[Discussion] Oda and One Piece enter the Guinness World Records.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
some exciting news that came along with this chapter:

Redon said:
One Piece and Eiichiro Oda entered in Guinness World Records as "The most copies published for the same comic book series by a single author with 320,866,000 copies printed and circulated from December 1997 to December 2014".

Oda celebrated his record with this illustration:

You must be registered for see images
One Piece is now not only the most sold manga but it's the most sold comic ever !

Congratulations Oda in making the most popular manga in under 20 years time. And good luck for all the coming chapters.

Edit:

Eiichiro Oda said:
"Thank you for the certificate from Guinness World Records.

Manga is just an entertainment that kills time, but I feel happy when my readers tell me that they have made friends or got a sweetheart by talking about ONE PIECE. I think this record also means ONE PIECE can tie together many people. I won't forget my gratitude to the pioneers of manga industry and readers. I would like to create a manga that truly deserves this record."
The chief editor Heishi attended the ceremony instead of Oda.

[video=youtube;8rANYMHyH-g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rANYMHyH-g[/video]

Marvel and DC, bow for the (Pirate) King !

Sandman said:
It is 56472 kilometers if we connect all 320866000 copies sideways.
The height is 5132 kilometers if we pile up all 320866000 copies.

Last edited:

WoldOfFingo

Regular
Kin
8💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hm I already saw this like 3 days ago, but thanx for sharing.
This is not the big announcement they were talking about though , that one will come the 22nd (Monday)
Still amazing (on the wiki it says he sold more lol) now he is not only the king of manga but of all comics to it seems
Dat Oda :cool:

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hm I already saw this like 3 days ago, but thanx for sharing.
This is not the big announcement they were talking about though , that one will come the 22nd (Monday)
Still amazing (on the wiki it says he sold more lol) now he is not only the king of manga but of all comics to it seems
Dat Oda :cool:
Really?

OT: Someone already posted this already but thanks for sharing the video and pictures.

WoldOfFingo

Regular
Kin
8💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Really?

OT: Someone already posted this already but thanks for sharing the video and pictures.
Well news anime network said it would come with the next Issue of SJ

Friendly reminder that aside from One Piece being formally inducted into the Guinness World Records for Most Copies Printed for a Comic by a Single Author and the One Piece: Episode of Sabo TV Special being announced at the ceremony for said accomplishment, there is scheduled BREAKING NEWS (with a world record and TV special announced, what could be more breaking, a new feature length movie, perhaps?) in the next issue of One Piece/Weekly Shōnen Jump alongside a special colorspread and the purported conclusion to the coveted Luffy vs. Doflamingo fight.

Last edited:

7th Biggest OP Fan

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just some food for thought, the circumference of the Earth is 24,901 miles, or 40,075 km.

Given the description above, Oda has enough volumes that can circle the Equator one time and then some.

Also, does anyone know the series that had the previous record? Considering Oda has DB beat by 90 million, I'm guessing it was a comic.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just some food for thought, the circumference of the Earth is 24,901 miles, or 40,075 km.

Given the description above, Oda has enough volumes that can circle the Equator one time and then some.

Also, does anyone know the series that had the previous record? Considering Oda has DB beat by 90 million, I'm guessing it was a comic.
I think it was Superman from DC comics. It sold 600 Million but that wasn't by a single author.

Which is another pretty cool comparison if you imagine how widely iconic Superman has been for decades and that Oda just pumped out half that amount on his own in 15 years time.