories Dragon might not be Garp's son and took Monkey D name.

Other theories include Xebec being Celestial Dragon himself and abondoned his royal life to hint for Ancient weapons. I am delighted Shanks in the kaido's description . Looks like this happrned during the time Shanks became Yonko maybe there was huge incident that happened that deemed Shanks as Yonko by World Government.

Last edited:

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
A focused action chapter, what a treat. Jinbe sleeping with the jellyfishes.

Only Luffy knows about Wano's secret sauce. Luffy flooring Kaido like a pacifista last chapter leaves everyone shook about his new haki. While Luffy is riding Level 3 haki, everyone else appears to be hurting Kaido with level 2 like the Scabbards. Kid's master plan was indeed a bigger metal fist.:madmonk: We get a beautiful shot of Kaido seeing all the ghosts who spanked him behind Luffy. Get this man a therapist, you can't be flashing back to all your previous beatings every time you bleed. Interestingly, the shadow of Shanks is there. Kaido and Shanks might have faced off before Marineford with Shanks making another fish swim away. The lack of marines there, especially with Luffy being Garp's grandson who fought Rocks, is not a good look for the Navy.

Zoro paying tribute to Kinemon and unleashing his flame sword has been a long time coming. Incredible seeing Luffy survive the partial Bagua then Zoro protect his captain from Big Mom's attack. Ever since Kin's formal introduction in 672, he's seen him use the flame sword multiple times. Whether they trained together or Zoro picked it up from enough observation, the result is the same. Zoro now at all full power with the bandana and Enma, which he sees as a power up he'll have to draw new strength from. Conversely, Killer sees not having his Punisher blades as a nerf. Oda assigns meito to characters for a reason and not all blades are interchangable even if equal in rank. Would love to see those two develop a Supernova bond. Still, it looks like they're doing no better than the Scabbards so far.

On a related note, since Zoro can already cut fire, only has his eyes on cutting Kaido with Enma, dare I ask what happens to that bundle of leather called King?

New game: whoever gets hit by Big Mom's attack is a fodder. Sorry Prometheus, the sickest burn of this chapter goes to Luffy.:doffytroll: Between all the serious and cool moments, I like that Oda still finds time to blend in comedy with the Supernova banter. My other favorite part of this chapter was of course their combined attack. Luffy delivering a Kong Gun Kaido looked prepared for this time. Law keeping it tame for now. Kid summoning a big scrap metal mech to sock Kaido, this man went full Bullet. Though I much prefer this mech's more piratey design with the skull, spikes, the levitating body and limbs. Kid looks like a mad scientist up there. Funny that Oda drew him as a child tinkering with robots.

Maybe the real the reason Oda named this character Kid is because....he's a huge Franky fan. Same logic behind Killer.

Kaido loving all the pain he's feeling right now. Exactly what the doctor ordered. That final spread may look amazing and scary, but Kaido transforming into L mode indicates he's not feeling very threatened. Kaido acting like a masochist finally in his element. The Yonko are barely feeling out their opponents as the match is just got started. Unfortunate that the Oda breaks lines up with two successive WSJ breaks. But no matter what Strawhats Oda cuts to next chapter, I'm thrilled for fights and more fights all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.