Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Re: The One Piece 'Ask a Question' Thread

That's incorrect, if you can't train to increase it, then how did Luffy go from being able to stun a couple of people, to 50,000. You can't train to increase it if you don't have it. But if you have it, it can certainly be increased. Though maybe that's what you were trying to say? :shrug:
No, it can't be increased, it can be controlled. Training serves to control the power, not increase it. Luffy was able to burst his Conqueror's Haki at Marineford and at the Isle of Women Arena, and knocked unconscious a mouth load of people without any selection at all. What Rayleigh did was have him learn how to affect only the ones he want, like at Sabaody where only the Fake Straw Hats were defeated, or at Gyoncorde Plaza, where only the bad guys were defeated.

Rayleigh said it himself, how can you tell me I'm incorrect?

Hyperion

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

No, it can't be increased, it can be controlled. Training serves to control the power, not increase it. Luffy was able to burst his Conqueror's Haki at Marineford and at the Isle of Women Arena, and knocked unconscious a mouth load of people without any selection at all. What Rayleigh did was have him learn how to affect only the ones he want, like at Sabaody where only the Fake Straw Hats were defeated, or at Gyoncorde Plaza, where only the bad guys were defeated.

He just recently caught up.

The info is allot to handle for him I think.

-Shanks-

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

So, I also have a question. In episode 524, Caribou enters the Sunny by himself, so Franky catches him with his arms and drops him down. Then he ties him up. Earlier in the episodes, when Luffy accidentally met Smoker, while they were eating at a restaurant or something( I don't really remember arc or episode ) , Luffy was able to kick Smoker. How can this be, since Caribou and Smoker are Logias ?

Dragonfly X

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

When did rayleigh say that? And it makes no sense that now he is able to knock out 50,000 people in one go and it didn't increase at all. That is just plain ridiculous :shrug:

He just recently caught up.

The info is allot to handle for him I think.
Shut up.

Boa Hancock

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

So, I also have a question. In episode 524, Caribou enters the Sunny by himself, so Franky catches him with his arms and drops him down. Then he ties him up. Earlier in the episodes, when Luffy accidentally met Smoker, while they were eating at a restaurant or something( I don't really remember arc or episode ) , Luffy was able to kick Smoker. How can this be, since Caribou and Smoker are Logias ?
Caribou let himself be tied up. Smoker ... I'll chalk it up to gag feats, or his training for involuntary logia intangibility is still going on at that time.

When did rayleigh say that? And it makes no sense that now he is able to knock out 50,000 people in one go and it didn't increase at all. That is just plain ridiculous :shrug:

Maybe there. I dunno.

Anyway, I agree with Lili. It's not plain ridiculous, since OP never had energy equivalency like Chakra, Ki, Nen, Reiatsu, Furyoku in the first place. I think every Haoushoku Haki user has the same amount, or strength, of their Haki. It's only the control that differs from each user.

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Although Logia user CAN turn their body into their respective elements (notice the capitalized "can"), it isn't automated. Powerful Logia users train their reflexes to the point where it seems like it is automatic, but in fact it's just a very quick reaction.

What happened with Smoker was that it was so quick and unexpected that he wasn't even able to make himself intangible. And although he is a badass and very strong, he was nowhere near an Admiral's level, and so his reaction time wasn't as perfected. That's why Smoker didn't react to a slingshot Luffy but Kizaru was able to react to a bullet shot from behind.

In Caribou's case, it's not that he couldn't react, it's more because in that situation (He was completely alone in a foreign ship surrounded by powerful opponents), it was more profitable if he were to hide his powers and show defeat, so that he could plan his escape route when no one was expecting (Which he did, albeit stupidly got himself captured again).

Shut up.
It appears I was only partially right.

I was right in the sense that you can't train yourself to awaken it, nor can you train it to grow. The power grows stronger as the user grows stronger. So you were right, the power did grow, not because Luffy trained it, but because Luffy himself grew stronger. Likewise, as I said, the actual training he did relating to this kind of Haki was only to Control it, not to enhance it.

Boa Hancock

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Although Logia user CAN turn their body into their respective elements (notice the capitalized "can"), it isn't automated. Powerful Logia users train their reflexes to the point where it seems like it is automatic, but in fact it's just a very quick reaction.
Enel restarting his own heart says hello.

Dragonfly X

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

What happened with Smoker was that it was so quick and unexpected that he wasn't even able to make himself intangible. And although he is a badass and very strong, he was nowhere near an Admiral's level, and so his reaction time wasn't as perfected. That's why Smoker didn't react to a slingshot Luffy but Kizaru was able to react to a bullet shot from behind.

In Caribou's case, it's not that he couldn't react, it's more because in that situation (He was completely alone in a foreign ship surrounded by powerful opponents), it was more profitable if he were to hide his powers and show defeat, so that he could plan his escape route when no one was expecting (Which he did, albeit stupidly got himself captured again).

It appears I was only partially right.

I was right in the sense that you can't train yourself to awaken it, nor can you train it to grow. The power grows stronger as the user grows stronger. So you were right, the power did grow, not because Luffy trained it, but because Luffy himself grew stronger. Likewise, as I said, the actual training he did relating to this kind of Haki was only to Control it, not to enhance it.

Enel restarting his own heart says hello.
One of the top ten freakiest moments in OP for me. Watching that gave me chills.

>_>

There are some irregularities...........
Lol, Lili hates to be wrong xd

-Shanks-

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Thanks, I get it now. I thought it was automatic

Dragonfly X

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Probably something to do with his abilities. We know he isn't a DF user because he swam into the sea, so maybe just because he was Roger's first mate?

Itachi Minato

Veteran
Kin
23💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

i read somewhere tat u can just bite a df and u will get its powers and u cant have the same fruit as someone else so wat if someone bites a fruit and someone else bites it

Boa Hancock

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Probably something to do with his abilities. We know he isn't a DF user because he swam into the sea, so maybe just because he was Roger's first mate?
We'll just have to wait~

I forget.
Have Tamanegi, Ninjin & Piiman been shown in any Cover Stories?
Yes.

i read somewhere tat u can just bite a df and u will get its powers and u cant have the same fruit as someone else so wat if someone bites a fruit and someone else bites it
Huh? Make it more clearer, the question, please.

Heister

Elite
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

We'll just have to wait~

Yes.

Huh? Make it more clearer, the question, please.
To better re word his question:

If two people were to split a devil fruit, would they both receive the powers from the fruit? Or would it not work at all?

Not sure this has been revealed yet^