[Discussion] One Piece episode 489: Enter Shanks! The Ultimate War Ends at Last !!

I rate this episode...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Enter Shanks!
The Ultimate War Ends at Last !!"​
One Piece episode 489 Discussion

Discuss One Piece episode 489 here and rate this episode.

Please remember to rate this weeks episode!

You must be registered for see images

Ace

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awesome episode, now i await the next one. Had a epic war, and the ending topped it off. Now I want to see the next one, or at least the preview. :D

Kagutsuchi

Legendary
Kin
54💸
Kumi
1,235💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Shanks is Badass As always , what I don't understand is why is he Treated specially ? Sengoku was listening to Shanks and said because You asked so. I have read the manga and I wanted to ask it then aswell. Whats the Story ? Why Shanks has too much influence on Sengoku ? or whole of MarineFord ? I can imagine that Mihawk didn't want to fight because He is friends with Shanks.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think because Sengoku knows well that Shanks is the good kind of pirate. Of course he rather don't negotiate with them, but Sengoku is a man of honour He knows how to handle in that kind of situation. Whitebeard and Ace deserved a proper burial and Sengoku understood that. If he reacted the same as the other marines he embaresses the Navy in front of the whole world. It shows goodwill and besides he didn't have much leverage. I doubt the navy could've put up much of a battle with another Yonkou and.

I think the way Shanks entered the battlefield was important too. If he started slashing and shooting it would only be oil on the fire. It was clear both sides wanted to quit but no one wanted to be first. This was the perfect solution because neither the whitebeard pirates nor the marine gave in. I think the Yonkou have a bit more rights over ordinary pirates. A bit like Schibukai, because the navy isn't very happy to battle yonkou.

So, Sengoku had a few options but I think this was the best one to keep a good relation with the red haired pirates and to prevent humilation in front of the eye of the world.

uzamaki2223

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i thought that this episode was super epic!!!! the way shanks came n was too kool n wen i saw the snipers react it reminded me of the Sopranos or sum gang protectin their boss... too epic... the more i think about it, n i think that it was actually hinted to n the anime, the more i think that the asembling of the blackbeard pirates was to rival shanks main pirate crew... i had initially thought that it was for the setup of the blackbeard n strawhat battle n i guess it could still b but this episode made so much more curious about the comin chapters n da manga...