Legendary
Kin
3,485💸
Kumi
1,920💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alrighty so this is already starting out rough. So the lore, I forgot and its not in your thread and apparently the custom clan submission thread is no longer up so I cannot tell you the lore for sure. However! The clan seems to center around abilities stemming from Tokyo Ghoul which I have watched a little of. Cool asf. Most of these abilities stem from you becoming one with two things: The Shining One and The Shining Child with the latter being optional. One of the main things Claymores focus on is eating due to their "eternal hunger". They feed on both real flesh, human flesh, and chakra. Raw chakra. When this happens, the specifics of what is being gained by doing this and how is within the techniques themselves. The primary one being "Primeval Gluttony". This technique breaks down the specifics behind satiating your hunger. You also have techniques that essentially feed you and things of that nature to where you actually don't have to eat a mf. Such as with the technique Kurochi. Since through this technique you can perform "Primeval Gluttony" which is dope. You have a catalyst to perform your main technique, basically through your Kurochi. So yeah. Most of the Claymore abilities are centered around these sort of things as this would be the main theme of the clan.

However, if you wouldn't mind giving me a quick rundown of the lore of the clan or can somehow find a link somewhere, somehow for me to read up on, that would be great. Because I've read the history many times before but do not remember it and just can't find a reference to reup my knowledge. But yeah. Tokyo Ghoul-based, cool as hell in my opinion.

Zaphkiel

Seraph
Legendary
Kin
1,915💸
Kumi
1,618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alrighty so this is already starting out rough. So the lore, I forgot and its not in your thread and apparently the custom clan submission thread is no longer up so I cannot tell you the lore for sure. However! The clan seems to center around abilities stemming from Tokyo Ghoul which I have watched a little of. Cool asf. Most of these abilities stem from you becoming one with two things: The Shining One and The Shining Child with the latter being optional. One of the main things Claymores focus on is eating due to their "eternal hunger". They feed on both real flesh, human flesh, and chakra. Raw chakra. When this happens, the specifics of what is being gained by doing this and how is within the techniques themselves. The primary one being "Primeval Gluttony". This technique breaks down the specifics behind satiating your hunger. You also have techniques that essentially feed you and things of that nature to where you actually don't have to eat a mf. Such as with the technique Kurochi. Since through this technique you can perform "Primeval Gluttony" which is dope. You have a catalyst to perform your main technique, basically through your Kurochi. So yeah. Most of the Claymore abilities are centered around these sort of things as this would be the main theme of the clan.

However, if you wouldn't mind giving me a quick rundown of the lore of the clan or can somehow find a link somewhere, somehow for me to read up on, that would be great. Because I've read the history many times before but do not remember it and just can't find a reference to reup my knowledge. But yeah. Tokyo Ghoul-based, cool as hell in my opinion.
I thought I'd hyperlinked the CC to my thread. Will fix that.

While a lot of inspiration came from Tokyo Ghoul, the CC is actually more heavily based on a manga of the same name, which features similar abilities. The Claymores of NB are a race of shinobi that have been 'cursed' with an insatiable appetite, a Hunger, for flesh, chakra, and even knowledge. This curse stems from a supposed demonic ancestor that they all share. Lore-wise they've been around much longer than most canon clans, being one of the few to survive the turbulent warring states period. Their main enemies during that time of war had been the mysterious clan known only as 'Jugo's Clan'. That is, those that possess incredible amounts of Natural Energy molding capabilities, able to shape their bodies through it. After generations of fighting, the Claymores gained a unique strength to Natural Energy and it's molded variant: Sage Chakra. Call it evolution, if you will. This allowed them to digest such energies directly. They survived mainly due to their nigh-immortality through powerful regenerative capabilities, which when tied to this unrelenting Hunger which allows them to feed on their enemies, makes for an apt description of a 'Ghoul' as they're sometimes called, along with 'Silver-Eyed Children', due to their silvery eyes that are reminiscent of an dormant Byakugan. Some might possess slight variations to the human anatomy such as fangs, elven ears, whiskers, claws, etc, but they all have this Hunger. It cannot be avoided, and is described as being drawn to blood, raw flesh and chakra, and also Sage Chakra. It stays active over every other physical affliction such as pain and emotional ones too like sadness. This is a unique way to determine if such areas are being tampered with by outside forces, like say, Genjutsu that would force you to believe you're in great amounts of pain. If it overshadows your Hunger, then you know something is off. That isn't to say you can automatically release yourself from such attacks, it just means you have a way of identifying them. This also means you're able to keep fighting through normally crippling injuries like loss of limbs.

