Immortal
Kin
204💸
Kumi
2,319💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A Guide To Training

Disclaimer: This doesn't guarantee you training.

You must be registered for see images

Just an average and your everyday RP'er here. After pondering for a long time, I've come up with this guide. This is a guide on how to train others, how to reply to training, etc. Training is an important aspect in our RP, which is often taken lightly. When I started the RP, I used to hate training, because of the endless jutsus, lack of motivation, and slow replies from my teachers. The prospect of training itself repelled me, and made me temporarily quit the RP. You might be reading this and seeing yourself in whatever I said!

It wasn't until that I started putting my effort into training, after watching others, that I suddenly started liking training. And, now I'm a mod's senpai. I've often read a lot of trainings, and learnt a lot of things from it. I've seen newbies request training on a senpai/sensei's profile, and often, they don't get a reply back. Usually, people think, it's because the senpai/sensei is full, or hasn't seen the message. Which is partly true. But, here is one of the common reasons: The senpai/sensei didn't like how the student approached them for training and thus chose to ignore them. To the student's dismay, someone else who requested training got accepted. And, then misunderstandings ensued.

Want to know the basics of training? Here's the guide:

Index:

1) How To Request For Training

2) How To Reply To Training

3) What To Do If A Teacher Is Full

Last edited:
Reactions: Six Paths

Naruto.

Immortal
Kin
204💸
Kumi
2,319💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

F
or Students:

How To Request For Training

The Wrong Way: "Sensei teach me ninjutsu pls pls pls I beg u pls pls pls"

This completely repels the teacher and gives the impression that the student has no self-respect. Maybe, after 10 times of repeated requests, the teacher accepts the student, pitying him/her. Do you want to be pitied? It also puts the teacher under the impression, that you're a "noob".

The Ideal Way: "Hey sensei, do you have a free spot for Ninjutsu? If so, can I learn Ninjutsu under your tutelage? I'll try my best to reply regularly and will be detailed with my replies"

Now, this is just an example. This isn't repulsive, and actually, the teacher likes how the student asked for training, and decides to accept him/her, even if the spots were full. Convince your teacher that you're actually worth learning under them, since the teachers put a lot of effort training a lot of people, as well as trying to perfect the concepts of each student.

Note:
This isn't always the case, but you make a good impression on your teacher.

In short, you have to show teachers, that you're worthy of properly replying to training.

How To Reply To Training

English isn't everyone's strong point, which is overlooked. Even though the RP requires that one have a decent command over the English language, it's alright if you don't converse in the most fluent and artistic way possible. When replying to any of your trainings, keep certain pointers in mind:

Pointers:

- Observation: Always make sure to read the jutsu description carefully and read properly the chakra required for the technique, as well as the range of the technique, it's damage points, and if it's a supplementary, defensive or an offensive technique.

- Description: This is the most ignored, and most of the RP'ers love to half-ass the training sessions by performing the jutsus/analyzing stuff with the shortest paragraph they can come up with. This doesn't mean that you have to type walls of text, but to make it clearer, I'll give you an example on how to describe a jutsu:

Let's go with the most famous and powerful canon Fire jutsu:

(Katon: Gōka Mekkyaku) - Fire release: Great Fire Majestic Annihilation
Type: Offensive
Range: Short - Long
Chakra cost: 40
Damage points: 80
Description: A technique where the user makes the horse hand seal and then kneads chakra inside his body which is then converted into fire and expelled from the mouth as a massive wall of intense flames, which covers an expansive range in both vertical and horizontal dimensions, making it extremely difficult to avoid. However, due to its massive width and height, the technique is not one of the fastest seen so far.

The most common and lazy way: I weave the Horse handseal and knead Fire chakra in my body, converting it into Fire. As I do this, I exhale a massive stream of flames at the forest in front of me.

Now, there are certain flaws with this description. The person reading this wouldn't understand how fast the flames are, how wide they are, and how powerful they are. Teachers would consider this as a mediocre description, as the student hasn't performed the technique "properly". This often causes an issue in battles too, since one needs to be very clear about how they've performed the technique, and what they intend to do with the technique.

The ideal way: I weave the Horse handseal and inhale a large amount of air, while kneading massive amounts of chakra in my gullet. I, then "superheat" my gathered chakra, forming Fire natured chakra, which makes me feel warm. As my chakra is converted into the Fire nature, I mix the inhaled air with my Fire natured chakra and channel it to my mouth, converting my Fire natured chakra into actual Fire. As this happens, I exhale out the fire, in the form of a massive stream of hellfire which widens in it's range as it travels, akin to a flamethrower. The width is so high, that it covers a very tremendous area as it travels, scorching and melting the very ground as it travels, and rising a certain height in the sky. I keep on fueling my chakra to the technique to maintain the shape and the form of the hellfire, spending a large amount of chakra while I do it. However, due to the width and the height it possesses, it doesn't travel as fast as a normal fire stream would travel. This stream is aimed at the forest in front of me, and it would be hot and destructive enough to burn the entirety of the forest in mere seconds. The downside is that, due to the area it covers, the vision of my opponent is hindered to me, albeit the vice versa applies too.

One doesn't need to do this for every single jutsu. I'd recommend to do it, until B Ranks. After which, you don't need to describe literally everything on how the technique is formed. I can assure you that a reply like this would certain impress your teacher, and would even improve your own description skills.

- Honesty: An overlooked aspect. People like to blatantly rip off descriptions off the wikia and half ass their replies. When a teacher asks you to explain the concept of chakra and ninjutsu, please don't copy paste from the wikia. Use other trainings, and the wikia as a guide and base off your answers off that. That doesn't mean just copy pasting and changing a few words here and there. The best way would be just to mention your personal understanding of the concepts based on your knowledge of the series, or if you really don't know what they mean, you can simply mention that you don't know how to define these concepts. This gives the impression that you're an honest RP'er, which certainly, every teacher appreciates; the senpais/senseis exist to further the knowledge of a student and mold him into a proper RP'er. You may not be fluid in English, but if you try your hardest, and give honest answers, your teacher would be satisfied.

- Neatness: Another commonly overlooked aspect. While replying to training, always space out your answers neatly and use paragraphs. No one wants to read a wall of text for three jutsus at once. Separate out the performance of each jutsu neatly. You don't need to use fancy fonts or colored fonts. And, make sure to use periods and commas, wherever necessary.

Last, but not the least, always ask a doubt to your teacher, if any. Don't be egoistic and try to solve everything by yourself. If you have a query regarding the working of a jutsu, it's description, etc..ask your teacher, and he/she will certainly answer it for you. In rare cases, if the teacher doesn't have an answer, ask a RP moderator.

What To Do If A Teacher Is Full

It's often the case that you've asked n number of teachers, and unfortunately, they're all full. What do you do in such a case? Do you continuously pester them? No. That'll reduce your chances of getting trained even more. If a teacher is full, try asking other teachers, and if it turns that they're full too, then use the free time to research the jutsu list and watch videos/gifs of the jutsus, as well as read other trainings, and other RP stuff. Use the free time wisely. Who knows, all this may give an excellent impression on your teacher. ;)

Last, but not the least, try to have fun in your training session. Make small jokes, etc. And, try not to reply with "yes" or "no", when a teacher asks if you've understood the question or not. That, in all, makes the teacher think that you don't give a rat's ass about the training, and his/her own motivation drops..to reply to your training. If you make training sessions fun, then you feel motivated to reply to training yourself. Don't take training as a boring and monotonous job. Eventually, you'll find a teacher who'll train you.

That's all. This is just a guide on the simple basics of training. Hope this helps the new, as well as the other RP'ers. ^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.