Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
As usual i am here to suggest off pointers , like i said this forum has been on stagnent for months with virtually no improvement being added .

- Improving Mobile features (big priority)

- Make section more prominent were activities are dwindling .

- Separate Mafia section (Been telling this for a year you cannot put this in forum games )

- - Improvement of RP section, add more visibility and invitation if players are interested . Jas added cool features you could have improved on it .

-- Add streaming channel like twitch .

I dont know why Admins have given up on this place . When was the last time Z and V asked any suggestion ? As usual they will lock the threads when i criticize the forum handling issues , clearly you are just playing with time .

Last edited:

Vitis

Kin
674💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'd add to that list actual moderation of the members. Spam is rampant, ignored and even encouraged. Wading through countless off topic replies gets old especially if you're watching a thread because you're interested in it just to get constant notifications that amount to absolutely nothing worse than that other members adding to that nothing by responding to it encouraging it further. Even past the notifications a guest browsing the site only to see a mass of off-topic posts in EVERY single thread is a turn off and looks woefully unprofessional.

JoanaTak

Kin
1,284💸
Kumi
48💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Advertising is also something to work on lol. I'm pretty sure I've seen other members say they do promote but this place needs social media like Instagram and Twitter to give updates on and other events so the small chance somebody might come across it, they would be interested in it. Maybe we do have it but I've never seen anything before LMAO

Like Vitis said, the spam is kinda annoying too. There's only one person who's actually serious in most threads, although that's kinda hypocritical of me to say. I feel like there should be a random thoughts thread in the general section or chatterbox besides just having a chat room. It's kinda awkward posting something in there and expecting a reply because of the title but never getting one. That might just be me but it would be more comfortable since there's a clear distinction between them. Sometimes I see on threads just thoughts that come out of nowhere and that might help with people getting off-topic a little bit.

There should also be a discord thread pinned in an obvious place where there are an official server and servers for other animes separately like Naruto, Bleach, etc. so people who just join don't feel like this place is cliquey. Obviously you'd probably have to dm somebody for it since bots but that's fine lol. Make sure it's somebody active too. I've seen a lot of people saying how they want to have an actual discussion but can't because everybody is just talking about non-related things. Having a discord might fix that a little bit but they also die quickly LMAO

We should also try holding small events too, to keep people interested. There might not be enough people here for this, but like how a lot of people play mafia, for a holiday or just randomly design an event that people would actually like. Maybe like an online game where people are put into teams and go against other people to win something (10k kin and a name change for everybody in the team that got first, 5k kin for second, etc). Anybody would be able to join and people might come back for that if it's fun enough, but not to the point it gets old. Always have something new but not that it's too hard to handle. An events team would probably make sense for that but I don't know if there are enough people interested in that

I kinda feel like I'm just stating the obvious though

Edit : Honestly first I'd focus on making the people who are already here stay and then work from there. Probably by just having something new at least every 2.5 months since this place gets repetitive a lot. But if this place did get revived, you really only have to host events and make a couple of updates once in a while. Personal preference, but there should be a logo for this instead of having Naruto on the tab. It makes the place look messy and I'd also work on making new emotes to put with the old ones. I'd stick to three primary colors, like the background, navy, light purple, and light blue for the theme colors. But what do I know ?

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Hunty and minamoto

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'd add to that list actual moderation of the members. Spam is rampant, ignored and even encouraged. Wading through countless off topic replies gets old especially if you're watching a thread because you're interested in it just to get constant notifications that amount to absolutely nothing worse than that other members adding to that nothing by responding to it encouraging it further. Even past the notifications a guest browsing the site only to see a mass of off-topic posts in EVERY single thread is a turn off and looks woefully unprofessional.
u r rite i agreee wit u tivis..

Vitis

Kin
674💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Edit : Honestly first I'd focus on making the people who are already here stay and then work from there. Probably by just having something new at least every 2.5 months since this place gets repetitive a lot. But if this place did get revived, you really only have to host events and make a couple of updates once in a while. Personal preference, but there should be a logo for this instead of having Naruto on the tab. It makes the place look messy and I'd also work on making new emotes to put with the old ones. I'd stick to three primary colors, like the background, navy, light purple, and light blue for the theme colors. But what do I know ?
Fully agree with this point. Been active for about a month personally and feel like there's not a whole lot of point to staying. Any thread put up devolves or doesn't get any posts. Nothing you can do about the latter if there isn't any interest sure, but at least you can keep threads from dying simply because they devolved, you can get spam and non sense on any number of other sites after all.

I would say the issue with running events is you have to get participation, if the members are more interested in raising their post count to no real end then chances are any attempt at an event will just be dead. There used to be a weekly signature contest, but that shut down due to logistics and lack of interest. Logistics is a side of things you absolutely need to even attempt to run anything. Interest wanes when things are ran poorly or participation isn't encouraged. It seems the now monthly graphics contest is the only active forum event and that requires a skill set that is hardly the focus of the site and it doesn't appear to draw too much interest of voters either and even less discussion. You know not that I want to get the graphic contest shut down or anything but logically it'd make more sense to do something in line with the focus of the forum.

There's a reason Favicons are usually simple, the images are small they're not good for just taking an image and shrinking it to the point it has little discernible detail. I don't watch Naruto and know nothing about it, but a quick google search comes up with a red cloud thing that could probably work whatever a Sharingan is would work, something simple that fits the theme would make more sense then a tiny picture of Naruto, would look cleaner if it was actually designed to be a favicon. As for Emotes you really don't have to match colors for emotes as long as the styles are coherent and go with the theme otherwise some will look out of place or not make sense. In terms of design having an alt dark theme tends to go other well for those who view the site in the dark though both of the people listed as Forum Designer seemed to have left one a year ago and the other last seen in May so maybe updating there staff with a past staff title for those who left and making sure all the roles were filled would be prudent.
-
I'm guessing at the very least you know how to turn on a computer, use some sort of browser well enough to navigate to a site of your choosing and type on a keyboard past that hard to say.

Reactions: Hunty and JoanaTak

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
But that's what gives this place charm.

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I for one would be happy to host some events here (I used to be part of events elsewhere). GFX of the month and Creative Writing are very good and should be kept around (but I wish more members would join them) but I also think we could use other events such as contests revolved around gaming, trivia, drawing... etc. Utilize free sites for online board/card games like cards against humanity and BGO so every member could be included. There are also events that could be based around posting that aren't just mafia.

As far as the spam issue goes... One of the things I like the most about this site is how lax everyone is when it comes to discussion rules here and how everyone kinda just... talks, and doesn't worry too much about if the thread gets derailed or not, or whatever. I think this isnt a problem with me because this community is so small and (i think) close-knit in a way, i believe its the same people who i can expect to comment on discussions all the time and the rest stay in mafia or roleplay sections. The threads being derailed or other discussion ongoing inside them hasnt seemed to be a big issue to anyone (at least until now)
But this is personal preferences imo, but its what makes this place charming to me. If its a big problem to others I understand that but I cant relate - I like the site, its members and the dumb shenanigans that go on here. I think Demon probably understands what I am getting at. @Demon

An official discord would be nice. The mafia section here has their own discord server that is doing quite well and I can see it working for the whole of anime-base as well.

I also think mafia is too big and probably deserves its own section away from fun and games.

Shimazaki

Kin
84💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
When i was still a active Waller we held monthly Vectoring Contest in my old community ( I know Vectoring is pretty much hated nowdays ) thso who entered the contest had to submit a Vector for a theme that was given like "megane" for example. Everyone who entered could then choose 3 of all submission a Fav and those who won 1-3 would get a a Badge.PNG with their nameand their rankin if its 1-3, everyone else got a participants badge. those badges were then pinned on the Profiles page of each participant. since this community seems to be fixated on Sigs and Avas i belive it would be a good addition and having the profile page to ba able to show your rewards is satisfying.

I doubt that adding social media is a good idea. Discord would kill the Forum and for what reason would one need twicht and the likes here? A own Gallery would be nice to show off ( woudnt work because of higher server costs), expanding the forum luike making it more organized. Seperate the RP section from the forum and making it its own thing since its still accesable from the top tap.

What i have a issue with is that i cant see whitch group of pelople this forum is actually aimed at.
Manga?Otaku? Roleplay? Anime and manga should be separate in each a own subforum. Dont focus only on the big ones, there many people who cant stand those big animes and are more into the smaller ones.

Oneway would be having Groups for each anime. Like a naruto Group, that way the we could keep the Forum organized and all those anime speciffic disscusion could be held in that group.

I believe Events are the key, different events for different sections

JoanaTak

Kin
1,284💸
Kumi
48💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Fully agree with this point. Been active for about a month personally and feel like there's not a whole lot of point to staying. Any thread put up devolves or doesn't get any posts. Nothing you can do about the latter if there isn't any interest sure, but at least you can keep threads from dying simply because they devolved, you can get spam and non sense on any number of other sites after all.

I would say the issue with running events is you have to get participation, if the members are more interested in raising their post count to no real end then chances are any attempt at an event will just be dead. There used to be a weekly signature contest, but that shut down due to logistics and lack of interest. Logistics is a side of things you absolutely need to even attempt to run anything. Interest wanes when things are ran poorly or participation isn't encouraged. It seems the now monthly graphics contest is the only active forum event and that requires a skill set that is hardly the focus of the site and it doesn't appear to draw too much interest of voters either and even less discussion. You know not that I want to get the graphic contest shut down or anything but logically it'd make more sense to do something in line with the focus of the forum.

There's a reason Favicons are usually simple, the images are small they're not good for just taking an image and shrinking it to the point it has little discernible detail. I don't watch Naruto and know nothing about it, but a quick google search comes up with a red cloud thing that could probably work whatever a Sharingan is would work, something simple that fits the theme would make more sense then a tiny picture of Naruto, would look cleaner if it was actually designed to be a favicon. As for Emotes you really don't have to match colors for emotes as long as the styles are coherent and go with the theme otherwise some will look out of place or not make sense. In terms of design having an alt dark theme tends to go other well for those who view the site in the dark though both of the people listed as Forum Designer seemed to have left one a year ago and the other last seen in May so maybe updating there staff with a past staff title for those who left and making sure all the roles were filled would be prudent.
-
I'm guessing at the very least you know how to turn on a computer, use some sort of browser well enough to navigate to a site of your choosing and type on a keyboard past that hard to say.
I agree on everything else but if we did get an events team, they could probably promote the events and games going on. Obviously since this place is small, there’s probably not going to be a lot of people playing at first, but if we look open and friendly to the guests they might consider joining. Maybe they could put a banner or something on the homepage that keeps a list of updates and events going on. There should also be an anonymous google form where you can enter ideas about what events you’re interested in and the people in charge can discuss if they want to do that or go with a different idea. About the emotes though, since this place is about anime, we should probably have anime ones too. We could organize it into sections (like if we have Naruto emotes, Jojo emotes, etc) and keep the old ones too, but I feel like small details like that affect a lot. Since there’s people interested in graphics here, the staff could post a thread and people enter the emotes they created to see if its useable. Graphics and events are probably one of the more important things to keep this place alive

• Angry

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Oh, random thought

I would love a poll of the week. Something anime related or whatever. An admin can post a new poll and lock the discussions in it and users can vote in it every week until the next one. It could be something like "which anime is your favorite" to "which of these event ideas on animebase do you like the most" etc etc

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I support death help. Have you considered letting the boat sink?
Post automatically merged:

I don't want people to come here then they will find all of my threads I posted :S Ill be exposed for life.

Last edited:
  • Angry

Toujo

Regular
Kin
1,313💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I definitely concur with giving Mafia its own section. Navigating through forum games to find it is often a tiresome affair. On the note of Mafia, I'd like for there to be a button that opens the text editor for posts in a new tab. I'm here solely for the Mafia, so I can't speak for anything else, but in Mafia, there is a lot of discussion, and debate, and reference to previous posts. This often will result in needing to comb the thread to grab a selection of quotes. On a number of other sites I play on, this is a simple affair - you pick a page, open the text editor in a new tab, and then quote all you need on that page, copy& paste, and move on to the next one. Here, it's a great deal more complicated. One has to grab the quotes they like, paste them into the text editor, open a new tab for a new page, and repeat ad naseum, until you either get fed up with it and give up, scroll through every page, or close the wrong tab accidentally and lose most of your work. I've never seen the preview be done on the same page, probably for good reason.

A dark theme would also be nice.

Vitis

Kin
674💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But that's what gives this place charm.
You can get random chatter in a discord or via pms or profile posts. The difference between forums and a chat site used to be some sort of structure and adherence to the discussion topics, it's also why spam rules exist to weed out such things. If somebody with no attachment to the site came across a thread discussing something they were interested in and found it to be littered with spam and people replying to that spam like a chatroom they're simply going to move on elsewhere. There are essentially spam threads on this forum as is for such things already, but people just treat the entirety (of the threads I've seen) as a spam thread from welcoming members so their first impression is spam to graphic threads, to the discussion and general threads even the forum games get derailed by spam, that's not charm that's lack of moderation.
Obviously since this place is small, there’s probably not going to be a lot of people playing at first, but if we look open and friendly to the guests they might consider joining. Maybe they could put a banner or something on the homepage that keeps a list of updates and events going on. There should also be an anonymous google form where you can enter ideas about what events you’re interested in and the people in charge can discuss if they want to do that or go with a different idea. About the emotes though, since this place is about anime, we should probably have anime ones too. We could organize it into sections (like if we have Naruto emotes, Jojo emotes, etc) and keep the old ones too, but I feel like small details like that affect a lot. Since there’s people interested in graphics here, the staff could post a thread and people enter the emotes they created to see if its useable. Graphics and events are probably one of the more important things to keep this place alive
This place is actually one of the larger sites of it's kind left, but that's more to the pitiable state of forums these days. I'd say first impressions are important though, but the welcome threads get greeted with "Do you believe in Tobidara" or however he writes it and people responding to him rather than actually speaking to the new member, hardly seems like a good impression to have welcome threads spammed and trolled especially when his manner of speaking is intentionally trolling and nobody really cares even Avani commented on it and pretty much just left it at that instead of doing anything about it.

As for a banner you're wanting some form of widget that'd require coding knowledge it's all fine and well, but does anybody on the forum actually know how to code well enough to create it? I've not seen anything like it on other Xenforo sites either so there might be inherent compatibility as well.

I don't think you need an anonymous form for contests/events you'd be interested in fact I'd say it'd be more helpful to leave it public to gauge interest of other members based on suggestions submitted. Mayhaps another member likes the idea but never thought of it themselves where a staff member might dismiss it assuming it might not have any other interested parties leaving it open to crowdsourcing so to speak could streamline somebody's idea into a workable solution or show general forum-wide interest.

The problem with running a contest is style differences as mentioned before if the emotes are disjointed then it can look a bit sloppy. If everybody kept them withing the vector style of things it wouldn't really be an issue and a vector style would look cleaner anyway and is already associated with anime.

Appearance matters sure, but not sure if I'd say graphics keep anything except a graphics forum alive though and they died out with the great discord pilgrimage like numerous others. Now only the specialized wide audience sites survive a couple of big name pokemon sites, a fire emblem one is still running, a few anime ones and video game sites mostly shut down in favor of Reddit, but company forums are still alive like The Coalition's, Ubisoft's, Epic's, but they're all terrible, graphics forums can't name one aside maybe Deviant Art, but that's general art so that doesn't really count and the forums attached to it are absolutely abysmal.
-
Whipped this up in response to the Favicon
You must be registered to see images
It has a white outline so on a white background it looks a bit off from how it should, but it also is generally shrunk to 16x16 so making it'd be half the size most of the time.

Zise

Veteran
Kin
515💸
Kumi
9,619💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As the site is and always was a hobby project for us and will never be the main focus in our lives, things will take their time and will be done when we feel like doing something about it and if anyone of you have a problem with that, then this site is the wrong place for you. When you work hard on something and get bad feedback or see constant complaints rather than constructive criticism it is rather demotivating and when that happens I personally spend less or no time trying to create something new on the site as it kills the hype and creativeness for me. That said, there are some good ideas and some constructive criticism in this thread so far that can help, so I will take your thoughts and suggestions into consideration for future updates whenever that may be.

:Corazon:

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
As the site is and always was a hobby project for us and will never be the main focus in our lives, things will take their time and will be done when we feel like doing something about it and if anyone of you have a problem with that, then this site is the wrong place for you. When you work hard on something and get bad feedback or see constant complaints rather than constructive criticism it is rather demotivating and when that happens I personally spend less or no time trying to create something new on the site as it kills the hype and creativeness for me. That said, there are some good ideas and some constructive criticism in this thread so far that can help, so I will take your thoughts and suggestions into consideration for future updates whenever that may be.

:Corazon:
Then appoint someone if you are busy. Its clear you have family and real life job i get it , you need to burden off your shoulder.

I definitely concur with giving Mafia its own section. Navigating through forum games to find it is often a tiresome affair. On the note of Mafia, I'd like for there to be a button that opens the text editor for posts in a new tab. I'm here solely for the Mafia, so I can't speak for anything else, but in Mafia, there is a lot of discussion, and debate, and reference to previous posts. This often will result in needing to comb the thread to grab a selection of quotes. On a number of other sites I play on, this is a simple affair - you pick a page, open the text editor in a new tab, and then quote all you need on that page, copy& paste, and move on to the next one. Here, it's a great deal more complicated. One has to grab the quotes they like, paste them into the text editor, open a new tab for a new page, and repeat ad naseum, until you either get fed up with it and give up, scroll through every page, or close the wrong tab accidentally and lose most of your work. I've never seen the preview be done on the same page, probably for good reason.

A dark theme would also be nice.
Ratchet dont worry i asked zise twice. He think mafia belong to forum gaming section which clearly isnt.

I remember he even banned the mafia game because it contributed spamming .

You can figure out from his attitude he doesnt listen to anyone , he is like my way or get lost . No wonder people left this place to other sites where admin actually listens .

You can get random chatter in a discord or via pms or profile posts. The difference between forums and a chat site used to be some sort of structure and adherence to the discussion topics, it's also why spam rules exist to weed out such things. If somebody with no attachment to the site came across a thread discussing something they were interested in and found it to be littered with spam and people replying to that spam like a chatroom they're simply going to move on elsewhere. There are essentially spam threads on this forum as is for such things already, but people just treat the entirety (of the threads I've seen) as a spam thread from welcoming members so their first impression is spam to graphic threads, to the discussion and general threads even the forum games get derailed by spam, that's not charm that's lack of moderation.

This place is actually one of the larger sites of it's kind left, but that's more to the pitiable state of forums these days. I'd say first impressions are important though, but the welcome threads get greeted with "Do you believe in Tobidara" or however he writes it and people responding to him rather than actually speaking to the new member, hardly seems like a good impression to have welcome threads spammed and trolled especially when his manner of speaking is intentionally trolling and nobody really cares even Avani commented on it and pretty much just left it at that instead of doing anything about it.

As for a banner you're wanting some form of widget that'd require coding knowledge it's all fine and well, but does anybody on the forum actually know how to code well enough to create it? I've not seen anything like it on other Xenforo sites either so there might be inherent compatibility as well.

I don't think you need an anonymous form for contests/events you'd be interested in fact I'd say it'd be more helpful to leave it public to gauge interest of other members based on suggestions submitted. Mayhaps another member likes the idea but never thought of it themselves where a staff member might dismiss it assuming it might not have any other interested parties leaving it open to crowdsourcing so to speak could streamline somebody's idea into a workable solution or show general forum-wide interest.

The problem with running a contest is style differences as mentioned before if the emotes are disjointed then it can look a bit sloppy. If everybody kept them withing the vector style of things it wouldn't really be an issue and a vector style would look cleaner anyway and is already associated with anime.

Appearance matters sure, but not sure if I'd say graphics keep anything except a graphics forum alive though and they died out with the great discord pilgrimage like numerous others. Now only the specialized wide audience sites survive a couple of big name pokemon sites, a fire emblem one is still running, a few anime ones and video game sites mostly shut down in favor of Reddit, but company forums are still alive like The Coalition's, Ubisoft's, Epic's, but they're all terrible, graphics forums can't name one aside maybe Deviant Art, but that's general art so that doesn't really count and the forums attached to it are absolutely abysmal.
-
Whipped this up in response to the Favicon
You must be registered to see images
It has a white outline so on a white background it looks a bit off from how it should, but it also is generally shrunk to 16x16 so making it'd be half the size most of the time.
They wont ban minamoto ,pretty sure he is alt of a mod here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hunty

Vitis

Kin
674💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'll fall on the proverbial sword and agree with Shanks. As the founder you have the power to delegate tasks to others to reduce the workload whilst also still doing something for the side, the "my way or the highway" attitude conveyed makes it seem more like you simply don't care one way or another whether that's true or not. Going onto say that feedback demotivates you because you put yourself out there and did something makes it sound like you did it purely for your own ego, that you only want praise and positive responses to something and that leads to stagnation both in creative endeavors and in other things as well, but I digress. While my intention was not to insult you and if my candor doesn't leave me unwelcome I'd offer my services on the graphic side of things at the very least if it is at all appealing a prospect.

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Here is my honest opinion.

I do not think anything will change or change rapidly. This is because the admins are fine with the way things are. Is it a bad thing to not change? Maybe but there are members who still say that the site is doing well. So there is still some good in keeping the forum the way it is.

I would say to leave the people who moderate this site in peace. If you do not like AB, you should go to another place which suits your taste. There are still forums out there which you might like and which fit your taste. Competition is a good thing!

The admin's reply in my opinion has shut down this thread. I highly doubt that any of these suggestions would be implemented. Look at how many suggestions have been ignored. I think it would reach 20 easily. I think it is much better to either 1) Enjoy what you like about the forum or 2) Go to a forum that you like. 3) Complaining and 4) Making suggestions to change the site to fit your taste which then get rejected is a waste of time in my opinion.

As for me? I have choosen option 2. This site does not fit my taste anymore. It is bland, boring and lacks many features. Is it a bad thing? Not at all. The forum does not fit my taste anymore. But that does not mean that the site is bad for others. There are people who like this forum. I understand them and I would rather leave them in peace to appreciate the forum for what it is.

Last edited:

Zise

Veteran
Kin
515💸
Kumi
9,619💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Delegate to whom? I've said many times if anyon e want to create something that clearly the community wants or need they can do so, that's how I personally became a staff member on NB in the past..

About the mafia section, it was never popular enough to be a main section or a forum on its own according to stats it was mostly the same people visiting the game. So I do understand that it would be a convinience for some but for the entirety of the site I believe it's better suited where it is. But I'll look into that as stats change over time.

Shimazaki

Kin
84💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Delegate to whom? I've said many times if anyon e want to create something that clearly the community wants or need they can do so, that's how I personally became a staff member on NB in the past..
Im not active enought to know for sure but it sounds like there is a lack of staff, same goes for all the spamming witch isnt dealt with so instead of assuming the staff dont care isnt it right to assume that there isnt simply enough staff in the first place?

If thats the case then there is a need of commited Moderators and people to report issues instead of just complaining.
Im personally interested in @Zise view upon that group of people this forum is aimed at, Knowing what the Staff is actually envisioned for this place might be a good way to gather ideas how to improve the weaker aspects of the forum and make the good things more solid.