Not open for further replies.

CronoT

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I keep getting Malware pop-ups & fake anti-virus Play Store hijacks while browsing the site, & even the forums. What the heck is going on...?

Donald J Trump

Elite
Kin
912💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah I know it actually does. I never get it on PC because of AdBlock but I get it every time I visit Narutobase on my phone. I don't have any problems with other forums, only this one.

CronoT

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Get adblocker. I assume nb is advertising for costs to keep the site running
No, this is Malware. I make my living doing tech support. I work for Apple as an AppleCare Advisor. I know Malware when I see it. It's not just pop-ups. It's straight-up hijacking my browser & giving me fake virus warnings with a countdown timer, like my Android phone is going to go into meltdown or some crap like that.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,831💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This was literally asked/reported under 2 months ago if you bothered to look at the first page in this section before making this thread, sigh xD

This is what the staff had to say;

Scorps said:
A really good advice here:

Drizzy said:
PM Zise to report obtrusive or malicious ads. If it's not redirecting you to another webpage, redirecting to an app store or generally making it difficult to use the forum then just close and ignore it.
I tried browsing the forums both logged in and as a guest for a bit and nothing happened to me on my phone. The adverts that NB uses are banners visible in the sides of the site or down below. As a guest you might see these between posts as well. I don't know of any sort of redirect pub. And it never happened to me on NB and I don't think its supposed to happen.

Most likely its something installed on your phone without your knowledge. Happens a lot in Android and iOS phones with the default web security settings. I dunno the details but you should be able to quick search the web for solutions on how to protect your phone from such things.

Zise

Veteran
Kin
515💸
Kumi
9,747💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No need to make a new thread as it has been answered in the past. If you have issues like this please explain your problem over PM as this is an error that is specific for you and not for others, cause else we would all have what you are calling malware and we don't.

Reactions: Cresee
Status
Not open for further replies.