You have the gist of their Hunger but it isn't centered around being the Shining One or Shining Child. The Kagune is only the clan's 'weapon' that manifests in each of them. I'll go more into the Kagune, it's variants and how to apply them to your character later but for now I'll discuss the unique chakra type of the clan: Kurochi. This is described as a pitch-black, amorphous energy that can be shaped into anything imaginable. It obscures light and can be used to hide the Claymore and their environment from normal sight. When unleashed on physical matter, such as people, it can be described as a 'devouring' chakra, wherein it it actively feeds on whatever it's touching, effectively breaking down and absorbing it. When set on techniques, or even chakra, it does the same thing but at different speeds depending on the type of chakra/technique in question. For chakra-types weak to Kurochi: raw and Senjutsu chakra, this 'devouring' aspect can be described as very quick to instant in some cases. For all other types like elemental chakra Kuroch is neutral, and these are absorbed much slower. Think of how fire 'eats' away at paper or any other flammable material, only instead of leaving ash behind Kurochi leaves raw, unmolded chakra from techniques and nothing from physical matter should they Claymore so choose.

But Kurochi also serves another purpose in that it is used to supplement the Claymores' bodies rather than feed on it. By being able to manifest Kurochi from their very muscles, Claymores use it to heal and augment their bodies like a wicked type of fuel which harms them while granting increased damage, mitigation, or senses. In terms of healing we're talking Medjutsu levels, covering everything from punctured skin to loss of limbs. Of course by having such regenerative abilities you nor your allies will be able to heal you with Medjutsu, as your body is already permeated with Kurochi and its healing effects.

Question for you, do you think the Claymores' Hunger would allow you to feed on techniques? And how do you think their healing and regeneration works against Genjutsu and otherwise Spiritual damage?

Also here's the CC submission in full for you to read up on: https://animebase.me/threads/custom-clans-submission.27962/post-20622307

Reactions: Troi

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,485💸
Kumi
1,920💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Understood. Thanks for the breakdown.

Question for you, do you think the Claymores' Hunger would allow you to feed on techniques? And how do you think their healing and regeneration works against Genjutsu and otherwise Spiritual damage?
Yes, they could feed on other techniques. I believe one ability of ours straight up says it breaks down things, namely other elements in a corrosive-like way and you can use another ability (I believe the hunger one) to eat these broken down techniques. So it is so cool how the abilities can work together.

I believe the healing regeneration could work against genjutsu because it could be used as a full body surge, especially the armor take on the abilities. That would obviously be a full body surge.

I do not know enough about spiritual abilities to speak on how it would affect or interact with the spiritual. But yeah I'm sure damn near everything we do is a counter to genjutsu. In one technique it states you're in an everlong state of perpetual pain and nowhere does it state we are immune to it. So you could also use one of the abilities to induce pain and break a genjtsu. So I feel like most of our arsenal is a big genjutsu counter via pain or full body surge.

Zaphkiel

Seraph
Legendary
Kin
1,915💸
Kumi
1,618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Understood. Thanks for the breakdown.

Yes, they could feed on other techniques. I believe one ability of ours straight up says it breaks down things, namely other elements in a corrosive-like way and you can use another ability (I believe the hunger one) to eat these broken down techniques. So it is so cool how the abilities can work together.

I believe the healing regeneration could work against genjutsu because it could be used as a full body surge, especially the armor take on the abilities. That would obviously be a full body surge.

