Lightbringer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As the title says, I have discovered that Obito most likely does not posses Preta Path. It was speculated before that due to him having only 1 rinnegan, he doesn't have all the abilities.....yet there are still many who assume that this is not the case.

However, after re-reading some chapters, I believe I have discovered that he does not possess the ability to absorb chakra.

First off, Obito says to Madara that he didn't use the Juubi's TBB to wipe out the shinobi alliance because Obito would get hit by the blast as well. If Obito could absorb chakra, then why would Madara worry?

You must be registered for see images

The second instance was when Naruto threw the Rasenshuriken at Obito. Obito used kamui to dodge that tech, not the Preta Path which then separated his control from the Juubi. If he were to use Preta Path, he would still have been connected to the Juubi.

Next is when Obito didn't use preta path to absorb the TBB and instead used Kamui.

and right after, he didn't use Preta Path to block Naruto's Rasengan.

and here's the biggest reason, even though it was the least noticeable.

When the Shinobi Alliance used Laser Circus to blind Madara and Obito, Madara used Preta Path to suck it up while Obito was still incapacitated by the blinding light. If Obito did indeed have Preta Path, then why didn't he use it just as Madara did to prevent himself from being blinded?

3MESSIAH

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
yeah this is most likely the case...if he had it he would have used it already....he said he had human path and also has outer path however.....maybe he has half the powers a rinnegan possesses because he only has one eye or he hasnt learned the other techniques yet....hmmmm

Frikid

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lol i will prove you wrong.

First of all , there is a limit to how much chakra one can absorb with pretha path, it isn't infinite.It depends on one's chakra reserves.
Say for example, there is a bucket(TBB) full of water(chakra) now, Obito can take only one mug(his chakra reserve) of water from it, once the mug is full, it is impossible to add in more water to it.

Obito have used kamui his whole life. Its like his signature move.There are many other ways to counter one technique and obito used something what he likes to use.

Here also, nagato could have used pretha path to absorb the flames of amaterasu, and it would be the very best thing to do but still he used
shinra tensei, it doesn't matter if kabuto was controlling him or not as nagato has been shown to use pretha path.

And regarding naruto's rasengan on the mask, i think it was PNJ since kishi had to show who is tobi :|.
Still to make it more "fair" for the sake of argument,

We can see obito saying kakashi is faster than he thought. It was a surprise attack for him and he couldn't respond in time.

And coming to your last reason ,

It is clearly seen in that very page itself, madara is standing ahead of obtio and he is absorbing the jutsu. That jutsu didn't even reach obito so how would he absorb something which didn't even reach him?

^ this happened in the very same chapter. Also, their target wasn't those two, it was the juubi.

Moreover,
obito has been shown to learn techniques very fast which can be confirmed when he used those mokuton techs and kamui in his battle against those mist ninjas. Obito has been shown to use six paths and the only reason that those were not using rinnegan techs was because it would have cost him too much chakra. Obito can use rinne tensei , we haven't seen him using rinne tensei , not even once in the manga, yet we know he can use it. Madara taught him almost everything he had knowledge of, even rikudo jutsus and adding the natural talent obito have in learning techs , it would be foolish to believe obito cannot use pretha path.

Last edited:

P3ĮÑ

Immortal
Kin
375💸
Kumi
48💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Since the rinnegan allows the user to use all the six paths techniques, I'm assuming he can, the most possible reason he prefers kamui is that it's faster, the preta path it takes a little time to absorb depending on the size and quantity of the attack, I think he most likely can, but its also possible that he can't since he doesn't have effeciant mastery to the rinnegan unlike nagato....

Lightbringer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Since the rinnegan allows the user to use all the six paths techniques, I'm assuming he can, the most possible reason he prefers kamui is that it's faster, the preta path it takes a little time to absorb depending on the size and quantity of the attack, I think he most likely can, but its also possible that he can't since he doesn't have effeciant mastery to the rinnegan unlike nagato....
Madara never really got to use his rinnegan in battle before his resurrection, and he seems to use preta path just fine.

Even with the sharingan, one realizes its power as it's awakened. When Sasuke used amaterasu for the first time, he figured out how to turn it off as well. Eye techs come naturally once obtained.

So far the Preta Path has shown to absorb things quickly. I don't see why that would stop him from using it even if it were slower, if it meant to retain control over the juubi.

One needs both sharingan in order to realize its full potential, it would be logical to say that the same rule applies to the rinnegan.

P3ĮÑ

Immortal
Kin
375💸
Kumi
48💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Madara never really got to use his rinnegan in battle before his resurrection, and he seems to use preta path just fine.

Even with the sharingan, one realizes its power as it's awakened. When Sasuke used amaterasu for the first time, he figured out how to turn it off as well. Eye techs come naturally once obtained.

So far the Preta Path has shown to absorb things quickly. I don't see why that would stop him from using it even if it were slower, if it meant to retain control over the juubi.

One needs both sharingan in order to realize its full potential, it would be logical to say that the same rule applies to the rinnegan.
Yes I agree with u here.... I think it's most likely related due to not having both rinnegan, yeah that seems to make sense, the preta path does take time to absorb attacks but not instantly though, as seen with the jiraiya vs pain, when ur absorbing ur really vulnerable ....

Last edited:

Lightbringer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes I agree with u here.... I think it's most likely related due to not having both rinnegan, yeah that's seems to make sense, the preta path does take time to absorb attacks but not instantly though, as seen with the jiraiya vs pain, when ur absorbing ur really vulnerable ....
I know it's not instant, but it's still plenty fast. There are times such as the Lightning Circus and the Rasenshuriken where he had no excuse not to use it.

He was blinded by Lightning Circus and Madara was right beside him using Preta Path to counter that while Obito shielded his eyes with his arm.

Then as I already pointed out with the Rasenshuriken, where it cut off the connection between him and the Juubi. Even if Naruto were to Melee him afterwards, his cloak would have been absorbed and it would have just been a regular punch at best.

Reactions: P3ĮÑ

Edo GwemBaba

<div class="bbWrapper">Nice effort man! I bet he can use it, but has to learn it first.</div>

Fanta

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Also, Obito admitted that Kakashi could of killed him. This would not be the case if Obito had PretaPath and he sucked up the Raikiri.

Good thread. + rep.