Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
NINJA WORLD RULES: THIRD EDITION

NAVIGATION: Navigating the Ninja World Rules has never been easier. To navigate the rules simply look to the Table of Contents and pick a topic you think is relevant to you. Either click on the hyperlinked subject for the entire post, or CTRL+F the portion markings [denoted as (A.iv), (B.vii), etc] to quickly navigate to that post or portion.

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
(A). MAPS
(A.i): Interactive Map
(A.ii): Topographical Map
(A.iii): Landmark Demarcation Map
(A.iv): Geopolitical Map​
(B). CLAIMS, CONFLICT, AND CONQUEST
(B.i): Claiming Landmarks
(B.ii): War Rules and Conquest
(B.iii): Village Conflict Types
(B.iv): Official Wars
(B.v): Issued Challenges
(B.vi): Intercepting Battles
(B.vii): Treaties and Diplomacy
(B.viii): Quoting
(B.ix): Ninja World Standard Timelimit​
(C). VILLAGES
(C.i) Description
(C.ii) Village Structure
(C.iii) Membership and Territory
(C.iv) Kage Means of Communication
(C.v) Landmark Upgrades
(C.vi) Wars and Treaties​
(D). THE AKATSUKI
(D.i) Lore
(D.ii) Membership
(D.iii) Directive
(D.iv) Relic Weapons
(D.v) Relic Wielders​
(E). CLANS
(E.i) Description
(E.ii) Clan Progression
(E.iii) Composition Limits
(E.iv) Clan Levels
(E.v) Clan Structure​
(F). TRAVEL RULES
(F.i) General Travel
(F.ii) Automated Travel
(F.iii) Space/Time Travel
(F.iv) Turns, Chakra Usage, Moves
(F.v) Marketplace Network​
(G). TOBUSEKAI - THE EASTERN CONTINENT
(G.i) Description
(G.ii) Sacred Sites
(G.iii) Clan Sanctuaries
(G.iv) Colonialization
(G.v) Last Bastion​
(H). NINJA WORLD ARENAS
(H.i) The Last Bastion Witchwood Company
(H.ii) The Witchwood Arena
(H.iii) Witchwood Arena Rules
(H.iv) Witchwood Arena Rule Sets
(H.v) Witchwood Events
(H.vi) Witchwood Prizes
(H.vii) The Dark Tower
(H.viii) Dark Tower Arena Rules
(H.ix) Dark Tower Events
(H.x) Dark Tower Prizes​
(I). ECONOMY
(I.i) Description
(I.ii) Acquisition
(I.iii) Rule of Secondary Entities
(I.iv) Accounting
(I.v) Independent Banks
(I.vi) Ninja World Official Titles
(I.vii) Current Ninja World Titles​
(J). ARTIFACTS
(J.i) Description
(J.ii) Categories
(J.iii) Void Infused Artifacts
(J.iv) Usage
(J.v) Acquisition
(J.vi) Artifact Phase Out
(J.vii) Marketplaces​
(K). STORY ARCS, BIOGRAPHIES, REGENERATION
(K.i) Story Arcs
(K.ii) Story Sagas
(K.iii) Biography Rules
(K.iv) Health/Chakra and Technique Regeneration
(K.v) Death
(K.vi) Specific Instances of Techniques and Miscellaneous Notes
(K.vii) Good Faith Roleplaying
(K.viii) Metagaming​
(L). BOUNTIES
(L.i) Description
(L.ii) Bounty System Rules
(L.iii) Rogue Ninja Bounties​
(M). STORYBOARD MISSIONS
(M.i) Description
(M.ii) Declaring Your Mission
(M.iii) Clan Storyboard Elements
(M.iv) Custom Storyboard Elements
(M.v) Submitting Missions​
(N). FORBIDDEN MISSIONS
(N.i) Description
(N.ii) Ability Missions
(N.iii) Village Missions
(N.iv) Sage Missions
(N.v) Special Missions​
(O.) KAMIYASUMI
(O.i) Description
(O.ii) The Beachhead and Forward Encampment
(O.iii) Expeditionary Missions​
(P). REGIONAL SUB-STORIES
(P.i) Description
(P.ii) Regional Delegation
(P.iii) Sovereign Territories
(P.iv) CLASSIFIED
(P.v) CLASSIFIED
(P.vi) CLASSIFIED
(P.vii) CLASSIFIED
(P.viii) The Monks of the Human Order
(P.ix) CLASSIFIED
(P.x) CLASSIFIED
(P.xi) The Sentinels​
(Q). RIFTS
(Q.i) Description
(Q.ii) Rift Management
(Q.iii) Rift Engagement & Lockouts
(Q.iv) Rift Title
(Q.v) Difficulty Rating
(Q.vi) Active Rifts​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: System001

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(A) MAPS
(A.i) Interactive Map:

Originally created by Jas and updated by Serpent, the Ninja World Interactive Map shows how the world has been divided into individual landmarks. Each Landmark is assigned a corresponding number that matches its thread. Each Landmark in the Interactive Map is hyperlinked to its corresponding thread, making navigation in the Ninja World significantly easier.

Additionally, each Map has its own tab located under the Roleplay in the website's header. The links to the Mainland, Tobusekai, and the Outer Lands can be found here:(A.ii)

The Topographical Map shows environmental and topographical characteristics of the world. Each landmark will typically reflect these details on the map, but there may be some exceptions depending on where you travel to and the events that have taken place there in the past. This map will, by and large, never change or be updated.

(A.iii)

The Demarcation Map shows individual landmarks in the Ninja World and their corresponding numbers.

(A.iv) Geopolitical Maps:

Last Updated: 02/20/2023

This map removes all features in favor of one that strictly shows clan and villages boundaries. The following maps are currently in play:

Last edited:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(B) CLAIMS, CONFLICT, AND CONQUEST
(B.i) Claiming Landmarks:

The Ninja World is divided into over 250 landmarks. Many of these are inhabited by NPCs, some of whom live in cities or have organized governments according to the lore. Others are barren wastelands, like in the Great Wind Desert. Despite this, the process of claiming an unclaimed landmark is very simple. In order to claim an area for their clan or village, a member of said clan or village must travel to the landmark and state in a post there that they claim the landmark. Of course, this must be accompanied by some form of roleplay that describes how exactly the landmark itself is claimed from either its NPC inhabitants or geography.
  • Claiming a landmark requires at least one roleplayer to visit that landmark and roleplay their method of conquest.
  • Conquest can be achieved in both violent and non-violent means; a landmark can be subjugated or incorporated into a clan through treaty or agreement.
  • If the landmark is barren then one could claim it in the same sense as an explorer.
Clans are able to give away landmarks they control by way of treaties, explained in section (B.vii) Treaties and Diplomacy. Treaties form the basis for acquiring landmarks controlled by other clans, villages, or factions. In peaceful terms these clans are able to give away these landmarks for the sake of treaty or diplomacy. Likewise, when acquiring landmarks through force, by means of war, clans and villages will relinquish land through treaties as well, but a slightly different process that is explained below.

Certain Landmarks are exempt from claim. These are noted in the Landmark thread itself.
  • Marketplaces
  • Sacred Sites
  • Faction Landmarks
(B.ii) War Rules and Conquest:

Acquiring Landmarks that have already been claimed by another Clan or Village involves a different process than claiming. These landmarks can be acquired through diplomatic agreements and treaties with other Villages and Clans, allowing for peaceful trading of Landmarks goods, services, and whatever else two clans might agree on. Alternatively, Landmarks can be taken by force. Wars and skirmishes can happen at any time, for any reason. Clans are allowed to freely engage in conflict and decide when they wish to start and end it. Roleplayers do not need Ninja World Moderator permission to start clan warfare, or fulfill any prerequisite conditions at all. There are two existing means to winning and ending conflict.
  • Negotiated treaty; when clans enter into conflict with each other and seek to end hostilities they can sit down and negotiate terms to end the fighting. This can arise from mutual understanding. A treaty done this way can either be a white peace, returning to pre-war status. Or they can negotiate a peace in which one clan is clearly the loser and the other the victor.
  • Alternatively, an unconditional victory can be achieved by incapacitating an enemy clan's leadership. When this occurs the war comes to an end. The defeated clan is forced to sign a treaty dictated fully by the victor.
(B.iii) Village Conflict Types:

Villages are controlled by competitive individuals. Naturally villages will come into conflict with one another as they compete for their own interests. Villages follow all normal Ninja World Battle Rules. There are two forms of conflict that Villages can enter with other villages.
  • Skirmish: A battle, or a series of battles, against other clans or villages. This type can largely be compared to an "Unofficial War." Skirmishes do not require Ninja World Moderator permission. They typically end in treaties or truces.
  • Official Village Wars: Official Wars that are approved by the Ninja World Head Moderator (current: Drackos), and lead to large scale conflict between two or more Villages. These cannot be fought between clans, or a Village against a Clan.
(B.iv): Official Wars:

A state of all out warfare where a Village utilizes all resources at its disposal to claim victory. As such, in order to claim victory in these conflicts a certain set of circumstances must be met.
  • Total defeat of the enemy. In the case of total defeat, a village must defeat all active combatants in the opposing village and incapacitate the enemy's leadership structure (as outlined by the Village's internal structure upon either formation, agreement, or at the request of a Ninja World Moderator). When an Official War is approved by the Ninja World Head Moderator each faction in the war must provide a list of active combatants. Once it begins no combatants can be added to that list.
  • The second victory condition is by occupying an enemy Village's Landmarks and reducing that Village into a resistance state with only one Landmark remaining. Resistance states must reclaim their land or defeat the rivaling village's invasion in order to not be forced into submission. This is declared by the Ninja World Head Moderator, with a timeframe issued once 75% of a Village's landmarks have been occupied.
  • Surrender. This case occurs when one or more Villages admit defeat, or total defeat in the conditions outlined above is achieved, then the winning faction will create an official treaty with the other Villages in which they agree to terms approved by the Ninja World Head Moderator. These terms usually involve up to four items, including large Kumi payments, landmarks, and other spoils of war like Artifacts and village secrets. Additionally, the winning village may claim prizes offered by the Ninja World Moderators as part of the Official War.
Special Note: In the rare case of total defeat, a winning village can render another village totally destroyed and defunct. With a village defeated all of its landmarks go to the victor, or are razed. The enemy village's leaders are jailed and the structure of the village totally collapses. In these cases villages in the Ninja World can be totally destroyed and replaced by new villages. It is important to note that villages are not in a protected class and, like clans, can be totally wiped off the map should the right set of circumstances arise.​

(B.v) Issued Challenges:

In the Ninja World issuing challenges must be backed by action. Action is defined as some form of attack, or offensive act. Challenges can be issued with no offensive action but carry no weight in and of itself. Challenges are made in-character, noted somewhere in the post, and is not binding. Thus, challenges that lack offensive action can be declined freely and allow the one declining to walk away with no consequence. However, if offensive action is taken then a battle thread is created normally in the Ninja World Events forum. In the Ninja World it is possible for individuals to retreat from battle if they wish, for whatever reason. However certain requirements need to be fulfilled that allow this.

One can attempt to flee from battle at any given time during their move, but must use a technique or ability that allows them to clearly and logically explain their method of doing so. Their opponent can attempt to follow and intercept, or outright prevent, them yet again to prevent escape in the following turn. Should the player fail to prevent an escape, or intercept them shortly thereafter, then the one retreating or declining a challenge will arrive in an adjacent landmark 45 minutes after (affected by Ninja World Artifacts or Space/Time abilities). In official terms, retreating from a battle is attempting to flee the landmark you are present in to a different landmark. Note that skills that allow you to retreat to other dimensions, like Obito's Kamui, do remove you from the landmark but only result in official defeat if retreating to a different official landmark.

(B.vi) Intercepting Battles:

In the Ninja World it is possible to intercept battles and challenges, inserting yourself into a fight. This is intended to change one versus one battles into tag team fights, following tag team rules. Interceptions can only occur within the first two moves (four posts) of the fight, or within 72 hours of the start of the fight. Whichever comes first.

(B.vii) Treaties and Diplomacy:

Treaties are official documents signed by multiple parties in agreement over certain terms that can apply to a wide range of issues over varying periods of time. Treaties are a way for clans, villages, and groups to make agreements with each other, whether it is as a result of war negotiations or peacetime efforts. Treaties can dictate that one should pay another clan a given amount of Kumi in war reparations, or as a monthly tribute in exchange for protection, or even as an agreement for the transfer of landmarks. Treaties can describe military alliances, laws of interaction between clans, or the cession or purchase of landmarks, etc. Note that treaties are the only method to obtaining landmarks after a clan has laid claim to it, making it the only valid way to transfer the landmark.

There is no set framework for treaties or regulations on how they are composed, in the sense that clans are largely free to draw up treaties exactly as they please and include items on said treaty as they please. All a valid treaty must include is the terms of the treaty and the signatures of the representatives of the parties, in whatever form. However, the terms of a treaty must be negotiated in-character by the parties involved. How you do the negotiations is, like the treaties, largely up to the players themselves. But all items must be discussed and agreed to.

Since treaties can contain whatever terms the players please and, broadly, be worded and formulated as they please, they are not ‘binding’ in the strictest sense. The signatory clans have to adhere to or break the terms themselves. This means that if one clan signs a treaty promising to pay a given amount of Kumi to another clan every month, then they have to pay that fee themselves every month, or get someone to do it for them. The staff is not involved in upholding the treaties. However, breaking treaties comes with the risk of losing credibility in future negotiations.

(B.viii) Quoting:

Quoting is a process that is part of conflict resolution. When two or more combatants cannot resolve their differences and agreements can't be reached, then they should post in the Conflict Resolution Thread after following the appropriate procedure. Standard procedure follows these guidelines: arguments are to be made over visitor messages, private conversations on site, or over Discord. Note that when these conversations take place in a private setting screenshots should be provided to help the checker gain a better sense of the arguments in play. It is highly recommended that arguments do not take place in the main roleplay Discord as it is a chat with numerous people participating at the same time, making issues very messy. Once arguments have been made and recorded in some form, the participants will go to the Conflict Resolution Thread, linked earlier, and summarized in the resolution thread following the template provided. Once this has happened a sensei should be contacted by the quoting party for a check. Moderators are not typically requested to, in their moderator capacity, to check a fight for the first or second check. The third check will always end the fight, with a moderator making the deciding post on the party that won regardless of the quote being made. This means that standard Ninja World fights can only have three checks in total.

