Sourcandy

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hello there!

I know this is coming out of the blue but it is something that has been bothering me for quite a while. We currently have two sections where discussion can take place: The Chatterbox and General Discussion.

Here are the descriptions for each area:

The Chatterbox: This is the place for random chat and funny topics.
General Discussion: Discuss here the latest headlines and debate on serious matters.

I think The Chatterbox is perfectly fine as it is; we all need a place where we can discuss silly things from time to time. It is the General Discussion section the one I have a problem with. As it stands, the section description describes a place where serious matters can be discussed in a civilized matter. However, the section's name seem to have this effect on members to think the section is for laid back topics that don't necessarily fit in the chatterbox. That's not my main concern though, what worries me is that when a serious thread DOES appear, many people don't take it seriously and just make it impossible for others to have a debate.

To fix that, I think the best think to do would be to rename the section to something more fitting and move any laid back discussion to the chatterbox. The would keep debates separated from laid back discussion without cutting back on any, me thinks. There's also the possibility to create a new section, but that would just cluster the forums.

So what do you guys think? Should the section get a new name? Should it stay the same? Why or why not?

Reactions: Eibmoz

shanee

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
it doesnt really matter what its called, people will always post in the wrong section. plus, they are different enough.

Sourcandy

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I see where you guys are coming from, but I think you are underrating our member base. I think that some of the people that fail to read the description would be discouraged to derail a thread if the section was named "Serious Matters" or something like that. Maybe I'm just being a bit optimistic?

Sasunarufan13

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Some people don't care where they post their thread - there have been members who knew they posted their thread in the wrong section, but didn't care about it or even did that because they thought their thread would get more views that way.

Renaming the Generald Discussion subforum wouldn't do anything. If people want to ignore the explanation written besides the title, they will do that, no matter what the name is.

If a thread is placed in the wrong section, you could simply use the report button and a moderator will place it in the right section then.

Wesobi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree with the fact that people don't read what is said anyways. It's funny how they come asking why their thread was removed afterwards, so maybe this will make it more clear (sorry for misusing your thread). If you're too lazy to place it in the right section, I won't bother moving it to the right section either and just trash it.

That being said, I appreciate the suggestion, but it won't do a whole lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.