Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well yeah sharks loose often teeth when they attack, but they always grow back. Both Arlong and Hodi are sharks, so hence they can do the teeth trick =DD
I know how the trick works but I just thought it was funny Oda draws all these parallels with the Arlong fight like 9 years ago.

Luffy broke Hody's fin sword this chapter. Luffy broke Arlong's Kiribachi sword.
You must be registered for see images

Arlong bit Luffy in the same shoulder:

And that is just in this chapter there are a lot of these kind of things and I am probably overlooking so many of them but somehow Oda plans it all and has time to hide them into the story without being obvious and distracting from the main storyline.

If anyone has more of these parallels they should post them, I love stuff like that.

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I know how the trick works but I just thought it was funny Oda draws all these parallels with the Arlong fight like 9 years ago.

Luffy broke Hody's fin sword this chapter. Luffy broke Arlong's Kiribachi sword.

Arlong bit Luffy in the same shoulder:

And that is just in this chapter there are a lot of these kind of things and I am probably overlooking so many of them but somehow Oda plans it all and has time to hide them into the story without being obvious and distracting from the main storyline.

If anyone has more of these parallels they should post them, I love stuff like that.
Coby is a cry baby with pink hair kept in a place he didn't want because of pirates. Being such a cry baby, Luffy, upon meeting them, he immediately told him he didn't like him.

The second person Luffy immediately told he didn't like was Shirahoshi. Cru baby, pink hair, locked somewhere she didn't like because of pirates xd.

Both Arlong and Hodi sat on a throne and acted like they were superior. Both were shocked by luffy's power.

Both were punched hard in the opening of the fight.

Both were punched so hard their teeth were broken whole.

Luffy was forced in the water by both, and then required someone else to aid him. Luffy was forced by Arlong by being thrown in the water, and was forced by Hodi because Hodi escaped to the water, and Luffy had to follow.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Coby is a cry baby with pink hair kept in a place he didn't want because of pirates. Being such a cry baby, Luffy, upon meeting them, he immediately told him he didn't like him.

The second person Luffy immediately told he didn't like was Shirahoshi. Cru baby, pink hair, locked somewhere she didn't like because of pirates xd.

Both Arlong and Hodi sat on a throne and acted like they were superior. Both were shocked by luffy's power.

Both were punched hard in the opening of the fight.

Both were punched so hard their teeth were broken whole.

Luffy was forced in the water by both, and then required someone else to aid him. Luffy was forced by Arlong by being thrown in the water, and was forced by Hodi because Hodi escaped to the water, and Luffy had to follow.
Just thought of another one..

Zoro fought an octopus in Arlong park and is now fighting one again.

shk1020

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If that's how it should be translated then I think that Tiger is Hodi's father or some shit like that. That would explain his extreme hatred of Humans as he blames them for his fathers death.
nooooooooooo...not another revenge story!!!! have had enough of "revenge" from naruto. XD but either way, your story is plausible.

s0ulja

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If that's how it should be translated then I think that Tiger is Hodi's father or some shit like that. That would explain his extreme hatred of Humans as he blames them for his fathers death.
i highly doubt thats the case, it only mentions he looked upto arlong and fish tiger...plus i thought in jinbe's story fish tiger himself refused to receive blood from the humans?

No no no no. no no no no no, no no no. NO.

Hodi is NOT going to join, no no no no no no.
tbh if a FM is to join the SH's the only candidate is hody..the likelihood of that happening seems slim though

Amanwithnoplan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i highly doubt thats the case, it only mentions he looked upto arlong and fish tiger...plus i thought in jinbe's story fish tiger himself refused to receive blood from the humans?

tbh if a FM is to join the SH's the only candidate is hody..the likelihood of that happening seems slim though
Yeah but the story that was told was that the humans refused to donate blood.

MantoraSama

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
After witnessing the strength of the crew and Hodi, I could honestly see Hodi joining. It wouldn't be the first time a villain join them. However, I am still building the theory but Hodi very well may be the next member.

Rough reasoning
I'm convinced that Hodi is going to be the next nakama, based on these facts.
  • It was shown that Zoro can handle base Hodi easily and underwater I might add.
  • Mentioned, by a rather reliable character, that Sanji seems to be capable of moving faster or just as fast as a fishman with his Blue Walk
  • Hodi's battle with Luffy is one prolonged, deliberately. Because, we all know that Luffy could of been finished Hodi without the distraction of Noah.
  • Hence, this fight is for Hodi's development and interaction with Luffy. Therefore, he is going to gain a sad past, a quality shared among the Straw Hats.
This rough theory, even manages to please that pesty fan-created requirement such as not breaking the Monster Trio in regard of strength. Hodi would fit easily. Am I for it? Not quite, however this is why I am a fan and Oda is the writer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dracule
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
After witnessing the strength of the crew and Hodi, I could honestly see Hodi joining. It wouldn't be the first time a villain join them. However, I am stilling building the theory but Hodi very well may be the next member.

Rough reasoning
I'm convinced that Hodi is going to be the next nakama, based on these facts.
  • It was shown that Zoro can handle base Hodi easily and underwater I might add.
  • Mentioned, by a rather reliable character, that Sanji seems to be capable of moving faster or just as fast of a fishman with his Blue Walk
  • Hodi's battle with Luffy is one prolonged, deliberately. Because, we all know that Luffy could of been finished Hodi without the distraction of Noah.
  • Hence, this fight is for Hodi's development and interaction with Luffy. Therefore, he is going to gain a sad past, a quality shared among the Straw Hats.
This rough theory, even manages to please that pesty fan-created requirement such as not breaking the Monster Trio in regard of strength. Hodi would fit easily. Am I for it? Not quite, however this is why I am a fan and Oda is the writer.
NO!!!
It makes to much sense and i dont want him to join so im going to sit in a corner with my fingers in my ears and my eyes closed until this arc is overr!!!! I cant hear you