Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: The One Piece 'Ask a Question' Thread

Then can you explain how luffy was able to use elephant gun against kraken in deep sea .As you mentioned a part of luffy's body was still under sea water outside the bubble,As per ur statement luffy should not have been able to use his DF ability in the first place.
Also robin got weakened while fighting the kraken,she was still in her ship.She was not submerged till her knees.how do you explain that?I am sure she can insert her hand in tub of normal water and not got weaken

"Even if a part of the user is submerged, they can not use their Devil Fruit powers, no matter how much or how little is submerged."

"However, if the user's body has been permanently altered by the fruit, then the user's ability can be manipulated by outside sources."

1. Timeskip. Of course Luffy and Robin have improved.
2. Submerged. Putting your hands in the water does not equal submerged now does it?
3. The entry was made before the timeskip. Nothing like a little logic can't fix.
4. Robin never fought the Kraken.
5. Luffy's body was changed, or permanently altered by the fruit.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

ha yeah i think they could take a bath but in the water their powers still work just that they are drained of their power and dont have the strength to use it and with robin her body was in the ship and she used her power for a second and she was strained and hurt cause of it but she is strong enough to be able to keep using her power for the second and with luffy was struggling using his power underwater but was strong enough to fight it off for the time being

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Then can you explain how luffy was able to use elephant gun against kraken in deep sea .As you mentioned a part of luffy's body was still under sea water outside the bubble,As per ur statement luffy should not have been able to use his DF ability in the first place.
Also robin got weakened while fighting the kraken,she was still in her ship.She was not submerged till her knees.how do you explain that?I am sure she can insert her hand in tub of normal water and not got weaken

I think the entry was wrong to begin with. It is not that DF user can't use they abilities, it rather drains their energy/vitality when they're in contact with water. What both Robin and Luffy did was support the drainage of energy for a little bit, allowing them to use their techniques. if they had been in the water more time, they'd collapse as usual (Like they did when they entered Fishman Island.

If the DF abilities don't require the user to be conscious to work (For example, Zoan and Logia users control their transformations, whereas Luffy is permanently made of Rubber) the outside forces, can, obviously, manipulate the person while they're passed out because of the water.

windrider

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I think the entry was wrong to begin with. It is not that DF user can't use they abilities, it rather drains their energy/vitality when they're in contact with water. What both Robin and Luffy did was support the drainage of energy for a little bit, allowing them to use their techniques. if they had been in the water more time, they'd collapse as usual (Like they did when they entered Fishman Island.

If the DF abilities don't require the user to be conscious to work (For example, Zoan and Logia users control their transformations, whereas Luffy is permanently made of Rubber) the outside forces, can, obviously, manipulate the person while they're passed out because of the water.
I agree but now there is a difference of opinion between salt water and normal water .Same example robin using her hand to lift the ship in sea water drained her power .Luffy's elephant gun(hand) in sea water drained his power but what about when luffy was in the pool where Boa Hancock was taking bath.Both of their DF abilities were not drained .say if robin inserts her her in normal water .Will that drain her abilities? .If robin had used a bath tub in her life ,as per Boa's statement ,she should drown in the Bathtub .hehehehe
I think sea water drains ones ability irrespective of whether one is submerged till the knee or not but a part of the body must be submerged and normal water doesn't drain one's ability .

1. Timeskip. Of course Luffy and Robin have improved.
2. Submerged. Putting your hands in the water does not equal submerged now does it?
Then how do you explain Luffy in Boa's pool.His or Boa's power were not drained .It is fresh water not sea water :)

3. The entry was made before the timeskip. Nothing like a little logic can't fix.
So now there is need to fix the logic .Explain the scenario ,Robin's hand in sea water without being submerged till her knees and Robins hand is fresh water without being submerged till her knees.As per your arguement ,if sea water and fresh water are the same .Even fresh water should drain DF abilities

4. Robin never fought the Kraken.
Agreed ,she was just supporting the ship

5. Luffy's body was changed, or permanently altered by the fruit.
Agreed permanently altered (paramecia )

Wow you should definitely become a lawyer Boa sama :p.

Last edited:

Brucewen001

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Luffy did complained about getting weaken coz of sea so did Robin...but not completely subdued...maybe they can endure it to some extent...and for some time...under sea,it's not like they cannot use their DF but their power will be compromised...and time period how long they can keep it up...will be shortened.

Last edited:

LikeItMuch

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Luffy did complained about getting weaken coz of sea so did Robin...but not completely subdued...maybe they can endure it to some extent...and for some time...under sea,it's not like they cannot use their DF but their power will be compromised...and time period how long they can keep it up...will be shortened.
Now this I agree with lol but Boa Hancock does make good points just cbf looking through and quoting them. Conerning the salt/sea water/fresh water thing I'll add in my 5 cents at the risk of getting owned lol

Devil Fruit Means luffy can't swim so he'll drown in a pond, river that he can't stand in. As long as he can stand he's fine and I don't recall it rendering his ability useless on the flashback of them being kids (maybe faulty memory) he just panicked because he couldn't swim. He had baths so I doubt that it drains his energy or renders his abillity null. As you see in Arlong Park when the drag his head to the surface

Sea Water drains their stamina so the longer their in it the more energy they lose. So I think spraying DF users with sea water wouldn't be so bad but it would look silly with water guns although I still think that it's a stragetic thing if implemented properly because if constantly sprayed or attacked with the water then their energy would ebb away.

Just saying xd

Boa Hancock

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Then how do you explain Luffy in Boa's pool.His or Boa's power were not drained .It is fresh water not sea water :)
The water was only up to their ankles. It has to be up to their knees for it to take effect. When she was there at the bath she needed Sandersonia and Marigold with her right? It's because it was to keep her from drowning I believe.

So now there is need to fix the logic .Explain the scenario ,Robin's hand in sea water without being submerged till her knees and Robins hand is fresh water without being submerged till her knees.As per your arguement ,if sea water and fresh water are the same .Even fresh water should drain DF abilities
Let's bring up an example. Say TS Robin and TS Luffy needed to rescue the crew who are drowning at the pool in Arlong Park (never mind the specifics). They could just do their thing, Luffy extending his arm while Robin does Ojos Fleur and do the same thing she did in the White White Sea. They'd feel weak yes, but not enough to let them lose control or lose their powers. They aren't submerged up to their knees in the water after all, they just put their hands in the water.

Sea Water drains their stamina so the longer their in it the more energy they lose. So I think spraying DF users with sea water wouldn't be so bad but it would look silly with water guns although I still think that it's a stragetic thing if implemented properly because if constantly sprayed or attacked with the water then their energy would ebb away.
Except that it wouldn't work since only standing water has an effect on them. Besides, running water from water guns have as much effect as rain, which is nada.

LikeItMuch

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Except that it wouldn't work since only standing water has an effect on them. Besides, running water from water guns have as much effect as rain, which is nada.
With this new power comes a weakness: the sea rejects the new Devil Fruit user and they become helpless while submerged in water (or "becomes a hammer," in Japanese parlance).[12] Oda stated in SBS that Devil Fruit users are susceptible to all types of water, not just seawater. He elaborated on this, saying that "moving" water, like rain or waves, does not weaken Devil Fruit users, while standing water does.

as quoted from One Piece wiki. So I just hammered myself and anyone else that says otherwise lol

windrider

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

The water was only up to their ankles. It has to be up to their knees for it to take effect. When she was there at the bath she needed Sandersonia and Marigold with her right? It's because it was to keep her from drowning I believe.
:D Are you not assuming things here .Boa needed Sandersonia and Marigold because she doesn't wanna any one to peak at her slave mark :shrug:.

The water was only up to their ankles
Nope you can clearly see Boa is submerged till her Hips and luffy till his knees ,technically she should be drowned as per your theory .

Then what about robin in her ship ,she was completely outside sea water ,Only her hands were inside sea water ? what difference does that make ankle or hand ?

At the end ,DF users can't swim either sea water or in fresh water but when it comes to energy drain,only sea water drains ,their energy not fresh water.

Last edited:

windrider

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Now this I agree with lol but Boa Hancock does make good points just cbf looking through and quoting them. Conerning the salt/sea water/fresh water thing I'll add in my 5 cents at the risk of getting owned lol

Devil Fruit Means luffy can't swim so he'll drown in a pond, river that he can't stand in. As long as he can stand he's fine and I don't recall it rendering his ability useless on the flashback of them being kids (maybe faulty memory) he just panicked because he couldn't swim. He had baths so I doubt that it drains his energy or renders his abillity null. As you see in Arlong Park when the drag his head to the surface

Just saying xd
Yes Agreed ,They can't swim in either sea water or fresh water if they are submerged ,They will become dead weight but when it comes to energy drain only sea water drains their energy not fresh water .

