0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: The One Piece 'Ask a Question' Thread

No mention of his bounty.

No backstory as of yet.

A sign of respect from Sengoku doesn't mean he's the "Most Respected Yonkou" now. He even respected Whitebeard, does that mean he has the "Most Respected" title? Also, Sengoku doesn't equal all Marines. Akainu and some Vice Admirals were all for a fight.
hmmm wagatha ,got your point.At the end of the day marines and pirates are enemies

windrider

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

question : if buggy is cut by an haki imbued sword ,will he still be able to regenerate after that ?

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Well, fishes don't copulate. If we want to get scientific about it, it is a given that Fishpeople and Merfolk's DNA works differently than normally, so any breed can fecundate any other breed, and the hybrid will be viable. In terms of recessive and dominate pairings, it works randomly, maybe something that occurs in the meiosis process that activates certain genes right away, possibility the transmission of ALL the genes that have been mixed together ever since the first ancestor, although manifesting only 1 particular specie.

That explains how can Merfolk and Fishpeople breed with each other and not only creating viable offspring, but also creating any specie that has ever been in contact with that bloodline, despite not being manifested in the parental phenotype.

Now, after the meiosis process, similar to the majority of fishes, and not like mammals, each participant will shed their gametes in the surrounding water and reproduce through external fertilization. Some shark species are indeed oviparous, even though the fertilization is internal. I'd go the extra mile and claim all Fishpeople and Merfolk are oviparous, despite the fish specie they're inspired on. If the gene determines that the phenotype will be that of a giant fish, the mother won't be in danger.

EternalMangekyouRinnegan

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Now, after the meiosis process, similar to the majority of fishes, and not like mammals, each participant will shed their gametes in the surrounding water and reproduce through external fertilization. Some shark species are indeed oviparous, even though the fertilization is internal. I'd go the extra mile and claim all Fishpeople and Merfolk are oviparous, despite the fish specie they're inspired on. If the gene determines that the phenotype will be that of a giant fish, the mother won't be in danger.
That doesn't explain the fact that Otohime was smaller in size than her new born baby. Unless she grew in size in a matter of days from the time she hatched from her egg.

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

That doesn't explain the fact that Otohime was smaller in size than her new born baby. Unless she grew in size in a matter of days from the time she hatched from her egg.
How can that not explain it?

1. Fishpeople and Merfolk genes work differently: Any specimen can give birth to any specie that was ever mixed in that particular bloodline, no matter how long ago that was. Meaning either Neptune or Otohime may have provided an active Giant gene.

2. Otohime and Neptune shed their gametes, small size, obviously into the surrounding water, initiating the external fertilization.

3. An egg is fertilized by a sperm cell, containing the "Giant smelt-whiting mermaid" combination. Then starts the mitosis procedure and the egg grows into enormous proportions. Shirahoshi egg becomes huge, all the while tiny little Otohime didn't have to copulate with giant Neptune and give birth to giant Shirahoshi.

EternalMangekyouRinnegan

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

How can that not explain it?

1. Fishpeople and Merfolk genes work differently: Any specimen can give birth to any specie that was ever mixed in that particular bloodline, no matter how long ago that was. Meaning either Neptune or Otohime may have provided an active Giant gene.

2. Otohime and Neptune shed their gametes, small size, obviously into the surrounding water, initiating the external fertilization.

3. An egg is fertilized by a sperm cell, containing the "Giant smelt-whiting mermaid" combination. Then starts the mitosis procedure and the egg grows into enormous proportions. Shirahoshi egg becomes huge, all the while tiny little Otohime didn't have to copulate with giant Neptune and give birth to giant Shirahoshi.
Sorry, I forgot that eggs can grow in size.

AT sama

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I don't know about his mother but I have strong feeling that Shakky might be Dragon's mother and Luffy's grandmother xd
Woow! That was really far far and far away my imagination. xd
Thats possible. Thanks to you, now I'm thinking that Shakki may relate somehow to Luffy's mother or like you said his father.
But I remember, before the time skip, Shakki said to Luffy that when she was pirate Garp was chasing her. Garp wouldn't do that to his wife.

EternalMangekyouRinnegan

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Woow! That was really far far and far away my imagination. xd
Thats possible. Thanks to you, now I'm thinking that Shakki may relate somehow to Luffy's mother or like you said his father.
But I remember, before the time skip, Shakki said to Luffy that when she was pirate Garp was chasing her. Garp wouldn't do that to his wife.
Garp chased her until one day he cought her and you know, one thing led to another and Garp put his "Fist of Love" to use. I doubt they ever got married. That's not something pirate would do, I meant that they were lovers and Shakki gave birth to Dragon. This is were Luffy's and Dragon's criminal trait comes from.

That's my hypothesis.

Wesobi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

+ Shakki left amazon lily to get rid of her love sickness. I think she'd be a little open about it if she'd be luffy's grandmother. Seriously >.>

EternalMangekyouRinnegan

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

That's so far fetched... Shakki and Garp? Naaah
Why not? Seems like a lovely couple. Dragon's birth fits with the time Shakky quit on pirating. She quit about 40 years ago and Dragon look's like he's around 40 years.

Also, another thing that made me believe this, is that Shakky was quick to figure out Boa would fell in love with Luffy. How would she do that? Just because Luffy seemed cool to her? Or was it because she knew a man that was similiar to Luffy and she figured out Boa of all people would fell in love with someone like her old lover.

AT sama

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Why not? Seems like a lovely couple. Dragon's birth fits with the time Shakky quit on pirating. She quit about 40 years ago and Dragon look's like he's around 40 years.

Also, another thing that made me believe this, is that Shakky was quick to figure out Boa would fell in love with Luffy. How would she do that? Just because Luffy seemed cool to her? Or was it because she knew a man that was similiar to Luffy and she figured out Boa of all people would fell in love with someone like her old lover.
Your hypothesis is really smthng. Especially "Fist of Love" part.
But still something stick in my mind. Is she DF user? Becouse she is over 50, beside this she seems younger! :confused:

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Was Shanks on steroids at Marinford?
A huge neck equals enourmous power in the One Piece world.

Look at Zoro and Sanji in the beginning of the journey, they were pencil necks. Now their necks are a lot bigger already.

Look Akianu realizes he hasn't the biggest neck here:
You must be registered for see images

-Shanks-

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Was Shanks a Yonkou @ 1st episode ?
If yes, is it mentioned somewhere, because I haven't read the manga before the timeskip

EternalMangekyouRinnegan

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

A huge neck equals enourmous power in the One Piece world.

Look at Zoro and Sanji in the beginning of the journey, they were pencil necks. Now their necks are a lot bigger already.

Look Akianu realizes he hasn't the biggest neck here:
You must be registered for see images
He didn't had this kind of neck one month ago when he met up with Whitebeard. Normaly, necks don't grow in size without the whole body gaining muscular mass.

Now, I might be wrong but I think he even grew in size. When he was first introduced he was a little taller than Makino. I'd say about 1,80 m. At the war he looked twice as big as Coby and almost as tall as Akainu (altho Akainu was leaning). It might be the angle but if it's not than his design was drasticly changed.

Was Shanks a Yonkou @ 1st episode ?
If yes, is it mentioned somewhere, because I haven't read the manga before the timeskip
Depends whether or not he sailed to New World with his crew. Shanks was gathering his crew mates 3 or 4 years before he met Luffy. Doubt he could establish himself as a Yonko in that short timespan.

Last edited: