Naruto's obsession over Sasuke

soretynha

Kin
10💸
Kumi
32💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If I had to make a list about the things that could be better in Shippuden, I would include these 2 items:

1- It has too many fillers. I guess we all agree with that, right? It wouldn't take so long to finish the story if there weren't this huge amount of fillers. I only hope that they don't do the same on Boruto anime.

2- Naruto's obsession over Sasuke is so annoying and abnormal. I agree that they are soul brothers, they were fated to fight and make a final judgement, he wanted to be Hokage but first he had to rescue Sasuke, he promised to Sakura that he would, Naruto was lonely and blah blah blah... But still, it's just too much obsession. Even the real brother Itachi didn't understand it at some point.

You must be registered for see images

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Naruto just like you, in fact I tried to watch other Japanese animes like One Punch Man, One Piece, Fairy Tail and Fullmetal Alchemist but I couldn't. They didn't make me want to watch the episode 2. Yes they were boring for me. The exception were Death Note and DBZ, these were awesome just like Naruto was.

So my question is: Do you also think that Naruto's obsession over Sasuke was annoying? I mean, it would be ok if his concern weren't extreme. Naruto's life revolved on rescuing Sasuke from his darkness who used to be selfish and arrogant. Anyway that's my standpoint, I want to know your opinions about this subject. If there are some other stuff you'd consider as a flaw in Naruto feel free to share your opinion away, I really would like to know.

Last edited:

soretynha

Kin
10💸
Kumi
32💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have no problem with fillers. Although, I would prefer higher quality animation. :yeah:
Although they were irrelevant to the plot, some fillers were indeed good and funny, like the episode that we could see Kakashi unmasked. But still, most of them did broke down the hype of the plot in my opinion. I still remember the anxiety of waiting the next episode and then it was a filler. When the real episode came I barely remembered what happened on the previous one...

^

This wasn't good at all. It's ok to have fillers, but the problem is that there are a lot of them in Naruto in my opinion.

Last edited:

Team7monaa

Veteran
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Naruto wasn't after Sasuke's D

never went after him for looks

and sure as hell didn't try and save him for lust

Feeling connected to the same tragedy doesn't equal being a lustsick fangirl.

Sasuke even bashed her for her ignorance when she couldn't understand the orphan bit.
Sakura wasn’t after his D, Kakashi confirmed it even the Novels do. Sakura wanted to save him from the darkness just like Naruto, maybe in the beginning it was a crush but the team dynamics happened and she started to love him. Assuming that Sakura would go this far because he’s attractive is absurd because I’m 100% someone would have called her out for that and in the novel she talks about Sasuke’s dreams when he was a Gemini and that prompts him to return meaning she knows about his life.

The fact that Naruto was hyperventilating at the thought of Sasuke and no one blinks an eye and Sakura gets a hate-page for simply uttering his name, BS. Sakura was 12 when she insulted Naruto for being an orphan, she’s learned a lot so stop with the outdated panels

Last edited:

Greatness23

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's kind of understandable to a degree. Sasuke is indifferent to anybody regardless of class, rank, respect etc.., and Nruto was always treated like trash until he met him (though Shikamaru and a few other classmates never treated him like garbage) And then the silver tongued fox Sasuke hit Naruto with that, " you're one of the ones I want to fight the most" Can't help tht, right? :lmao:

SixPathsMike101

Regular
Kin
55💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ashura Indra, He had the soul and chakra of the man who is the brother of the one who had the soul and chakra of sasuke, and he was his teammate, it was fate.

Prince Badman

Regular
Kin
10💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If I had to make a list about the things that could be better in Shippuden, I would include these 2 items:

1- It has too many fillers. I guess we all agree with that, right? It wouldn't take so long to finish the story if there weren't this huge amount of fillers. I only hope that they don't do the same on Boruto anime.

2- Naruto's obsession over Sasuke is so annoying and abnormal. I agree that they are soul brothers, they were fated to fight and make a final judgement, he wanted to be Hokage but first he had to rescue Sasuke, he promised to Sakura that he would, Naruto was lonely and blah blah blah... But still, it's just too much obsession. Even the real brother Itachi didn't understand it at some point.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Naruto just like you, in fact I tried to watch other Japanese animes like One Punch Man, One Piece, Fairy Tail and Fullmetal Alchemist but I couldn't. They didn't make me want to watch the episode 2. Yes they were boring for me. The exception were Death Note and DBZ, these were awesome just like Naruto was.

So my question is: Do you also think that Naruto's obsession over Sasuke was annoying? I mean, it would be ok if his concern weren't extreme. Naruto's life revolved on rescuing Sasuke from his darkness who used to be selfish and arrogant. Anyway that's my standpoint, I want to know your opinions about this subject. If there are some other stuff you'd consider as a flaw in Naruto feel free to share your opinion away, I really would like to know.
There are many reasons for his obsession-

1. Emotionally Stunted Growth : Naruto for lack of better words was emotionally stunted. He was starved of attention, shunned and lacked emotional support during some of the most constructive years of his life. Every child needs that emotional touch of his/her parents or an adult. Naruto received none of that. He easily took any form of attention for a bond. Look at his crush on Sakura. For a normal person that sort of reaction which Sakura gave to Naruto would make him outright hate her or atleast have a strong dislike. So any form of interaction with an even if it was slight rivalry (one sided initially) convoluted into brotherly bond for Naruto. He only saw a person similar to himself giving him a bit of attention and he held on to it with all his being.

2. Sandaime's teachings : I am sure Hiruzen often checked on Naruto. He would surely have influenced, hell i would go as far as to say manipulated Naruto into being goody two shoes who forgives everyone. Think about it in this way - an emotionally unbalanced ninja in possession of the strongest biju, if he was angry at the village he would have reduced it to rubble. Those might have heavily influenced Naruto into thinking along the lines of forgetting that Sasuke actually shoved a chidori through him twice.

3. A Way of gaining Acknowledgement
: With how much leeway was given to Sasuke in general on being the last Uchiha in the village, he might have seen it as a way of gaining recognition if he brought Sasuke back. (Promise to Sakura)

4. Kishi's representation of bonds and love : Kishimoto in general throughout the manga has confused love with obsession. Think about Obito-Rin (one sided on Obito's part), Hinata- Naruto (one sided on Hinata's part, give her the credit for trying to do something nice for Naruto though), Sakura-Sasuke. Compare them to how actual relationships progress Shikamaru-Temari or the parental bond between Jiraiya and Naruto, those were some genuine emotional attachments. Before VOTE 2 Kakashi comments Sakura's love for Sasuke has transcended into something else. Well look at it in this way. They were 12 and Sakura was an obsessive fangirl who fought with Ino for Sasuke. Then Sasuke leaves the village. On reunion's Sasuke almost kills Sakura (3 times i guess). There is no actual conversation, no emotional exchanges, no understanding between the two and yet their love transcended reality :lmao:.

So overall simply ignore some obvious things and all will be well.

soretynha

Kin
10💸
Kumi
32💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There are many reasons for his obsession-

1. Emotionally Stunted Growth : Naruto for lack of better words was emotionally stunted. He was starved of attention, shunned and lacked emotional support during some of the most constructive years of his life. Every child needs that emotional touch of his/her parents or an adult. Naruto received none of that. He easily took any form of attention for a bond. Look at his crush on Sakura. For a normal person that sort of reaction which Sakura gave to Naruto would make him outright hate her or atleast have a strong dislike. So any form of interaction with an even if it was slight rivalry (one sided initially) convoluted into brotherly bond for Naruto. He only saw a person similar to himself giving him a bit of attention and he held on to it with all his being.

2. Sandaime's teachings : I am sure Hiruzen often checked on Naruto. He would surely have influenced, hell i would go as far as to say manipulated Naruto into being goody two shoes who forgives everyone. Think about it in this way - an emotionally unbalanced ninja in possession of the strongest biju, if he was angry at the village he would have reduced it to rubble. Those might have heavily influenced Naruto into thinking along the lines of forgetting that Sasuke actually shoved a chidori through him twice.

3. A Way of gaining Acknowledgement
: With how much leeway was given to Sasuke in general on being the last Uchiha in the village, he might have seen it as a way of gaining recognition if he brought Sasuke back. (Promise to Sakura)

4. Kishi's representation of bonds and love : Kishimoto in general throughout the manga has confused love with obsession. Think about Obito-Rin (one sided on Obito's part), Hinata- Naruto (one sided on Hinata's part, give her the credit for trying to do something nice for Naruto though), Sakura-Sasuke. Compare them to how actual relationships progress Shikamaru-Temari or the parental bond between Jiraiya and Naruto, those were some genuine emotional attachments. Before VOTE 2 Kakashi comments Sakura's love for Sasuke has transcended into something else. Well look at it in this way. They were 12 and Sakura was an obsessive fangirl who fought with Ino for Sasuke. Then Sasuke leaves the village. On reunion's Sasuke almost kills Sakura (3 times i guess). There is no actual conversation, no emotional exchanges, no understanding between the two and yet their love transcended reality :lmao:.

So overall simply ignore some obvious things and all will be well.
I agree with everything you said, specially that Naruto was starved of attention. Although we can't forget the fact that Hinata gave the attention to Naruto but he kinda ignored her after the Pein arc and then he chose to run after Sasuke anyway.

Last edited: