Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This sounds like an issue with epoch time. 12:00:00am on 1st January 1970 is a very common reference point. Every point in time is then defined by how many units (seconds I think) have passed. As the article says, resetting the clock may cause the time variable to become negative, or even rollover.

After checking the linked reddit thread, I'd agree that disconnecting the battery may solve the issue. If the value responsible for clock time is stored in some volatile form of memory then removing power entirely should wipe it and require a new time to be set. That's a big if so please don't try this anyone.

Edit:
For anyone wanting an explanation on the epoch issue, a nice concise video just popped on YouTube.
[video=youtube;MVI87HzfskQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVI87HzfskQ[/video]​

Last edited:

Deviation

Legendary
Kin
243💸
Kumi
171💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As much as I'd like to use it, they could have just made it a theme or skin instead of just resetting your phone. This is a bust.

Please don't play with my heart ppl. I miss the past. ;__;

Wabbit

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: asons not to buy an Iphone

I'm gonna try it and see what happens XD

Wait, this doesn't kill my phone, right ?
You can just take out the battery and insert it back.. But oh wait iPhones have battery embedded inside. It might just drain out in a day or so if you leave it.

This reminds me of when 4chan created fake IOS 7 ads to convince iPhone users that it was water/shock/microwave/gravity proof.
You must be registered for see images

Congratulations Apple,
Where else do you think this one came from. These are specially crafted to bait dumb i***s™

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: asons not to buy an Iphone

This reminds me of when 4chan created fake IOS 7 ads to convince iPhone users that it was water/shock/microwave/gravity proof.

Congratulations Apple,
Let it happen again :lmao: