PTran5

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Tony Abbott will be Australia's next Prime Minister after the Coalition stormed to power in a landslide win over Labor.

The provisional results so far have the Coalition holding 91 seats, Labor holding 55, and one seat each going to Clive Palmer, Bob Katter, The Greens' Adam Bandt and Independent Andrew Wilkie.

Counting will continue in several very marginal seats in the coming days.

Kevin Rudd earlier conceded defeat in Brisbane earlier and says he will not re-contest the leadership of the Labor party.

Prime Minister-elect Tony Abbott told the party faithful he is humbled to become Australia's next Prime Minister.

"My friends. Thank you, thank you so much. I can inform you that the government of Australia has changed," he said in Sydney. "The ALP's vote is at its lowest level in more than 100 years."

Mr Abbott thanked Kevin Rudd for his service to the nation, before pledging to restore stable government which would honour its pledges to the nation.
Additionally information can be found here:

ziggyZ

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Lel, that retard, Rudd conceded over an hour ago. It's all about Abbott's time; Liberals time.
You must be registered for see images

ziggyZ

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I swear, if I was 15, I'd vote for the one man who could change this damn country[video=youtube;93kQwJIadlQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93kQwJIadlQ[/video]