I do not know enough about spiritual abilities to speak on how it would affect or interact with the spiritual. But yeah I'm sure damn near everything we do is a counter to genjutsu. In one technique it states you're in an everlong state of perpetual pain and nowhere does it state we are immune to it. So you could also use one of the abilities to induce pain and break a genjtsu. So I feel like most of our arsenal is a big genjutsu counter via pain or full body surge.
While you aren't wrong, you can't directly feed on techniques--i.e. bite a fireball. How this feeding works is exclusively through the raw chakra left behind whenever Kurochi overpowers a technique. So an S-ranked wave of Kurochi overpowering an A-ranked wall of Earth would leave behind this chakra that is then fed on by the Claymore. If the Kurochi and technique in question cancels out, destroys each other, according to the current iteration of the CCJ and how its worded then no chakra would be left behind to consume. Be mindful that overpower means to beat the technique in question either through damage or chakra clashes and continue. This makes it very important than your Kurochi is hitting for higher damages than usual. Your passive feeding is not 100% efficient either, due to the chakra being exposed to the environment. This means you only gain 50% of the chakra cost of the overpowered technique but with this ability not costing one of your allotted moves you're able to constantly top up your chakra even if little by little.

When it comes to feeding on people, you're able to gain strictly chakra from their body. Each limb has a specific amount of chakra stored within, regardless of the size of your opponent's chakra pool. For each limb (hands and legs) you gain 200 chakra directly to your own reserves. The torso and head (counted as one 'body-part') gives 300 chakra and can only be done with explicit permission in the NW. BA fights have no such limitation. Important to note is that eating parts of your enemies in the NW causes that part to remain lost for the remainder of the arc. This extra chakra also allows you to increase your max cap as well, allowing you to hypothetically have a giant well of chakra each arc simply from eating people. A nice little perk to devouring flesh is that you can also glimpse that person/thing's memories and thoughts during the process, which makes information gathering very accessible to Claymores even if a bit barbaric.

Both feeding on leftover chakra and people can be done through Kurochi constructs/techniques. So a Kurochi fireball could be used to devour an opponent whole and give you their chakra by proxy. This is also how you have your Kurochi techniques overpower an opposing technique and give you that chakra in the same action.

Genshi Ōkui ♎ Primeval Gluttony
Type: Supplementary/Offensive
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: (+200 chakra per limb/+300 torso and head)
Damage: N/A
Description: The basis of the Kureimoas' lust for flesh is firmly rooted in their curse of perpetual hunger. Despite this never ending agony, they are capable of feeding ever so often and being satisfied even if for for a moment. Through feeding, a Kureimoa gains a slight euphoria, like someone eating their favorite food prepared just perfectly, along with the pent up chakra stored within the flesh of their victims. This chakra can be ingested by the Kureimoa and added to their own chakra reserves or use it to fuel various chakra intensive techniques of the clan such as healing. The human body is divided into four (4) sections when being the main course of a Kureimoa's meal; both hands, feet, and the head as well as torso. Consuming the limbs will give 200 points of chakra while the torso and head will yield 300 chakra and are able to be harvested by the Kureimoa clansman through feeding. When added up this means every person consumed by the Kureimoa provides 1000 chakra However their Hunger doesn't end there, Claymores also possess a hunger for knowledge where they are able to access the thoughts, sentiments, memories, or even emptions of their victims through consumption--even if the target is dead. With their ability to digest almost all forms of chakra (such as neutral, elemental, Raw Senjutsu, as well as Bijuu chakra) they are able to devour not just flesh but actual energies when presented the opportunity. This chakra eating habit can only apply to raw, unmolded chakra and not actual techniques. Meaning, they must wait until said technique has been broken down to a point where it becomes simply raw, un-molded chakra. Whenever Kurochi overpowers an opponent's technique and the physical and chakra properties of said technique have been degraded, the Claymores are able to harvest that lingering, unmolded chakra through either eating it manually or using the Kurochi as a proxy to take it into their bodies. When metabolizing the raw chakra of a deteriorated technique a Kureimoa gains 50% of the cost of said technique as chakra to their reserves. This means, an A ranked technique (30/60) reduced to chakra or a simple burst of raw chakra gives the Kureimoa only 15 chakra should it be eaten/absorbed. Accessing sentiments and absorbing lingering chakra has no cool down nor does it take a move-slot of the three allotted (this technique will still need to be referenced however).

Note: These chakra increases count as Bonus chakra should it reach the Kureimoa chakra cap, allowing it to increase their chakra beyond their normal limits.
Note: Must be of at least Ghoul rank to perform.
Note: Can only be performed every 5 turns whether in part (eating only a few limbs) or in full (eating an entire body).
Note: Limb consumption can be done in the Ninja World but consuming the torso or head of a target requires both to agree to permanent damage and death. Limbs consumed will remain gone for that arc only, never permanent.
Note: Can also be performed through the Kagune organ or Kurochi constructs.

As for the healing aspect of Kurochi: since Genjutsu damages you in the same way physical attacks do, but just through spiritual means, you are able to recover the HP lost from such attacks. This is because we only have one HP pool in the RP, with Genjutsu damage being subtracted the same way Physical damage would. You can't however reverse certain effects of spiritual techniques like Yin's Hungry Ghost through regeneration. There are three tiers to the Claymores' innate healing: Minor, Major, and Ultimate. Minor healing costs 30 chakra and heals you for 40 HP. This is for little scratches here and there and a few basic CCJ that deal small amounts of damage. Major healing as the name suggest is for broken bones, severed limbs.. the gruesome stuff. This can heal anywhere from 1 to 100 damage, but it costs twice the amount for health healed (50 health costs 100 chakra, 100 health costs 200 charka). Ultimate healing is called Dying Light, and once per fight/arc you can heal up to 150 health instantly at the cost of 300 chakra. This can essentially 'reset' your body: recovering any and all lost limbs and stitching all major and minor wounds, but it comes with a few caveats. One, you can't come back from decapitation. If your spine is not attached to at least some part of your torso then you're functionally dead. Any other point before that though, you can activate this technique. Second, you can only perform one other technique during the same turn as Dying Light. If you have any passives active that cost a move per turn then you could unintentionally limit yourself to no other technique during the turn.

Yes you can use Kurochi as a full-body surge due its ability to form directly from your body and also yes, a lot of the CCJ carry self-damaging drawbacks that could release one from Genjutsu but keep in mind the Genjutsu Release Rules regarding pain. The damage has to be equal to or higher than the chakra of the incoming Genjutsu. So for example, you have a CCJ active that damages you -20 per turn. Each turn that pain could only break you from a B-ranked illusion. For other techniques that deal higher amounts of damage per use/activation such as the Kagune which damages for -40 on activation, those could break you out of standard S-ranked and lower illusions. I say standard because there are a lot of CJ's and Specialties that increase the cost of techniques so always be mindful of that cost.

Kagirinai no Sonzai ♎ Life Eternal
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 30 - 300
Damage: N/A
Description: The second half to the Kureimoas' creed to survival, Kagirinai no Sonzai is based on their ability to heal from wounds without the use of medical ninjutsu or machinery. At a cost of 70 chakra for major wounds, a Kureimoa is able to recover from grueling injuries and keep fighting longer. Coming from inside the clansman's body and pouring outward with Kurochi, the healing process is extensive enough to mend deep/shallow cuts, singed, frostbitten, and even necrotic/rotting skin, flush toxins and poisons from the body, and even regerate entire limbs if necessary. When dealing with superficial injuries like the aforementioned singed skin or shallow cuts, bruises, etc the Kureimoa is able to spend 30 chakra to heal up to 40 damage. Should the user have serious injuries such as missing limbs, moderately high damage, broken bones, etc, then he is capable of healing up to 100 damage, spending twice the amount for chakra ( i.e. healing 50 health equals 100 chakra ). The ultimate healing process of the Kureimoa however, is the secret technique dubbed only as "Dying Light" where once per match/event, the body is flooded with copious amounts of chakra and Kurochi as a terrifyingly fast healing process grips the Kureimoa's body. This ultimate healing can heal up to 150 damage at heavy costs, however. Doing this requires the Kureimoa to be alive and have his head still be attached to his spine/body while it costs a whopping 300 chakra and takes 2 of the 3 allotted slots per turn to use. This also prevents usage of other forms of healing for an extended time.

Note: Must be at least Ghoul rank to perform
Note: Any usage requires a move per turn. Minor healing can be done once every other turn while major healing can only occur once every 4 turns. Dying Light can only be used once per arc and prevents usage of minor and major healing for 6 turns.
Note: Only one version of healing can be performed in the same turn.
Note: Only Claymores of Heartless rank and above are able to use "Dying Light"

• Love

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,485💸
Kumi
1,920💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Roger that. That’s kind of how I meant it, the way you explained it but you explained it to where I have a deeper understanding now. As far as the eating chakra goes.

Understood the rest in terms of genjutsu and what have you.

Gluttony I understand the most as that’s the one I keep referencing. I feel like that’s the baseline for our “feeding” in one form or another and Life Eternal is very well cut out and specified, seems to be the baseline of our healing factor.

Zaphkiel

Seraph
Legendary
Kin
1,915💸
Kumi
1,618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Roger that. That’s kind of how I meant it, the way you explained it but you explained it to where I have a deeper understanding now. As far as the eating chakra goes.

Understood the rest in terms of genjutsu and what have you.

Gluttony I understand the most as that’s the one I keep referencing. I feel like that’s the baseline for our “feeding” in one form or another and Life Eternal is very well cut out and specified, seems to be the baseline of our healing factor.
Yea, both those techniques are meant to be the most accessible and deployable techniques in your arsenal as a Claymore apart from your primary and secondary affinities. In other words, you should always be able to feed and heal, even if under jutsu restrictions, which is why they carry no rank--and no chakra cost in the case of Primeval Gluttony. Bread n' Butter, if you will. Kurochi is going to be the medium that ties both these crucial CCJ's together. Through Kurochi you may feed and also heal.

Kurochi ♎ Vile Chakra
Type: Offensive/Supplementary/Defensive
Range: Short-Long
Chakra cost: 15/40
Damage: 30/80
Description: The special chakra nature only found in Claymores, Kurochi is like the physical manifestation of their hunger and agony. The energy itself is pitch black in appearance and appears and behaves almost like water with its amorphous shape shifting and flexibility. This malleability isn't to be underestimated though, as the energy is both capable of being dense and hard enough to shatter bones and restrict targets and also precise and thin enough to remove a strand of hair. Claymores can manifest Kurochi directly within their bodies, where it can be seen dripping from their pores and eyes, as well as directly from it, or even the area short ranged around them. They are also able to manipulate this energy up to long range with chakra control and may sustain pre-existing constructs with -10 chakra per turn, for up to three turns. When creating constructs to attack Kurochi cannot be formed within 5 meters of the opponent. When in contact with living things, Kurochi's effects can be described as "warm" to the touch, not with heat but rather the effect it has where it gradually degrades the objects it touch in a parasitic manner, feeding on both the chakra and physical aspects of its target(s) until nothing is left. The Claymore can control what things the Kurochi feeds on and what it doesn't. Should the Claymore desire, this special chakra can be used to perform one of the core techniques of the clan; Primeval Gluttony. From the lowest to the highest rank of the release, the energy is able to feed on raw chakra and bodies and take the chakra into the Claymore's body like a proxy. In terms of S/W all elements one rank weak to Kurochi (raw and Senjutsu chakra) are devoured near immediately when interacting with it while neutral elements (elemental and other hyper natures like Bijuu chakra) are degraded at normal pace. Kurochi manifestations can range from as small as kunai (C ranked) to as large as the Doton technique Mountain Smash (S ranked).
Note: The S ranked version can only be performed 4x a match.
Note: If the S ranked variant is used then no other forms of Kurochi manipulation above A ranked can be used in the following turn.

Each Claymore specializes in one of the three factions of the clan, which are what the Claymores are really centered around. These factions are the Vanguards, Centurions, and Aegis. Each has their own niche whilst sharing basic bloodline abilities. The Vanguards are the offensive core, and are usually the first to initiate and continue conflict if the need arises. Their abilities revolve around speed and lethality with little regard for durability or perception. Centurions are the brains of the clan, who usually command battle from afar through perception and ranged attacks. As you can imagine, these are not suited for tanking damage or dealing substantial amounts. Finally the Aegis Core are the defenders, able to take serious damage and withstand it. Upon being 'born' each Claymore chooses a faction to start out with, which does not influence the range of CCJ you can use, if you were worried about that, but plays a major role in the ultimate states for each faction, called the Awakened and Abyssal Forms. These are meant to take the innate abilities of each faction and augment them based on the member specifically--no two Claymores will have the same Awakened/Abyssal State appearance. Since the groundwork for these transformations haven't been laid out yet, I won't go into too much detail but just know that whatever faction you choose during this training will influence your 'final form'.

Question for you, how would you use Life Eternal (heal) in the heat of battle? What sort of techniques would you activate alongside it, if any?

• Love