[Discussion] On the character of Obito[Reposted]

TheAlphaWolf

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've been thinking about it, and until now I haven't completely realized just how quickly and badly Obito was delt with and thrown to the wayside for Maddy. I know there have been plenty of threads about this in the past, but I'd just like to hear what everyone has to say. Throughout the entire series Obito was mysterious and terrifying up until his mask came off, he then just became a whiny mess. Sure he became the Ten-Tails Jinchuriki, but he was robbed of that after hyping up all of his abilities(his sword that "created" the world; which broke in a single panel). Worse yet, even though he was built up throughout the entire series, he gets completely defeated by Talk-no-Jutsu. After that, Maddy(with his glorious flowing locks) comes along and makes Obito completely irrelevant. I can't believe after so much build up(a series worth) he just becomes a useless villain making way for a even bigger baddy crying about Rin the entire way. I'm sorry if this seems like a bashing thread, but I'm just so disappointed. However I don't hate Obito, I'm just sad because he could have been a great ending villain if he had been done right. Anyway, what do you guys think? Sorry again if this has been discussed time and time again.

Last edited:

TheAlphaWolf

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Obito is neither awesome or pitiful in my opinion he is a bit of both... sometimes he is BADASS and others he just irritates me...
I completely agree, I remember when Naruto was Talk-no-Jutsu'ing him and he began to choke Naruto. I thought he was going to come back as a villain, but then all it took was Naruto holding his hand to turn him. lol

Cal52Nagato

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You are so right...i mean here is a guy i called the singular greatest threat in the ninja world being made so seemingly insignificant. I feel the same way too, plus i love the character Obito...he's just oozing awesomeness: look how he so swaggerliciously ripped shukaku and gyuki from madara after remanifesting his rikudou staff telling madara, 'i have been there before you! I attained this power before you!' That Obito is really cool; too bad plot no jutsu isn't in his favour for the time being.
Ps i hope kishi does good by him this time as he faces madara

jdasprawler

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i wholeheartedly agree with you, i was his fan up until his mask broke off... he became a crybaby after that who only thought about rin (who wasnt considered even plot device before then as she wasnt mentioned by tobi)

Shinato

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well Obito hasn't been throw completely away yet, he has had major roles even after losing the Juubi and his part of the war. However, he will soon die.

kageking

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've said it many times obito is and has been a very disappointing character. I don't want to seem like I'm bashing but there's nothing interesting to him at all. The rin thing just makes him look like a cliched idiot villain that didn't get the girl so says fuk the world. Then being tnjed by naruto just made him look even more pathetic. When nagato switched sides at least it was compelling and heart felt, Obito's was more just, mkay i've been a retard I guess I'll stop with my illogical plan. You could always argue that it shows how manipulative madara is but he said himself madara was never his ally, obito believed he was using madara as much as madara believed he was using obito. I hope theres still time to give his character some substance and meaning.