Quoting can only be done on legitimate issues. It is not something that is done when a combatant is attempting to stall, or simply prevent an opponent from editing their original move. It can only be done to discuss moves that one combatant has legitimate questions on or issues with. When the initial quote is made timelimit is paused, allowing both combatants to discuss and then post in the Conflict Resolution Thread, and then contact a Sensei. Once a Sensei has issued a verdict then timelimit is unpaused; timelimit can only be paused again once a second Sensei has been contacted, and agrees, to issue a second verdict. This pattern repeats with the third check, the moderator deciding check. If any party is suspected of stalling during timelimit, then a Ninja World Moderator can be contacted to make decisions regarding the choice of Sensei, verdicts, or any other issue left to moderator discretion.

Special Note: In the case where it can be proven that a Quote was done to stall out a fight then a Ninja World Moderator will have discretion on how to handle the battle.​

Editing combat posts, in Rifts or in Ninja World battles, can be done within 50% of the agreed upon time limit (36 in the event of standard timelimit) OR 24 hours if there is no set TL. Edits can be permitted on a case by case basis outside of these situations as long as each combatant agrees. The only exception is in Rifts where all combatants are bound by this rule and cannot edit their post beyond above set timelimits.

(B.ix): Ninja World Standard Timelimit

The standard timelimit in battles that take place in the Ninja World is three days. This timelimit can be altered between combatants when they come to a consensus. Note that Ninja World Events may have a different timelimit, this timelimit will be outlined in their separate threads.

Return to Top

Last edited:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(C) VILLAGES
(C.i) Description:

In the Ninja World there are two shinobi organizations known as villages that one can join, if they wish. Hidden Villages are just as the name suggests - villages or cities in which ninja reside. A Hidden Village maintains its economy by training its citizens to be ninja from a young age and using them as manpower in various missions others would be willing to from, from weeding a garden for a single payment to receiving a constant stipend from the country it resides in for being soldiers in case the country is involved in war. Villages and their leadership are able to assign pre-determined missions to their ninja to be accomplished with the goal of bettering the village and gaining funds to expand its systems and territory.

(C.ii) Village Structure:

Villages are structured from top to bottom, in accordance with their Village Constitution. The Constitution is the Village's founding document, laid out by the Kage. Each Village is required to have a Constitution, with a Kage as the Village's leader. Beneath the Kage there must be some form of leadership council; it does not have to be described as a council, but certain members of the village, at least three, must be designated as officers. From there the Kage has discretion. They may take into account their constituent villagers or chart their own course. A democratic, autocratic, or aristocratic system can be formed with multiple types of government in between. A single individual may only join one village at any given time; after leaving a village you must wait a period of one month before you can join another village. Joining a village during this period may potentially cause one to lose Kumi as well as receive a penalty.

(C.iv) Village Missions:

Village Missions are slightly different than normal missions. Instead of normal story elements selected, villagers are directly issued missions from a Kage or Council (depending on how the village is structured). These missions are often placed on a mission board or posting section where they can be freely taken by anyone. These missions are specifically designed by those who create them with clear objectives set out. They are then submitted in the village subforum to be graded by a moderator, typically Drackos, whether they were passed or failed.

As previously mentioned, a Kage can allocate additional Kumi from the village treasury as a "bonus" to that mission with their village's resources to make these missions more lucrative. This bonus can never exceed more than 10% of the mission's base value. This means that an S-Rank mission, awarding a standard 1,500 Kumi, can never exceed 1,650 Kumi (150 Kumi bonus from village treasury). Missions that award bonus Kumi must also be evenly distributed among villagers. This is not a clearly defined distribution, but essentially boils down to "fair play." If a village becomes suspected of unevenly distributing bonus Kumi in missions to a select few then it will be subjected to moderator discretion in terms of action to be taken. The Ninja World Head Moderator has discretion in determining how a village's Kumi is being distributed.

(C.v) Membership and Territory:

At their inception the four standard villages started with 10 landmarks. Gaining more territory is done through standard claims and conquest. Villages can lose the land they've gained through battle, exploration, and treaties. Joining a village is done through in-character roleplay. This means going to meet the kage and joining the village yourself there, not simply asking over Discord or the forum out-of-character to join the village. Village rosters must be maintained at all times.

(C.vi) Kage Means of Communication:

A village's kage is automatically granted a communication scroll which is directly linked to all other Kage in the Ninja World currently leading villages. This scroll is identical to the communication sealing technique which allows two or more people to directly communicate and send messages to each other, appearing on the scroll. This scroll can be used by a kage to communicate with another kage specifically, or to all kage in the group. When a clan becomes a village, that clan's designated kage is automatically given a scroll. The scroll cannot be modified in any way, or used for other uses in Fuuinjutsu.

(C.viii) Wars and Treaties:

Village war rules and treaties are outlined in section (B) CLAIMS, CONFLICT, AND CONQUEST.

Return to Top

Last edited:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(D) THE AKATSUKI
(D.i) Lore:

In Naruto, the Akatsuki (translated as "Dawn," or "Daybreak") was an infamous organization of S-Class criminal ninja that had, in some shape or another, betrayed their villages and pledged their allegiance to the organization. The Akatsuki in Naruto took on a number of forms that represented a few distinct ideologies, which manifested into different objectives. The first, and perhaps purest of these, was Yahiko's first iteration of Akatsuki. The oganization devolved toward criminality after his death when Nagato became its de jure leader, with Obito pulling the strings from the shadows at Madara's behest. Our Akatsuki on AnimeBase operates under the same principle: a leader that establishes a goal autonomously from any influence; they set their ideology and goals for this rogue organization. The Akatsuki operates from the shadows, free from the constraints of Village and Clan law in order to further their own ends at any cost.

Currently in the Ninja World the Akatsuki is beginning to form. The machinations and schemes of a single individual, a mysterious cloaked man named Imeroth, has sought out Madara Uchiha to form the organization. The man comes from an island that has yet to be mapped in the Ninja World and discovered: a place known as the Sunlit Forge. He regards his ten candidates as his Champions of the very same Forge. The purpose of the Forge and the weapons remain a mystery to this day; how they will evolve into the Akatsuki, likewise, remains shrouded in confusion and uncertainty. Perhaps as the mysteries of the Eastern Continent unravel themselves so too will the Akatsuki's purpose in the man's grand design.

(D.ii) Membership:

The Akatsuki is a usergroup on AnimeBase with its own forum and leadership. Akatsuki members cannot be associated with other villages or clans, and are considered Rogue Ninja. Members of the Akatsuki obtain Relic Weapons, and the seals that correlate to them. The seals, much like the old Akatsuki rings, mirror the same Kanji and assortment as the old rings did. They are as follows: Scarlet, White, Boar, Azure, Void, North, South, Three, Jewel, and Zero. These seals act like Body Seals on one's biography, although they do not count toward their normal limit. They are, upon joining, placed on the backside of one's hand. The leader of the Akatsuki must always be bound to the Zero seal. The second in command of the Akatsuk will always wield the White Seal. The eight other members may wield whichever seal they please. However, these seals and their Relic Weapons cannot be traded or transferred between members at any time. Once a member obtains a Relic Weapon and its seal they keep it until they either resign their position or they lose it in battle.

Akatsuki Seals are bound to correlating Relic Weapons, which is how membership to the organization is conveyed. The Seal contains its related Relic Weapon; this allows the wielder to summon the weapon at their convenience, and store it at will. In order to claim someone else's Relic Weapon, and subsequently their Seal, one defeat them in battle. These battles are required to be held in the Ninja World and must be declared as a challenge for the Seal. These seals cannot be removed, inhibited, or tampered with through normal means, like techniques. Defeating someone in battle requires their health points drop to zero, which causes the Relic Seal on their body to disperse and involuntarily release the Relic Weapon from it to be claimed. The victor does not have to claim the Relic Weapon, which causes it to remain with its original owner. Should they choose to claim it, then the transfer process takes place. Gaining membership to Akatsuki requires defeating a current member and claiming their Seal. Once this is done, an S-Rank Mission assigned by a Ninja World Moderator is undertaken to finalize membership into the organization. During this time the previous member will remain in the organization. Should the claimant fail to pass their mission then the member will retain their place in the group. Should the claimant pass then the member will lose their Seal and Weapon and be expelled from the organization. Membership in Akatsuki requires activity in the Ninja World; thus failure to meet this requirement leads to removal from the organization. Outside of this, the Ninja World Head (current: Drackos) holds discretion in membership of the group and reserves the power to, in exceptional circumstances, remove or add members when needed. Additionally, should a member resign their Relic Weapon then the burden to add a member to the Akatsuki falls on the current holder of the Zero Seal, with the Ninja World Head's approval.

(D.iii) Directive:

The Akatsuki is an autonomous organization led by a single individual, the owner of the Zero Seal, and its respective Relic Weapon. Membership is determined by strength; the strongest will retain their positions and, should they be defeated, be almost certainly removed from the organization and replaced by their challenger. The Akatsuki is closely related to the mysterious individual who has issued a number of quests for Weapon Cores. This man is not the de facto leader of the Akatsuki, but has a vested interest in the organization's strength and activities. Members of the organization do not need to obediently follow this man and his word, however. Instead the organization's objectives are determined by the holder of the Zero Seal and their desire to strengthen their Relic Weapons. They can align with other villages in war, loot and steal from clans and villages, and even declare war against other villages. The Akatsuki cannot claim territory; it is a lawless organization outside the boundaries of society. In this regard the only landmark that the Akatsuki can own is the Sunlit Forge, an island located far off the northern coast of Tobusekai. The Akatsuki in essence operates as a single unit with a common objective, set by the holder of the Zero Seal. Underneath this objective they also act as individuals with their own goals and interests to further their agendas.

(D.iv) Relic Weapons:

Relic Weaponry is a special archetype of artifact exclusive to the Akatsuki, bound by rules separate from normal Artifacts. These weapons are mythical in status and hold potential to become extremely powerful, should its wielder dedicate enough time to its strengthening. These weapons are comparable to a Custom Weapon, but with far more unique options to customize them. They are stored in their respective Akatsuki Seal and can be called upon, or sealed, at will - happening passively. Relic Weapons, as alluded to, are not static in their power; they are developed and strengthened by their owners. They possess sets of active and passive abilities that are unlocked overtime while completing activities. These traits are divided into different skill branches that allow the owner to customize their weapon as it is developed. These 'traits' are unlocked exclusively through activity in the Ninja World. Completing missions, bounties, winning fights, and completing special missions, among other activities, allow the wielder to unlock traits in their weapon and grow its strength. By default, a Relic Weapon will have a limited number of abilities and passives which it confers to its wielder. This makes its power, initially, somewhat lackluster. But once developed they become potent tools of war while also allowing for a healthy level of customization power for the owner. These skills, as they are unlocked, can differ for each wielder. So a single Relic Weapon can manifest in two distinct ways between two owners. When a Relic Weapon changes hands, specifically after the previous owner is defeated and the weapon is successfully claimed, then the traits on the weapon reset. This allows the new owner to build the weapon themselves in their image, rather than lock the weapon to its previous iteration.

Relic Weapons, like any other Custom Weapon or tool, can be used in the Battle Arena as they are part of the biography that they are attached to. This means that Relic Weapons can only change hands in the Ninja World, through either resignation or defeat. Note that Akatsuki members and their Akatsuki biography are the only ones able to use a Relic Weapon; you can only change your Akatsuki biography in the interim period between arcs. Relic Weapons cannot be used alongside Caliburn's Seven Swords.

(D.v) Relic Wielders:

Zero Seal's Kuniumi - Lord of Kaos // Madara Uchiha
White Seal's Kamiumi - Arthorius // Lucifer
Scarlet Seal's Lone God - UNCLAIMED
South Seal's Malfeasance - INERT
Boar Seal's Sanguine Maw - Anbu Junior // Kotetsu
Void Seal's Xian - INERT
Jewel Seal's Demise - UNCLAIMED
North Seal's Izanami's Curse - Goetia // Merlin
Three Seal's Svalinn - INERT
Azure Seal's Heart of Skadi - INERT

Return to Top

Last edited:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(E) CLANS
(E.i) Description:

Clans form the second half of the backbone of the Ninja World alongside Villages. Clans consist of numerous small organizations of ninja vying for landmarks and artifacts in order to progress toward their ultimate goal: attaining village status. Clans are not to be confused with Custom Clans. In this sense, ninja from many bloodlines in Clans can band together under a common purpose. How a clan reaches this dream is entirely up to the clan and their members; one can walk a diplomatic path and solving their differences with words and deals. Others can walk the path of war, taking on the cloak of imperialistic subjugation in order to strengthen their own clan. The system offers versatility that allows the clan's manifested personality, whether it be under a single leader or a democratic-like structure, to achieve their ultimate goal. All clans must be submitted for approval in the appropriate thread, following established guidelines.

(E.ii) Clan Progression:

Progressing your clan is essentially a leveling system. Clans first formed start at the lowest level. From there, clans will progress towards the highest level: village. This reflects what happened in the Naruto canon: hundreds of competing clans eventually coming together to form a single village. It also reflects what happened in human history; bureaucracy and government developed over time. Clans are essentially small governments which grow into much larger and diverse entities. In the beginning, the bureaucracy of a clan will only allow you a limited number of members and landmarks to control, given its efficiency and sophistication. As you and your clan advance and improve this limit will increase and allow clans to expand.

(E.iii) Composition Limits:

Clans are limited by their development until they reach village status; this is done to prevent extremely strong individuals from congealing into very unfair groupings. In order to achieve this clans are limited in two ways to promote better balanced playing fields. It requires that clan leaders think how they compose their clan, rather than blindly rushing to invite anyone or focus on inviting the strongest people. The first is a member limit; this is a static restriction placed on clans that simply limits how many members can be in a single clan. The second limit placed on clans is an arbitrary value on that reflects the strength of its members. This second value is referred to as "Clan Points." These points are essentially a currency to purchase your members, who have a value determined by their Ninja rank (rank assigned to you in the battle thread). For example, a sage is worth 7 points. If a clan is allotted 15 points, one could have two sages in their clan at any given time (value: 14, 1 point to spare). This requires that clan leaders balance between maximizing the number of people in their clan as well as individual strength.
  • Academy Student: 0
  • Genin: 1
  • Chuunin: 2
  • Jounin: 4
  • Sage: 7
Special Note: Because members may continue to rank up while in their clans, their point value will actively reflect this. For example, a clan mebmer who joins as a Genin is worth 1. After some time they rank up to Chuunin, now worth 2 points. If this causes the clan point limit to be exceeded, it will only mean that the clan cannot recruit new members until they gain an increased point limit.​

(E.iv) Clan Levels:
  • Level One: the Level One Clan is a 'titular,' or unofficial, clan. It is a band of brothers bound together through shared interests and goals. Level One Clans are afforded a maximum of five members and a 25 Clan Point limit. Level One Clans can only claim a single Landmark, acting as a headquarters for their clan.
  • Level Two: To reach Level Two a Clan must complete two D-Rank Clan Missions, composed from Storyboard Elements (see section M). A Level Two Clan can claim a total of four Landmarks, and retain a Clan Point Limit of 25. Claimed Landmarks must be adjacent to each other, forming a single contiguous territory.
  • Level Three: The intermediate phase of Clan progression; Level Three Clans become available two weeks after Level Two is achieved. A Level Two Clan must complete three C-Rank Clan Missions. These clans can claim a total of six Landmarks; these Landmarks must be claimed adjacent to each other. Clan Point Limit is increased to 40 points.
  • Level Four: Level Four clans can be achieved after one months once a clan attains Level Three. During this period a Level Three clan must complete five B-Rank Clan Missions. These clans can claim a total of nine landmarks and their member limits are increased further, allowing for a maximum of twenty members and 60 Clan Points.
  • Level Five: the fifth and penultimate stage of development that can be attained one months after a clan obtains Level Four. After this period a Level Four clan must complete eight A-Rank clan missions. Clans have their landmark limit drastically increased, from 9 to 15. Clans at this stage possess no limit on their members, and are allocated a total of 80 Clan Points.
  • Village: Village status is the ultimate and final stage of clan development. Villages are unlocked through a special mission, assigned by the Ninja World Head Moderator or through Ninja World Event. The Village can only be unlocked after holding Level Five status for a minimum of one month. Villages have no limits on their members and have no Clan Point limit assigned to them. See section (C) VILLAGES for more information.
(E.v) Clan Structure:

There are no absolute and set guidelines to structure your clan. There are no set roles in Clans in the Ninja World, other than the person who submitted the clan, who is treated as the "leader." Clans are structured and organized according to how you ultimately want it to be. A clan can be a democracy, with people who hold equal power in voting. It can be a council system, where high ranking individuals control the actions of the clan. Or it can be an authoritarian group with all power concentrated at the v ery top. Your officials can be called whatever you please, following the clan's theme or your own whims. You could be an emperor, a king, a president, a council member, or an officer. They are entirely custom built by you and your clan's needs and desires.

Return to Top

Last edited:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(F) TRAVEL RULES
(F.i) General Travel:

Travel is conducted by traveling Landmark to Landmark. For example, traveling from the Badlands of Earth to the Land of Fire would require you to pass through each Landmark between Point A and Point B. This includes passing through minor villages and oceans. These landmarks set the terrain for each and every fight that takes place within the Ninja World. For example, if a fight were to take place in the Land of Fire at a port city, one can expect to see ships and water as well as a sandy beach like environment. When traveling, you must include the link to your last post as part of your traveling, to ensure that your travel path is being followed correctly. There is a mandatory forty-five (45) minute wait time in between posts. Once this time has passed the player is no longer within the landmark they left, even if they have not posted in their next intended landmark. This grace period ends after eight (8) hours have passed without the traveler posting in their next landmark. In these cases, if a roleplayer is in transit and does not post within 8 hours after their 45 minute travel time then they can be intercepted at their original landmark as they normally would. Note that this does not apply to Automated Travel.

In the Ninja World, reducing travel time between posts from the mandatory 45 minutes to less is possible. This is done through the Artifacts system, or certain specialties available to specific biographies. In the case of the first there are two types of artifacts that can make this desired change. The first is through items which enhance travel time. The second is through items that alter the terrain itself. Items that allow a clan to build roads, remove hindering terrain, etc. In the case of the latter, these changes must be first submitted to the Landmarks Update thread. These changes would apply only to the landmark that is altered. For example if Landmark A has a road built in it that reduces travel time by 50% then it would take you half the time go to from an adjacent landmark to it. And likewise, leaving Landmark A would also only take 50% of the time it would take normally.

(F.ii) Automated Travel:

At times in the Ninja World travel can become cumbersome, considering it is a world with over 250 landmarks. To avoid such time consuming tasks one may opt to use Travel Automation. Credit to this permanent addition goes to Typhon, and will hopefully help people who lead busy lives to still participate in the Ninja World regularly.

Travel Automation allow one to cross from Landmark A to Landmark B while still travelling through the adjacent landmarks that connect them. Unlike General Travel one does not need to make the intermediate posts when using Travel Automation; instead they will make a post in Landmark A containing their Travel Itinerary that completely lays out their intended travel path, along with the correct times that they will be present in each landmark (corrected for Eastern Standard Time, EST). There are certain restrictions and drawbacks that come with using Travel Automation. Rather than the standard forty-five minute window between landmarks, using Travel Automation increases that waiting period between landmark travel to one hour. This time cannot be reduced by Artifacts that reduce travel time. One cannot use Ocean Landmarks while traveling, making it impossible to cross continents using this method. Travel Automation does not make one immune to having their travel interrupted; when using Travel Automation if someone is present in a landmark you will cross through at the appropriate time, then they can stop your travel and interrupt you even though you haven't posted. Using Travel Automation can only be done when someone is traveling over a space of three landmarks, no less.

As with the traditional method of traveling each effective post (or each destination landmark) counts as a move. This incurs all appropriate chakra costs, turn reductions, and such for active techniques. While in Travel Automation one cannot activate other techniques that are not already active upon entering travel. They cannot gather Natural Energy for the use of any technique as well. Should one's travel path be interrupted by an interceptor at the appropriate landmark then they must void their travel plans and are forced to respond to the interceptor. At this point the traveler can attempt to flee, should the need arise, following the normal guidelines established in the Conflict Rules. Below is a sample post to initiate Travel Automation:
Travel Itinerary: #085 -> #087 -> #088 -> #090 -> #119 -> #120 -> #122 -> #123 -> #130 -> #131
Departing #085 The Deadmines at 3:45pm (3/2/19)
#087: 4:45pm - 5:45pm
#088: 5:45pm - 6:45pm
#090: 6:45pm - 7:45pm
#119: 7:45pm - 8:45pm
#120: 8:45pm - 9:45pm
#122: 9:45pm - 10:45pm
#123: 10:45pm - 11:45pm
#130: 11:45pm - 12:45am (3/3/19)
Arriving at #131 Tanishi at 12:45am (3/3/19)
Travel Itineraries must be detailed and show the exact times for travel as well as all landmarks traveled in order. Should any information in a Travel Itinerary prove false then the travel is voided, the traveler is reset to their original location, and may have a penalty issued by a Ninja World Moderator.

(F.iii) Space/Time Travel:

Travelling through the use of Space/Time Techniques, or techniques akin to this that allow one to move from Landmark A to B without travelling through the interim Landmarks, requires the user to have visited the landmark they wish to travel to at some point within the same arc. There are two exceptions to this rule. The first is traveling to Clan Sanctuaries in Tobusekai, or Village Landmarks. These can be traveled to without having been visited within the same landmark as long as your biography is part of that village or clan. The second is one is allowed to travel to Marketplaces without having been to them within the same arc. Techniques that transport the user to a separate location, not part of the Ninja World Map, like a different dimension, alternate reality, still allow the user to travel to that location. This only applies to Landmark to Landmark transportation and teleportation that skips interim landmarks.

(F.iv) Turns, Chakra Usage, and Moves:

Every post in the Ninja World accounts for a single 'turn.' This rule, an established rule for over 5 years, has set forth the idea that moving throughout the world accounts for time spent on techniques activated, chakra spent, and health recovered. In the Ninja World today, this rule persists. For example, if one activates a mode or Doujutsu in the Ninja World outside of battle while in travel and the mode lasts for four turns, then this mode will last for three turns outside of the turn it was activated in. This means that the turn it is activated in represents turn 1 (1/4), and then turn 2 is 2/4, and so on. Each post in the Ninja World happens at a minimum of 45 minute intervals, and so while travelling outside of battle each of these posts represents a single turn in techniques activated, chakra spent over time, etc.

Likewise, this applies to abilities like Sage Mode and gathering Natural Energy (each turn in the NW would count as 1 turn of gathering Natural Energy) and Yin-Yang's Chakra Creation technique, as well as other techniques of this archetype. Every 45 minutes, minimum, you will gather this chakra or accumulate natural energy. Note that while remaining stationary in a landmark and gathering chakra will remain the 45 minute default time, even when using artifacts that reduce travel time. This is because your bio is not actually travelling and just remaining still in a landmark.

(F.v) Marketplace Network:

The Marketplace Teleportation Network is a system of interlocked spacetime portals established at every marketplace in the world, including across continents. This network was designed by the Spider, located in Tobusekai, with the desire to connect his intelligence network to the Mainland and now Kamiyasumi. This means it becomes possible to instantly travel to any other marketplace instantly, waiting only the 45 minutes required between posts. Simply one steps into the portal and decides which marketplace they wish to go to, requiring standard travel time (even if the user has a way to reduce travel time). The only exception to this is the Beachhead, reserved for only the Champions of Humanity, and the Forward Encampment, reserved for the Akatsuki. While both of these locations eventually become treated as marketplaces, those aligned with Akatsuki cannot teleport to the Beachhead. Likewise, only those that are aligned with Akatsuki can teleport to the Forward Encampment. To transport to the Forward Encampment one must have an activated Akatsuki weapon. The only limit placed on the teleportation system is that a user can only activate it once every twelve hours, beginning from the point they arrive at their destination. Note that to transport to Kamiyasumi their respective landmarks must first become Marketplaces.

Return to Top

Last edited:
Reactions: KeotsuEclipse

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(G) TOBUSEKAI - THE EASTERN CONTINENT
(G.i) Description:

Legacy Description: Tobusekai, the Eastern Continent, diverges significantly from the Mainland. Tobusekai is a place that has never seen a single power dominate it; rather it is a mysterious, mist-shrouded, island that has seen numerous factions compete for survival and control over specific regions. The West, or the Mainland, saw the Hangurian Freehold dominate for centuries. But the East, for as long as human memory stretches, has never seen such unity and order. Today, Tobusekai is split into two distinct groupings: the Witchwood Company of Last Bastion and disparate clans vying for control over the continent. Without a central power the land has traditionally been left in a constant state of war and terror, with the only beacon of normal society in Last Bastion. To reflect this untamed lawlessness, certain landmarks in Tobusekai have special designations or unique traits. They are specified below. Today, the Great Mother Cult that had once dominated the continent now has been reduced to a shadow of what it once was. Their influence has waned, and now they live hidden within society and have heavily concentrated themselves in Last Bastion.

The once mysterious and mist-shrouded continent of Tobusekai has been reduced to a plague-ridden and desecrated land that is a shell of its former self. Millicent, an Adherent of Rot, has established herself as the dominant power on the continent and worships the powerful Basmu, Beast of Rot, from its nest in the Kaizoku Sea. The only bastion of relative peace on the island is located in the mysterious Strand of the Ancients, a line of temples that to this day seem resistant to the effects of the Scarlet Rot.

(G.ii) Sacred Sites:

This type of landmark designates a unique location in Tobusekai that has some sort of significance in the lore, known or unknown. These landmarks are typically religious sites that have meaning to a particular group, ancient ruins, or a shrine of some sorts. These locations cannot be changed in any way, regardless of the technique used in them. They cannot be submitted in the Landmark Updates thread to be altered. Likewise, they cannot be claimed or colonized by clans or villages.

Return to Top

Last edited:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(H) NINJA WORLD ARENAS
(H.i) The Last Bastion Witchwood Company:

The Witchwood Company of Last Bastion has owned and operated the Witchwood Arena for hundreds of years; since its inception the arena stands with a very complicated history, providing entertainment to the residents of Last Bastion as well as allowing warriors to test their mettle against against each other. Warriors come across the world to hone their combat ability, and the arena has fostered many champions. For centuries the arena has been home to typical battle royal and king of the hill style competitions, but they have been known to host other events like the Doubles Championship during the Season of the Rose.

(H.ii) The Witchwood Arena:

The arena is separated into the stands and the arena itself. The stands are freely accessible to spectators and would-be contenders alike, though they cannot interfere with the arena in any way. The arena itself rests in a circular depression encircled by steep walls. A powerful barrier seals in the walls keep techniques from affecting the spectators, and contenders from leaving a fight prematurely, although space/time abilities can bypass this and thus be used to escape. The arena itself is a perfect circle, stretching to mid-range in all directions from its center, containing only sand and dirt. The arena cannot be conquered, claimed, or spawned in unless special circumstances are in place (i.e. the Doubles Championship).

(H.iii) Arena Rules:

Fights in the Witchwood Arena generally operate according to standard Ninja World battle rules, with some exceptions. There is a 48 hour time limit with no possible exceptions that can be made between opponents. The time limit also extends to quoting and discussing a move, although after a Sensei has been contacted the time limit is paused and remains so until a verdict has been posted, but it does not reset afterwards, it simply continues. If no Sensei can be found in good time a Ninja World Moderator can be contacted for verdicts, or to select a sensei. On a per issue basis combatants are only entitled to a single check. This means that for each quote that arises there can only be one check for it. This means that Sensei or Moderator checks cannot be contested unless the Ninja World Head Moderator intervenes. Like with standard Ninja World fights, Witchwood Arena fights can have three checks in total with the third check being a moderator deciding check. One cannot issue a challenge while a fight is ongoing; only once a fight is over can a roleplayer challenge the current Champion. One may only fight in the Arena with their real body, not a clone.

Each battle in the Witchwood Arena is fought with a specific rule set; examples of these include no Yin-Yang, Taijutsu only, Kenjutsu only, no boosting, and so on. Some include unique mechanics combatants need to respect, like a consistent drain on their chakra, or reduced health. It also includes a default rule set, allowing for an unrestricted standard fight. Both combatants must agree on the same rule set; if no accord can be found then they can approach a Ninja World Moderator to choose the rules for them, or do so randomly. After each fight a new rule set is chosen by the Champion and the Challenger. Regardless, there must always be a rule set chosen even if it is the standard engagement. Rule sets can be found below. Rules will be constantly added, or removed, and can be freely suggested.

(H.iv) Witchwood Arena Rule Sets:
  • Standard Engagement: Standard Witchwood rules apply, no limitations set.
  • Canon Only: Standard engagement except all custom abilities are banned, including those inherent to a biography.
  • Absence of Balance: Yin-Yang Release and its components are banned, barring inherent benefits afforded to the biography.
  • Back to Basics: Combatants may only use their Basic Five Elemental Transformations.
  • Elemental Primacy: Combatants may only use their AE, including Custom Elements.
  • Spiritual Might: Combatants may only use Spiritual-based abilities, including Yin Release, Nara Shadows, Genjutsu, Yamanaka Ninjutsu, and so on.
  • Tai Unleashed: Combatants may only use Taijutsu related skills, including the Eight Inner Gates.
  • Way of the Word: Combatants may only use Freeform Taijutsu.
  • Pokemon Battle: Combatants may only use Summoning Contracts and their respective Summoning Ninjutsu.
  • Void: All boosts and debuffs are banned, leaving only standard damage values. This includes boosts to chakra.
  • Unstoppable Entropy: Each turn all combatants have their health and chakra reduced by 10% of its maximum each turn. This cannot be restored or healed and will continue until both combatants are incapacitated.
  • Greed: Your opponent gains an increase of 10 damage for each ability field you own. Stacks indefinitely and does not count toward one of your two damage boosts or debuffs. Applies in both directions.
  • Draw Upon the Void: Every two turn each combatant gains two Void Infusions.
  • Chaotic Blessing: Every four turns each combatant will roll for either a 10, 20, 30, or 40 damage boost to a single technique.
  • Shifting Reality: Every two turns the rule set changes, to be rolled in the Official Rolls Discord channel. Exclude Shifting Reality from the rolls.
(H.v) Witchwood Events: Occasionally special events will take place at the Witchwood Arena featuring special rewards. These events will often have their own unique rule sets separate from standard Witchwood rules. The most recent example of this was the 2019 Doubles Championship.

(H.vi) Witchwood Prizes:

The previous iteration of the Witchwood Arena offered prizes that varied per tier, ranging from leg weights to Mangekyou Sharingan, Canon Rinnegan, Kinjutsu, EIG, and so on. The spread of winning fights had not been even, leading to a low rate of participation at the Arena. This has been adjusted, and all prizes have been converted to Kumi rewards instead. At the Witchwood Arena, Kumi awarded is based on one's win streak. The inherent purpose of the Witchwood Arena has not changed, awarding combatants for longer and longer win streaks - a king of the hill style arena.

As such, one's first win is worth 1,000 Kumi, their second is worth 2,500 Kumi, their third worth 5,500, the fourth is worth 9,500 Kumi, and the fifth is worth 13,000 Kumi. Beyond the fifth win, participants are rewarded with a linear addition of 3,000 Kumi to their winnings; 16,000 (6), 19,000 (7), 22,000 (8), and so on. To clarify, this is not a cumulative sum (16,000 + 14,000...), but is one sum awarded after the Champion's streak ends (ex. one who wins 5 times in a row will earn 13,000 Kumi).
(H.vii) The Dark Tower:

Oisha may remain at large, but the Ronin at the Dark Tower remain. Now with no purpose, they have decided to open their reliquary and distribute the ancient artifacts found inside. To prove one's worth they must challenge the Spectral Champion of the Tower.

(H.viii) Arena Rules:

Fights at the Dark Tower operate on standard Ninja World Battle rules. Unlike the Witchwood Arena, which features Player versus Player combat, fights at the Dark Tower are strictly Player versus the Environment, more details below. Dark Tower battles have a five (5) day time limit for the Challenger and Proctor, with exceptions up to the proctor (a Ninja World Moderator or delegated Sensei). Quoting is not permitted, but discussions with a paused time limit can take place. Every arc a Spectral Champion is summoned by the Ronin of the Dark Tower; a spiritual entity that takes on corporeal form. These Spectral Champions are, in essence, minibosses of the Ninja World. At times they can range from fighting a canon biography (Advanced Madara Uchiha, for example), to custom bosses with unique ability sets, skills, and mechanics. Every arc a new Champion will be posted in the Arena Champion Thread.

Unlike the Witchwood Arena, where fights can extend for long periods of time and over multiple arcs, a Spectral Champion can only be battled by one person per arc. If the Challenger loses, then the Champion may be battled by another person that arc. If the Challenger wins, then the Champion disperses and the Challenger is awarded a unique Artifact. Fights against a Spectral Champion can only last for the arc they are in, with a new Champion taking their place in the following arc. If a fight does not end before the end of the arc, then the Head Ninja World Moderator will judge whether or not the Challenger performed adequately. This is judged based on the Champion's ability set taken into account. Once their battle has ended, win or lose, they cannot challenge the new Spectral Champion until one full arc has passed.

The arena of the Dark Tower changes each time. The Dark Tower proctors will teleport both Champion and Challenger to a spectral plane of their choosing; this dimension is inaccessible to outsiders and its terrain is entirely decided by the Dark Tower Proctor. It can be as simple as a field of grass with no water, to as complex as a magnificent temple, or even a spectral realm of nothingness. Spectral Champions are corporeal in every sense; they are living beings in battle, with flesh and blood, as well as a health pool and their own set of abilities with any unique additions made by the Ninja World Head Moderator. One may only fight in the Arena with their real body, not a clone.

(H.ix) Dark Tower Events:

Like the Witchwood Arena, the Dark Tower will on occasion feature special events with their own unique rules.

(H.x) Dark Tower Prizes:

Unlike the Witchwood Arena, that offers Kumi, the Dark Tower strictly offers Artifact rewards. With the advent of new artifacts, these items will be remarkably unique among their class and powerful relics. These relics are issued to those who win, or are judged to have performed favorably, against a Spectral Champion.

Return to Top

Last edited:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(I) ECONOMY
(I.i) Description:

The Ninja World operates on Kumi; this currency is not exclusive to the Ninja World and can be earned outside of it.

(I.ii) Acquisition:

Kumi can be earned in a multitude of ways. This thread will document the means to earn it through the Ninja World. The primary means to earn Kumi is through Storyboard Missions. Kumi can also be awarded through tournaments, Ninja World events, and Rifts.
  • Battles: Earning Kumi through Ninja World battles is done in the same way as through the Battle Arena.
  • Storyboard Missions:Performing Storyboard Missions allows the player to create their own missions through a variety of story elements and tailor their own story out of them. Completing these missions and satisfying their objectives will award players an amount of Kumi depending on the difficulty of the mission. Additionally, players will also have a chance to be awarded randomly an artifact from completing missions. Below is the distribution of Kumi from missions.
    • D-Rank: 300 Kumi
    • C-Rank: 550 Kumi
    • B-Rank: 750 Kumi
    • A-Rank: 1,150 Kumi
    • S-Rank: 1,750 Kumi
(I.iii) Rule of Secondary Entities:

Clones can now only perform two missions in a single Ninja World arc. The main biography can still perform missions as normal, but going forward clones may only perform 2 missions in a single arc. This isn't on a clone by clone basis; this means ALL secondary entities in the NInja World can only complete two missions in a single arc. By secondary, this means clones, Yin-Yang Creations, familiars, Souma no Kou twins, Yang familiars, Children of Tiamat slaves, and other 'entities' secondary to the main biography.

(I.vi) Ninja World Official Titles

Official Titles is an officially recognized title for a biography that it is associated with. As an official title it is recognized by the Roleplay as something earned by its designated roleplayer for doing something extraordinary in the Ninja World. These titles are unique in that they carry tangible benefits with them, recognized in the Ninja World, and cannot be equipped by any roleplayer that does not meet the requirements to use them. Some titles might be exclusive to a single roleplayer while others might be earned or shared for having met the same or similar requirements. Titles are generally, unless otherwise noted, to be specific and unique to the biography it is earned and equipped to. This means that they are not interchangeable to other biographies unless specifically stated.

A Roleplayer may designate a single Official Title to their biography and gain its benefits; this is done by listing it in the Nickname/Title section. Note that if you do not meet the requirements for this title then you cannot use it regardless, even cosmetically. Roleplayers that earn multiple titles may dispaly all of them, but designate which one they gain the benefits from in the Other section of the biography. Please note that you cannot make use of titles assigned to NPCs, such as Voidlord, Voice of Tiamat, etc unless explicitly allowed.

(I.vii) Current Ninja World Titles
  • Champion of Humanity - For the valorous defense of the Age of Humans in the face of adversity.
    • Earned by participating in and completing the raid on Irkalla featured in Arcs 19 and 20.
    • Gain a 10% reduction to all Kumi costs in the Ninja World Marketplace and reduce all travel in the Ninja World by 10 minutes.
  • Dark Tower Duelist - For those who triumph over numerous challenges at the Dark Tower.
    • Earned by becoming Champion of the Dark Tower three times.
    • Gain a 10% reduction to all Kumi costs in the Ninja World Marketplace and increase daily Health and Chakra regeneration while out of combat by 100%.
  • Explorer - For those that braved the mysterious shores of Kamiyasumi and fought for their faction.
    • Earned by completing at least 20 missions during Arc 22 in the Outer Lands.
    • Gain a 15% reduction to all Kumi costs in the Ninja World Marketplace.
    • Reduce travel time in the Outer Lands by 20 minutes. This does not stack with other sources of travel time reduction.
    • All damage your biography does is increased by 20 points while in the Outer Lands.
  • Dragonslayer - For those that challenged or solved the mysteries of the Dragonkin and their ancestors.
    • Classified as a PVE title. Active against enemy NPCs that are classified as Dragons or Dragonkin.
    • Increases all damage done by 30 points, not counting as a boost.
    • Increases healing done to themselves and their allies by 10%.
    • Gains a 20 point damage mitigation against Fire Release and other "heat" based fields, not counting toward Icefyre.
  • Savior - For those that defeated Kurama in the Fall of Chungsu.
    • Classified as a PVE title. Active against enemy NPCs that are classified as "Beasts" (of Tiamat, of Chakra).
    • Increases critical damage done by 15%.
    • Increases healing received by 15%
    • Increases damage done by 30
  • the Walking Tragedy - for those that defeated a broken man, who challenged the world in spite of his broken heart.
    • Classified as a PVP title. Active against enemy players.
    • Increases damage done by 5 points when under 80% maximum health capacity, 10 points when under 50% maximum health capacity, and 15 points when under 20%. This damage boost stacks does not count as a buff or debuff toward the users total.
    • Increases healing potency by 10%
Return to Top

Last edited:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(J) ARTIFACTS
(J.i) Description:

Relics of a past golden age, items and tools shrouded in mystery, Void touched powers, the secrets of building and administration, earth shaping forces, medicines, and even machines for convenient utility - this is what encompasses Artifacts in the Ninja World. Artifacts are a unique opportunity for all who participate in the daily life of the Ninja World to acquire unique and useful items. By pursuing missions, spending Kumi at the marketplaces, trading with others, thievery, and events one can obtain Artifacts for personal and clan/village use.

(J.ii) Categories:

Ninja World Artifacts are divided into three distinct categories: common, rare, and Void Infused.

• Common Artifacts: Items that effectively have no limit. They are items like healing salves, architectural documents, and bureaucratic relics that can help improve a clan or village. They are often, and vastly, compose items sold in the Ninja World Marketplace.
  • Rare Artifacts: Unique items shrouded in mystery. As unique items, typically there can only ever be one in circulation at any given time, unlike common Artifacts and Void Infused. They are usually awarded for special Ninja World events or at the Dark Tower.
  • Void Infused: Void Infused Artifacts are modifications made to your biography. They are incredibly versatile and powerful, and allow one to create unique sets to achieve their uses through Void Infusions. More information can be found in the Void Infused Artifact thread and in Section (J.iii).
  • God-Slaying Artifact: God-Slaying Artifacts, also known as God-Slaying Tools, are weapons and tools wielded to harm and slay Divinities
(J.iii) Void Infused Artifacts:
From the depths of Irkalla come the next series of artifacts: Void Infused Artifacts. The Underworld holds a close connection to the Void, the primordial space where Tiamat resides; within it is a powerful and intrinsic universal essence called Chaos. The power of Chaos is wielded only by the highest tier of Divinities, such as Marduk and his siblings. But the Void Infused Artifacts bring humanity one step closer to touching such power; these Artifacts are touched by the Void itself, infusing them with incredible power.

Carrying with them a special designation, Void Infused, these artifacts are heavily centered on the Official Rolls system of the NRP, paying homage to their nature derived from Chaos. Void Infused Artifacts center around the idea of your biography becoming Void Infused by fulfilling certain conditions. A biography can hold up to five Void Infused Artifacts, counting as their own unique category, separate from regular Artifacts. They can be used in the Battle Arena, but are unique to the character they are present on; they cannot be transferred, not even between Ninja World Arcs. This means that if you switch your Ninja World biography between arcs, your biography will retain its Void Infused Artifacts but you cannot switch them to your next biography. Likewise, if you switch your biography during a Ninja World Arc you lose access to all its Void Infused Artifacts.

The system is based on the concept of a Void Infusion. The Artifacts themselves are not items; they are more modifications to your biography’s abilities. Thus, the system’s principle is that one must become Void Infused and then spend those Void Infusions. This divides Void Infused Artifacts into two major types: those that cause it to become Void Infused and those that spend those Infusions. The first category is a type of Void Accumulator; you will gain charges of Void Infusion. The other is a Void Spender; you will spend charges of Void Infusion in order to gain certain benefits. For instance, the user might have a Void Infused Artifact that grants them a 25% chance to grant a Void Infusion when they use a Forbidden ranked technique. With their one charge of Void Infusion they can choose to use it through one of their Void Spender Artifacts; for instance, they might use it to gain a damage boost to their next four Fire Release techniques. Both the ways to gain Void Infusion as well as the effects they can grant you vary depending on the artifact, of which up to five can be held. The user at any time, unless with specific Artifacts, can only hold up to two Void Infusions. There might be Void Infused Artifacts that exist that can increase the total number of Infusions that can be held at any given time.

Void Infused Artifacts cannot be stolen or traded from other roleplayers. They are more so modifications to their biography rather than actual items. User can carry a maximum of five Void Infused Artifacts at any given time, of any combination of Accumulators and Spenders. This means that if you stack Accumulators, you will find it easier to obtain a Void Infusion. If you stack Spenders, you will have a variety of ways to use your Void Infusion but might struggle to gain them. It is a balancing act that is centered on how you fight. Void Infused Artifacts also do not only center on battle applications, either. Some might increase how quickly your travel in the Ninja World, increase your health or chakra passive regeneration, or grant you usages on techniques.

With the coming of Void Infused Artifacts, as well as their conditions to activate them, new terminology is coming. Some Void Infusions will refer to successfully using them. This means that you may use it in one turn, but if your opponent interrupts it then you will not gain its effects. For example, if a Void Accumulator states you may gain a Void Infusion if you successfully heal for thirty health points in a single turn but your opponent interrupts that in the next turn, then you do not gain the Void Infusion.

Void Infused Artifacts will be obtained in a few different ways. Basic artifacts can be purchased for Kumi at a Ninja World Marketplace. More advanced and rare Artifacts might be available for bidding at a Marketplace, while also at the Spider for incredibly high amounts of Kumi compared to their more basic versions. Others might be able to be found in special events and raids, featuring the strongest enhancements. Void Infused Artifacts are a new system and are subject to changes as time passes. Custom Void Infused Artifacts cannot be submitted. Below are examples of how this system functions.
(J.iv) Usage: Artifacts of any type can be used at all times in the Ninja World, within the limits set for them. In addition, all artifacts can be used for Battle Arena fights, official or unofficial. Roleplayers are entitled to placing up to three artifacts on their biographies, and their usage is limited to that biography. Of these three artifacts only one can be battle-related. This limit does not apply to Void Infused Artifacts, which can be found in Section (J.iii).

(J.v) Acquisition:

The two primary means of acquiring Artifacts is through storyboard missions and the Ninja World Marketplaces. Most Artifacts can be stolen, while rare Artifacts are typically acquired at the Dark Tower or through special Ninja World events.

• Storyboard Missions: Storyboard Missions allow players to create their own unique missions through a combination of varying elements listed in the storyboard; by compiling more and higher difficulty elements players will be able to create a vast amount of missions that vary in complexity and difficulty. Completing these missions offers players rewards, these rewards directly correlate with the difficulty of the mission that is completed. These missions always offer players a Kumi reward, this Kumi can be accumulated to be used for a lot of purposes including the ability to purchase artifacts off the marketplace. In addition to the Kumi reward players also have a chance to be awarded a random artifact, with rarity correlated to the mission difficulty. This creates a sort of "looting" system attached to mission completion that gives a chance at a "drop." Specific drop rates can be found below.
  • Custom Creation (Personal Use): Should a player be fortunate and have a random artifact drop, they have the option to relinquish that artifact and instead create their own. While the ability to offer artifacts to the universal list is always available to all roleplayers, using this option both allows the player to create their own and keep it for their own personal use. These artifacts require approval and can only be created up to the rank that the player was awarded as their drop (i.e. getting an A-Rank drop allows the player to create up to an A-Rank artifact). These artifacts, while awarded for personal use immediately, can be lost like all other artifacts and taken by other players. They can also be sold and traded as normal.
  • Looting, Pillaging, and Theft: Players can obtain artifacts that are in circulation through devious means as well. These methods, perhaps the most difficult, require that the player(s) enter a landmark where artifacts are stored by another clan or player and steal them. These artifacts, most likely stored in banks or other forms of safe storage, are usually kept out of plain view and require that players participate in no metagaming or unfair practices to ascertain their location and then forcefully acquire them.
  • Kumi Marketplace: As players complete missions, trade and interact with other clans, loot and pillage, participate in wars, and claim landmarks, they will accumulate Kumi. Kumi can also be earned by winning official battles in the Battle Arena. This Kumi can be used for a wide variety of purposes: purchasing artifacts in the Kumi Marketplace, or permissions. Kumi can also be used as a diplomatic tool, offering it in trade deals and treaty agreements. On occasion the Kumi Marketplace can feature rare and unique Artifacts that are typically bid on with Kumi.
You must be registered for see images
(J.vi) Artifact Phase Out:

Artifacts that were created or earned during or before Arc 15 can be resubmitted to be placed back in circulation. These Artifacts will be placed under scrutiny and have their abilities reduced in effect should they be too powerful.

(J.vii) Marketplaces:

Some landmarks in the Ninja World are designated as a marketplace, which allows players a location to spend their Kumi on a wide variety of goods. Accessing the marketplace only requires players to visit one of the selected landmarks; once at the landmark, purchasing requires you post in the Ninja World Marketplace thread. This is done for organizational purposes, given that there are multiple marketplaces. Thus, in order to purchase the only requirement is that your bio that you wish to purchase on be present in the marketplace as well as have the necessary Kumi on hand. Once one posts in the NW Marketplace thread, their purchase will be verified and approved by staff. Because marketplaces are a special designation on landmarks, these places cannot be claimed or conquered by clans. However, access to them can be limited through force and intimidation. Within the landmark and marketplace itself, combat is forbidden.

Each marketplace features a shared basic inventory, making the location of the marketplace typically irrelevant to the artifacts or landmark upgrades that are purchased. Marketplaces may, on occasion, feature rare items and landmark upgrades; roleplayers will be notified of their presence in the Noticeboard, or through announcement. Typically higher value and rarer items will be available only through bidding. In order to place a bid for an item a player merely needs to be in the marketplace at the time they want to place their bid. They do not need to remain there afterwards, this also applies for buying normal items. However, should they be out bid they will need to return to the marketplace to place a new bid.

Current Marketplaces: Hachiman's Bulwark (129), Dawnport (264), Pingshu (119), Crystal Fortress (B04), Degarashan (019),

(J.viii) God-Slaying Tools:

Originally created by the legendary blacksmith Marzan, the God-Slaying Tools were a series of weapons forged to kill gods. The first generation of God-Slaying Tools are uncountable, being used by farmers and lords alike to defend themselves in a war they were never meant to participate in. They garnered the reputation of being a cosmic equalizer, rendering the intrinsic defenses that a god possesses, their Divinity, over a normal human a moot point. A god is innately far more powerful than any one human, but through sheer numbers and the God-Slaying Tools some could ultimately be overcome and slain. The infamous reputation that the Tools gained would eventually earn Marzan a place in Irkalla’s prisons, locked there for Nergal feared his potential but also wanted to make use of Marzan’s skills against his brothers: Enlil and Marduk.

Today, thousands of years after their use, the God-Slaying Tools have mostly been lost. One of the most nefarious that remained was the weapon Blessings from the End of the World, a God-Slaying Tool that eventually saw its Divine-slaying purpose corrupted by the Void. It was wielded by the Voidlord Demetrias before being destroyed by Enkidu, taken by Emiya Shirō, and then reforged into Tsumukari. After it was reforged the few God-Slaying Tools that Marzan possessed were revealed to have been stolen. But not all was lost; Marzan vowed to forge a new generation of Tools to turn toward the gods that torment humanity, seeking to upend the Ordered Way.

God-Slaying Tools are a unique categorization of Artifact in the Ninja World (God-Slaying Artifact). Unlike other Artifacts their usage is restricted explicitly to the Ninja World. A biography can hold up to two unique God-Slaying Tools. God-Slaying Tools share the same technique template as other abilities, though they hold a unique Type noted as ‘God-Slaying Artifact.’ God-Slaying Tools can be stolen but they are useless when not wielded by who they were created for because the Tool is bound to that user’s soul.

All God-Slaying Tools intrinsically carry Anti-Divinity, a characteristic that allows a God-Slaying Tool to pierce the Divinity of a God that would otherwise separate them from human capability. In a sense they are similar to the interaction Senjutsu has with Yin-Yang Release. It does not necessarily hold a strength against it or overpower it, but it allows the user to ‘equalize’ the battlefield. Also important to note is that a God-Slaying Tool does not allow the user to necessarily overpower the Authority conferred by Anutu, which is distinct from the Anti-Divinity that a God-Slaying Tool provides.

Forging your God-Slaying Tool is critical to overcoming challenges in the Ninja World going forward. Initially you will only be capable of forging a single God-Slaying Tool. But after some development the Armory of Marzan and Smithy of Sanctuary will become capable of producing more and more of these weapons in preparation for the coming war.

(J.ix) Forging a God-Slaying Tool:

Forging a God-Slaying Tool can be done at Durmaz's Smithy in Sanctuary, or in person with Shirō Emiya. The process involves what is called ‘atavistic techniques,’ an ancient skill developed by Marzan that involves using the wielder’s own soul to bind to the sword. The soul is something intrinsically human. If Divinity is to a God as the Soul is to a human, then it is what makes the Soul intrinsically human that grants a God-Slaying Tool its intrinsic Anti-Divinity capability. Forging a God-Slaying Tool is preceded by three B-Rank Ninja World Missions, assigned by Shirō or Durmaz. These missions typically involve gathering materials necessary to build a weapon.

Once these missions have been completed and marked as Passed Shirō or Durmaz will forge a God-Slaying Tool. The Tools are noted as tools and not weapons because they can take on many forms not simply confined to a sword, spear, shield, etc. Though they can easily fit into that categorization if that is what the user desires. A newly forged God-Slaying Tool is simple by nature. It has no unique abilities aside from its intrinsic Anti-Divinity. This means that a God-Slaying Tool begins as nothing more than a simple tool with Anti-Divinity attached to it. A sword is still a sword, but the edge of it can pierce a god’s body, for example. As the Ninja World story progresses opportunities will manifest that allow a God-Slaying Tool wielder to reforge and enhance their weapon, adding unique abilities to it that expand its capability to kill a god.

(J.x) Developing God-Slaying Tools:

Developing a God-Slaying Tool is carried out over multiple phases. These are broken down into a step by step process below.

Tier 1: Foundation

• Meeting Durmaz Bakir, Blacksmith of Sanctuary or Shirō Emiya.
    • To begin your journey to acquiring a God-Slaying Tool you must first make the journey to Sanctuary and meet Durmaz, or find Shirō throughout the Ninja World. There you will request a weapon or tool to your specifications.
  • Preparing to Forge your Tool
    • Complete three B-Rank Missions issued by Durmaz or Shirō to prepare to forge your tool.
  • Forging your Tool
    • Join Durmaz in his Smithy to forge your God-Slaying Tool. Bind your soul to it and embrace the ultimate expression of humanity.
Tier 2: Specialization

Specialization is a Tier 2 enhancement to one's God-Slaying Tool. What originally began as a weapon gifted only with intrinsic Anti-Divinity will now be shaped by the user's soul. This step in developing a God-Slaying Tool takes it from a generic tool or weapon into something specialized beyond its basic Anti-Divinity. This step can be started once the user has a God Slaying Tool of their own. Once this is done they must seek out Grandmaster Iavid, the head of the Monks of the human Order, Durmaz Bakir or Shirō Emiya. With their Atavistic Flame it becomes possible to forge new properties into Marzan's creations. When choosing a specialization many factors should be considered: one's custom arsenal, the biography type, theme, and personality, the type of weapon they are using, and the role the user is looking to fill. It is important to recognize that once a God-Slaying Tool has been specialized it cannot be reversed or changed. While a God-Slaying Tool can take a Medic specialization it might not necessarily be the best fit if the user is only seeking to use Kenjutsu and doesn't possess any medical or supportive techniques. Enhancing a God-Slaying Tool requires the user to complete three A-Rank missions in Kamiyasumi. The following specializations can only be used for battling NPCs in the Ninja World, Divine or not.

Note: Your specialization will be added as an addendum to your God-Slaying Tool, included at the bottom of the technique when posting it.
Note: Cannot be used in the Dark Tower.

Support: this God-Slaying specialization is designed to provide strategic and tactical support to the team. This type of God-Slaying Tool possesses limited in their offensive capability but gifted in their ability to augment their team with a plethora of buffs and shields.

Embrace of the Fates (Passive): Passively Support specialists grant all their allies an additional 20 damage to those within mid-range of their location.

Beyond the Veil (Passive): All Support specialists boosts bypass damage stacking limits.

Divine Stratagem (Active): At the cost of a move and a slot in the timeframe the user is able to activate this God-Slaying technique; this allows all allies to gain a 3x speed and tracking increase as well as cause their next Ninjutsu to gain Anti-Divinity. Lasts for three turns, usable every four.

Medic: this God-Slaying specialization is designed to provide medical support to their team. They are not particularly well suited to combat, much like a Support specialist. But they are able to cure debuffs, diseases, and provide significant benefits to their teammate in the way of bulk healing, healing over time, and area healing.
Grace of Ishtar (Passive): Medics gain an increased 30% healing to all their abilities. Their healing techniques have a 20% chance to critically heal, causing them to heal for 100% increased healing.

Composite Healing (Passive): A Medic's healing techniques gain Composite Healing. This causes all healing to simultaneously heal Spiritual and Physical damage.

Embrace of Nannar (Active): At the cost of a move and a slot in the timeframe the user is able to heal all allies within mid-range of their position for 30 Health Points and cure them of all negative debuffs, as long as they can be cured. Usable once every four turns.

Warrior: are a team's key close-range damage dealers. Their weapons are outfitted for raw offense. They are not particularly well suited to support roles.
Hell-forged Combatant (Passive): A Warrior gains an increase of 30 damage to all of their Taijutsu and Bukijutsu used through their God-Slaying Tool. Additionally, their Atavistic Flame is increased by the same amount.

Devastator (Passive): A Warrior's Taijutsu and Bukijutsu strikes have a 10% chance to strike a Divine target critically.

Master of War (Active): At the cost of a move and a slot in the timeframe the user is able to punch through any Divine technique regardless of its nature and neutralize it, taking no damage whatsoever. Usable once per battle.

Defender: The bulk of a team's defense, acting in tangent with medics to provide maximum protection for their team.

Guardian of Humanity (Passive):

Defender Specialists reduce all damage taken by 30 points. This mitigation can be stacked with one other source of damage mitigation.​

Sentinel (Passive): Defender specialists share the damage reduction provided by Guardian of Humanity to all allies within short-range of their position.

Entrenched (Active): Defenders can entrench their position, erecting a barrier from their God-Slaying Tool up to 10 meters around their position. The barrier can absorb 220 points worth of damage from all sources that directly pass through the barrier. However, techniques that do not interact with the barrier can still penetrate it.

Caster: Casters are a team's ranged offense, preferring to operate at a distance.
Wisdom of Anu (Passive): Caster Specialists gain an increase of 30 damage to all of their Ninjutsu and Atavistic Flame.

Sacred Arsenal (Passive): Casters' Ninjutsu techniques have a 10% chance to strike a Divine target critically.

Light of the Pantheon (Active): At the cost of a move and a slot in the timeframe the user is able to empower their next three Ninjutsu with an additional 30 damage and the ability to interact with Divinity.

Tier 3: Ascension/Apotheosis

CLASSIFIED

Return to Top

Last edited by a moderator:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(K) STORY ARCS, BIOGRAPHIES, AND REGENERATION
(K.i) Story Arcs:

Time passes in the Ninja World universally. This contrasts with the previous Ninja World that operated on specific timelines occurring simultaneously. This means that events that occur within the Ninja World now occur simultaneously for all players. There is no 'resetting' your biography; everyone operates in the same timeline, rather than separately. For instance, a battle that is ongoing between two clans is occurring simultaneously as someone else on the other side of the world buying an artifact in the marketplace. The Ninja World timeline, universally set for all players, is divided into major Story Arcs, defined below. These Story Arcs are posted and archived in the lore thread; here the history will be updated and added as the story of the Ninja World progresses, allowing you and your activities to go down in NW history. This has many important implications for how biographies work in the Ninja World.

A Ninja World Story Arc is a period of time, typically between one and three months, that acts as a unit of time in the Ninja World that dictates when you can change your biography without incurring penalties. For veteran roleplayers, changing your biography in the Ninja World would simply involve resetting it at your village or in the Crimson State Island. With the addition of Story Arcs changing your Ninja World biography is only possible after a Story Arc has ended. When a Story Arc ends there is a short grace period between the arcs in which you can change your biography or update them before the next arc begins. In the context of the Ninja World and Arcs, changing your biography involves changing the inherent character, appearance, and history of the biography. This means that you can change your biography's abilities, add to them, or change them; but these changes won't go into effect until after the current Arc has ended. This applies strictly to altering and updating the abilities of the biography. The exception to this is techniques of abilities you have learned since the Arc has started. Simply put, techniques that are placed on the biography (body seals, personal summons, etc), must be updated between arcs to take effect. But techniques, like individual jutsu, can be used in the arc that it was learned in.

Ongoing Battles: This rule does not extend to active fights in the Ninja World. When you are in an active fight in the Ninja World and you learn a technique after that fight has started then it cannot be used in that fight.​

When the essence of a character is altered (history, appearance, their core abilities, their clan) or the character is outright dropped then the implications of character change are important in the Ninja World. Simply put, when a character undergoes a significant change that results in an entirely new character, or is outright dropped as the Ninja World biography or dropped entirely, then this rule goes into effect. In the case of this happening during a Ninja World Story Arc, then all progress is lost on that biography. All Artifacts, including Void Infused Artifacts, as well as positions in clans, Akatsuki, and villages are lost. It will be as if this character has died, and has lost all their possessions bound to the Ninja World. Biography and Ninja World Moderators have discretion when examining whether or not a biography has been fully reset in the Ninja World when dropped or changed.

When a biography is dropped or replaced during the grace period between Arcs, then the harsh punishments of the above rule are lessened. In the case of this if a biography is dropped during the grace period and replaced with another then the new biography can keep their position in their village, clan, or Akatsuki (at the discretion of the Zero Seal holder), and they retain their artifacts. Simply put, this rule requires you commit your biography to a single arc fully.

Death and Biography Switching: If your biography perishes during a Ninja World arc you may not change biographies until your biography has healed enough to the minimum required health to operate. Currently this health threshold is 80. See Health/Chakra Regeneration for more information.

Using Non-Ninja World Biographies: If an individual is found to not be using a biography that is designated as the primary Ninja World biography (marked as [NW] in the Approved biographies section) they will incur a two month ban from the Ninja World. This rule does not apply in special circumstances, like special permission from the Ninja World Head Moderator or during unique Ninja World events that allow people to use multiple biographies. Continued incidences after the initial ban result in greater penalties.​

(K.ii) Story Sagas:

A Story Saga is a series of Story Arcs in the Ninja World. Mechanically, Story Sagas have no direct impact on Biography and Arc rules. It is just a grouping of Story Arcs that are related and play out over a long period of time. Currently, the Ninja World is in its Second Story Saga. The first saga, which began with Arc 1, lasted until the end of Arc 10. More information can be found here.

(K.iii) Biography Rules:

At any point one may only have a single Ninja World biography active during a Story Arc. Changing this biography will invoke the rules above, resulting in a reset should the biography be dropped during a Story Arc, or a soft reset if dropped in the grace period. The only exception to this rule is in special Ninja World Events (i.e. Doubles Championship). In this case you may be allowed to use a second biography strictly for the event. In this case rules will be outlined for how your biography can be used, who it can interact with, and where it can go. One may only roleplay in the Ninja World with an approved biography.

(K.iv) Health/Chakra and Technique Regeneration:

Because the Ninja World operates on a single universal timeline, rather than various timelines, it affects how the usage limit of techniques is regenerated, as well as health and chakra. In the Ninja World technique uses will recover at a rate of 1 per week. For example, a technique that had 3 uses per battle in the old Ninja World would mean that in a single timeline, you could use it three times before you needed to reset to regain those uses back. But in the Warring States Era, you regain one use every week for that technique. The timer for this weekly recharge rate begins in the moment you post the technique. This recharge period does not allow the technique to go over its inherent limit, it simply allows it to reach the limit again. So if you use that same technique three times in one battle, it will take you a total of 3 weeks to regenerate all of its uses. While in combat, this recharge period is frozen and cannot begin until after combat has ended. For instance, if you have a technique that has 4 uses, and you use 2 in a single battle, that timer will not begin to count down for each charge until the battle has ended.

Story arcs also have changed how chakra and health are regenerated in the world. The Warring States era implements mandatory use of the new Health System. In this system, one regains 5 health per day. In the Warring States Era, death is not possible unless under special circumstances. Because of this, if your health falls to 0 you will be incapacitated and unable to continue your RP activities until your health has recovered to a minimum of 80. This regeneration process can be augmented with medical techniques or fields of a similar nature. Chakra regeneration is set to 5% of your maximum chakra per day for all people, regardless of their rank. Like technique regeneration, health and chakra regeneration are completely frozen during combat. This means that all regeneration is halted in terms of health and chakra entirely, and begins again after combat has ended. This regeneration does not accumulate in battle. For universalizing this system, the reset period for a single "day" in the Ninja World is 12:00 AM EST.

Important Note: Customs that influence regeneration rate of chakra, health, or techniques baseline rate in the Ninja World are banned from submission.​

Active Techniques Notification: It is your responsibility to alert your opponent of any active techniques present on your biography. This means seals, modes, and any other technique that has either been activated in the Ninja World prior to combat and sustained or those present on the biography itself. This is done with links to where the techniques were activated or a link to your biography notifying your opponent about seals and other techniques that are in play.​

(K.v) Death:

Death in the Ninja World, due to the implementation of the Health System, is by default impossible to reach even when your health reaches zero. This can be altered by combatants when both parties consent, however. In this case death is reached when one combatant reaches zero health. Once they die it will be treated as if their biography has died in the Ninja World, removing it from the world permanently. Death must be agreed on between two combatants for Edo Tensei to be used. Certain Ninja World events may involve permanent death.

(K.vi) Specific Instances of Techniques and Miscellaneous Notes:
  • Edo Tensei/Orochimaru Biography Capture (in the Battle Arena): When a Ninja World biography is captured and revived through Edo Tensei in the Battle Arena, the victor (the one who captured the biography's DNA) must alter the appearance, history, and other defining characteristics of the Edo Tensei in order to prevent consistency clashes between it and the other biography in the Ninja World. This is done to ensure consistency in the Ninja World and to not punish someone for losing their biography in the Battle Arena, rather than the Ninja World. Death must also be agreed upon for Orochimaru biography captures in the Ninja World; while this is not specifically an instance where health points reach zero, it is an instance of 'biography death.'
  • Mangekyo Sharingan: Blindness caused by the Mangekyo Sharingan lasts for from the point of blindness until the end of the arc, upon which one's eyes are restored to their peak health.
  • Eight Inner Gates: Activation of the Eighth Inner Gate results in a biography's death in the Ninja World, regardless of Health System rules, once it expires. This can be counteracted by use of Yang Release's Touch of the Sun. It is important to note that Night Guy, the pinnacle technique of the Eighth Gate, causes one's body to disintegrate. This disintegration can be counteracted by Touch of the Sun but will render the victim immobile for the remainder of the Story Arc regardless.
  • Seals: Seals placed in the world, like Flying Thunder God seals, are placed only within the Arc they are placed in. Once the Arc has ended these seals will be reset. This also applies to defensive seals placed in landmarks unless that seal is part of the landmark itself (defined in the Landmark Updates thread).
  • Yin Release/Other forms of Spiritual Control: Techniques under this category last as long as a single arc if not specifically stated by the technique used.
  • Children of Tiamat Amino-Geis: Control under the Amino-Geis lasts for the remainder of the Story Arc in which control was placed on the biography. Once control is broken the biography cannot be placed under the Child of Tiamat's control for ten turns.
(K.vii) Good Faith Roleplaying:

This term isn't an official term in any roleplaying game, as far as I can tell; but I have coined it "Good Faith Roleplaying" for the sake of the Ninja World and the Naruto Roleplay as a whole. Generally motivating your character's actions based on your own emotions or interactions outside of the roleplay, which to some extent is metagaming and breaking the fourth wall, is forbidden and looked down upon. While two people can engage in a fight or start a war over almost any reason, it should not be because of a conversation one had on Discord or a post on the forum.

(K.viii) Metagaming:

The term metagaming refers to a player using real-life knowledge to determine and motivate their character's actions. To some extent in the roleplay all of our actions are done through metagaming. Our characters do not quantify the strength of a technique by a number like we do when we create customs or boost techniques. How else do we know the exact strength of a technique required to counter another technique? In this sense, we do metagame. But it is also gaming within the rules, and is required to perform basic functions in battle. Outside of these rules we strictly forbid metagaming as a practice in the roleplay, both in battle and in Ninja World interactions. The forms and ways that metagaming can manifest are numerous; in the roleplay it is strictly forbidden to metagame.

Return to Top

Last edited:
Reactions: Shady Doctor

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(L) BOUNTIES
(L.i) Description:

Bounties are a tool of law enforcement, avengers, unapologetic evildoers, and profiteers. In practical terms, a bounty is a reward offered for the completion of a certain task, often one that involves killing, capturing, or otherwise retrieving one or multiple individuals of interest, and entire clans. Bounties are often posted on criminals but technically there are no limits on how bounties can be posted on, or how big they can be. A bounty will always be measured in Kumi, though exceptions can be made to offer artifacts, Kumi by Ninja World Moderators, or other goods on a case-by-case basis. Bounties funded by Village Kumi and Colonial Income can only be issued on other roleplayer's heads. They must all be approved by the Ninja World Head Moderator. Bounties can also be issued by a Ninja World Moderator in response to one's actions in the world.

(L.ii) Bounty System Rules:

By default, nobody has a bounty on their head. Bounties are not based on abilities, skill levels or infamy, but rather simply on what the person posting the bounty wishes to offer as a reward. Bounties can be placed on anyone, anytime and set at any price, with whatever conditions attached to it that the poster wishes. Just as everyone can post bounties everyone can hunt and collect them. Clans can also post bounties, but this must be clearly described beside the ‘issued by’ column in the template. All bounties will be submitted in the Bingo Book and follow a simple template:
Issued by:
Name(s):
Orders:
Wanted For:
Bounty:
Special Information:
Rendezvous:
Thus, a bounty includes the names of the issuer and target(s), the orders with regards to said target(s), what they are wanted for, the size and nature of the bounty, miscellaneous info and, finally, the details of where and how the bounty hunter will be paid. Once a bounty has been posted it cannot be changed, though some exceptions will be made if, for example, a player with a low bounty acts in a manner that justifies increasing said bounty, or vice versa. Bounties will be removed when they have been completed, or when the issuer retracts it as they can freely do, so all bounties submitted in the Bingo Book are active and valid postings. They are also considered ‘public’ in the sense that bounty hunters would have knowledge of them.

Bounties, by their very nature, are open contracts. If a bounty specifies, for example, that the head of the target be brought to a certain location the bounty hunter can be intercepted freely by other parties on their way to the rendezvous. ‘Theft’ of bounties in this fashion must be logically possible and it follow the same rules as normal theft, i.e. the victim must have been defeated in battle and only the victor can steal it. However, this is not a pass to metagame.

(L.iii)Rogue Ninja Bounties:

Rogue Ninja Bounties are a classification of bounty exclusive to roleplayers unaffiliated with villages. More specifically, this class of bounty belongs to roleplayers with approved Ninja World biographies that are Rogue Ninja, Clans, or in the infamous organization Akatsuki. Unlike normal bounties, which are issued by other roleplayers, Rogue Ninja Bounties are issued by Ninja World Moderators. These bounties are very unique from traditional bounties in that they do not necessarily pit player against player, or reflect price based on what the issuer wishes to offer. These are skill-based bounties, and their rank and difficulty reflect as such. They can take on the form of missions with predetermined objectives, like raid a village or landmark, or to hunt down a specific roleplayer, or even an NPC. As they are structured similar to missions, the rewards for Rogue Ninja Bounties will often reflect the rank in difficulty they are given. However, these bounties can exceed such difficulty as well depending on the content of the bounty. For example, an S-Rank Rogue Ninja Bounty that directs a roleplayer to invade a small community of villagers, terrorize them, and steals their goods will not offer the same reward as an S-Rank bounty that directs a roleplayer to kidnap the Kage of a village. These bounties reward roleplayers with a variety rewards ranging from Kumi to unique Artifacts for Rogue Nin. Rogue Ninja Bounties are posted randomly at Moderator discretion, and are available for anyone to undertake at any given time. The bounty is structured similarly to a normal bounty in template. Note that these bounties can generate competition between those who undertake them, making them potentially very cut throat.

Return to Top

Last edited:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(M) STORYBOARD MISSIONS
(M.i) Description:

Storyboard Missions allow roleplayers to choose from a number of story elements to craft and narrate their own missions in order to complete objectives and earn rewards. Each story element is ranked according to difficulty, and the average of these elements dictate the overall rank of the mission that the player will complete. Some story elements affect the requirements of the mission, while others will affect its objectives, and others will affect its setting in the Ninja World. Essentially, it is a list of core elements and aspects that structure the mission and give the role-player room to tailor their own narrative. There is no minimum word count or detail requirement, the requirements for each mission increase with each rank and the number of elements picked for a mission. Some objectives will require you to dedicate a large part of your narrative toward it, while others will take less.

Criteria: Please view the Storyboard Mission Criteria thread for more information on completing a mission.

NPCS: Many storyboard elements, standard or custom, involve partaking in combat against a single or several enemies of varying sizes, shapes or powers. These are, for all intents and purposes, NPCs that can be fought in battle or confronted in some manner. While roleplayers have greater freedom in how they utilise an enemy NPC compared to a generic one, which cannot participate directly in the mission, there are still limits to what can be done with them. Enemy NPCs cannot possess any skills, abilities or techniques that aren't canon, nor are players allowed to create techniques or abilities for said NPCs, even if they fall under canon fields or abilities. These NPCs cannot be used or controlled by players that aren't mission participants, nor can mission participants RP solely as an enemy NPC(s). They must still control their own biography and use it to complete the mission.​

(M.ii) Declaring Your Mission:

Roleplayers do not have to do anything in particular to create, accept, or begin a mission. This gives significant freedom to roleplayers in initiating a mission which they can acquire from a group of other roleplayers, themselves, a friend, or an NPC. The story is entirely up to the player, and it is theirs to tell. The only requirement is that the player clearly indicates in the post in the Ninja World when they begin their mission. This is done by including the selected storyboard elements and the self-written overall details of the mission in a note at the top of it. You cannot edit a mission into an old post in the Ninja World. Players can utilize NPCs in their missions freely, even if it is not a story element requirement. This NPC cannot engage in battle and is simply there for story purposes.

(M.iii) Clan Storyboard Elements:

Clan storyboard elements are integral to progressing your clan toward the final stage of becoming a village. Be nature, clan storyboard elements act similarly to regular storyboard elements. Declaring a mission a "clan mission" requires that at least one clan storyboard element be present in the groupings. You can pair any number of regular story elements with any number of clan elements in order to have the mission be deemed a clan mission. The overall rank of the clan mission is determined by the overall rank of the mission. So a clan that needs to complete an A-Rank clan mission to level up must complete an A-Rank mission, with at least one clan storyboard element in it.

(M.iv) Custom Storyboard Elements:

It is possible to create your own custom storyboard elements (regular or clan) to utilize in your missions. You do not need approval to make use of custom storyboard elements, but they are subject to scrutiny and change. These elements are not difficult to use with no issues, so long as they make sense, they are appropriate, and fit your narrative. In addition to making your own element, you also need to assign it a difficult (D[1]-S[5]). Like stated above, this difficulty must be appropriate and make sense in respect to the custom element. It is possible that your storyboard element will be added to the default list of elements.

(M.v) Submitting Missions:

After all requirements and objectives of the mission have been met and completed, the mission must be submitted to be checked These submissions will follow a simple template that includes all relevant names of participants, links, dates, and storyboard elements chosen. The checker will review the mission to see if the objectives have been completed and then approve the role-player's earnings. The exact size and nature of the reward depends on the rank of the mission. All involved players, whether it is a solo mission or one completed in a group, will always receive an equal amount of Kumi.

(M.vi) Storyboard Elements:
D-Rank (1):
Explore a landmark
Gather resources from the land
Do a good deed
Do a bad deed
Take part in local festivities or a cultural ritual
Set up camp
Run an errand for someone
Babysit someone much younger than you
Finish a chore using Ninjutsu
Do some moderate meditation to improve focus
Pull a prank or something prank-like
Babysit someone
Lend a helping hand in one of your landmarks
Report someone to the Clan authorities
Build something for the Clan
Perform administrative duties
Collect taxes from those who reside in your landmarks

C-Rank (2):
Explore an abandoned site
Trail an individual without being detected
Defend yourself from wild beasts
Help a local trader by transporting his wares
Set up a secure camp
Perform a moderate workout routine
Help a friend
Capture an exotic or rare animal
Run a thorough background investigation on someone
Take part in a physical trial
Build technology
Put the Clan’s interests first
Solve a problem for a settlement in one of your landmarks
Sniff out a dissenter
Train a small group
Trade with another group
Show the people of your landmark the merits of your Clan

B-Rank (3):
Fight an individual of comparable strength
Steal an important document
Defend your employer from bandits
Convince a neutral party to fight with you
Infiltrate an enemy's base
Choose between what is right and what is easy
Explore the history of something
Convince a criminal to confess
Torture a suspect
Investigate the history of a landmark
Explore a dangerous site
Deal with a traumatic event from your past
Scout potential threats
Negotiate for or speak on behalf of your clan
Stomp out protest and/or dissent
Make an enemy of the Clan disappear
Prepare one of the landmarks you own for immediate or future attacks
Identify a traitor

A-Rank (4):
Fight an enemy stronger than yourself
Sacrifice someone for the mission
Steal valuable information from the enemy
Meet with a major faction representative
Convince an enemy to fight with you
Infiltrate an enemy's organization
Terrorize a large community
Disperse a mob
Spy on an important target and remain undetected
Capture an important target
Steal a large or valuable asset
Deal with a problem in a tactical manner, instead of through direct confrontation
Defend against or attack another group
Stop a brewing or exploding revolt
Make all the necessary plans and arrangements for your Clan
Take responsibility for the actions of your Clan and/or its members
Help put a part of the Clan’s past behind it

S-Rank (5):
Win a fight without your ninjutsu
Fight an enemy much stronger than yourself
Save a large community from danger
Survive a near-death situation
Assassinate the enemy commander
Destroy a large community
Safely transport highly classified information
Experiment with very advanced ninjutsu
Facilitate a major peace agreement
Guard someone very important
stablish control over a hostile area
Save your Clan from a major catastrophe
In the darkest hour, overcome
Destroy a large group or settlement
Make the sacrifice for your clan
Return to Top

Last edited:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(N) FORBIDDEN MISSIONS
(N.i) Description:

Typical Missions in the Ninja World are ranked between D and S-Rank; this reflects a scaling increase in difficulty, effort, and complexity. But there exists a higher difficulty, a category of much rarer mission in the Ninja World: Forbidden Ranked missions. For a while now these have existed in some form or another without being formalized. The difficulty between an S and a Forbidden Ranked Mission is night and day. They are not issued by one’s self, instead being issued by the Ninja World Head Moderator or, more rarely, the RP Administrator. Today there exist four types of Forbidden Missions: Ability Missions, Village Missions, Sage Missions, and Special Missions.

(N.ii) Ability Missions:

Ability Missions are required for all Tier 5 and Tier 6 biographies and abilities. Ability Missions are issued when someone requests a certain ability or biography, undertaking a mission in the Ninja World that crafts a story around the pursuit of such an ability. These missions are usually conducted by a Sensei, though can be operated by a Ninja World Moderator as well. For example, an Ability Mission for the Children of Tiamat would have the roleplayer play out a story with a character they wish to become a Child of Tiamat, encountering NPCs controlled by a Sensei that interact and battle with them to ultimately transform them into a Child of Tiamat. Ability Missions are heavily story driven, but also include battling and a need to display some level of competency. At times an Ability Mission is done with a biography that is not the user’s main biography; in these circumstances the Ninja World Head Moderator will allow a user to have two biographies active in the Ninja World, the second being used for the mission exclusively.

(N.iii) Village Missions:

Village Missions (not to be confused by missions issued by Villages) are issued for clans that reach Level Five status. These missions are required to advance a Clan to Village status; like the other categories these are considered Forbidden Ranked missions, and can be compared to a Sage Mission in terms of length and difficulty. They are operated in multiple phases, conducted by the Ninja World Head Moderator, and can only be taken on by a Clan that has multiple members in its ranks rather than by a Clan filled only by one person. Village Missions can be applied to once someone has reached Level Five and fulfilled the time requirement; once this is done they can request a Village Mission from the Ninja World Head Moderator through DMs.

(N.iv) Sage Missions:

Sage Missions allow roleplayers to attain the highest rank of the RP – Sage. The rank offers numerous perks, including higher speed, more health, higher chakra, more custom slots, the choice between a Custom Clan and a unique Sage Weapon, Prestige, and a unique Sage Title customized to their biography. Sage Missions are only offered periodically throughout a year and are conducted exclusively in the Ninja World. Sage Missions are the longest type of mission in the Ninja World, as well as the most difficult. They are done over multiple phases, testing multiple facets of the RP. Please see the Sage Mission rules on more information on how to apply.

(N.v) Special Missions:

Special Missions are a highly unique type of Forbidden Mission that exists outside the normal boundaries of the three previously mentioned types. These missions are highly secretive and usually involve unveiling a new type of ability or skill to the roleplay, as well as extremely unique and powerful rewards for those that undergo them. Given their nature and relation to the overarching Ninja World story they are classified and not requested through normal means.

Return to Top

Reactions: Keotsu

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(O) Kamiyasumi - the Western Continent

(O.i) Description:

Kamiyasumi, the Western Continent, is located to the west of the Mainland. Like Tobusekai, it is a place shrouded in mystery and part of the broader region of the world known as the Outer Lands. The Outer Lands have been separated humanity for thousands of years; their separation is largely attributed to the dense mists, treacherous seas, and unnatural nature of the land itself. Since the demise of the Domain of Condition, however, these have largely abated and the way to Kamiyasumi has been opened. Unlike other continents, the oceans that surround Kamiyasumi play an important role. These oceans are divided into sub-landmarks and are marked as A, B, C followed by a number. This means they are connected to the primary ocean landmark that their letter corresponds to. No landmarks in Kamiyasumi can be claimed for clans or villages.

Return to Top

Last edited:
Reactions: Keotsu

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(P) REGIONAL SUB-STORIES

(P.i) Description:

In spite of the Prime Divinities’ sacrifice, Abzu’s Cataclysm has shattered our world. What remains now lay in a state of flux where time and space are warped and twisted. Parallel and outer realities intermix with our own and forces, new and old, have laid claim to various parts of the world in preparation for an extended conflict for dominance. The most dangerous of these threats are the Three Regents, the youngest children of Abzu: Tanacetum, the God of War, Aureliana, Goddess of Wisdom, and Archelirion, God of Heaven. Each of these Divinities has evolved from their first names, given by Abzu, as part of a natural evolution from mysterious outer gods to native Divinities of our world, or what is left of it. Each Divinity has formed its own territory in our world, defined on the Ninja World map. These territories, for better or worse, are their sovereign states and an earnest attempt to rectify the world in their image or ideology, to move beyond the Cataclysm that their father wrought.

Other forces linger on the fringes as well. Despite their plan succeeding, for the most part, some of the Voidlords still remain in the world to this day. Phetra has returned from the Void, now cloaked in the shroud of the Envoys. She has aligned herself with Tanacetum, acting as an advisor. Nefarian, the former God of Disease, has carved out his own small regional pocket near the Kaizoku Sea. Millicent has established a cult of worship in the western region of Tobusekai where the Basmu’s rampage has terraformed the land and sea. Meanwhile, the Monks of the Human Order, through their Atavistic Flame teachings, have persevered through the Cataclysm. They have established a holdout for humanity in the Outer Lands. Though they struggle with the Sentinels, worshippers of Abzu’s, in the waters that surround the island. Meanwhile, the rogues and bandits of the former Freehold have banded together under the leadership of Commander Konoe Sakihisa. Oisha has taken refuge here, still scheming from his failed plans three years prior. Lastly, and the most mysterious of these groups, is the Order of the Golden Amputation. It is led by Mara, a human who harnessed her own mastery over Atavistic Flame. Her order is the antipode to the Monks of the Human Order who seek to cooperate with the gods.

(P.ii) Regional Delegation:

It is difficult, if not outright impossible, to control and roleplay as multiple different factions simultaneously. And because there has been demand for regional stories to be implemented the responsibility for these regions is to be delegated to other roleplayers. This means that the roleplayer delegated to a specific region will control that region’s story, its NPCs, be able to create and host events, and interact with other biographies. This role is not entirely independent and does carry with it some responsibilities. A roleplayer serving as an Official Delegate must adhere to the basic premise outlined in a region’s biography; for example, Aureliana, the compassionate Goddess of Wisdom, will not necessarily attack people within her territory unprovoked. It will be necessary to serve as a faction’s leader faithfully, meaning playing within their story and events planned with them. Likewise, these factions and their leaders serve as key elements within the “Main Story.” Each of these “Sub-Stories” is an offshoot of the Main Story. None of these are mutually exclusive and they all ultimately interact with each other at various levels and frequency. So while a Delegate is afforded autonomy with their decisions they still need to operate in the overarching story as well. Thus, Delegates report to the Head Ninja World Moderator on issues within their region, how they are progressing their story, and what they might need to do to progress the Main Story.

But Delegates do have a significant degree of autonomy. The most attractive power of a Delegate is the capability to put on your own regional events, designed entirely by the Delegate and anyone else they want to include! These events are largely yours to decide how they play out, with Ninja World Head Moderator approval. You can design prizes, mechanics, NPCs, and abilities for your NPCs as you want. The event should make sense within the scope of the region you are in. The only limitation to this is properly regulating how often an event can take place within a single region. People will compete with other regions for event spots each Arc. Their events will be approved on a per-arc basis and typically no more than one event will run in a single arc. This is so we can make sure enough roleplayers attend an event. Delegates are also able to use their own personal biographies within their region and interact with their own NPCs. But they cannot participate in events that they put on in their own region.

