Obligatory intro thread

Vitis

Kin
674💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Been lurking for a few days not sure I was going to stick around or not, but decided to stop by every now and then and thus finally make a post. Not an avid anime fan, saw some of the anime featured as boards however. Primarily a gamer, dabble on rarely in photoshop, and enjoy horror movies as the prime television media I consume, basically pretty boring.

Vitis

Kin
674💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What is your favorite horror movie?
What platform(s) do you game on?
Simple questions, but I'm afraid without simple answers for them, for brevity I'll say Cabin in the Woods and Xbox respectively, but I feel leaving it at such simplifications is misleading and thus an explanation for both may be in order.

It's difficult to pick just one, a favorite now may not be a favorite later mayhaps something slipped the mind at the moment or a change in mood changes an opinion so I think I'd be remiss to simply pick one. To answer the question as aptly as I may I'd say that I gravitate towards atmospheric horror or the comedy horror. Sinister, Crimson Peak, Insidious are among some of my favorites on the other end I rather enjoy Tucker and Dale vs Evil, Zombieland, Cabin in the Woods.

As for gaming platforms, a week ago I'd firmly have said Xbox, a week ago I played more coop games than solo games so Playstation showings for various reasons didn't interest me, however that was a week ago since then my usual coop partner whom I played every day barring the odd exception for the past 7 years simply removed me from their friendlist and blocked all means of communication without so much as an explanation following a routine night of playing Gears 5 with nothing that I recall happened specifically to elicit such a response as such I am now for the most part a solo player and may end up changing my main medium to which I subscribe coming with the next generation of consoles. Mayhaps even move to PC as the only other people I know to any degree play PC not Xbox. I really haven't played all that much since, been catching up on a back catalog of television as I decide what to do moving forward. Switching to Playstation would require finding new people and staying with Xbox would require the same, but switching to PC I'd have potential to not always be solo or rely on matchmaking.

Reactions: Premfection

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Simple questions, but I'm afraid without simple answers for them, for brevity I'll say Cabin in the Woods and Xbox respectively, but I feel leaving it at such simplifications is misleading and thus an explanation for both may be in order.

It's difficult to pick just one, a favorite now may not be a favorite later mayhaps something slipped the mind at the moment or a change in mood changes an opinion so I think I'd be remiss to simply pick one. To answer the question as aptly as I may I'd say that I gravitate towards atmospheric horror or the comedy horror. Sinister, Crimson Peak, Insidious are among some of my favorites on the other end I rather enjoy Tucker and Dale vs Evil, Zombieland, Cabin in the Woods.

As for gaming platforms, a week ago I'd firmly have said Xbox, a week ago I played more coop games than solo games so Playstation showings for various reasons didn't interest me, however that was a week ago since then my usual coop partner whom I played every day barring the odd exception for the past 7 years simply removed me from their friendlist and blocked all means of communication without so much as an explanation following a routine night of playing Gears 5 with nothing that I recall happened specifically to elicit such a response as such I am now for the most part a solo player and may end up changing my main medium to which I subscribe coming with the next generation of consoles. Mayhaps even move to PC as the only other people I know to any degree play PC not Xbox. I really haven't played all that much since, been catching up on a back catalog of television as I decide what to do moving forward. Switching to Playstation would require finding new people and staying with Xbox would require the same, but switching to PC I'd have potential to not always be solo or rely on matchmaking.
r u talkin to me????...

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

For me I love the entire Saw series, IT, Jacob's ladder and a few others. I also do love zombieland 1 and 2 lol

As for gaming platforms for me, I'd probably say my favorite is xbox, because I play with most of my friends on that. Not much other reason lmao. I own every current platform anyway lol.

Vitis

Kin
674💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Who's your favorite singer or band ?
Dio or Kamelot, consistently within my preferences so whilst I tend to pick and chose by performances rather than sing/band loyalty they're the ones likely to align with my preferences.
For me I love the entire Saw series, IT, Jacob's ladder and a few others. I also do love zombieland 1 and 2 lol

As for gaming platforms for me, I'd probably say my favorite is xbox, because I play with most of my friends on that. Not much other reason lmao. I own every current platform anyway lol.
Personally I wouldn't really consider Saw a 'horror' movie, more of a "thriller" area. Which version of It and Jacob's Ladder would they be? After all with so many movies getting remade there tends to be a several options and not all are created equal. Remake of Nightmare on Elm Street vs the original for example, the remake didn't go over well with a large majority, but the reverse is true I know a few people who liked the remake and didn't care for the original.

Yeah having somebody to run through things with is nice, there really isn't much of a reason not to pick the one your friends play. Exclusives are fine and well, but Playstation's are mostly single player experiences and sure you might get a few days worth of gametime out of them, but after that their replayability can be limited. A good multiplayer game with a group of folks you like to hang out with is going to last you a lot longer.

• Love
Reactions: JoanaTak