AT sama

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: The One Piece 'Ask a Question' Thread

I doubt Dragon had the time to give her personal training for 2 years. I'm sure the revolutionaries have plenty of other capable people that can train her.

Dragon did say he wanted to see her. So they probably had some talks about important world history and the future and his plans with the revolutionary army.
Yeah. I thought that way too.
Beside Robin's new fighting skills, especially big legs or big hands things, proves that she may not trained by Dragon personally. In the first place, I imagined that Robin trained by Dragon and learned some devilish skills from Dragon, but it seems she did not.:shrug:

LikeItMuch

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

This may sound silly but I think it's worth asking.
Why don't they have water guns in OP? Filled with seawater to fight against DF users? Or at least barrels filled with it to drench the mofos in it?

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I doubt Dragon had the time to give her personal training for 2 years. I'm sure the revolutionaries have plenty of other capable people that can train her.

Dragon did say he wanted to see her. So they probably had some talks about important world history and the future and his plans with the revolutionary army.
yes and i cant wait to find out more about what robin has been doing for the past two years and what she learned from being with Dragon and the revolutionary's for the past 2 years and i dont mean like her training or her devil fruit skill increase like what knowledge she learned from them from what they know

Boa Hancock

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Why don't they have water guns in OP? Filled with seawater to fight against DF users? Or at least barrels filled with it to drench the mofos in it?
Since it doesn't work. DF users have to be submerged up to their knees I guess in water for it to take effect, and I mean standing water. If every kind of water could affect them then they couldn't stand in the rain or take a bath.

It was used in 4kids, and it looked ridiculous.

Brucewen001

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

it would be overexploitation of their weakness...and underrate DF users... it may depend on how much percent your body is under water(only sea water,I guess...otherwise salt had no effect on zombies) and it's said SEA OR OCEAN repels the df users,not any water... So tap water or mineral water bottles ;) won't work...

Boa Hancock

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

it would be overexploitation of their weakness...and underrate DF users... it may depend on how much percent your body is under water(only sea water,I guess...otherwise salt had no effect on zombies) and it's said SEA OR OCEAN repels the df users,not any water... So tap water or mineral water bottles ;) won't work...
Salt was the zombies weakness, not saltwater.

A lake is made of fresh water, does that mean Luffy can swim there? I explained it all above.

Brucewen001

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

only ocean water can affect DF fruit user if it was ordinary water then it won't drain their power but still they can't swim
yeah! that's what I meant... Inability to swim is totally different than suffocating in sea water when it drains your power...Luffy will die by drowning in lake of fresh water but he can use his ability better than in sea water...

Boa Hancock

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

only ocean water can affect DF fruit user if it was ordinary water then it won't drain their power but still they can't swim
yeah! that's what I meant... Inability to swim is totally different than suffocating in sea water when it drains your power...Luffy will die by drowning in lake of fresh water but he can use his ability better than in sea water...
Still wrong. There's no big difference between sea water and fresh water. Chuck Luffy into a bathtub with the water level up to his knees and he'll still weaken.

Totsuka No Tsurugi

Legendary
Kin
53💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Still wrong. There's no big difference between sea water and fresh water. Chuck Luffy into a bathtub with the water level up to his knees and he'll still weaken.
nope look when crocodile flooded the brig luffy is fine, but when he touch that sea prism stone he got weakened

Brucewen001

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Boa hancock! There surely is BIG difference between sea water and normal water...that is salt... If not tell me why salt was used to purify zombies instead of normal water... They could make them drink any kind of water and.... Tada!! zombi purified!
Also give me any reference where it says ONLY water is weakness of DF users...I BET your 100 KUMI(your not mine:D)...there is always mention of "sea"word...

Boa Hancock

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

link or it doesn't happen
Who taught you this? First it was the WB incident, now this? If I can't find it then go see for yourselves. I can't be bothered trying to find the page where WB said he was gonna make Ace PK, but it's there.

With this new power comes a weakness: the sea rejects the new Devil Fruit user and they become helpless while submerged in water (or "becomes a hammer," in Japanese parlance). Oda stated in SBS that Devil Fruit users are susceptible to all types of water, not just seawater. He elaborated on this, saying that "moving" water, like rain or waves, does not weaken Devil Fruit users, while standing water does.

Oda also said in SBS that it isn't until a Devil Fruit user is knee deep in water that they become immobilized, this is seen with the Gorgon sisters and Luffy in Boa Hancock's bath. Brook was also seen slowly losing his strength as the water levels in the flood Ryugu Palace, demonstrating that being in contact with the sea does not instantly rob their strength unless it reaches a certain level. Even if a part of the user is submerged, they can not use their Devil Fruit powers, no matter how much or how little is submerged. However, if the user's body has been permanently altered by the fruit, then the user's ability can be manipulated by outside sources; i.e., when Luffy was knocked into the pool at Arlong Park, Genzo and Nojiko dove underwater and stretched his neck so his head would be above water. Being weak against the sea proves deadly to many Devil Fruit users who are pirates and Marines sailing the Grand Line. As well as this, the use of a Devil Fruit puts users at odds with races like the fishmen and some with greater weakness to the sea than normal (like the Kage Kage no Mi whose zombies are purified with salt) are almost useless against these races. However, the Devil Fruit power will also render a Fishman or Merman just as weak in water as anyone else, so this advantage is only applied to one that has not consumed a devil fruit themselves.
I don't know where to find it, but it's the best I've got. Arlong Park is a big forum, and an old one at that.

Boa Hancock

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Boa hancock! There surely is BIG difference between sea water and normal water...that is salt... If not tell me why salt was used to purify zombies instead of normal water... They could make them drink any kind of water and.... Tada!! zombi purified!
Also give me any reference where it says ONLY water is weakness of DF users...I BET your 100 KUMI(your not mine:D)...there is always mention of "sea"word...
I just proved it. Give me my 100 Kumi then.

Totsuka No Tsurugi

Legendary
Kin
53💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Who taught you this? First it was the WB incident, now this? If I can't find it then go see for yourselves. I can't be bothered trying to find the page where WB said he was gonna make Ace PK, but it's there.

I don't know where to find it, but it's the best I've got. Arlong Park is a big forum, and an old one at that.
i did try to find about the WB matters but i don't find anything so it doesn't happen, ppl take squardo rant to seriously U_U

now that's more like it good job finding thatU_U

Edit: and the one who taught about that "link or it doesn't happen" is Hyperion LOL

I just proved it. Give me my 100 Kumi then.
owned

windrider

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Even if a part of the user is submerged, they can not use their Devil Fruit powers, no matter how much or how little is submerged. However, if the user's body has been permanently altered by the fruit, then the user's ability can be manipulated by outside sources; i.e., when Luffy was knocked into the pool at Arlong Park, Genzo and Nojiko dove underwater and stretched his neck so his head would be above water. Being weak against the sea proves deadly to many Devil Fruit users who are pirates and Marines sailing the Grand Line. As well as this, the use of a Devil Fruit puts users at odds with races like the fishmen and some with greater weakness to the sea than normal (like the Kage Kage no Mi whose zombies are purified with salt) are almost useless against these races. However, the Devil Fruit power will also render a Fishman or Merman just as weak in water as anyone else, so this advantage is only applied to one that has not consumed a devil fruit themselves.
Then can you explain how luffy was able to use elephant gun against kraken in deep sea .As you mentioned a part of luffy's body was still under sea water outside the bubble,As per ur statement luffy should not have been able to use his DF ability in the first place.
Also robin got weakened while fighting the kraken,she was still in her ship.She was not submerged till her knees.how do you explain that?I am sure she can insert her hand in tub of normal water and not got weaken

Last edited: