Icelerate

Elite
Kin
37💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The whole point of the war arc was to protect Naruto from getting captured. Because of this, the leaders of the Allied Shinobi Force decided to withhold information about the war to Naruto knowing that he'd rush into it. When Naruto finds out about this, he brute forces his way to the battlefield, going against literally everyone, most (if not all) of whom are smarter, wiser and more experienced than him. And how is Naruto treated by the narrative? He is completely in the right and everyone else is wrong to keep him there.

Rewarding a protagonist for being brash is bad writing especially when it leads to more level headed characters looking like idiots.

Raikage being convinced by Naruto just because he's fast is so out of character as well. How does Naruto being fast mean he's right?

ORTAK

Kin
187💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's a shonen series, I don't know exactly what you would expect much of it or why besides being generic, it isn't YuYu Hakusho, Rorouni Kenshin or Hunter x Hunter. Besides that, simply said. Naruto's rights were essentially taken away by not having the knowledge of the War happening around him and making him falsely think that he is on an important mission (Besides gaining control of Kurama.)

Raikage being convinced by Naruto just because he's fast is so out of character as well. How does Naruto being fast mean he's right?
If I recall correctly, it was not about him being right or wrong, it was about Raikage putting his belief in him and giving him a chance, considering he out matched his speed, just as Minato out matched his speed by having the mind set of "I will not fail", "People are counting on me" .etc)

Also for the fact that Raikage was out matched by Naruto first by power and now by speed, so it would have been useless either way to fight him rather than fighting the enemy.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's not like he had to be given a super compelling reason to let Naruto loose. His only alternative at that point was going through Tsunade, Bee, and Naruto. Anyways, I think it makes sense. He learned that Minato intended for Naruto to defeat Madara, so it was really a question of whether he had faith in Minato's belief that Naruto could do actually it. And Naruto showing extreme growth in strength is the biggest thing that could've reassured him.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes, Naruto should never have been allowed to enter. Even if he was he shouldn't have magically gained 1000times Kurama chakra reserves. The whole thing was handled very poorly, even Kurama becoming his friend. To Naruto being able to form cloaks for everybody in the alliance and it being able to tank prine attacks including the Jyubi's ultimate attack. There's way too much that can be pointed out.

Reactions: Icelerate

Icelerate

Elite
Kin
37💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well war arc was bad imo anything after gokages arc was written poorly.
Agreed. I also don't understand why Tobi declared war on all five nations when he only needed Naruto and Killer Bee. Antagonizing all five of the nations wasn't a very smart idea.
Yes, Naruto should never have been allowed to enter. Even if he was he shouldn't have magically gained 1000times Kurama chakra reserves. The whole thing was handled very poorly, even Kurama becoming his friend. To Naruto being able to form cloaks for everybody in the alliance and it being able to tank prine attacks including the Jyubi's ultimate attack. There's way too much that can be pointed out.
Another thing I dislike is that Naruto's chakra was being drained away yet he still split into many clones with each clone going to various divisions and making the other shinobi seem too weak/incompetent when he has to save them.

Reactions: salamander uchiha

Xlad

Supreme
Kin
138💸
Kumi
27💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I wouldn't expected a shonen manga to be that well-written. Kishimoto tried to pile in a whole bunch of content in one arc. Naruto as a character can not really be taken seriously.

Unbiased

Veteran
Kin
8💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In my opinion it went well with the story. Zetsu's needed to be stopped and Naruto could sense negative emotions. It also built the entire perspective of boruto with his "never forget the war" stance. Him witnessing everyone dying all at once is what makes Naruto one of the greats (with hiruzen coming in a close 2nd place :p) (Never forget the hashi vs hiruzen wars). His entrance show-cased his new powers and then some. I remember everyone on this board was generally excited with those chapters. Anytime anything exciting happened, we enjoyed it. It was the story progression with no action that bored the heck out of us. The chapter where Naruto is showing off the mini rasen-shuriken among others was great. The war wasn't done well in my opinion but Naruto's entrance wasn't that bad. The series takes into account emotions vs rational, so that's why it may not click instantly with Naruto's actions. It took time to see the rational behind him fighting in the war and we see the results in Boruto to this very day.