UltraPain

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Do any of you guys get phone pop-ups while you're on this site? I get them pretty frequently when I'm on here.

It's always a pop-up that shows the Google logo, a broken robot and a mesaage that claims I have a virus and should follow a link to download a repair.

Last edited:

UltraPain

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Last edited:

InfiniteMugen

KING
Legendary
Kin
110💸
Kumi
200💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I browse on here through my PC too and I never get popups on there.

Do you have an Android or iPhone? I have an Android.

I'm always on WiFi. When you're off WiFi though do you get the same popup?
No, my pop up is a always a game ad that takes me to App Store, I'm on iPhone though, I've never gotten one while using wifi, the closest would be getting one during the transition from one to the other, but never while I'm actually in wifi mode

UltraPain

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, my pop up is a always a game ad that takes me to App Store, I'm on iPhone though, I've never gotten one while using wifi, the closest would be getting one during the transition from one to the other, but never while I'm actually in wifi mode
I usually don't get hit during transitions. Mine will happen when I'm already reading a thread on WiFi.

Thanks for the info!

Adam Driver

Legendary
Kin
2💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Something that helped me with this problem was downloading a new browser.

I use dolphin browser and you can go to settings > enable ad blocker .
Amazing Browser and fully customizable with wallpapers and such.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,831💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Been asked several times over in the last months if you take a look at the first page of this section. The best answer still probably remains this however:

Scorps said:
A really good advice here:

Drizzy said:
PM Zise to report obtrusive or malicious ads. If it's not redirecting you to another webpage, redirecting to an app store or generally making it difficult to use the forum then just close and ignore it.
I tried browsing the forums both logged in and as a guest for a bit and nothing happened to me on my phone. The adverts that NB uses are banners visible in the sides of the site or down below. As a guest you might see these between posts as well. I don't know of any sort of redirect pub. And it never happened to me on NB and I don't think its supposed to happen.

Most likely its something installed on your phone without your knowledge. Happens a lot in Android and iOS phones with the default web security settings. I dunno the details but you should be able to quick search the web for solutions on how to protect your phone from such things.

CronoT

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Been asked several times over in the last months if you take a look at the first page of this section. The best answer still probably remains this however:
Yeah, I'm going to call horse feathers on this. First, as I said in my thread about this issue, I make my living doing tech support. I deal with these issues on a daily basis, 5-6 days of the week. Second, IF my phone was infected, as this person is claiming, then I would be getting these adware & malware issues on EVERY website I visited on my phone, not just this one. I use my phone on Twitter, Facebook, CNN, & Google News on a daily basis, & this site is the ONLY ONE that was consistently giving me that hijack issue.

So, Occam's Razor states that the simplest answer is usually the correct one. So, either every single person who has reported this issue is involved in a massive unknown ad scam, or the simple truth is, NarutoBase has a problem with malicious ads, a malware/adware infection, or both.

Zise

Veteran
Kin
515💸
Kumi
9,747💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To answer this question once and for all. There is two possibilities when you get this type of popups and store redirects.

Since it only happens to selected few people,the only option is that someone from your area has done something shady and bought adspace through the ad provider we use and then loaded a jscript redirect into their code without that the adprovider company has noticed it. This would explain why some people get it and others do not. To confirm that this is the case you can disable jscript on your device and then it should stop with limited functionality on the site, but if you still get the redirects or popups then it's more likely to be a malware.

Either way please do screenshot when it happens and PM it to me so that we can report it to our ads provider so that the people behind it can get banned.

Reactions: Gunjan
Status
Not open for further replies.