[Discussion] Of Course Shikamaru is Kage Level.

Moe22

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I wonder why you all needed an official manga statement to make this conclusion. Look at this man. He's practically the general of the Allied forces right now of course minus Naruto, Sasuke, Edo-Kages, kakashi etc. I'm excited we'll see one more brilliant plan from him before the series ends. Also, Kishi could've already hinted to us Shikamaru's future tenure as Hokage, maybe even hinting Sasuke & Naruto's death. He is Kishi's favorite character afterall *_*

Let's just take some time to appreciate Shikamaru's feats up until now:
  • scored an IQ of 200
  • Beat out people like Gaara, Sasuke, Naruto, Neji, Temari, Kankuro etc. to being chunin
  • Was put in charge of the Uchiha manhunt
  • Became a Chunin exams proctor
  • Exploited an Akatsuki memeber's jutsu on the first time witnessing it
    You must be registered for see images
  • Later goes on to Solo an Akatsuki member as well as knock out a heart of the other
  • Deciphered Jiraiya's last message to Konoha
  • Was initially appointed Proxy commander of the 4th division
  • formulated a strategy to seal Kinkaku
  • Helps beat Asuma and finishes him off with his own weapon
  • Obito calls Shikamaru a worthy adversary for figuring out what he had planned and has the Statue attack him
  • He also came up with the plan to draw circles to prevent the Zetsu ambushes
  • Stayed calm after his dad's death, and carried out his last strategy, taking the role as master strategist
  • Used his shadow possesion on Juubi
  • Helped hinder a TBB a bit by learning Earth Style until Minato arrived
  • Helps solo some Juubi clones
  • and Finally, he's in the process of formulating one last plan to make use of the allied forces
In Conclusion: I concur with Temari's statement that Shikamaru Nara has definitely achieved enough to become Hokage, and has perhaps already reached the level of Hokage. Of course Naruto & Sasuke are more powerful, however both of them are at risk of dying. I think Shikamaru is considerably protected by plot. Well thanks for reading if you did! =D

Homertime06

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Tnx, I wont have to make thsi thread

Shikamaru as Hokage

wooohoooooooooooooooooooo

im the driver of the new bangwagon shikatrain

LETS GO ! Believe it !

Reactions: Moe22

Goddess Tsunade

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I wonder why you all needed an official manga statement to make this conclusion. Look at this man. He's practically the general of the Allied forces right now of course minus Naruto, Sasuke, Edo-Kages, kakashi etc. I'm excited we'll see one more brilliant plan from him before the series ends. Also, Kishi could've already hinted to us Shikamaru's future tenure as Hokage, maybe even hinting Sasuke & Naruto's death. He is Kishi's favorite character afterall *_*

Let's just take some time to appreciate Shikamaru's feats up until now:
  • scored an IQ of 200
  • Beat out people like Gaara, Sasuke, Naruto, Neji, Temari, Kankuro etc. to being chunin
  • Was put in charge of the Uchiha manhunt
  • Became a Chunin exams proctor
  • Exploited an Akatsuki memeber's jutsu on the first time witnessing it
  • Later goes on to Solo an Akatsuki member as well as knock out a heart of the other
  • Deciphered Jiraiya's last message to Konoha
  • Was initially appointed Proxy commander of the 4th division
  • formulated a strategy to seal Kinkaku
  • Helps beat Asuma and finishes him off with his own weapon
  • Obito calls Shikamaru a worthy adversary for figuring out what he had planned and has the Statue attack him
  • He also came up with the plan to draw circles to prevent the Zetsu ambushes
  • Stayed calm after his dad's death, and carried out his last strategy, taking the role as master strategist
  • Used his shadow possesion on Juubi
  • Helped hinder a TBB a bit by learning Earth Style until Minato arrived
  • Helps solo some Juubi clones
  • and Finally, he's in the process of formulating one last plan to make use of the allied forces
In Conclusion: I concur with Temari's statement that Shikamaru Nara has definitely achieved enough to become Hokage, and has perhaps already reached the level of Hokage. Of course Naruto & Sasuke are more powerful, however both of them are at risk of dying. I think Shikamaru is considerably protected by plot. Well thanks for reading if you did! =D
Shikamaru shits on everyone when it comes to intelligence, and yes he's a good Candidate for Hokage, but Naruto will be the next Hokage, maybe Shikamaru will be appointed as Konoha's Chief Strategist

Moe22

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Shikamaru is at best high jonin level. However ,He can be hokage level with kurama's chakra
Nup shikamaru isn't powerful enough to become Hokage, he will be Naruto's adviser or something like that..
Hokage is not always based on power, it can be how proficient you are with a special ability or even support skill. Tsunade is a master medic, Minato is practically a teleporter, Onoki excels at Nature release, and of course Shikamaru would excel in Intelligence.
Didnt read...he Simply just isn't
So then why do feel the need to comment?

