Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I can't believe the leap in art and animation the anime has made from the start of the Wano arc. Ever since they started using new directors and different line filters it's like watching a different show.

For the first time in a looooong time, probably since Enies lobby I immediately rewatched an episode.

First of the pastel art backgrounds are incredibly close to the manga. It now feels like something that adds to Oda's work instead of taking away from it. Second, the storyboard feels like you're reading a manga with how some scenes are introduced or how it changes from one 'panel' to the next.
Third, animation and shading are back. For a long time it looked like Moria sucked all the shades out of one piece. In episode 892 there is a scene at night and it just looks incredible.

Fourth !!! and maybe the point I'm most happy about. animation is back in the anime. How long has it been since Zoro's fight have actually been animated properly ? Please for the love of Oda, go watch episode 892. He doesn't appear behind the opponent with a sound effect any more. You aren't blinded by a flash of his technique anymore that prevents you from seeing movement. You can actually see Zoro CUT. BITCHES, UP.

Who remembers Zoro stepping over Hachi's swords in Arlong Park ? We're finally back to that level again.

Lastly, big shout out to the sound designers, the musicians, the new commercial bumpers and every thing else.

Wano got the respect that One Piece always should have gotten from Toei, please go watch it. The One Piece anime is finally great again.

11 / 10 would watch again.

You must be registered for see medias

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not that I'm complaining but the new opening revealed a lot! I cant believe they showed Kaido's dragon form! And they even showed King and Queen! And even RS Sanji! It seems that the animators just assume that everyone is caught up with the manga (r.i.p anime only fans)

The most important revelation though is King's color scheme. I was dreading that Oda would make him bright pink or some stupid light color. Also I don't understand why Oda would waste ink by coloring King's wings black if the official color was to be white? (unless at the time he had different plans?)

I still wish Kaido's dragon color was red but I'll get used to the blue color as time passes by...

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not that I'm complaining but the new opening revealed a lot! I cant believe they showed Kaido's dragon form! And they even showed King and Queen! And even RS Sanji! It seems that the animators just assume that everyone is caught up with the manga (r.i.p anime only fans)

The most important revelation though is King's color scheme. I was dreading that Oda would make him bright pink or some stupid light color. Also I don't understand why Oda would waste ink by coloring King's wings black if the official color was to be white? (unless at the time he had different plans?)

I still wish Kaido's dragon color was red but I'll get used to the blue color as time passes by...
Yea the spoilers are mind boggling. Ever since I was a kid watching DBZ I always muted it when the title screen came on. Same for Natuto and One Piece. They like to spoil the entire episode in those 2 phrase titles.

Luffy vs XXX, hard fought win after a miraculous comeback.

At least Oda's chapters often are titled with just one word.

Noizecreep

Kin
48💸
Kumi
2💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The biggest spoiler was revealing Kyoushirou as Denjiro!!
Yo I didn't even notice that, but just read it on Library of Ohara - what the hell? How can they be even spoiling things not even shown yet in the manga?! Crazy! :lmao:

So hyped for this arc in the anime - Let's hope they can keep a decent pacing - Hopefully they will expand on stuff that was off-paneled in the manga to fill out episodes. Like the stuff with Zoro in this first episode was great, showing how he got arrested, and then fighting the other guards after taking out the first guy. Perfect!

Much prefer that to 2 people staring at each other back and forth for 10 minutes, followed by 5 mins of story.

Reactions: WhistleBlower

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yo I didn't even notice that, but just read it on Library of Ohara - what the hell? How can they be even spoiling things not even shown yet in the manga?! Crazy! :lmao:

So hyped for this arc in the anime - Let's hope they can keep a decent pacing - Hopefully they will expand on stuff that was off-paneled in the manga to fill out episodes. Like the stuff with Zoro in this first episode was great, showing how he got arrested, and then fighting the other guards after taking out the first guy. Perfect!

Much prefer that to 2 people staring at each other back and forth for 10 minutes, followed by 5 mins of story.
I swear the new openings title is quite literal!! Over the top indeed!!

100% rather suble explanations than two people staring at each other and getting flashbacks

Reactions: Noizecreep

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Big fat boner again this week from the animation. The art looks like an extension of the manga. I can see Oda's lines and trademarks again since forever.

And thank god, I said it last week also. Zoro's techniques are animated again, hooray.

That's 3 out of 3 for the Wano arc and the preview for next week also looks good. Shine on Toei.

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Big fat boner again this week from the animation. The art looks like an extension of the manga. I can see Oda's lines and trademarks again since forever.

And thank god, I said it last week also. Zoro's techniques are animated again, hooray.

That's 3 out of 3 for the Wano arc and the preview for next week also looks good. Shine on Toei.
??????????..

Like Naruto

Regular
Kin
854💸
Kumi
126💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I can't believe the leap in art and animation the anime has made from the start of the Wano arc. Ever since they started using new directors and different line filters it's like watching a different show.

For the first time in a looooong time, probably since Enies lobby I immediately rewatched an episode.

First of the pastel art backgrounds are incredibly close to the manga. It now feels like something that adds to Oda's work instead of taking away from it. Second, the storyboard feels like you're reading a manga with how some scenes are introduced or how it changes from one 'panel' to the next.
Third, animation and shading are back. For a long time it looked like Moria sucked all the shades out of one piece. In episode 892 there is a scene at night and it just looks incredible.

Fourth !!! and maybe the point I'm most happy about. animation is back in the anime. How long has it been since Zoro's fight have actually been animated properly ? Please for the love of Oda, go watch episode 892. He doesn't appear behind the opponent with a sound effect any more. You aren't blinded by a flash of his technique anymore that prevents you from seeing movement. You can actually see Zoro CUT. BITCHES, UP.

Who remembers Zoro stepping over Hachi's swords in Arlong Park ? We're finally back to that level again.

Lastly, big shout out to the sound designers, the musicians, the new commercial bumpers and every thing else.

Wano got the respect that One Piece always should have gotten from Toei, please go watch it. The One Piece anime is finally great again.

11 / 10 would watch again.

I like the art seems close to the real drawings of the samurai and warriors during the ancient time in japan