Espadara Uchiha

Regular
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
AN: Sorry I haven't been updating for so long. It's just a lot of stuff has been going on, and writing was forced to take a backseat.

Sasuke scowled as he leaned against the tree at Training Ground 3, waiting impatiently for his sensei to arrive. He had arrived at 9:00 AM on the dot, ready to prove that he was ready to become a Genin. The faster he became a ninja, the faster he would get enough strength to kill Itachi.

It was already 12:00, and there was no sign of his silver-haired sensei.

All Sasuke had for company was his stupid fangirl Sakura, who decided to spend the three hours attempting to get him to agree on dates ("Would you like to train after this at my house? If you get sweaty you can take a bath..."). The girl didn't realize that a 'No' equated to 'Get away from me you pink haired banshee dear Kami how the hell were you created'. He watched her silently out of the corner of his eye, ready to refute any further attempts at courtship.

Just as Sakura was about to ask for another date, a puff of smoke indicated the arrival of their sensei. Clutching his ears as Sakura yelled at their sensei for his lateness, Sasuke just thanked Kami that the girl was distracted from asking him on yet another date.

Kakashi did an eye smile, holding up the previously unseen Menma. "Sorry. I was lost on the Road of Life, and when I realized the time, I saw your teammate wandering around quite hazardously. I had to place myself in mortal danger in order to rescue him. You're quite lucky we got here when we did." He lied smoothly, tossing Menma towards his team. Menma calmly flipped in the air, landing in a crouch. Kakashi's visible eye widened slightly at the feat performed by the dead last, but quickly got over it.

"Now than, your test will be fairly simple." He said, pulling two bells from his pocket. "You just have to get these bells. Now I don't teach just anyone, so if you don't get a bell, I'm sending you to the academy. Understood?"

Menma looked at the bells almost longingly, his mind racing back to the day of his own bell test, back when he was still such a child...

Menma was shifting in place nervously, making sure his gloves were on correctly. He casually looked over at his Sasuke, who gave a confident nod in response. He had barely let his eyes trace over his female teammate when a kunai stabbed itself dangerously close his face. Hinata glared at him with a scowl.

"Don't stare at me, peasant." She warned, and Menma immediately turned his head back forward. Their sensei entered the clearing a few minutes later, panting. Menma felt a small blush run across his face at the sight of her.

Rin scratched the back of her head with an embarrassed smile. "Sorry I'm late everyone. I helped an old lady with her groceries." She explained, looking at the ground lost in thought shortly after. She quickly recovered, and clapped her hands together. "Now than, I know we didn't get to introduce ourselves yesterday, so let's do it now, ne?"

"Maa, you just gonna stand there? This really isn't your helping your dream of being Hokage if you just stand still when facing an opponent..."

Menma was knocked out of hs rumination at the sound of the masked jonin's voice. He noticed that his new teammates were gone from the clearing, so he jumped back into the bushes. Hiding his chakra as much as he could considering his new tenant, he ran all of his information through his head.

Sakura and Sasuke had both changed; Sakura, instead of a cute shy girl had become a raging ***** apparently. Sasuke was now seemingly arrogant of his abilities. Menma would have to crush that soon enough.

The dimension hopper stared silently at the silver-haired Jonin, who was now reading Icha Icha instead of hunting for the team. The sight of the book seemed to ignite something within Menma. 'Icha Icha... that's the book written by...' A face appeared inside his mind, the man who had killed his Hokage. 'Jiraiya...'

Forgetting all about his plans to assist his new team in getting bells, Menma shot out from the bushes, adopting the Hebi style of Taijutsu. He glared at the silver-haired Jonin.

Kakashi was silently surprised at the antics of his sensei's son. The boy didn't seem like much at first, but managing to hide as much chakra as he did considering his role as a Jinchuuriki was fairly impressive. He was about to say as much, until the boy went into the personal Taijutsu style of Orochimaru. Kakashi hid his shock fairly well. 'Could Naruto have been trained by Anko perhaps? No, she would have said something.' He had no time to ponder over it as Menma struck out, aiming for several points on his body that could possibly immobilize him.

Kakashi jumped back, finding it was harder to focus on his book. He sighed and began to close it, only for a glowing blue hand to slice right through his book. As the pages scattered into the wind, and Kakashi saw what hell truly looked like, Menma stood silently with one hand glowing in the telltale signs of a chakra scalpel.

Silently mourning over the loss of his book, Kakashi frowned. "You seem to have Taijutsu down. But have you seen this?" He said, rushing forward. Menma reached out to engage him, only for Kakashi to explode in a puff of smoke. The real Kakashi appeared from behind, his hands already in the Leaf Village's greatest, most deadly Taijutsu technique, on par with the Eighth Gate. "Konoha Secret Technique! One Thousand Years of Death!" He yelled, shooting his hands forward aiming straight for Menma's butt.

Menma turned his head, his right eye briefly morphing into the Mangekyo Sharingan. Before Kakashi could notice this, however, he passed straight through Menma's body. 'What?! What kind of technique is that? Is it from the Forbidden Scroll?' Menma stepped back until Kakashi was completely through him, than brought his leg up and launched a kick at Kakashi's back. Kakashi placed one hand on the ground, jumping out of the way before the kick could connect.

Menma casually stood, his rage quieted at the sight of the book being destroyed. He deactivated his Mangekyo, and noticed the wondering gaze of Kakashi as he stood up. "It seems..." He began saying softly. "That reports of my incompetence were greatly exaggerated."

Sasuke looked in shock at the skills of the blonde dobe, watching as he fought on par with their sensei. When Kakashi had first declared the bell test, Sasuke had assumed that he and Sakura would be the ones to pass the test. But after seeing the new strength of the dobe, he was starting to reconsider. 'But I won't get a bell at all unless I go out...'

As Kakashi stood back up, Sasuke threw dozens of kunai that hit Kakashi, who disappeared in a puff of smoke. Sasuke jumped out of the bush, standing next to Menma, who gave an approving nod. Menma jerked his head at the past location of their sensei. "He's most likely going after Sakura. If she as strong as I believe, than she should give us a few minutes to craft a plan."

Sasuke nodded in agreement, just before a loud shriek filled the air. "Guess you were wrong, Dobe." He said, smirking. Menma's reply was cut off as the clock began ringing, signaling the end of the test.

Kakashi appeared holding a crying Sakura, who he quickly tied to the pole. "You all fail." He said, heavily disappointed. "The only one of you who actually tried was Naruto, while Sasuke and Sakura decided to watch him fight me." He looked like he was thinking heavily at this point. "However, considering Naruto's skill, I've decided to make allow you three one more chance. Eat now, than in half an hour we'll continue. But if you fail that test, I'll see to it you three never become ninja. Understood?"

Menma and Sasuke nodded, and Sakura gave a tiny jerk of the head. Kakashi smiled. "Good. But don't feed Sakura, or you'll all fail right here and now." Kakashi waved, and disappeared in a Sunshin.

Menma looked at the bento in his hand, than at Sakura. He chuckled at the coincidence, before handing his bento to Sakura. "'Ere. Take it. I'm not hungry, and you need to keep your strength up." Sasuke and Sakura both looked confusingly at Menma, who sighed. "I already said, I'm not hungry. I'd rather have you full than hungry. If we want any chance of winning at all, than we need you to keep your strength up. You need every advantage in this situation."

Sasuke looked down at his own bento, and silently handed it to Sakura as well. Sakura smiled, but it turned into a frown when she realized her arms were tied. "Naruto-Baka! I can't eat like this! Maybe Sasuke-Kun should feed me..."

Sasuke shuddered, even as Menma grabbed a rice ball and roughly shoved it into Sakura's mouth. Thanking the Heavens for Menma's interference, Sasuke internally smiled as Sakura began choking and yelling at Menma.

"WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST SAY?" Their moment of humour was ruined when Kakashi reappeared, looking angrily at the three of them. "Didn't I just say not to feed Sakura?! That's it! Team Seven..." Sasuke and Sakura began to complain, but Menma just stood silently with a small smile.

"Team 7 passes! Congratulations!" Exclaimed Rin, a happy smile on her face. Menma stopped in his rant, Sasuke looked confused, and Hinata still looked embarrassed at having been fed by a peasant.

"Team Seven passes! Good job!" Kakashi said, with an eye-smile and a thumbs up. Sasuke blinked, while Sakura sighed in relief. "Make sure you guys meet here tomorrow at Eight O' clock sharp for our first mission!" Kakashi disappeared in a Shunshin, and Sasuke began walking off. Menma calmly sliced through Sakura's ropes with a kunai from the ground, and Sakura fell to the ground.

"Hey, what was that for?!" She yelled, turning around to yell at the Dobe, only to see a fading, swirling distortion, and no sign of her blonde teammate.

AN:Hope you guys enjoyed it...please review!

Last edited: