2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Straw Hat Luffy"

One Piece Manga Chapter 1000 Discussion and 1001 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 1000 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 1001

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Reactions: Love Cook

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Chapter 1000.

Release date chapter 1: July 19 1997.

One Piece was released 23 years, 5 months and 10 days ago. Luffy punched his way out of a barrel dreaming of becoming the Pirate King. Now almost a quarter of a century later he is facing off against two yonkou who are the biggest obstacles in his way of reaching his destination.

Just like Luffy has met countless of people along the way, I've seen a lot of people come and go on the multiple forums I was a part of while witnessing Oda's greatness. NarutoBase, FairytailBase and now AnimeBase, thank you for hosting all the weekly topics and bringing a lot of awesome people in.

I like to share a sake cup with: Caliburn, Gamahiro, Rei-chan and YowYan. Some of the OG's who have been here for a substantial part of the ride. There have been many more people of course and you all made this journey a lot more enjoyable, and I hope we all can see Luffy become Pirate King one day.

The first punch is thrown, the fight is on. See you in 2021 !

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Chapter 1000.

One Piece was released 23 years, 5 months and 10 days ago. Luffy punched his way out of a barrel dreaming of becoming the Pirate King. Now almost a quarter of a century later he is facing off against two yonkou who are the biggest obstacles in his way of reaching his destination.

Just like Luffy has met countless of people along the way, I've seen a lot of people come and go on the multiple forums I was a part of while witnessing Oda's greatness. NarutoBase, FairytailBase and now AnimeBase, thank you for hosting all the weekly topics and bringing a lot of awesome people in.

I like to share a sake cup with: Caliburn, Gamahiro, Rei-chan and YowYan. Some of the OG's who have been here for a substantial part of the ride. There have been many more people of course and you all made this journey a lot more enjoyable, and I hope we all can see Luffy become Pirate King one day.

Never say no to good alcohol 🍻

And after an additional 50 chapters or so it will be around 500 chapters since I started reading OP.

I miss the days that forums where the go-to place to discuss manga. Reddit threads feels like the digital equivalent of a room full of people where everyone screams.

• Wow
Reactions: Erikhog and Shanks

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So Looks like Oda is staging grand stage for SuperNova to shine , it took damn 500 chapter to assemble against 2 of the best yonkos in the seas .

What i find interesting is Luffy's growth trajectory and Zoro on rooftop is symbolic representation of Captain and VC toe to toe against Kaido whom they had eye set since Punk hazard . It will be interesting to see if Luffy and Zoro can beat kaido at all ?

Overall I found Yamato and Ace storyline is underwhelming and dragged the plot , it looks like Oda wants Yamato as Nakama , terribly dislike her character because she fit no qualities of straw hats and Ace plot connection seemed rather forced at times .

New key part of the story what exactly Roger and Luffy said in that panel . I read this before but it was never shown to us in main light , so whatever Luffy and Roger spoke is something beyond role of Pirate King .

Great Chapter 4/5 :
Underwhelming :
1. Yamato and Ace storyline dragged to no end (very boring Why does Oda keep bringing Ace everywhere ? )
2 Portryal of King and Queen it was tragic how they cannot even handle Marco .
Post automatically merged:

Chapter 1000.

Aha even before Naruto you were active around here and one of the prime reason that made me like Sanji as character . How do you feel about Oda 's relation with Zoro and Sanji in current chapter ? Just asking i saw many sanji fans were disappointed on with current chapter !

Never say no to good alcohol 🍻

And after an additional 50 chapters or so it will be around 500 chapters since I started reading OP.

I miss the days that forums where the go-to place to discuss manga. Reddit threads feels like the digital equivalent of a room full of people where everyone screams.
So do you think Zoro will kill kaido this arc ? What do you say as Zoro fanboy ?

Last edited:

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So Looks like Oda is staging grand stage for SuperNova to shine , it took damn 500 chapter to assemble against 2 of the best yonkos in the seas .

What i find interesting is Luffy's growth trajectory and Zoro on rooftop is symbolic representation of Captain and VC toe to toe against Kaido whom they had eye set since Punk hazard . It will be interesting to see if Luffy and Zoro can beat kaido at all ?

Overall I found Yamato and Ace storyline is underwhelming and dragged the plot , it looks like Oda wants Yamato as Nakama , terribly dislike her character because she fit no qualities of straw hats and Ace plot connection seemed rather forced at times .

New key part of the story what exactly Roger and Luffy said in that panel . I read this before but it was never shown to us in main light , so whatever Luffy and Roger spoke is something beyond role of Pirate King .