Proof :They have something called as sea stone that emits the same frequency as the sea .If DF user comes in contact with a sea stone ,DF users will not able to use their DF Abilities as their Df enerfy will be zapped .Why not have some thing called as freshwater stone ?

Brucewen001

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Yes Agreed ,They can't swim in either sea water or fresh water if they are submerged ,They will become dead weight but when it comes to energy drain only sea water drains their energy not fresh water .

Proof :They have something called as sea stone that emits the same frequency as the sea .If DF user comes in contact with a sea stone ,DF users will not able to use their DF Abilities as their Df enerfy will be zapped .Why not have some thing called as freshwater stone ?
yeah! that's a good point...
If we throw down luffy into lake and sea... In lake he will just die because of inability to swim but in sea he will both drown and drained of energy... If we put time limit,then differences between time for Luffy death in both case will be very different...
(sorry Luffy didn't meant to kill you)

windrider

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

:D Are you not assuming things here .Boa needed Sandersonia and Marigold because she doesn't wanna any one to peak at her slave mark :shrug:.

The water was only up to their ankles
Nope you can clearly see Boa is submerged till her Hips and luffy till his knees ,technically she should be drowned as per your theory .

Then what about robin in her ship ,she was completely outside sea water ,Only her hands were inside sea water ? what difference does that make ankle or hand ?

At the end ,DF users can't swim either sea water or in fresh water but when it comes to energy drain,only sea water drains ,their energy not fresh water.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Not really a question but more something I would like to show you.

This is about a Dutch 17 year old girl who sailed across the world to achieve a world record. She arrived at the finish point a couple of days ago. She did set a record time for the youngest person ever to sail to world on her own. But the guiness book of world records don't acknowledge the record because they don't want to encourage dangerous record attempts by young people.

Anyway she was the fastest. Child support and all kind of negative media tried to bash her but she pulled through and she made it back.

This is a picture of her in the Dutch Newspaper a couple of days ago and together with the whole story and this picture she reminded me of Nami.

You must be registered for see images

Just pretend she has red hair and look again.

windrider

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

This is about a Dutch 17 year old girl who sailed across the world to achieve a world record. She arrived at the finish point a couple of days ago. She did set a record time for the youngest person ever to sail to world on her own. But the guiness book of world records don't acknowledge the record because they don't want to encourage dangerous record attempts by young people.

Anyway she was the fastest. Child support and all kind of negative media tried to bash her but she pulled through and she made it back.

This is a picture of her in the Dutch Newspaper a couple of days ago and together with the whole story and this picture she reminded me of Nami.

you could have made it has separate thread ?

Brucewen001

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

off topic ... Don't you think?
btw world is a big place and what's new when I pretend she has red hair

Last edited:

Baka Sennin

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

ah i had read about her preparing to do it, didn't know she had actually went through with it though as she had met a lot of resistance. it's a pity she isn't acknowledged after all that effort, i can't imagine how much guts and training and sacrifices that took.

Boa Hancock

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Maybe I was assuming.

Yes she's drowned technically, she's at her weakest. Is that an argument ..? It's like asking whether Crocodile taking a bath in a hot spring makes him solid.

Put your hands in a pail full of water. Are you drowning, or in any danger?

Whatever body of water that's big enough DF users can sink and weaken. I don't know why that's an issue.

Last edited:

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

off topic ... Don't you think?
btw world is a big place and what's new when I pretend she has red hair
Why should I make a seperate thread for something so small. I just wanted to show a picture of a real life pirate girl who conquered the seas on her own in a little boat at the age of 17.

And I think with a little imagination she looks a lot like Nami as well. If you read the entire post you would've known why you should pretend that she has red hair.

windrider

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

maybe i was assuming.

Yes she's drowned technically, she's at her weakest. Is that an argument ..? It's like asking whether crocodile taking a bath in a hot spring makes him solid.

Put your hands in a pail full of water. Are you drowning, or in any danger?

Whatever body of water that's big enough df users can sink and weaken. I don't know why that's an issue.
ok ok let us not argue again sis <3.

Question : Why did not boa use slave arrow against luffy when she encountered him while bathing? .it would have turned him to stone irrespective of whether he had attraction or not