-immortal-

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hokage is not always based on power, it can be how proficient you are with a special ability or even support skill. Tsunade is a master medic, Minato is practically a teleporter, Onoki excels at Nature release, and of course Shikamaru would excel in Intelligence.

So then why do feel the need to comment?
its my opinion...
you're kishi to say so..STFU man..if you're mad. Dont make such threads U_U

TheRapGuy

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sachchidanand said:
Nup shikamaru isn't powerful enough to become Hokage, he will be Naruto's adviser or something like that..
If it's to compare the chances of those two of becoming Hokage, Naruto is far away from Shikamaru.

You won't get Hokage for smashing things with your clones and Rasengans, but for doing real useful stuff like Shikamaru did. And if you want a list of what he did, check the first post from this thread.

RinneBlitz

Veteran
Kin
68💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
His intelligence is a Kage Level, but his fighting skill aren't. He isn't even stronger than many of the K12 members, such as Naruto, Sasuke, Lee, Neji, Kiba, Sakura, Hinata...

Moe22

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
His intelligence is a Kage Level, but his fighting skill aren't. He isn't even stronger than many of the K12 members, such as Naruto, Sasuke, Lee, Neji, Kiba, Sakura, Hinata...
I'm calling bullshit. He can use his intelligence efficiently in battle, He could beat at least Kiba, Sakura, and Hinata.

thegame

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah I completely agree. I don't know why some people rage so much about it. They probably think being kage is all about power, however, in times of war, where power is important, there is something even more important. Strategy.
How can you mobilize your shinobi to make a genuine strategy that keep the loss of shinobi at a minimum? That is the most important thing, and none can do it better than Shikamaru at the moment. Why do you think his dad was the representative for the Jonin? Because he was the most reliable shinobi in all of Konoha... U_U

I would, however, say, that Naruto is still number 1 candidate, not because he is the main character, but because of his feelings and passion towards the job. I also think Shikamaru would rather have Naruto as hokage and support him in it. Those 2 also have a very unique relationship. And that said, Naruto also has the ability to distribute the Kuybis chakra, and in that way - even if he lacks strategic knowledge and IQ, he can still keep people alive.

But last time I heard Kishi naming a favorite character is was Choji, but meh, it changes all the time.

Last edited:

Moe22

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah I completely agree. I don't know why some people rage so much about it. They probably think being kage is all about power, however, in times of war, where power is important, there is something even more important. Strategy.
How can you mobilize your shinobi to make a genuine strategy that keep the loss of shinobi at a minimum? That is the most important thing, and none can do it better than Shikamaru at the moment. Why do you think his dad was the representative for the Jonin? Because he was the most reliable shinobi in all of Konoha... U_U

I would, however, say, that Naruto is still number 1 candidate, not because he is the main character, but because of his feelings and passion towards the job. I also think Shikamaru would rather have Naruto as hokage and support him in it. Those 2 also have a very unique relationship. And that said, Naruto also has the ability to distribute the Kuybis chakra, and in that way - even if he lacks strategic knowledge and IQ, he can still keep people alive.

But last time I heard Kishi naming a favorite character is was Choji, but meh, it changes all the time.
Exactly! I mean take A for example, he's as powerful as it gets, but because of his failure to compose himself, not too long ago he was sitting in a pile of rubble and blood, along with a missing hand. Strategy can be the key to success. And yeah, Naruto is definitely to #1 candidate but I think Shikamaru would for sure be a top 5 candidate. I believe he's already ready, and he's what 16? 17? lol.

Reactions: thegame

Meowazziel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Shikamaru is an awesome leader(strategist, commanding a team), but if he as hokage, would have to 1 on 1 someone like Madara, Obito, or other S lvl nins, than i think he would need more jutsu. He is just not powerful enough.
Yes he took out Hidan, but Hidan was quite stupid.

I dont think Shikamaru could have taken out any other akatsuki members.

Shikamaru should get the same leader role as his father.

Naruto and Sasuke have the power that Shikamaru lacks.
If Shikamaru wants to be a hokage, than he has to increase his 1 on 1 fighting power or always fight in a team with people that have the power that he lacks.

What do you think?

AzR

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
actually i didnt mind at all if shikamaru become hokage... it will be great but if he did, who's gonna be the nara clan leader if not shikamaru? ino shika chou combo, all of them are the clan leaders... maybe it should be that way i guess..

johnny335704

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If Shikamaru has achieved encough to become Hokage then Naruto & Sasuke are at Super Hokage level.

Also Shikamaru is alive & not dying because Shikamaru is not fighting at front line. Instead Naruto & Sasuke are fighting at front line with Kakashi,Gai & Edo Hokages.

If Shikamaru has a lot of intelligence (lacking stamina & power) then Naruto & Sasuke have a lot of power plus enough intelligence to fight on with powerful ninjas.

At most Shikamaru can be a head advisor to Hokage intelligence wise but not being a Hokage.

H a n

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He has more then enough brain but the village also needs a strong leader that can take on more then one person at a time.. He needs more power ups asap.