Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Seeking objectivity in media is good, but really it's an impossible task, people who complain usually just dislike the opinions that are currently coming from media.
We all try to act on common sense and we try to have the right opinions and do the right things.

But in the end it's impossible to be objective, that's my belief, of course some media leans towards the left or the right, whethere it's social media or giant tech companies or whatever.

People who complain about it are morons who just complains when it's onesided if media reflected their own opinions they would shut up.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Unfortunately ... too true these days.

If you really want to know what happened, you may have to dig out both sides on your own and then have confirm even the data claimed to be factual by other means.

Reactions: Chikombo

kujaku

Kin
2,928💸
Kumi
352💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Was there even a time when media was objective? Whatever information is presented is always a bit manipulated, always a bit nuanced to make the viewers look and believe what whoever pulls the ropes wants them to. They just got a bit more daring these days and full on lie on live TV.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Was there even a time when media was objective? Whatever information is presented is always a bit manipulated, always a bit nuanced to make the viewers look and believe what whoever pulls the ropes wants them to. They just got a bit more daring these days and full on lie on live TV.
There was a time when some of them at least tried to pretend to be objective now and then..

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think it's impossible not to have opinions that influence you, if someone documented the rise of Hitler they wouldn't do it unbiased they would either support him or hate him and that would reflect their job.

kujaku

Kin
2,928💸
Kumi
352💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
There was a time when some of them at least tried to pretend to be objective now and then..
Well said. They were building trust, lol. Now that people have no choice but see the same every way they look no need to pretend anymore. Like you said, if there is no digging, you might never know what happened exactly, and even then you can't be certain. But people don't really like to dig anyway. Let someone else do the work and spoon feed them.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well said. They were building trust, lol. Now that people have no choice but see the same every way they look no need to pretend anymore. Like you said, if there is no digging, you might never know what happened exactly, and even then you can't be certain. But people don't really like to dig anyway. Let someone else do the work and spoon feed them.
It would be fun if some media outlet was not just one sided but had a multitude of different opinions, like one night maybe someone on the far right would have a segment and then some other day someone else would have her segment and they would give people completely different worldviews but still belong to the same company. I don't think that would be possible though.

kujaku

Kin
2,928💸
Kumi
352💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think it's impossible not to have opinions that influence you, if someone documented the rise of Hitler they wouldn't do it unbiased they would either support him or hate him and that would reflect their job.
I think this is at least the second time I've seen you mention Hitler. What's the deal there?

I mean, that's the whole point, to have an opinion. Problem is you can't really have an opinion based on just media seeing how it is manipulating information. Most people just take things as they are presented, no question asked. Some have preferences on what or who to watch because they align with their own beliefs and they can't be bothered to take into account another opinion, see the other side of the coin.

It would be fun if some media outlet was not just one sided but had a multitude of different opinions, like one night maybe someone on the far right would have a segment and then some other day someone else would have her segment and they would give people completely different worldviews but still belong to the same company. I don't think that would be possible though.
That's perfectly possible. We just need decency and correctness, things that don't quite find themselves in media, sadly. I think there still are some that try and do that, but they often get buried by whoever is "relevant" at the moment so they don't really reach anyone.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think this is at least the second time I've seen you mention Hitler. What's the deal there?

I mean, that's the whole point, to have an opinion. Problem is you can't really have an opinion based on just media seeing how it is manipulating information. Most people just take things as they are presented, no question asked. Some have preferences on what or who to watch because they align with their own beliefs and they can't be bothered to take into account another opinion, see the other side of the coin.

That's perfectly possible. We just need decency and correctness, things that don't quite find themselves in media, sadly. I think there still are some that try and do that, but they often get buried by whoever is "relevant" at the moment so they don't really reach anyone.
Yeah, I might obsessed with nazism tbh.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That a history thing or just in general?
History I hope.
I am actually interestin in ww2 as many others are. But Yeah I don't know why I keep coming back to Hitler.
Maybe it's the fear that history will repeat itself and how to learn how to prevent that, or to try and understand it better to prevent that.
I knwo there are people who do LIKE Hitler. Who are fascinated with him, I'm not one of those.

kujaku

Kin
2,928💸
Kumi
352💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
History I hope.
I am actually interestin in ww2 as many others are. But Yeah I don't know why I keep coming back to Hitler.
Maybe it's the fear that history will repeat itself and how to learn how to prevent that, or to try and understand it better to prevent that.
I knwo there are people who do LIKE Hitler. Who are fascinated with him, I'm not one of those.
Makes sense, like the motivation. Wish you fruitful learning then. xD