Third Sage

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've always wondered had this been suggested before already and gotten turned down or? What I mean is like a monthly short review of what has happened on Narutobase that month (given awards, popular threads and discussions, maybe short interviews with interesting people, fun-facts, columns and stuff like that). Something like eMagazine Nexus had come up with a while ago, but only in smaller terms and ofcourse, with much more direct purpose (making people aware of all activities of Narutobase in a fun way).

Sorry if this had been suggested before and hopefully it will be taken in consideration if hadn't. =D

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
There was a short lived NB Magazine created, spearheaded by Adachi and I with a team of workers. Due to an uncharacteristic large amount of work in real life as well as on here, the project fell into obscurity unfortunately. There were two issues released from this. I wish and hope to revive the Magazine sometime in the upcoming year, but it may or may not happen.

First issue:

Second issue:

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,831💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There was a short lived NB Magazine created, spearheaded by Adachi and I with a team of workers. Due to an uncharacteristic large amount of work in real life as well as on here, the project fell into obscurity unfortunately. There were two issues released from this. I wish and hope to revive the Magazine sometime in the upcoming year, but it may or may not happen.

First issue:

Second issue:
I never saw this O__o I mean, I heard about the project where Nexus gave out applications for anyone who could write and such, and even selected a few of them, but the work never started due to several reasons and it got dropped... I was suppose to mention that, but seeing this confirms it happened eventually, with or without success...

To add to this, if it was to ever be continued, do not post it in the RPG section... I never go there for instance, and I suppose a lot of others don't as well. As far as I could see from the 2nd issue, not everything revolved around that section, so for a possible reboot, something like the Announcement section, or some other visible spot would be nice. Just my two cents...

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
It was posted in the RPG section because originally, the magazine I worked on was a separate entity than the one Nexus wanted to create. As you may see, it was more geared towards the RPG section, thus it originally started posted there with the first issue. As the second issue came around, more parts of the Site were included but due to overworked Magazine staff, the long awaited third issue never came around unfortunately. It was to include more parts of the site, like the second part, but with a new layout ofc.

China IL

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

First issue:

Second issue:
I persnally liked it. Maybe, if it's allowed by Caliburn, this time you could ask some willing members to help in it's production. Of course they'll just work under the Mods in charfge of it.

Third Sage

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
people don't even buy manga here
they wouldn't subscribe to a magazine
It would be free for all of the Base members. Others wouldn't want to read it anyways.

Okami the butcher -in detention- said:
Would cost too much to make and serialize.
You don't get the idea at all.

Madāra Uchiha said:

First issue:

Second issue:
Great idea but if it only wasn't based solely on role-playing section, it would've been even greater. I was thinking that it should be consisted of bits from every section there is, not just one.

El Zorro said:
I never saw this O__o I mean, I heard about the project where Nexus gave out applications for anyone who could write and such, and even selected a few of them, but the work never started due to several reasons and it got dropped... I was suppose to mention that, but seeing this confirms it happened eventually, with or without success...

To add to this, if it was to ever be continued, do not post it in the RPG section... I never go there for instance, and I suppose a lot of others don't as well. As far as I could see from the 2nd issue, not everything revolved around that section, so for a possible reboot, something like the Announcement section, or some other visible spot would be nice. Just my two cents...
I was one of the writers for Nexus' project as well, but unfortunately went inactive for some time (guess most of them did the same). I also agree with you that it should be posted in the Announcements if it ever sees the daylight (so that everyone can be aware of it).

-Best-

Legendary
Kin
1,213💸
Kumi
692💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thats actually a very nice Idea.. If the mods are busy with other jobs they can even hire people who are interested in doing it. Like let them finish the magazine and send it to the mod for approval, by this way the pressure of creating the magazine will be reduced for the mods. and also let's not make it like a pay magazine. Jus a simple magazine with few pages. there are many awesome GFXers and awesome writers on NB, so designing and content making wont be a problem I guess. The Mods can start a thread for recruitment of volunteers and ask for willing members. It would be like adding more fun to the base. :)

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
I do plan on reviving the magazine project next year. I'll keep all suggestions in mind and will likely make a future thread asking for new volunteer workers as well as suggestions for the newer issues. As I said before, my Magazine idea was originally a RP magazine, which after getting support and enough workers, would have spread to other areas of the site. If and when it returns, it won't be solely geared towards the RP, but towards the site in general. Thank you for the suggestion though, it has resparked interest in the magazine you can say lol.

Reactions: Nympho
Status
Not open for further replies.