[Discussion] one piece chapter 1001 : Oden is a yonko level???!!!!..

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
11,914๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
i--------------->.

only in few times i get excited when i read a chapter of one piece : it was during 7 water arc..during alabasta arc...and during skypiea arc...

and today chapter 1001 of one piece made me happy ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜...

you may wonder why today chapter 1001 made me happy ...i'll tell you why in less then 5 months...

so what i learned in today's chapter??? :

what i learned is :

1- Oden is yonko level...

You must be registered to see images

2-Luffy's brain don't process fear :

yeah it means going throu many dificutlies and hardship and bla bla bla..

but teh Luffy's mental structure dont have something called fear...this is cruciall condition to break limits and achieve freedome ;)..

that is to answer big mama kestion...

3-rock D Xebeck fought Kaido (theory) :

how did that happen????? :

my theory : at some point in past kaido challenged rock D exebeck...deal was if kaido lose he would join rock xebeck pirate crew...wich happened later..

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
11,914๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I mean Oden was getting the better of kaido in their fight when it was 1 v 1 and only lost because the witch lady created a distraction.
but bro kaido just aknowleged Oden...also notice how kaido didn't mention keko moria..wich implies keko moria got soloed easily by kaido..whereas oden fought like boss!!!..

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
129๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
but bro kaido just aknowleged Oden...also notice how kaido didn't mention keko moria..wich implies keko moria got soloed easily by kaido..whereas oden fought like boss!!!..
I'm agreeing with you. The way the manga showed it Oden would have beat kaido 1v1.

Also no one thought moria ever gave kaido a real fight he lost his whole crew and ran away.

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
11,914๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I'm agreeing with you. The way the manga showed it Oden would have beat kaido 1v1.

Also no one thought moria ever gave kaido a real fight he lost his whole crew and ran away.

i know u r agreeing..my point is oden portrayed that strong is bit surprising...i would say he is chichobokai level but not yonko i think..

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
129๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Oden is not yonko level he fought Yc1 level kaido in flashback and kaido was not yonko back then.

If we scale oden he will be around Admiral level at best. He is nowhere near Whitebeard/Roger/Shanks .
Proof kaidou wasn't already a yonkou at the time of that fight

Also admiral level is yonko level despite some people being stronger than others on the same level. That's what a level is, if you can put up a good fight 1v1 your on the same level.
Might not be the same strength but you're on the same comparable level. Personally I think 9 out of 10 times a yonkou would edge out a W over an admiral 1v1 but they're still on the same level.

Last edited:

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Oden is not yonko level he fought Yc1 level kaido in flashback and kaido was not yonko back then.

If we scale oden he will be around Admiral level at best. He is nowhere near Whitebeard/Roger/Shanks .
I beg to differ.
There was a panel where Kaido said that Oden might have a chance against him if he had allied with Yakuza Bosses(something of that sort).
Also he defeated YC3 lvl guy - Ashura even before he started his Voyage.

Both WB n Roger Pirates considered him as a Beast. As much that WB offered him 2nd Commander seat.

Also Kaido has 2nd time put Oden in same category as Roger n WB.
First when he clashed with Oden n now.

So he could very well be a Yonko lvl guy.
I m inclining that he might be stronger than BM.

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
11,914๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Yup he must have some strong haki. Didnt he tank a straight him from Kaido whereas Luffy couldnt even react and got one shot.
The mans strong af and durable too. Those schichibukai (so sorry for the misspell) are nowhere near his level.

Proof kaidou wasn't already a yonkou at the time of that fight

Also admiral level is yonko level despite some people being stronger than others on the same level. That's what a level is, if you can put up a good fight 1v1 your on the same level.
Might not be the same strength but you're on the same comparable level. Personally I think 9 out of 10 times a yonkou would edge out a W over an admiral 1v1 but they're still on the same level.
I beg to differ.
There was a panel where Kaido said that Oden might have a chance against him if he had allied with Yakuza Bosses(something of that sort).
Also he defeated YC3 lvl guy - Ashura even before he started his Voyage.

Both WB n Roger Pirates considered him as a Beast. As much that WB offered him 2nd Commander seat.

Also Kaido has 2nd time put Oden in same category as Roger n WB.
First when he clashed with Oden n now.

So he could very well be a Yonko lvl guy.
I m inclining that he might be stronger than BM.

im pretey sure oden is chichibokai level....do u forexenple think oden is stronger then toflaminco or katakori?????...was oden even second man of wb...see what i mean????..

i tink reason why kaito praized oden is becuz oden managed wound him badly..also main reason is becoz oden was impressed and touched by way oden died...kaito had respect toward oden in a end..

unless manga reveal that oden was very skilled at haki then tis could make him yanko level...

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
im pretey sure oden is chichibokai level....do u forexenple think oden is stronger then toflaminco or katakori?????...was oden even second man of wb...see what i mean????..

i tink reason why kaito praized oden is becuz oden managed wound him badly..also main reason is becoz oden was impressed and touched by way oden died...kaito had respect toward oden in a end..

unless manga reveal that oden was very skilled at haki then tis could make him yanko level...
Oden was stronger then Dofflamingo.
Dofflamingo feared Kaido.

Oden didn't.

Kaido himself said

If he had fought back wit Yakuza Bosses then he had a chance against Kaido. This is what Yonko lvl guys does. They increase there strength by forming alliances.

Also it wasn't just abt cutting Kaido, Beast Pirates didn't thought Oden was that strong

Coming to Haki, we saw what Enma did to Zoro's hand. Oden used 2of those which eats the energy (or whatever it is) of the swordsman.
A normal swordsman would have collapsed(said in manga). Suggest he got like huge energy reserves.
Now when Kaido was introduced he was said to be having those impenetrable skin hype. Only visible scar that he got he received from Oden(which suggests he got those Advance Armament Haki thing going on).

On top of that when 3 top tier guys believe that he was "something incredible" then obviously he's far stronger then any Shichibukai lvl guy

Now the simple fact that Kaido has fought with so many ppl n only 5were considered as his greatest foe (all top lvl) suggest that Oden strength wise was either Yonko lvl or close to Yonko lvl guy.

Reactions: minamoto

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
129๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ

Shichibukai is a very vague level, you have moriah to mihawk and a random buggy thrown in to skew things even more. Doffy Mihawk and kata could give an admiral a good fight i would say, doffy probably the least so of the three.

Oden was probably stronger than doffy or katakuri yeah.
Oden was 2nd division commander, not bad placing for someone who joined the crew recently(if commander #'s correlated to strength).

Didn't the manga show him coating both his swords already thats pretty good haki plus he knows wano's ryou version which makes it even more effective offensively.

Uchiha seeker

Legendary
Kin
2,218๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
237๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards

Yes I think Oden beats them all. Also didnt Oden join them for a short period, no point in making him 2nd or 3rd man when he can take on WB hue.

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
11,914๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Oden was stronger then Dofflamingo.
Dofflamingo feared Kaido.

Oden didn't.

Kaido himself said

If he had fought back wit Yakuza Bosses then he had a chance against Kaido. This is what Yonko lvl guys does. They increase there strength by forming alliances.

Also it wasn't just abt cutting Kaido, Beast Pirates didn't thought Oden was that strong

Coming to Haki, we saw what Enma did to Zoro's hand. Oden used 2of those which eats the energy (or whatever it is) of the swordsman.
A normal swordsman would have collapsed(said in manga). Suggest he got like huge energy reserves.
Now when Kaido was introduced he was said to be having those impenetrable skin hype. Only visible scar that he got he received from Oden(which suggests he got those Advance Armament Haki thing going on).

On top of that when 3 top tier guys believe that he was "something incredible" then obviously he's far stronger then any Shichibukai lvl guy

Now the simple fact that Kaido has fought with so many ppl n only 5were considered as his greatest foe (all top lvl) suggest that Oden strength wise was either Yonko lvl or close to Yonko lvl guy.

doffy DIDNT FEAR KAITO...it was law who assumed that not doffy who adimited that...doffy feared teh aftermaths of luffy ruining his buisness....but still kaido might be stronger then doffy...but at same time im pretey sure if doffy fought kaido he would put up good fight befor losing...

did you forget that doffy is one of celestial dragonz and has strong hakis too????..

if luffy beat kaito is thanks to him managing to defeat doffy ( and akatkori too)...

luffy defeating doffy gave luffy so much confidence that he can challenge and beat some yonkos..

Shichibukai is a very vague level, you have moriah to mihawk and a random buggy thrown in to skew things even more. Doffy Mihawk and kata could give an admiral a good fight i would say, doffy probably the least so of the three.

Oden was probably stronger than doffy or katakuri yeah.
Oden was 2nd division commander, not bad placing for someone who joined the crew recently(if commander #'s correlated to strength).

Didn't the manga show him coating both his swords already thats pretty good haki plus he knows wano's ryou version which makes it even more effective offensively.
i disagree lil bit ...chichibukai members have some equality...for exemple mihawk is very strong swrodsman and haki user (no evil fruit user i guess)...but keko moriah himself isn't strong but rather his evil fruit shadow shadow no mi is the one that is very strong and scary ability...

also concerning keko moria why he got recruited as chichibokai wasn't becuz of his strenght but there was good reason behind it...wich is same reason celestial dragonz and blackbeard wanted him (same reason for traglafar d law i guess)..

there's no way Oden is stronger then katakuri or doffy....

doffy should've been yonko level..he has all qualities to achieve that...

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
doffy DIDNT FEAR KAITO...it was law who assumed that not doffy who adimited that...doffy feared teh aftermaths of luffy ruining his buisness....but still kaido might be stronger then doffy...but at same time im pretey sure if doffy fought kaido he would put up good fight befor losing...

did you forget that doffy is one of celestial dragonz and has strong hakis too????..

if luffy beat kaito is thanks to him managing to defeat doffy ( and akatkori too)...

luffy defeating doffy gave luffy so much confidence that he can challenge and beat some yonkos..
Incorrect. The scan I posted itself showed Doffy's expression fully changed when he learnt that Kaido is not going to get his smile.

Doffy lost to G4 Luffy. He couldn't do any damage to G4 Luffy(which proves he's Haki wasn't that Strong).
On the other hand Kaido one shot Luffy.

Also being a Celestial Dragon doesn't make him strong. I mean look at Corazon. He was weak even tho he shared the same blood as Dofflamingo.

If you ask me, Dofflamingo was on the same lvl as Cracker was i.e - YC lvl3. That's why in WCI Luffy struggled against Cracker. Beating Doffy didn't gave him confidence to take down Kaido. He wants to take down Yonkos from Fishman Island Arc where he challenged BM.
In Punk Hazard he told Law he will beat all of them.

Back to Oden- As I posted that Oden Vs Kaido was a long fight. Where Oden not only cut Kaido but Kaido himself said that he wasn't ready or was short on men if Oden had allied with Yakuza.
Now look at any Yonko Vs Shichibukai fight
WB Vs Crocodile
Kaido Vs Moria
BM Vs Jinbei
Notice they don't stand any chance against them. All of them lost n ran away from them. They don't even praise them. Rather Oden was praised by 3 top tier guys in 3seprate occasion. If Oden was ordinary pirate like Moria or Crocodile then why do you think Roger wanna fight him? Last I check Yonkos never showed any interest in fighting Shichibukai lvl guys(Mihawk being the only exception).

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
11,914๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Incorrect. The scan I posted itself showed Doffy's expression fully changed when he learnt that Kaido is not going to get his smile.

Doffy lost to G4 Luffy. He couldn't do any damage to G4 Luffy(which proves he's Haki wasn't that Strong).
On the other hand Kaido one shot Luffy.

Also being a Celestial Dragon doesn't make him strong. I mean look at Corazon. He was weak even tho he shared the same blood as Dofflamingo.

If you ask me, Dofflamingo was on the same lvl as Cracker was i.e - YC lvl3. That's why in WCI Luffy struggled against Cracker. Beating Doffy didn't gave him confidence to take down Kaido. He wants to take down Yonkos from Fishman Island Arc where he challenged BM.
In Punk Hazard he told Law he will beat all of them.

Back to Oden- As I posted that Oden Vs Kaido was a long fight. Where Oden not only cut Kaido but Kaido himself said that he wasn't ready or was short on men if Oden had allied with Yakuza.
Now look at any Yonko Vs Shichibukai fight
WB Vs Crocodile
Kaido Vs Moria
BM Vs Jinbei
Notice they don't stand any chance against them. All of them lost n ran away from them. They don't even praise them. Rather Oden was praised by 3 top tier guys in 3seprate occasion. If Oden was ordinary pirate like Moria or Crocodile then why do you think Roger wanna fight him? Last I check Yonkos never showed any interest in fighting Shichibukai lvl guys(Mihawk being the only exception).
redbold : like i said..doffy didn't say anything or admit fearing kaido...his facial expression changed becuz his ally and buisness partner kaido will become his enemy....(buizness will get fuccked up)..

corazon had weak evil fruit but doffy had stronger devil fruit(plus awakening)+ haki..

what about blackbeard when he had 2 evil fruits powers while still being chichibokai???what about mihawk????..

also u r derailing from original point and trying to contradict something i didn't say...I SAID DOFFFY WOULD LOSE TO KAIDO BUT HE WOULD STILL PUT UP GOOD FIGHT (dont forget about birdcage teknik)..

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
redbold : like i said..doffy didn't say anything or admit fearing kaido...his facial expression changed becuz his ally and buisness partner kaido will become his enemy....(buizness will get fuccked up)..

corazon had weak evil fruit but doffy had stronger devil fruit(plus awakening)+ haki..

also u r derailing from original point and trying to contradict something i didn't say...I SAID DOFFFY WOULD LOSE TO KAIDO BUT HE WOULD STILL PUT UP GOOD FIGHT (dont forget about birdcage teknik)..

Dofflamingo was ready to listen to the demands of Law even tho he was the reason 2of his crewmates were dead.
He knew very well that Kaido will come after him n he will die that's why he said to Law in Dressrosa that they both will perish.

Dofflamingo wasn't that Strong as his fans try to portray. U can check none of his attack affected Luffy in G4 form. Which again proved his offence was not that Strong.

U say he got Birdcage but what will it do to a guy who got Impenetrable skin hype?
Doffy can't even evade him as Kaido can fly thanks to his Dragon form.

Also df being weak or strong depends upon its user. Like Toki can do time jump yet perished in Wano. Or how about Foxy who got one of the hax df yet consider as fodder.

what about blackbeard when he had 2 evil fruits powers while still being chichibokai???what about mihawk????..
After getting the 2nd df immediately he didn't became Yonko lvl. That's why he left MF when he saw Shanks or ran away from Akainu during timeskip.

Now Mihawk is a very dicey subject.
U see alot of ppl believes he is a Yonko lvl bcus he's end goal of Zoro. They will use his title to impose it.
But so far whatever has been presented like World Strongest Slash or I wanna test my strength against WB doesn't prove he's Yonko lvl material.

He very well be close to a Yonko lvl like Oden was. Just Look at the mountain slash he used at MF is similar to what Oden did when he cut that mountain god/boar(whatever it was).

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
11,914๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Dofflamingo was ready to listen to the demands of Law even tho he was the reason 2of his crewmates were dead.
He knew very well that Kaido will come after him n he will die that's why he said to Law in Dressrosa that they both will perish.

Dofflamingo wasn't that Strong as his fans try to portray. U can check none of his attack affected Luffy in G4 form. Which again proved his offence was not that Strong.

U say he got Birdcage but what will it do to a guy who got Impenetrable skin hype?
Doffy can't even evade him as Kaido can fly thanks to his Dragon form.

Also df being weak or strong depends upon its user. Like Toki can do time jump yet perished in Wano. Or how about Foxy who got one of the hax df yet consider as fodder.

After getting the 2nd df immediately he didn't became Yonko lvl. That's why he left MF when he saw Shanks or ran away from Akainu during timeskip.

Now Mihawk is a very dicey subject.
U see alot of ppl believes he is a Yonko lvl bcus he's end goal of Zoro. They will use his title to impose it.
But so far whatever has been presented like World Strongest Slash or I wanna test my strength against WB doesn't prove he's Yonko lvl material.

He very well be close to a Yonko lvl like Oden was. Just Look at the mountain slash he used at MF is similar to what Oden did when he cut that mountain god/boar(whatever it was).
teh only thing that wasn't cut by toflaminco birdcage was seastone things..............now u do teh math between kaito thick strong evil fruit body...and seastone powerz..

tute for god of sake i keep tellin u that dofy would use to kaito it's just dofy would put up good fight...

blakbeard left adidas scare on shanks eye and its still hurts...and blakbeard didn't flee from only from akainu becuz akainu come with marine fleet...

also u forgot when minhawk fought shanks..

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
teh only thing that wasn't cut by toflaminco birdcage was seastone things..............now u do teh math between kaito thick strong evil fruit body...and seastone powerz..

tute for god of sake i keep tellin u that dofy would use to kaito it's just dofy would put up good fight...

blakbeard left adidas scare on shanks eye and its still hurts...and blakbeard didn't flee from only from akainu becuz akainu come with marine fleet...

also u forgot when minhawk fought shanks..
That Birdcage can't stop Kaido as
1)It takes time to set up
2)Once done Doffy himself will be trapped with Kaido.

Also I will imply that Bird cage had a plot hole ie it was made from the clone of Doffy(made from threads) same threads were destroyed by Luffy.

Now G4 Basically showed that Doffy's offence was mediocre against top tier. None of his attacks did any damage to Luffy when he was in G4 form. Rather he became his punching bag.
On the contrary when Kaido got sober he just one shot Bounceman.
How can Doffy even think to attack him when he struggled against Bounceman?
Another point u keep saying is Doffy got good Haki but his Haki did no damage to Bounceman.
So he's starting below Bounceman lvl but somehow will give good fight to Kaido? Does it makes any sense?

Also BB did agreed to stop when Shanks arrived. Didn't he?
He said it's not the time to fight with him when Shanks said if someone still looking for a fight then he will be the opponent

As I said that Mihawk is a very dicey subject n there were 10pages thread made on the forum where majority thinks he's a Yonko lvl just because of his title.
Whereas I believe him to be closer to Yonko lvl like Admirals are.

So far what Mihawk has shown like cutting a ship, cutting the mountain n Strongest Slash has already been replicated by Zoro.

His strongest slash couldn't cut Diamond (hardest thing in OPverse).
He had a rivalry with Shanks but that also ended before Shanks even became a Yonko. Rather that rivalry took place even before Shanks met Luffy.