Put simply, a Delegate will conduct their own affairs within their region while also playing a role in the grander story. The grander story, conducted by the Ninja World Head Moderator, will force them to ‘react’ to the story, making decisions that logically make sense or, in some cases, are dictated by the larger picture. It is also important to recognize that a character, or multiple characters, that a Delegate plays as do not belong to that Delegate. These aren’t your personal biographies; they are plot devices meant to serve as part of the engine of the overarching Ninja World story.

(P.iii) Sovereign Territories:

There are eight sovereign factions in the Ninja World. They are as follows:
  • Asterion, Domain of War
  • Solanaceae
  • Annuntiatium, Realm of Heaven
  • The Rotted Wastes
  • The Monks of the Human Order
  • Remnants of the Freehold
  • Order of the Golden Amputation
  • The Sentinels
The Three Regents: In the new world shattered by Abzu’s Cataclysm, the Three Regents are the most dangerous and notorious powers. They are Abzu’s three children: Tanacetum, Aureliana, and Archelirion. The Regents are not aligned with one another, nor are they enemies in a traditional sense. Each prefers autonomy as they shape their own realm in accordance with their will. The group was originally intended to be four in size, with its fourth member as Enkidu, the Chains of Heaven. But Enkidu has chosen to align himself with the Monks of the Human Order, defending the Outer Lands as a sanctuary of humanity. Of the eight major factions in the world, the Three Regents and their respective domains are by far the strongest and most dominant. But because of a precarious balance of power between each other, and limited by the presence of the other five factions, they struggle to expand their territory. A seismic shift in the balance of power would be required for any one of the Regents to expand while simultaneously warding off pressure from another faction. The Three Regents are the antipode to Marduk’s Pantheon, which built the cosmos and then withdrew from human life. The Regents are present and active participants in the world around them, shaping it as they please. They are this world’s new Prime Divinities.

(P.iv) Asterion, Domain of War
Leader: Tanacetum, God of War
Delegate: Rexii

“War is an instrument and I am its wielder.”
-Tanacetum​

Asterion, commonly referred to as the Domain of War, is a well defined region of territory dominated by Tanacetum, the God of War. It is situated in the far north in the territory once claimed by the former Village Hidden in Snow. Despite his epitaph as the God of War, Tanaceetum’s reign is predicated on strategy and not brute force. He is the embodiment of a classical militaristic autocrat, ruling through his armed forces rather than through established bureaucracy. He is as ruthless as he is strategically minded, though not cruel or arbitrary by any means. His reign is not founded on an idea of self-aggrandizement or pleasure, but rather bettering his realm, expanding it, and proving to all others that his style of rule is the best for the planet’s development in the wake of his father’s cataclysm. The bulk of Tanacetum’s forces are formed from the last remaining Children of Tiamat, giving the exiled Children a place to call home and serve rather than be reviled by humanity. Though one strategic challenge facing Tanacetum is the demise of the Hokubu which was purified after Abzu’s rise, cutting the Regent off from a reliable source of military might. Tanacetum has a particular disdain for humans, especially the Monks of the Human Order and the Golden Amputation.

(P.v) Solanaceae
Leader: Aureliana, Goddess of Wisdom
Delegate: Red-Robin

“My children, fierce and daring, I weave schemes so that I may protect you.”
-Aureliana​

Solanaceae, commonly referred to as Solana, is the territory governed by Aureliana, Goddess of Wisdom and one of the Three Regents. It is positioned in the Tea Peninsula, occupying territory that includes the former capital city of Chungsu in its post Cataclysm state. Aureliana inherited her father’s tendency toward deception and trickery but also her mother’s compassion. It has created a dualistic, and oftentimes clashing nature, within Aureliana herself. She is both nefarious and loving, but also scheming and matronly. In spite of this, Aureliana seeks to build a civilization that can surpass the Golden Empire at its height. She is keen on grand public works and cares for all humans in her domain. And while her gates are open to human denizens that come seeking shelter, the majority of her populace is made up of two classes of Arali: the Asag and the Sulpae. As a Regent, she is incredibly powerful in her own right. She does not prefer to employ this strength directly on the battlefield or project it outside her borders. Instead, she schemes quietly, watching carefully as her siblings and rivals jockey and position themselves in the world at large. She is motherly, caring for her ‘children,’ her denizens, as if they were her own.

(P.vi) Annuntiatium, Realm of Heaven
Leader: Archelirion, God of Heaven
Delegate: Keotsu

“I take up the Mantle of Heaven not out of desire but of duty.”
-Archelirion​

Annuntiatium, or the Realm of Heaven, or simply Heaven, is the fallen remnants of Eanna incorporated by Archelirion, the God of Heaven. Of the Three Regents, Archelirion is the most sympathetic to the demons and angels that fell from Eanna when the Cataclysm occurred, seeing them as creations of his late siblings rather than abominations of a broken world. Thus, demons of all types can be seen taken refuge in the Realm of Heaven. Archelirion is a ruler that believes in duty and responsibility to his people, careful not to aggress too dangerously across his borders or incite the wrath of his Regent siblings. While a Regent in his own right, making him incredibly powerful, he is well aware that a war between two, or all three of the Regents, would likely destroy the very foundations of the planet itself. Archelirion’s territory is centered in the northern reaches of the Land of Fire, bordering his brother Tanacetum and Lord-Commander Konoe Sakihisa. To date, the God of Heaven wishes to rebuild Eanna in his own image in spite of Anu and his siblings by reconquering the Moon.

(P.vii) Rotted Wastes
Leader: Millicent
Delegate: Drackos

“My blood is human but I am an adherent of Rot.”
-Millicent​

Millicent is an Adherent of Rot, a sect of priests that worship the Basmu in the wake of its rampage with Kotetsu and Alucard in the Kaizoku Sea. After the battle the Basmu unleashed its powers over the Scarlet Rot many humans in the region became infected. Among them, Millicent came to master her powers over the Scarlet Rot and began a cult that worshipped the Beast of Tiamat, the Basmu. Today, Millicent devotes her resources to finding the elusive Basmu to take it into her own body, becoming its vessel to spread its dreadful Authority. Millicent’s territory is typically not engaged with by other faction leaders because of the dreadful nature of the Scarlet Rot itself. It is located along the western coast of Tobusekai, slowly spreading day by day. It is an Authority that even the Three Regents are cautious in dealing with, preferring to keep it at bay instead of sacrifice precious resources inside the dangerous rotten wastes.

(P.viii) Monks of the Human Order
Leader: Grandmaster Iavid
Delegate: Imperfect

"Honor our humble origins."​

-Iavid​

The Monks of the Human Order are the last remaining Immortal Humans of Marduk’s original creations. They are led by Grandmaster Iavid and take refuge at Sanctuary in the Outer Lands. In the wake of Abzu’s Cataclysm they have opened their territory for settlement, taking down the barrier that once sheltered them now that Enlil’s eternal storm has subsided, and began to spread throughout the island. They are joined by Enkidu who has aligned himself with the Monks. A key trait of the monks is that they live humbly, with their most extravagant building being the temple that houses Iavid, made only of stone. They are a kind and welcoming group that values tolerance above all. Even the Arali are welcome to the Outer Lands for those who will live in peace with the Human Order.

(P.ix) Remnants of the Freehold
Leader: Lord-Commander Konoe Sakihisa
Delegate: Lord of Kaos

“For too long we have been brigands and bandits. Cast aside our thieving ways and return to the capital, to build a new golden age.”
-Lord-Commander Konoe Sakihisa​

Lord-Commander Konoe Sakihisa’s Freehold Remnants were founded just north of Chungsu in the wake of Abzu’s Cataclysm. He recognized, correctly, that humanity had no chance of surviving on the Mainland in its fractured state if they were to remain as bandits and thieves. And so the last remaining Black Ones and former Hangurian military contingents banded together to form the Freehold’s Remnants, a dictatorship led by Konoe Sakihisa, who became its Lord-Commander. It is a small strip of territory that serves as a buffer between Archelirion’s territory, Heaven, and Aureliana’s in the Tea Peninsula. Konoe Sakihisa owes his continued existence to his status as a buffer state between Aureliana and Archelirion’s territory, both deities preferring space between each other. Sakihisa is a shrewd diplomat, carefully balancing his precarious position with maintaining good relations with those around him. He is mindful of trying his best to remain neutral, keeping his territory intact. He has a personal disdain for the demons and angels that fell from Eanna, keeping his land as pure as possible without incurring the wrath of Aureliana or, worse yet, Archelirion.

(P.x) Order of the Golden Amputation
Leader: Mara
Delegate: Pervy Sage

“Humanity must burn away its Divine past. Only alone can we truly be safe.”
-Mara​

The Order of the Golden Amputation, Golden Amputation, or as recorded in their archives, GLD.AMP, is a small and largely mysterious faction of radical knights that believe in burning away humanity’s divine past. Its antipode, the Monks of the Human Order led by Grandmaster Iavid, believes in the humble, yet divine, origins of humanity. It holds that in order to advance humanity must do away with all that is Divine in nature, including gods that would defend humanity like Enkidu or the fallen Pantheon. The Golden Amputation is led by Mara, a former villager from the Lightning Mountains before Tiamat’s rampage two years prior. Mara is a Grandmaster of the Atavistic Flame, but her ideals could not be any more different than Iavid’s. Her strength eclipses his own through some mysterious means after she traded Marzan’s lost God Slaying Tools with Basel. She is joined by Reed and Talia, two knights who are also Grandmasters in their own right. The Golden Order is not bound by any particular territory; instead they operate in secret throughout the world, hunting down those who sympathize with the gods, new and old, and Divinities themselves. Their hatred burns bright for even the various demons and angels that fell from Eanna. Mara was once an innocent village girl. But that innocence and naivety was shattered when Tiamat’s rampage tainted the Hokubu and destroyed her home.

(P.xi) The Sentinels
Leader: Lady Aria
Delegate: Goetia

“We were born of the Void, primordial nature. Turn your spears to the surface. All must bow to the natural path.”
-Lady Aria​

The mystery surrounding the Sentinels rivals only that of the Order of the Golden Amputation. The Sentinels were born from the Void Tree shortly after Tiamat's demise, evolving quickly in the depths of the Hokubu. For a brief period they visited the surface world, learning about human civilization in the heart of the Hangurian Freehold. But they quickly grew suspicious of humanity as their minds were manipulated by Abzu's influence from the Void. They are Abzu's devout worshippers as they seek to supplant mankind with live under the sea. Their leader, Lady Aria, was once a reasonable and kind sovereign. But after her alliance with Imeroth and the Void Tree's growth her mind has become warped, falling into a path of radical religious devotion as she looks to follow Abzu's path.

Return to Top

Last edited:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(Q) RIFTS

(Q.i) Description:

A Rift is a high difficulty activity designed around one to three roleplayers. Similar to the Raid on Irkalla, the Underworld, Rifts feature predesigned “bosses” or encounters with preset loot tables. To many these are easiest to cognize as dungeons or small raids. Rifts are a result of Abzu’s Cataclysm. They are breaches in space and time that take a team to a place in the past, future, or even another reality entirely. Rifts can vary in rewards; some encounters will provide “unique” and specific drops (i.e. a necklace belonging to a witch) or generic items, like canon abilities. Depending on the level of difficulty a Rift will reward roleplayers either on a per battle basis (i.e. after each boss is successfully defeated) or at the end. In the latter case these Rifts will only reward players if they successfully complete all encounters and is typically the model used for lower difficulty Rifts.

(Q.ii) Rift Management:

A Rift is managed, typically, by the Delegate in the region that Rift is located in. If a Rift is located outside of any Region then it is managed by someone specifically delegated by the Head Ninja World Moderator.

(Q.iii) Rift Engagement & Lockouts:

A Rift can be engaged by any number of parties (group of allied players) at once. Rifts are typically repeatable; if someone claims a Rift Title that Rift can still be done by other parties. It can also be repeated by the same group, though it must respect the “Lockout” window. A Lockout refers to the period of time where, either after success or failure, a group cannot engage another Rift. This period lasts for two weeks from all Rifts.

Entering a Rift disables all currently active techniques and disperses pooled resources, such as Sage Chakra. The only techniques allowed to be active entering a Rift are Doujutsu (the Doujutsu itself, not any techniques derivative of it), techniques posted and associated with the biography (Body Seals, tools listed, etc), and basic forms of Sensory/Awareness. All other techniques are deactivated immediately upon entering the Rift.

(Q.iv) Rift Title:

A Rift Title falls under Official Titles (Section I.vi) in the Ninja World. These are unique titles that can only be awarded to the group that is the first to complete an A, S, or F-Rank Rift, essentially recognizing them for completing a Rift successfully first. Rift Titles are typically revealed when the Rift is revealed. Earning a Rift Title and completing a Rift successfully first is usually a difficult process as the challenges and puzzles of a Rift are not explicitly stated initially, typically requiring a period of discovery to understand and formulate proper strategies.

(Q.v) Difficulty Rating:

Rift Difficulty Rating is a ranking system similar to typical technique rankings in that it is measured between D-Rank and S-Rank. Forbidden Ranked Rifts are a special classification of Rift typically reserved for Sage and Special Missions. The rankings are described as follows:

D-Rank: Designed to be engaged by Chuunin level players. This is an introductory level Rift that can be casually engaged.

C-Rank: Designed with standard Jounin level players in mind. This is an entry level Rift that can be taken on casually but has a larger variety of enemies that can be encountered. Typically will involve only canon fields.

B-Rank: Mid-level difficulty Rift designed for advanced Jounin level players with higher tier (Tier 4+) abilities in their arsenal. These Rifts have a wide variety of enemies that can be encountered with equally high tier canon fields and, at times, custom fields.

A-Rank: High-level difficulty Rift designed for advanced Jounin and Sage level players with high tier (Tier 5+) abilities. These Rifts are typically exclusively custom oriented and have unique modifiers to increase difficulty significantly.

S-Rank: Elite-level difficulty designed for Sage level players with access to Tier 6 fields and extremely diverse customs to fall back on. Enemies in these Rifts border on the insane in terms of difficulty.

Forbidden Rank: Good luck.

Return to Top

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.