Great Chapter 4/5 :
Underwhelming :
1. Yamato and Ace storyline dragged to no end (very boring Why does Oda keep bringing Ace everywhere ? )
2 Portryal of King and Queen it was tragic how they cannot even handle Marco .

Aha even before Naruto you were active around here and one of the prime reason that made me like Sanji as character . How do you feel about Oda 's relation with Zoro and Sanji in current chapter ? Just asking i saw many sanji fans were disappointed on with current chapter !

So do you think Zoro will kill kaido this arc ? What do you say as Zoro fanboy ?
ExcUsE Me? Fan-boy? Moi? How dare you. Fanboys are those empty-headed immature dipsticks that will have a mental breakdown if not everyone has a spontaneous monumental orgasm each time their favourite character snorts.

I am a Zoro connaisseur. I take the good and the bad. Nothing as dull as a perfect character.

To be honest I wasn't really expecting a Supernova vs Two Yonkou stand-off. The norm was always a 1 vs 1. A fight of this magnitude with so many participants is unprecedented.

There's also still two unknown quantities left: The BM Pirates and King & Queen. I'm not really sure what Oda is planning for the former, but in the case of the latter I find it hard to believe that Marco can occupy the both of them. Even if he's individually stronger, it's a bit too much that he would be able to take on the two strongest fighters of the Beasts Pirates. However, there's not really anyone left that that could take on either of the two.

So, I'm kind of expecting for King to fly through the hole to partake in the battle and eventually it will end up with BM & Kaidou vs Law, Luffy & Kidd and King vs Zoro & Killer.

Reactions: Shanks

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
ExcUsE Me? Fan-boy? Moi? How dare you. Fanboys are those empty-headed immature dipsticks that will have a mental breakdown if not everyone has a spontaneous monumental orgasm each time their favourite character snorts.

I am a Zoro connaisseur. I take the good and the bad. Nothing as dull as a perfect character.

To be honest I wasn't really expecting a Supernova vs Two Yonkou stand-off. The norm was always a 1 vs 1. A fight of this magnitude with so many participants is unprecedented.

There's also still two unknown quantities left: The BM Pirates and King & Queen. I'm not really sure what Oda is planning for the former, but in the case of the latter I find it hard to believe that Marco can occupy the both of them. Even if he's individually stronger, it's a bit too much that he would be able to take on the two strongest fighters of the Beasts Pirates. However, there's not really anyone left that that could take on either of the two.

So, I'm kind of expecting for King to fly through the hole to partake in the battle and eventually it will end up with BM & Kaidou vs Law, Luffy & Kidd and King vs Zoro & Killer.
Dont tell me you are not excited by zoro fighting kaido. We all have been waiting for years its okay cali . ;)

Reactions: WhistleBlower

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Zoro and Killer are gonna vs King he is going to make it up to the room, whilst the 3 captains will vs the two yonkou. A combination technique utlising law, luffy, kids devil fruit would be destructive!!

And tf's big moms crew? lmao its been ages since queen announced their arrival to wano. Plus now that their in alliance with the beast pirates they should be able to come up easier. I wonder whats the hold up? (dont say plot lol) . Wanda and Carrot are only versing Perespero, the other big mom pirates should be able to pass their fight and unto the battlefield.

Last edited:

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Dont tell me you are not excited by zoro fighting kaido. We all have been waiting for years its okay cali . ;)
Not really to be honest as Zoro vs Kaidou is simply not a match he could/should win. Neither from a story nor strength perspective and that kind of dampens the excitement for it. I expect Zoro at a certain point being able to get a hit in as he is wielding Enma, Oden's sword that was able to hurt him before, but in the end it are Luffy and the other captains that should take the brunt of the assault.

I've been anticipating for a King vs Zoro showdown. So far no particular connection has been established between Zoro and King to warrant such a fight, but I've got this scenario in my head where it was King who killed the last Daiymo from Ringo (Ushimaru Shimotsuki) and has since become the 'official' ruler of the region. Both King and Queen have their own regions, but if that also applies to King is not known. Additionally, we don't know exactly how Ushimaru died other than that he and the other Daiymo's rebelled against Kaidou.

Taking the connection between Zoro and the Shimotsuki clan in account, this fight would be quite symbolic. There's more potential for Zoro's character growth in this fight than with Kaidou as the latter is already involved with too many other characters.

Let’s not forget Marco is the defacto cap of the whiteboard pirates so he would be pretty strong
The remnants of the WB Pirates and it's debatable whether they can even still be qualified as an actual pirate crew. Weevil seemingly could pick off all the crews that were affiliated with WB without much resistance and Marco was alone when Neko found him (which is kind of weird for an acting pirate captain). In the end Marco himself is not a Yonkou. That he can best either King or Queen individually is acceptable, but both of them at the same time is a bit too much. That in particular would be anticlimactic for King's character.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think zoo's definitely gonna get a hit in on kaido. Like Cali said he has Enma and 3 sword 3>2 lol.

I wanted to see sanji fight King not just because it'd be nice to see him fight the #2 for once but also both are air based(ish) and when king kicked sanji i figured it was setting up a rematch or at least a revenge shot from sanji but now not sure.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Not really to be honest as Zoro vs Kaidou is simply not a match he could/should win. Neither from a story nor strength perspective and that kind of dampens the excitement for it. I expect Zoro at a certain point being able to get a hit in as he is wielding Enma, Oden's sword that was able to hurt him before, but in the end it are Luffy and the other captains that should take the brunt of the assault.

I've been anticipating for a King vs Zoro showdown. So far no particular connection has been established between Zoro and King to warrant such a fight, but I've got this scenario in my head where it was King who killed the last Daiymo from Ringo (Ushimaru Shimotsuki) and has since become the 'official' ruler of the region. Both King and Queen have their own regions, but if that also applies to King is not known. Additionally, we don't know exactly how Ushimaru died other than that he and the other Daiymo's rebelled against Kaidou.

Taking the connection between Zoro and the Shimotsuki clan in account, this fight would be quite symbolic. There's more potential for Zoro's character growth in this fight than with Kaidou as the latter is already involved with too many other characters.

The remnants of the WB Pirates and it's debatable whether they can even still be qualified as an actual pirate crew. Weevil seemingly could pick off all the crews that were affiliated with WB without much resistance and Marco was alone when Neko found him (which is kind of weird for an acting pirate captain). In the end Marco himself is not a Yonkou. That he can best either King or Queen individually is acceptable, but both of them at the same time is a bit too much. That in particular would be anticlimactic for King's character.
I think he will face king at Act 4 and final act he will cut kaido in flower capital. Though i agree he wont steal spotlight from luffy however.

I think zoo's definitely gonna get a hit in on kaido. Like Cali said he has Enma and 3 sword 3>2 lol.

I wanted to see sanji fight King not just because it'd be nice to see him fight the #2 for once but also both are air based(ish) and when king kicked sanji i figured it was setting up a rematch or at least a revenge shot from sanji but now not sure.
This is my match up in Act 4

zoro will learn how to cut fire when he faces king . Thats why i think he will fail against kaido and will be crushed in act 3 .

I think king will be zoro's katakuri this arc.

Last edited:

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think he will face king at Act 4 and final act he will cut kaido in flower capital. Though i agree he wont steal spotlight from luffy however.

This is my match up in Act 4

zoro will learn how to cut fire when he faces king . Thats why i think he will fail against kaido and will be crushed in act 3 .

I think king will be zoro's katakuri this arc.
Definitely possible just thought this would be a good time imo to give everyone a bit of a bump. Have sanji take on the #2, have zoro help against the big bad, let Franky and or robin challenge jack, chopper and jinbei against queen, brook vs apoo, nami and usopp against some of the flying 6.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I can see Zoro delivering the final blow to Kaidou.
I see it unfolding like this:

Law, Luffy and Kid have defeated kaidou to a great extent. They let their guard down and once their guard is down, something happens and Kaidou goes for Luffy from the back only for Zoro to "cut the strongest fish beast in the world". Who knows maybe Zoro's enma slice is amplified in power through Law's devil fruit power.

==============================================================================================

Also, who else noticed Luffy's depiction in this chapter (silhouette )is the exact same as when someone talked about leading shirahoshi in the future :

Last edited:

Uchiha seeker

Legendary
Kin
2,218💸
Kumi
237💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
First of all. 1000 chapters 😀😀😀
Zoro > Sanji.
This chapter has a lot of hype to it. I remember both my brothers talking about Ace dying and telling me to read One Piece and I'd laugh at the character designs. Now I'm the only one following One Piece weekly.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm a fan of Sanji because to me his character is the most interesting of all the SH's. His resolve to not use his hands in combat is a constant nod to his master Zeff who saved his life and became his father. Sanji would probably be a lot stronger if he doesn't limit himself but there are things that he respects more than power, which are honor and woman.

I've never participated in Sanji vs Zoro discussions, they're stupid for multiple reasons. They always basically come forth out of insecurity of 'fanbois'. Those are people who claim to be a fan of a character but don't understand anything about drive and motivation and want to reduce two decades of Oda's work into a test of strength. If strength was ever a decisive factor in One Piece Luffy should've stayed home in chapter 1 and also should stop fighting Kaido in Chapter 1001.

Sanji has enough strength to do what he wants to do, he is part of the monster trio so he is involved in interesting fights against big names. But Sanji is my favorite because he combines that strength with intelligence. He doesn't run towards the ruckus like Zoro and Luffy, he takes a path that nobody expects. Maybe it's better said that Mr. Prince is my favorite character because Sanji is at his best when he sneaks off and saves the day in the end.

So to the Sanji fans that are disappointed because Sanji is not on the roof right now. I feel like they don't understand why he doesn't have to be there at all. He was on track to get on the roof but he Mr. Princed himself out of there. And again if you're a Sanji fan you're probably not interested in him because of his power but because he brings things to the story, we've just had an entire arc that was more or less dedicated to him and his family. If you value that less than him being slapped Kaido in chapter 1003, because what chance does he have anyway up there, then maybe start at chapter one again because you're missing the essence of One Piece.

(Also we're forgetting about Big Mom, she needs to be taken out of the equation too otherwise there is no hope in winning this fight)

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm a fan of Sanji because to me his character is the most interesting of all the SH's. His resolve to not use his hands in combat is a constant nod to his master Zeff who saved his life and became his father. Sanji would probably be a lot stronger if he doesn't limit himself but there are things that he respects more than power, which are honor and woman.

I've never participated in Sanji vs Zoro discussions, they're stupid for multiple reasons. They always basically come forth out of insecurity of 'fanbois'. Those are people who claim to be a fan of a character but don't understand anything about drive and motivation and want to reduce two decades of Oda's work into a test of strength. If strength was ever a decisive factor in One Piece Luffy should've stayed home in chapter 1 and also should stop fighting Kaido in Chapter 1001.

Sanji has enough strength to do what he wants to do, he is part of the monster trio so he is involved in interesting fights against big names. But Sanji is my favorite because he combines that strength with intelligence. He doesn't run towards the ruckus like Zoro and Luffy, he takes a path that nobody expects. Maybe it's better said that Mr. Prince is my favorite character because Sanji is at his best when he sneaks off and saves the day in the end.

So to the Sanji fans that are disappointed because Sanji is not on the roof right now. I feel like they don't understand why he doesn't have to be there at all. He was on track to get on the roof but he Mr. Princed himself out of there. And again if you're a Sanji fan you're probably not interested in him because of his power but because he brings things to the story, we've just had an entire arc that was more or less dedicated to him and his family. If you value that less than him being slapped Kaido in chapter 1003, because what chance does he have anyway up there, then maybe start at chapter one again because you're missing the essence of One Piece.

(Also we're forgetting about Big Mom, she needs to be taken out of the equation too otherwise there is no hope in winning this fight)
You're such a liar.

It's the brows, ain't it?

You must be registered for see images

• Love
Reactions: Love Cook

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1001 + future predictions:

- The tragedy of wano act 3 will be Kaido’s hybrid form and it’s why he’s suicidal. Hybrid form - top half fish with small dragon legs. XD

- I hope we get a God Valley flashback. We will at least get to see the reactions from Luffy's Red Roc attack from everyone. I don't think it will happen but I hope Act 3 ends this chapter or 1002.
About Kid's power. He is obviously gonna be strong. However I honestly don't know when a certain scenario will take place. The scenario in question is that Luffy and Kid will undergo the same test/battle but only 1 will come out the victor. I unfortunately think it will happen to Kid before this arc is over. He is not as strong as Luffy right now since the events he's gone through til now isn't being tailor made for him to get as strong as possible as fast as possible like it is with Luffy. Yes Kid and Luffy competed in Udon Prison which certainly helped. But once the prisoners were freed Kid and Killer left, while Luffy stayed to train his Ryuo.
Kid will definitely demonstrate what he can do and it will shock the others (he is very likely around Marco's power, I just don't think it can match or exceed Luffy's power right now.
As far as the overall battle there will be times it looks like the Yonko's are winning while other times it will look like the Worst Generation is winning. That's how shonen usually goes, gotta show all possible outcomes lol.

- I believe O-Tama will save the day, not in a good way but setting up for next arc. I believe Tama will use her DF on Big M and she will kidnap Tama mid battle (along with Chopper/Nami probably). Hear me out:
Sometime before Big Mom will go on a rampage and Tama will use her Df and create a Dango, this Dango might bring Big Mom rampage down or makes her remember the time she was a Kid before the sister and kids disappear. either way Tama's ability to quench the hunger or one of above reasons Big Mom will kidnap Tama along with Chopper or Nami(i believe Nami is Big M daughter) and head towards elbaf. This will lessen the burden on Straw Hats/Kidd vs Kaido, Also setup for a nice reason for Straw Hats to goto Elbaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.